Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread

Poll: Do you want it to be coverted to a TCG (english)

I dont care
13.33%
This looks nice
46.67%
HEK YEAH!
40.00%
Total: 100% 15 vote(s)
(Oct. 10, 2013  5:26 AM)Ultramarine Wrote: That grade 4. Kill off the field, so no intercepts. No triggers so they can't get lucky on defence. No grade zeros. So just 1s and 2s in your hand. I'm not liking this thing.

exactly, i only see it not being op if break rides don't work (which i dont think so as the break rides i beleve say grade 3 or more) and that the card is a grade 4 persona blaster.
It'd be nice if you could only have, like, two grade 4s in your deck. Even still, without the persona blast, that things terrifying.
You'll only have 4 of it in a copy. Like most Persona Blasters, that's 3 other copies out of probably a deck of 35 or less at that point if you get Nouvelle by turn 4. Unfortunately, Kagero has access to Vague searchers such as Nouvelle Roman Dragon and Chain Blast Dragon.

I still don't see how a Break Ride will work, though. Nouvelle doesn't have any reason to not hit except PG. So in the case of PG, Dauntless Drive will give Nouvelle the ability to attack again WITH Twin Drive. But in most cases, after nuking the field coupled with a Silent Tom effect, Nouvelle is already a game ender.

Edit: Sorry, Roman Dragon RETURNS Vague to find G3s. That's a dumb idea, I'm sorry. Just Chain Blast Dragon, then.

Edit 2: Also, Red Pulse Dracokid.
Oop, there are more cards that didn't make it on the Cardfight wiki.

Source

Besides Blau Dunkelheit, the Blau PG, there is

Grosse Bear
Auto [R]: When this unit attacks, if you have a vanguard with "Blau" in it's card name, this unit gets power +3000 until end of battle.

Polar Stern
Auto [R]: When this unit attacks, if you have a vanguard with "Blau" in it's card name, this unit gets power +3000 until end of battle.

Blade Arm Leprechaun
Auto [R]: [Soul Blast (1)] When this unit boosts a unit with "Blau" in it's card name, you may pay the cost. If you do, the boosted unit gets power +6000 until end of battle.

Flower Ray Leprechaun
Auto [R]: [Counter Blast (1)] When your vanguard with "Blau" in it's card name's attack hits a vanguard, you may pay the cost. If you do, stand this unit and this unit gets power +5000 until end of turn.

Morgenrot
Auto: Pioneer (When a unit of the same clan rides this unit, you may call this unit to a rear-guard circle)
Auto [R]: [Counter Blast (1)] When your vanguard with "Blau" in it's card name's attack hits a vanguard, you may pay the cost. If you do, look at up to three cards from the top of your deck, search for up to one card with "Blau" in it's card name from among them, show it to your opponent, put it into your hand, and shuffle your deck.

----

Edit:
I apologize for my explanation of Mont Blaukluger. I made a terrible mistake and read Mont as an on-hit card, not a when-attacking card.

Basically, Mont is similar to that to Beast Deity, Ethics Buster, the first NG Break Ride. The difference is that while they are both when-attacking effects, Mont uses 1 CB to stand ALL your rearguards while Ethics Buster freely stands your front RGs. This is because Season 3 Beast Deities rely on the effect of others being stood to stand themselves.

What you would want to do is attack with your RGs first and take out the opponent RGs. Then use Mont Blau's effect; all your RGs stand. And if the Mont BreakRide hits with Galaxy over, CB2 and -2 from hand to restand Galaxy once more.
Cruel Dragon
G3
[Kagero]
[AUTO](VC) Limit Break 4 (This ability is active if you have four or more damage):[Counter Blast (1) & Soul Blast (1)] When this unit attacks a vanguard, you may pay the cost. If you do, choose one of your opponent's grade 2 or less rear-guards, and retire it.
[ACT](Hand):[Reveal this card & Choose your grade 2 or greater «Kagerō» vanguard, and [Rest] it] If one of your opponent's rear-guards is put into the drop zone during the main phase of that turn, you may ride this unit as [Stand], and choose your vanguard, and that unit gets [Power]-3000 until end of turn.
[CONT](VC/RC): Lord (If you have a unit without a same clan as this unit, this unit cannot attack)

Jesus Christ, this card...

So basically you can superior ride this card from your hand by turn 2 by Kimnara-ing, and by Late Game, you can snipe boosters and intercepts just by attacking. For only a CB and an SB. You don't even have to hit, just attack. So if you Kimnara'ed, that's 2CB + 1SB.

The question is, should you Break Ride with Dauntless or opt for Superior Ride?
(Nov. 03, 2013  2:02 AM)Rustled Jimmies Wrote: The question is, should you Break Ride with Dauntless or opt for Superior Ride?

Superior ride over Nouvelle.
You mean Nouvelle G2 or Nouvelle G4? Because you can't downgrade a Ride unless you are Still Vampir.

Edit: stupid me. I just realized what you meant. But that will not work if you are Riding Critic. Critic's effect goes off when it is called (Main Phase) or ridden (Ride Phase), similar to that of Berserk Dragon. You cannot superior ride with Berserk or Critic when ridden because Cruel Superior ride can be activated when an RG is retired IN THE MAIN PHASE.
I was actually just making a joke about downgrading. Cruel Dragon's ability text states 'grade 2 or greater' so I was under the impression that riding over Nouvelle G4 was a legal move.
Unless he gets a Dauntless Drive Dragon-style edit (like Galaxy Blaukluger just did), using Cruel Dragon's ability to downgrade from Nouvelle Vague should be a legal move, since it's a superior ride and not a normal ride.

I guess how you use Cruel Dragon depends more on the situation at hand. While break riding him over Dauntless essentially guarantees two retires, getting access to twin drive a turn early seems a little too tempting to me. And gods help your opponent if you just rode Striken that turn...
For the record, you CANNOT downgrade Ride under any circumstance. It isn't because it's a superior ride, but it is because it is a Ride in general. Thus, Cruel's effect exclusively sits for G2s because it is a Grade higher and G3s because it is an equal Grade.

And if you can downgrade from Vague to Cruel, why WOULD you when Vague is a constant 13k with Silent Tom and Damage Trigger-negation effects?
Apparently, you can though. According to the Q&A section of the official Vanguard Playbook Ver. 2.0:

Q02: If the vanguard is grade 2, can I ride a grade 1 unit?
No, you cannot. You cannot normal ride a unit that is a grade lower than your current vanguard. You can though, superior ride a unit with a lower grade by an ability.

And since Cruel Dragon's ability refers to you having a grade 2 or greater vanguard, you can use his ability via cards like Gattling Claw, Kimnara and rearguard Berserks to downgrade yourself from Nouvelle Vague's grade 4.

I'm not saying it's a particularly smart move to do so, it's just that you could if for some reason you really, really wanted to.
Oh, really? I never really read the QnA in the rule books because they tend to be obvious things. I'm gonna have to check to clarify.

Edit: Yup. It's even in the 1.0 Rulebook. Albeit the wording is different.

[Q2] When my vanguard is grade 2, can I ride a grade 1 unit?
No, you cannot. You cannot ride a unit that is a grade lower than your current vanguard. But, you can ride a lower grade unit, if it is by an effect (superior ride).

Edit 2, 6:24pm EDT:
http://cardfight.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Dancer,_Maria

Abridged Integra Hellsing: "...I don't get this...I don't get it."

Seriously, why does KG need another PG when we JUST got Rinocross? Same thing with NG's Dunkleheit...
dunno but if I can im gonna swap my barris for a set of her
Just wait for the extended rulings for the particular card. There usually will be a final ruling for it.
Besides, would you want to lose the defensive advantage in favour of 1 retirement at LB4?

Though riding over Dauntless is definitely a better idea than over the G4. I wouldnt want to lose the static Silent Tom effect and null trigger effect...

Anyway, it seems that Galaxy Blau's skill has been changed. Doesnt have the first Blau to hit condition anymore.

@Rustled Jimmies
Probably because of Quintet wall.
Dauntless Dominate Dragon, Reverse

According to the anime
LB4 [ACT, Lock 1 Kagero, CB1] This unit gets "[AUTO] When this unit Drives check a Grade 1 or higher Kagero, retire one of your opponent's Grade 1 or less RG, and this unit gets +3000 until the end of turn." until the end of turn.
(Nov. 10, 2013  7:00 AM)Rustled Jimmies Wrote: Dauntless Dominate Dragon, Reverse

According to the anime
LB4 [ACT, Lock 1 Kagero, CB1] This unit gets "[AUTO] When this unit Drives check a Grade 1 or higher Kagero, retire one of your opponent's Grade 1 or less RG, and this unit gets +3000 until the end of turn." until the end of turn.

i like this card, gives every card you check like a trigger for a decent cost. also to add to it because its a reverse unit its also a crossride, giving the first 3k boosts a good boost against most vanguards. plus its only one lock so it's not likely to be hindered by link joker.
The power levels DDD"R" can achieve if boosted by Barh is outrageous. You can only no pass him during drive checks.
If you are 10k base that is
Can you imagine though?

Cross break ride over Dauntless Drive.

Lock 1, CB1. Attack and, if possible, retire (remember Gas do not affect the effect). If it doesn't hit, discard 3 and rest and. Then repeat. You are literally guaranteed a boost upon drive checks and would force your opponent to guard for stage 3 immediately from the get go.

What would you lock though? Lock the vanguard booster to guarantee Dauntless Drive's effect?
http://cardfight.wikia.com/wiki/Extra_Bo...the_Cosmos

http://cardfight.wikia.com/wiki/Extra_Bo...rogression

The card sets are complete. Blau has a 10k vanil, and Kagero's new unknown editions include /Dragon Knight, Neshart/, /Beikin Grim Dragon/, /Demonic Dragon Mage, Kongara/.

Unfortunately for Kagero players, Kimnara didn't get reprinted; wow, friggin' deja vu.
The new Blau negate actually has an SP print... wow.
New Murakumo Reverse unit:

Covert Demonic Dragon, Hyakki Vogue "Reverse"
[ACT](VC) Limit Break 4 (This ability is active if you have four or more damage):[Choose two of your «Murakumo» rear-guards, and lock them] All of your units named "Covert Demonic Dragon, Hyakki Vogue "Reverse"" get [Power]+10000 until end of turn. This ability cannot be used for the rest of that turn. (Locked cards are turned face down, and cannot do anything. Turn them face up at the end of its owner's turn)
[ACT](VC):[Counter Blast (2)] Search your deck for up to one card named "Covert Demonic Dragon, Hyakki Vogue "Reverse"", call it to (RC), shuffle your deck, and at the end of that turn, put the unit called with this effect into your hand. This ability cannot be used for the rest of that turn.
[CONT](VC/RC): Lord (If you have a unit without a same clan as this unit, this unit cannot attack)

This is speculation put into "official text". Hyakki Vogue is one of the anime BT14 cards whose SAMPLE hasn't been revealed yet. Next episode is the next non-main character set, Neo Nectar. Guess who plays it.

Hint: NAOKI'S REVENGE MATCH!
Is that limit break overpowered? Or is that just me?
I'll guess the secretary chick uses Neo Nectar. Good to see it's getting some extra support.
(Nov. 18, 2013  12:20 AM)Ultramarine Wrote: Is that limit break overpowered? Or is that just me?

well think of it this way, if you have 3 of it on the field that ability makes 2 21k rear guards and one super vanguard depending on the booster but a minimum of 21 without boost and cross ride. its a fair enough card to me, maybe even more fair if they threw in a counterblast but to me it's just a break ridden royal garmore without crit with 2 palamedes. now with a break ride that's another story.
It uses 2CB to Superior Call a Hyakki Vogue from the deck. Combined with Oboro Cart right after, which does the same thing but CB1, it's a total of 3CB, then Lock 2 for LB to get 3 3-stage hitters. Both Hyakki Vogues either return to the hand or deck. Normally, you only have one chance to do this.

But if you were to call the Hyakki Vogue that returned to the hand, you'd save on 2 CB and only need to use a second Oboro Cart for 1CB to call the third Hyakki Vogue.
Hasn't been mentioned here yet, so I might as well.

Booster Set 15 has been revealed to be called "Infinite Rebirth", which is funny since we just replaced the opening of that exact same name. Dr. O was nice enough to reveal it on his Twitter earlier today. It will contain support for Link Joker, Gold Paladin, Shadow Paladin, Kagerō, Aqua Force, Megacolony and Pale Moon, and will be released in Japan on February 28th, 2014.

Aichi's new jacket, no longer purple (y)