Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread

Poll: Do you want it to be coverted to a TCG (english)

I dont care
13.33%
This looks nice
46.67%
HEK YEAH!
40.00%
Total: 100% 15 vote(s)
Whoa. Lots of planning. Hopefully, this game gets popular, and I get to make a good deck. I may only have 10 Rank 2s, since I want to stock on Rank 1s. Easier to ride that way.
The way I see it, you're going to want as many Rank 2 units on the field as possible, with only your three lead units being Rank 3. Rank 2 units are the only ones with Intercept and Guard, so I might be doing 15/15/20/5 instead.
But wouldn't that make it kind of difficult to get yourself started in the first place? A slow start can be fatal. I'd rather take a more frantic 6-7th turn, than a really sluggish 3-4th turn.
That makes it easy, though. You can Call Ranks equal to or less than the Rank of your Main Unit, so you could have a full field by the time you have your Rank 3 out. The only problem is, keeping hand advantage to Guard when necessary.
(Mar. 06, 2011  9:29 AM)kayneargand Wrote: *snip*

actually kayneargand its a little more different than that. the only thing that is simularly incorporated from yugioh is the attack as you most likely already know. not really defense it keeps those points obviously, but its more of the honest/kalut tech incorporation to the game to put the best comparison. and you forgot to add to the pokemon section that it also incorporates the "evolving" engine when they up grade their units.

(Mar. 06, 2011  9:30 AM)Megablader9 Wrote: 50? Seems like even more work will go into most decks than normal.

(Mar. 06, 2011  9:36 AM)kayneargand Wrote: Makes the game more fun. I want to make a Royal Paladin Deck (Not because Aichi uses one, just because it's fun), so my goal is to have a 20/15/15/5 ratio of 0/1/2/3 cards, with 4 Heal Triggers (Elaine is a Rank 0), and as many Drive Triggers I can get in as possible.

actually guys it doesnt have to be 50 cards. thats only if you want to play normal mode. theres 2 ways you can play the game. FLASH mode or NORMAL mode. flash mode is when you play with 25 cards half the deck everything else is the same though. but instead when you want to play in the flash mode its first to 4 damage wins rather than 6 to make things quicker. they really took a lot of time to make this game if they have to ways you can play if you wanna know about the rules and gameplay to all this and info on cards you can just go here: http://cf-vanguard.wikidot.com/ its where i go to look up stuff about the game.
Thanks for the info, Teku. I'll probably only play Normal Mode. It's too much of a hassle to make two decks, just so I can Flash Mode, although it is a good way to build half a deck to see if looking for the other half would be worth it.
(Mar. 06, 2011  9:46 AM)kayneargand Wrote: The way I see it, you're going to want as many Rank 2 units on the field as possible, with only your three lead units being Rank 3. Rank 2 units are the only ones with Intercept and Guard, so I might be doing 15/15/20/5 instead.
eh i find it best to run at least more grade 3s than grade 2s cuz your allowed to have up to 4 copies of each card. yeah i guess the intercept is good but thats only when you don't have much option. i personally would run at least 10 grade 3s and 0s cuz you pretty much have to start with one anyway. the others are just for triggers

edit: no problem kayneargand glad i can help. i really have a fascination to this game. cuz its not as hectic to know right now compared to other card games that are out right now and theres no restrictions on cards yet
10/20/10/10, then? Whatever works for you, really.

My friends are considering pooling in and buying Vanguard cards from Japan while I'm on vacation, and then using translations so we can just play already. I am excited, though I'm not too excited about the US butchering the cards. I hope to god Konami isn't the one importing this game.
well more 20/10/10/10 cuz triggers are important and grade 0s have the highest guard points. yeah me too im really excited about this game. i really hope they release early due to its popularity in japan. if your friends are trying to find a site other than ebay cuz the price on there is just plain riDONKulous. they should go here its cheap and reasonable: http://www.otacute.com/index.php?main_pa...s_id=11659 aichis is on the site too btw. its more likely bushiroad is going to import it. cuz konami did with yugioh they owned it there in japan then they imported it here so its likely bushiroad is going to do the same.

EDIT: admins and mods if you're reading this: sorry for posting so much and posting a lot of links about this i just happen to like this game and want to help with this thread. so please dont give me a warning and such thanks
That's what I'm saying. I'd rather have a good start, and fizz out a bit because I don't have 15 grade 2s, than not be able to do anything but use grade 0s for a while because I focused too much on Grade 2/3s.
(Mar. 06, 2011  10:20 AM)Megablader9 Wrote: That's what I'm saying. I'd rather have a good start, and fizz out a bit because I don't have 15 grade 2s, than not be able to do anything but use grade 0s for a while because I focused too much on Grade 2/3s.
yeah you want to have an even numbers of grades 1-3 and have a little more grade 0s cuz they are more versatile with what they can do. like the (hand) guarding and they the only ones that have triggers. also dont forget if you have too many of they higher grades and you take damage you take the risk of milling (or whatever you call it) a decent grade 2 or 3 and put it in the damage zone
Plus, with a few Grade 0s, you can attack (Even if you won't win that battle) to draw some higher Grade cards, and even increase hand size in the process. That matters quite a bit, as compared to YGO, where I regularly go without a hand for 7-8 turn stretches, and still win.
yeah thats true. thats what i really fascinates and excites me about this game. its almost impossible not to have cards in your hand unless you waste it guarding everything or whatever. it gives both players a chance to utilize their cards to the max.
You have to weigh your choices. Sometimes you have to just take a hit to win. Self-preservation will not get you far in Vanguard.
no pain no gain exactly. but yeah this game is going to be really good and popular. my favorite card that they've shown is vortex dragon. that thing is just BEAST!!
This is just win... Epic monster designs... Epic card designs. EPIC character designs...
ARON: I don't care much about the artwork as much as I do the effects and powers. It's so much more than the art.

I ordered Aichi's deck just so I have a set. Another friend of mine might buy Kai's so we can play.
where are you buying the cards from? i'm assuming its onlu released in japan so far ?
It is, and at kayneargand, the Cards have Japanese text stating the effects of the Cards, unlike the anime. I've taken a look at some of the Cards.
teku66 linked me to this site: http://www.otacute.com/index.php?main_pa...s_id=11659

At $11 a deck it is pretty good. I bought two, so I have one for collection.

桃太郎: I know, but I can't read Japanese, so we need translations.
Otsu you can get the translations for the cards here http://cf-vanguard.wikidot.com/ you can also look at some of the cards from the booster pack that they have on there
This game looks like a lot of fun... can't wait until it gets released in English! (If it ever does...) Probably going to make a deck around Dragonic Overlord, it looks so cool! :3
i'm really tempted to get some . . . even though i can't read japanese and it would be such a hassle trying to memorize card translations. and it costs more + shipping. ehhhhhhhhh i'll have to see. i'm getting my tax returns soon. :p

i think i'll just wait until that booster box is available and get that, starter decks are usually so mediocre.
Otsu yeah you should save for the booster. according to the booster pack card list all the cards from the trial decks are in it so yeah it'd be better to get that instead
I don't suppose there are any Australian fans here besides me?
As I'm looking for players to actually play with. >__>