Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread

Poll: Do you want it to be coverted to a TCG (english)

I dont care
13.33%
This looks nice
46.67%
HEK YEAH!
40.00%
Total: 100% 15 vote(s)
Get your X deck yet?

Also anyone been to any big events like an actual Bushiroad event or ARG recently? I'm actually going to my first big event next Sunday (July 19th), ARG Charlotte. I'm actually really excited since I haven't been to one yet and I was really disappointed when I was unable to make the ARG state championships. I'll be more than likely running a Revenger Deck with a few plain Shadow Paladin Cards mixed in. Praying Aurageyser comes in before the event, but I don't know. Wish I wasn't busy with family this weekend so I could go to locals in practice, but at least I have a friend who is gonna practice with me the Saturday before the ARG. I think it should be really fun and I'll post my experiences afterwards.

Also on the topic of meta I like how's it's looking pretty interesting lately. Fighters Collection really threw some other decks in the meta and some are actually really good. Megacolony is a prime example, Machining Destroyer feels like it brought so much life to the dead deck. Not to mention Fighters Collection actually made some mets decks mix them selves up a bit. I know a lot of Royal Players who are going to the Sanctuary Guard build now after Fighters Collection. Really fun time to play right now with a decent amount of diversity.
Dead deck? I got 3rd with a Megacolony deck just a few weeks ago, beating complete Nove Grapplers, Royal Paladin, and just barely losing to Revengers. Hard to Stride when you'd need to get a -2 (ride a grade 3 to stand your Vanguard, then drop at least one card to Stride). Of course, it's not as good as it was a few months ago (maybe longer), but I think with the right match ups it was still a competitor.

The strides did help a lot though. Same with Nubatama (though that still isn't extremely competitive).
where are yall buying yalls card packs all the stores in my area no longer sell them and when they did they where just the first series
You can buy packs and boxes online, but if you already know the deck you want to build just buy single cards. IMO buying singles is better than wasting money on multiple packs that might not even have what you want.
So. I wanna get into CFV but Im debating which starter deck I should get. It seems like a fun and interesting game. As you can see by my sig and avatar I like the card art alot xD
ok where do you recommend i buy them online
(Jul. 24, 2015  6:28 PM)Nisshoku Wrote: So. I wanna get into CFV but Im debating which starter deck I should get. It seems like a fun and interesting game. As you can see by my sig and avatar I like the card art alot xD
Get the new trial decks. G-TD01 Gear Chronicle focuses on returning opponents units from field to bottom of deck, G-TD02 which is Royal Paladins which like to call G2's from the deck, G-TD03 is Neo Nectar which lets you call a unit from deck with the same name as one of your rear-guards, G-TD04 is Aqua Force which focuses on having multiple rear guard attacks and G-TD05 is Link Joker which locks (a mechanic where their rearguard is flipped face down and cannot be flipped face up until the end of their next turn) your opponents units and locks your own to get plusses. All of them aren't to bad although you probably want to get two of whichever one you get as that allows you to get playsets (in this game you can use up to four of the same card) of everything. Or you can buy the Legend Deck which is about the price of two starters (cheaper or more expensive depending on the seller) which is Shadow Paladins that call Grade 1's from deck and retire their own rear guards to get power bonuses. It also has playsets of everything by getting one of it. Its really personal preference, but the Legend Deck is probably the best IMO. Someone or myself can probably help you more once you decide on a trial deck.

(Jul. 24, 2015  8:19 PM)Slashman1 Wrote: ok where do you recommend i buy them online
I usually buy my singles from eBay, but there are some sellers online if you look.
It's been a while since I've been here, so I have a lot to catch up with you guys.

Hello, new player. Yes, there are a multitude of places you can shop online for. One of the biggest hubs of not just Vanguard, but for many popular TCGs such as YGO, MTG, Force of Will, and Pokemon (strangely, not Buddyfight yet...), you can go to TCGPlayer. All you have to do is sign up an account, and type in the specific card (ie Dragonic Overlord, The End) or a general description (ie, Brawlers, Battle Sisters, Dragonic), and choose from which sellers to buy the cards from. I'd recommend to go with the more popular sellers, noted by a gold star, sales over 10,000s, and has a good seller's rating of above 99.7%, as well as to consolidate all your cards into one seller to save on packages (as well as shipping).

Many stores such as Ideal808, SuperGamesInc, and Troll and Toad are affiliated with TCGPlayer. Thus, if you shop from them via TCGPlayer, you must adhere to TCGPlayer's policies. If you shop from their actual store, you may be able to reap the benefits of say discounts and such.

Some stores are not associated with TCGPlayer, but one I'd recommend is CoolStuffInc, located in Florida. For each threshold you cross in shopping with them, you "level up" and receive discounts in your orders. The discounts depends on either single cards and non-single cards (sleeves, set boxes, etc.).
So did anyone else here go to their Vanguard State Championships (hosted by ARG)? I ended up sadly coming up a little short and got 9th, but I was happy. I ended up taking Brawlers to the event and my two loses were to Sanctuary Guard and Revengers. Sadly both those losses could've been prevented if I would have flipped a single (of many left) trigger with Conquest turn, but that's Vanguard for you. Overall it was quite fun though.
Unfortunately, I never find VangARG (lol) in my state. If they did, it's A: In Atlantic City, which is roughly 2-3 hours away, and B: Yu-Gi-Oh.

If it was in NY, it'd probably be upstate, on a scale of 1 to I can't even freaking go.

>The "perks" of not having a license.
Anyone plays CF Area?