Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread

Poll: Do you want it to be coverted to a TCG (english)

I dont care
13.33%
This looks nice
46.67%
HEK YEAH!
40.00%
Total: 100% 15 vote(s)
I just completed AQF and am building ripples now. I'm using Trans-Core/Maelstrom/Benedict and switch with Trans-Core/Genovious. I can now see how good this deck really is. I got a max of like 6 attacks in with Transtrom(break+maelstrom) and about 5 with Genovious. Both are great builds, but which do you think is stronger?
a suicide card works like this: if a card that has suicide has lower power than the opposing card but the same level (if attacking or attacked by) both cards are reversed, which mean almost dead. at the end of the turn, all reversed cards are sent to the waiting room (the graveyard) unless the player pays the encore cost (3 stock or if a card says it has a separate encore ability). weiss schwarz is a surprisingly deep game, even if you can make a deck of just level 0 cards. anyway lets get back to vanguard.
(Jan. 05, 2014  4:36 AM)Asura Wrote: I just completed AQF and am building ripples now. I'm using Trans-Core/Maelstrom/Benedict and switch with Trans-Core/Genovious. I can now see how good this deck really is. I got a max of like 6 attacks in with Transtrom(break+maelstrom) and about 5 with Genovious. Both are great builds, but which do you think is stronger?

Transcore + Glory Maelstrom. From what Alice told me, Genovious is actually pretty good as well, but atm, Aqua Force's main hitter is Trans-core + Glory. If you were to run Genovious, instead of Transc-core, use either Benedict or or Diamantes. Glory Trans is a huge gambit because Glory requires LB5. Here is why:

[AUTO] Limit Break 4 (This ability is active if you have four or more damage):When an «Aqua Force» rides this unit, choose your vanguard, and until end of turn, that unit gets [Power]+10000 and "[AUTO](VC):When this unit attacks a vanguard, your opponent may choose a card from his or her hand, and discard it. If he or she does not, until end of that battle, this unit gets [Critical]+1, and your opponent cannot call units to (GC) from hand.".

[AUTO](VC) Limit Break 5 (This ability is active if you have five or more damage):[Counter Blast (1)] When this unit attacks a vanguard, you may pay the cost. If you do, until end of that battle, this unit gets [Power]+5000, and your opponent cannot call grade 1 or greater units to (GC) from his or her hand.

At 5 damage, you can initiate some heavy stuff. By the time you Break Ride Glory over Trans-core (be careful not to ride Glory before Trans-core), you can activate Trans' ability to force discard or +1 Crit and prevent guarding. From there, Glory's effect activates; at 21k, Glory gains 1 stage. With this gambit, you either prevent guarding all together (except intercepting) or Grade 1+ guarding, meaning the opponent will have to drop 10k shields and can't use a Sentinel (I have to say Sentinel at this point because Perfect Guards now co-exist with Quintet Walls).

Your other assaulters includes Brave Shooters for 12k+ attacker (the Brave Shooter series counts themselves as part of the effect, so they have to be the first attackers along with its partner G0 Brave Shooter booster). This becomes a 20k attack, nearly a Stage 3 against 11k VGs. Then you have Lazarus, the vanilla 10k, and then there's Lucas, which provides on-hit pressure and allows you to draw a card if it hits. Unfortunately, Glory Trans does not have 4th attackers, but the pressure from an Ultimate Break Ridden VG can seriously mess up the opponent.

Genovious' Persona Blast Limit Break allows for more attackers, allowing effects from Valeria and Algos that gives you pluses for being the fourth or more attacker.

So you have either a gambit or more attackers.
EB07, Mystical Magus now has a release date.

[Image: tumblr_mz4toizZKd1qd78sao1_500.jpg]

Dimensional Brave Kaiser has had a release date since last year, but no harm putting it up still.
So Bushiroad just gave Cardfight Vanguard its own Exodia.

Star-vader, "Omega" Grandiose
[AUTO](VC) Limit Break 5 (This ability is active if you have five or more damage):At the beginning of your main phase, if the number of your opponent's locked cards is five, you win the fight.
[ACT](VC) Limit Break 4 (This ability is active if you have four or more damage):[Choose one card with "Reverse" in its card name from your hand, and discard it] All of your opponent's locked cards cannot be unlocked until end of his or her next turn.
[AUTO](VC):When a unit with "Reverse" in its card name is placed on your (RC), choose one of your opponent's rear-guards, and lock it. This ability cannot be used for the rest of that turn.
[CONT](VC)Grinuring your turn, all of your rear-guards with "Reverse" in its card name are also «Link Joker», and those units get [Power]+4000.
[CONT](VC/RC): Lord (If you have a unit without a same clan as this unit, this unit cannot attack)

The anime says that "Omega Lock" is permanent, so I dunno if it's real or not.
Ok. So this card needs a. An opponent to have a full feild. B. Reverse units to discard. C. 1 turn to survive, sstanding vanguards that don't need to hit are a decent counter. Its a nice win condish. now all we need is a mill clan.
One way to counter is to not have a 5th rearguard. But at that point, if you have 4 locked units, you pretty much can't do anything. You might as well get a 6th damage at that point if you don't have a sizeable hand.

So break ride Grandoise. 2 lock. Call a Reverse unit, 3 lock. That is already half the field. Discard a Reverse unit, lock is prolonged one turn over.

Consider this: you run 4 Infinite Zero because Break Ride. How will you fit Grandoise and Reverse Units to have a good G3 ratio? You will literally have to Morikawa it. If you run 10 g3s, that is 4 brs, 4 vg, and two Reverse. At that point, just full field lock with your other Link Joker units and leave the Reverse to the Omega Lock.
Been thinking about this, first, most players I know only run 3 link joker break rides so 3 break ride 2 omega and 3/4 reverse will do that justice. The trick is getting that 5th lock down. Other than using omega's lock twice you can't really get 5 lock easy.
I think the issue at hand is what are the purpose of the Reverse units and how many should you run to make the deck consistent?

If the opponent doesnt want to put the 5th unit to be locked, end the game with Nebula?
Hey I'm going to the Bt12 draft for the 6% chance of me pulling a good Eradicator XD
(Feb. 10, 2014  12:34 AM)BERZERKA Wrote: Hey I'm going to the Bt12 draft for the 6% chance of me pulling a good Eradicator XD

im going to draft just to draft, and on the chance of getting a friend some good cards, though he is paying for me. i just like drafting, i should play more magic. and wait how is it 6%, if its a group of 8, with at least 8 RRR (the boxes are set up like that) and eradicator holding the most RRR spots, you should have a fairly high chance of getting a good eradicator.
idk i don't bother doing the math XD
It is a 1:4 chance to pull a Narukami RRR, 1:8 for Eradicate Reverse. It is a 1:10 chance to get an RRR pack. It is a 1:6 chance to get an RR pack. It is a 1:12 chance to get the only Narukami RR in a pack. Between the RRRs and RR, you have a 1:10 chance of pulling a Narukami non-R pack In a box, 1:15 Chance to pull an Eradicate non-R pack, and finally 1:30 to pull the only good Eradicate non-R pack, even though Vowing Saber isn't really that good.
(Feb. 11, 2014  12:21 AM)Rustled Jimmies Wrote: It is a 1:4 chance to pull a Narukami RRR, 1:8 for Eradicate Reverse. It is a 1:10 chance to get an RRR pack. It is a 1:6 chance to get an RR pack. It is a 1:12 chance to get the only Narukami RR in a pack. Between the RRRs and RR, you have a 1:10 chance of pulling a Narukami non-R pack In a box, 1:15 Chance to pull an Eradicate non-R pack, and finally 1:30 to pull the only good Eradicate non-R pack, even though Vowing Saber isn't really that good.

ah but drafts have specially selected packs in the little pizza box they give the stores, and out of experience they are quite different to an average pack, 8*6 means 48 packs, 18 more than a box, and normally i see 6-8 RRR in a draft. simply put, if your store has re-drafts, as long as you don't come last chances are you will get a RRR, then you have to find out what the other players want. this is the set that introduces revenger and link joker so players will want those, and narukami gets a little break from everybody trying to scrape up their cards, but people will still go for them. it depends on your community.
[Image: TD_15.jpeg]

[Image: tumblr_n1d98bn0JC1r9t4sfo8_1280.jpg]
VG-BT16 竜剣双闘/Legion of Dragon & Blades
JPN release date: May 16
Clan: Royal Paladin, Narukami, Nova Grappler, Dimension Police, Spike Brothers, Neo Necter
Total 102 types (101 new and 1 reprint)
RRR:8, RR:12, R:22, C:60 + 12 SP + 2 Legionrare

Season 4 introduces the new Skill, "Legion". Legion is symbolized by a silvershield with "双闘" pasted on top of it. It is suggested that it means "Dual Battle", and I think there was thing shown were there were...two Vanguards?
Oh no, I hope they don't introduce another Vanguard, that would screw up the game.
Introducing another vanguard could potentially be OP with all the drive checks. No Golds in this BT16 make me wonder what's going to happen to Aichi in the final episode of season 3 next weekend. Also didn't anyone else see the poster with Kai with the Royal Paladins? That should be interesting. I can't wait for more info on all of this to be released, especially "Legion".
Haven't played VG in so long, jeez. Really need to catch back up with Season 3 and download Cray Online onto my new computer.
Just finished looking over BT-15...Venus Luquier and Dragruler Phantom make me really tempted to buy Japanese cards...
OMG I had forgotten how amazingly fun Magus OTT was.
Dragonic Overlord "The Яe-birth", baby. BT15 redefined my Avatar into Dragonic Overlord status. But I've yet to buy me a full playset of Dragonic Overlord The End.

Edit:
Especially my baby right here:

[Image: BT15-004-RRR_%28Sample%29.jpg]
[AUTO] Limit Break 4 (This ability is active if you have four or more damage): When a «Kagerō» rides this unit, choose your vanguard, and until end of turn, that unit gets [Power]+10000 and "[AUTO](VC):[Counter Blast (1) & Choose one «Kagerō» from your hand, and discard it] At the end of the battle that this unit attacked a rear-guard, you may pay the cost. If you do, [Stand] this unit. This ability cannot be used for the rest of that turn. (This ability cannot be used even if the cost is not paid.)".
[AUTO](VC):When this unit attacks, if the number of rear-guards you have is more than your opponent's, this unit gets [Power]+2000 until end of that battle.
[CONT](VC/RC): Lord (If you have a unit without a same clan as this unit, this unit cannot attack)
Saw that while I was looking through BT-15, I really like the skill. Honestly, I could see some people just running this instead of Dauntless in Nouvelle decks just because this is a +3 after both drive checks instead of only the +1. Then again, of course Dauntless has the advantage of attacking VGs lol.
With a skill like that though, I wouldn't doubt it if DOTE came largely back onto the scene to compete against Dauntless Reverse and Nouvelle (in Japanland), though they are both some REALLY tough competition. This will probably bring DOTE decks actually closer to the older TCG builds actually, as they won't have to worry about not having an Overlord in the VG circle anymore.
I pulled:
Nebula Lord, Dunagree, Vowing Saber, Barcgal Lib, AND the Revenger perfect at the sneak peek last week! I traded the Nebula and Dunagree for some more eradicator stuff tho. My eradicators are almost complete now.
Set 12 has been selling incredibly good at my local store lately, I bought 13 packs myself and pulled Dungaree, Liberator Garmore (actually needed this a lot), Promethium, Barcgal Liberator, and King of Masks. Surprisingly I didn't pull any Bruno's or the new starter and had to trade to get them. I also won the tournament I went to on Sunday, my Alfred/Gancelot (Liberator) has been doing pretty good for me. It'a been a while since I haven't hit top 3. Although I already RFD is going to be there next weekend so that's going to be a challenge. This weekend I played Seal Dragons (won 2-1), Celestials (won 2-1) and Platina (won 2-1).
I'm actually completing my Eradicators deck much quicker than I thought I would. I now have 2 Vowing Sword, 2 Gauntlet, and 1 Reverse. I just need 1 of each vowing, a few ChoOu, and 4 PGs and i can start sweeping fields. Also, I'm considering entering tourneys with Murakumo and Granblue. All I need to complete them is a Bloody Mist and 2 more Gust Jinn.
No I am serious. I don't see the appeal of Gauntlet at all. Late game crits are inferior to restanders.
I just like the concept of forcing my opponent into perfect guarding territory with just a simple counterblast and being boosted by Shuki adds some fun too. This deck is meant to wreck fields, not attack twice. Descendant is still pretty expensive anyway.