Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread

Poll: Do you want it to be coverted to a TCG (english)

I dont care
13.33%
This looks nice
46.67%
HEK YEAH!
40.00%
Total: 100% 15 vote(s)
Just remembered about those cards. You can do a good amount of high powered attacks and they keep coming. Now imagine when the opponent is at 5 Damage...better have a lot of guard or heal sack.

I like how Sing Saver is a superior Persona, but it's cost seems heavy, CB2, SB3 and Discard 2. I mean it is cool that you don't have to have another copy you just go to your deck, but the cost seems like a lot to me. I guess one upside is Royal's get a Standing Vanguard.

I like the Raizer Support Coming out. The legion is fun. Gets a crit when attacking and if it hit's stand something. Seems like a little bit of pressure.

And finally I can't wait to see what will be in the Gold and LJ Starter Deck coming out in July. Wonder if LJ's with keep Star-Vader's or not.
Hey, do you guys know a website I can order Trial Decks for less than $16 from? Besides IDeal808,, because they don't have the decks I am looking for.
Cardfight Capital.Com has them all. The most expensive ones (which are the newer ones) are 13.47 USD and the rest is under that.

Here's a link to the actual Trial Deck Page
What trial decks are you looking for? Or just specific Singles from it?
All of them. At least, TD10, TD11, TD04, and TD12. I need to add those to my training collection, and I need to get my friend a TD12 for his DP deck.
I'm assuming this would go here.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cardfight-Vangua...2ec7dfee34
It isn't really clear, but for this, what are you getting for $6.95? One "pack" of cards, all of the clan of your choice?
(May. 18, 2014  10:01 PM)Dual Wrote: I'm assuming this would go here.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cardfight-Vangua...2ec7dfee34
It isn't really clear, but for this, what are you getting for $6.95? One "pack" of cards, all of the clan of your choice?

Read the description.

Quote:Each pack will include:

*45* Common/Trigger Cards
*5* "R" Holographic Cards

All 50 cards will be randomly assorted and consist of only cards from the clan you chose.
For only $6.95?
(May. 19, 2014  1:04 AM)Dual Wrote: For only $6.95?

Well they're only Common and Rares, not exactly the best of cards.
Though I doubt that those kinds of listings are actually "random" for the most part.
Still a good deal, thank you for clearing that up.
(May. 19, 2014  1:08 AM)Dual Wrote: Still a good deal, thank you for clearing that up.

Cheap cards are cheap, good luck on your pulls.
I had a friend from my local card shop go to the Georgia qualifier. One of his friends invited him and another guy to be a team. They were Invaders, Nebula Lord (He didn't have the time or money to order chaos), Reverse Cocytus, and Reverse Erads. They lost in Round 3 sadly. I wasn't sure how well they were going to do since IMO they had a weaker Invader team considering LJ wasn't running Chaos and they also had Granblue on the team. I told them they did good though since I think this was my friends first event like this.
Atually, Reverse Cocytus has been tested for Tier 1. Which...is surprising because Cocytus at first kinda sucked on paper. It is legit up there with decks like The End, Descendant, Revengers, Bad end Dragger, and Daikaiser.
Oh wow I never knew that. I guess I'll have to try Granblue out sometime now.
I know, right? Hold on, here is an excerpt about Cocytus R from V-Mundi. I was surprised, too, since we were all like, "Oh, Cocytus-R sucks, Granblue didn't get anything decent, hurr durr." Even Alice. Then there were tests...I don't exactly know what happened, but I hear that the tests changed EVERYTHING.

We also discovered that Rank 1 Ride Chains lead to a lot of shenanigans AND allow for a high count of G3s in a deck.

V-Mundi, Granblue BT-13 Update Wrote:Sea-Strolling Banshee breaks into the scene as a Dindrane clone. Naturally, this means her ability allows you to Soulblast 1 when she’s revived from the drop and you draw 1 card. Since Granblue has the capability to make this happen repeatedly, you have an instant advantage engine in the clan now. It’s spammable as well. All you need to do is set it back up in the drop zone with one of many cycle out revivers like Deadly Spirit, Deadly Nightmare, Samurai Spirit, and Captain Nightmist.

With a veritable smorgasbord of options (in-keeping with Granblue’s theme), Banshee makes an interesting addition in the form of hand advantage. Since the cards she grants go directly to the hand, this allows them to not just grant plusses, but also a ton of guard. Any time yo

-----

Most of the time, guard comes in the form of self-revivers. Cocytus was the rare example of a unit (along with Negromarl) capable of reviving other units. But with the new set comes support for that Banshee partly in the form of Lord of the Seven Seas, Nightmist.

With Nightmist, you finally have a break-ride in Granblue. Be that it may, that Granblue is a mid-game deck, it still has a lot to gain from a strong finisher. With Nightmist, your typical +2 stages is supplemented by getting to call any 2 units to ® then give each +1 stage and they go back at the end phase. Interestingly, calling the banshees is not only +2 directly to hand (making him just like Spinodriver!) but a potential for two 3-stage columns. Now in practice it usually works out more to a 2 and a 3 or a single 4 stage, but the potential exists. Because the units retire at end phase, you can do some creative asset diversification and sell off those two called units for two units that won’t die. For example, calling either the new starting vanguard, Rough Seas Banshee, or Sea Strolling Banshee (and retire swapping her out with the above mentioned units) will allow you to get everything for “free”. The latter gambit giving a technical +4 at maximum, though you’re foregoing the extra stages. In my experience with the deck, having the field filled back up at late game is more important (stability over volatile edge). And hand size for guard trumps all.

-----

Ice Prison Hades Emperor, Cocytus Я, in-keeping with the theme of his predacessor, allows free-reign revivals of other units. Once you’re in late game, during your main phase you can Lock a Granblue and mill 3 cards. Just choose and revive and Granblue and give it +3000 Power. Great targets are the card advantage units (primarily Sea-Strolling Banshee) and the power gainers (Corrosive Dragon becomes 15k by itself, making 3 stages trivial).

So the natural strategy is Lock his vanguard booster if you break-rode. Of course you can also be on the lookout for other situations: say you have a column and an empty column or half empty. Call like a Corrosion by locking a unit in the other column, then call Banshee by locking the remaining unit in that same column. Confused? +3 permanent, no resource cost (soulblast 1 is practically free), and you end up with 3 stages on that rear which is the same number of cards (2) as two 2-stage columns. Not as much guard quality but at least it makes the hand dwindle. Thus Cocytus can be spammed to fill your field back as needed. Though only to 2 cards since a third lock means no new place to call it.

-----

Peter the Ghostie gives you the best of every starter. While it’s a costed unit, it’s well-worth it. You get a soul (Sea-Strolling activation), you -1 and +1 (to hand!). Counterblast 1, move Peter to soul, mill 2, then you can draw 1. It’s a free turn of a Ruin Shade. Of course with Peter, Ruin Shade, Cocytus and all this extra drawing, you have to be ultra careful. For example, 3 activations of any 2x (Ruin/Peter) means -6 cards.

You start with -6 in hand and continue 3 turns of early game at -3 each (damage too!). Then each midgame turn of -4 until late game which goes -3 again. So in all, you take turns 2-3-2 in additional subgames on average, meaning -38 (assuming the above mills). Now, the average Granblue deck will Break ride once and Cocytus twice, meaning 4 revives. It’s common for all 4 to be draws (plus if you used a Peter!) of some kind, meaning -4 more. That’s -42 and you get 49 cards. If you used Cocytus twice, that’s -6 cards again, sending you to 48. I calculated, you won’t lose! Just be very careful and keep track of your mills. You shouldn’t be out-decking ever. I never did when I played.

So yeah, at first you think something sucks. Then you put a copious amount of testing, a voila. Changed opinions. The deck she made makes Spinodriver look tame. So many pluses...
With the release of bt16, im seeing more and more people playing mixed clans decks.

Especially Raizer legion with orge combo. It easily calls out cat butler from the deck
(May. 21, 2014  11:42 PM)Thunder Dome Wrote: Oh wow I never knew that. I guess I'll have to try Granblue out sometime now.
Or you could play me in a few weeks when school is over

Oh and btw, Phantom Blaster Abyss is just how I expected it to be: a combination of Mordred AND Raging.(i said mordred cuz there was a superior call after blaster dark was legioned). Retire 3 and stand and you don't even need a copy in your hand...
Dang just checked how expensive Dauntless Drive is on eBay (English). All the nouvelle hype I guess. I can't wait for set 14 to come out here. I gotta have ignition and tempest for my Erads. I can't take anymore vowing sword lol.
Actually, it's not so much the hype. Dauntless Drive Dragon has always been one of the most notorious Break Rides in the entire Season 3 game. It's one of the top three most expensive Break Rides due to being part of an over-hyped (The End, not Nouvelle) next to Ethics Buster and Trans-core Dragon, mostly because they were from packs but that they are over $20.

Ironically, the most devastating Break Ride is Bad End Dragger, a cheap one because of the clan, but can go toe-to-toe with top tier decks like D3TheEnd, Revengers, and Dragonic Descendant.

I think Revengers is the most dangerous deck type, because since its release, all releases afterwards can potentially keep them toptier (BT15? EB10? Jesuis christ...)
Well, I pulled an idiot's move. Ran OTT...without CEO or Tsukuyomi. Really, I just rolled with Apollon the entire tournament. And did decently. (Ended at 3rd, because Perfect Guards...) I drew through my deck and soulcharged like I was crazy. I went Hexagonal Magus for late-game LB shenanigans, but I only rode that once. (Hit once with 36k because lucky crit trigger said so.) But I didn't do as poorly as expected, because this deck's only redeeming quality IS Hexagonal Magus. (And I only have one copy. I ended up using Caramel to fish it out of the damage zone twice...) But I expected to get killed every single game, but I got lucky. Almost got stranded with a Omniscience Madonna-Gemini column for 3 turns before I rode Hexagonal Magus over the damned thing. Won that one. The game I lost, I ended up with my center column being Apollon and Petal Fairy, just for the cycling potential. But I ran out of damage to flip, so I lost.
(Jun. 04, 2014  2:39 AM)Thunder Dome Wrote: Dang just checked how expensive Dauntless Drive is on eBay (English). All the nouvelle hype I guess. I can't wait for set 14 to come out here. I gotta have ignition and tempest for my Erads. I can't take anymore vowing sword lol.

I could only imagine how much front row retiring you could do when I bounce all my Hyakkis to hand!
Just played Adam in Cardfight with an uncompleted Link Joker deck. To be fair I did draw lots of triggers and he drew next to none, haha. I ended up going 2/3 against his Eradicators and 1/2 against his D. Robo's. I was wondering if it would be too bad to only run 2 perfects in Link Joker, becuase that's all I can afford.

And I'd like people's opinons on a Great Nature deck I've been working on for my friend:

Is this a budget issue? Why no PG's (aka Cable Sheep)?
(Jun. 14, 2014  3:01 AM)Rustled Jimmies Wrote: Is this a budget issue? Why no PG's (aka Cable Sheep)?

Oh yeah, my friend has some budget issues and won't be willing to spend for the PG's. I don't think I cut anything else out another than taht for budget reasons.
Are you kidding? Leopard and Chatnoir are less than $3 a pop. About to 3. That is about $20 alone and you are telling me that he will not spend $60 for STAPLES? Be thankful the deck isn't over $100, god help me if GN all of a sudden became a popular clan.

If he is willing to spend $20 on GN's vanguards, he can shell out an extra $60, since the entire bulk of the deck is already less than $100. You seriously cannot cheapen it any less than that without a fully optimal deck.

Be thankful this isn't Granblue, who hasn't had a PG since SET 2 and can be taken as a top tier deck in SET 13.