Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread

Poll: Do you want it to be coverted to a TCG (english)

I dont care
13.33%
This looks nice
46.67%
HEK YEAH!
40.00%
Total: 100% 15 vote(s)
Well for most Aqua Force decks I've seen, Brave Shooter works. I also heard Bubble Edge Dracokid was useable.
Sorry, I forgot to put that before I left because I was rushing.

Bubble Edge Dracokid makes use of 4ths better than Erikk. Rather than pay 1 CB and - into soul for a chance of NOT getting a G3, you - into the soul to give a unit an effect to draw 1 in a fourth battle. You should use cards that make use of fourths than just depend on Maelstrom. For example, G2 unit Tear Knight, Valeria retires a unit if it's attack hits on the fourth battle. Valeria pressures the opponent to guard, making him or her minus by guarding or minus by getting a unit retired. Bubble Edge then grants you a plus by allowing you to draw if Valeria attacks. It Is only an example.

When I get back, I'll tell you about your G3s.
I just got a Narukami deck (Resonance of Thunder Dragon) today and started playing the game with a friend who has also just began playing. He's running a Dimension Police deck. I was wondering if you guys had any tips for a beginners, Dimension Police and Narukami decks?

Also, how can you tell the rarity of a card?
I'm assuming TCG correct? Regular Narukami isn't the best so if you want to stick with Narukami go with Eradicators. We posted some grade 3 lineups for D-Police near the top of this page that work pretty well. Also Narukami is getting some support in Set 14 which is coming out in a few weeks so buying some packs or a box of that set could help. You can pull Narukami stuff to keep and sell the rest of the cards for money and get what you need. Or buy the cards separately and just get the cards you'll need. Also starter decks don't include key materials such as Perfect guards and most don't come with a good starter. Both decks complete aren't terribly expensive so buying cards individually might not be a terrible idea.

Rarity is on the bottom left. C for Common, R for Rare, RR for Double Rare, RRR for Triple Rare and SP for Special Rare. I don't believe Trial deck cards have those on the bottom though.
Thank you. If I decide not to stick with Narukami, what are some other good clans to consider running? Also, when you do a damage check, does the revealed card count as the damage received? Or do you put down the revealed card AND the next card on the top of your deck in the damage zone?
Shadow Paladin, Spike Brothers, Dimension Police, and Kagero are a few good ones. And only your damage check is damage, you don't put another card unless the attacker had multiple criticals.
(Jul. 06, 2014  2:56 AM)H3LLO Wrote: Thank you. If I decide not to stick with Narukami, what are some other good clans to consider running? Also, when you do a damage check, does the revealed card count as the damage received? Or do you put down the revealed card AND the next card on the top of your deck in the damage zone?
When you do a damage check the top card goes face up in the damage zone and that is your damage.

Revengers (Shadow Paladin), Nouvelle Vague (Kagero), and Chaos Breaker (Link Joker). They are all pretty expensive though. Blau's (Nova Grappler) are pretty good to, but I don't remember the prices of the cards. I think they might be a little expensive though. If you wait Minerva comes out in a few weeks and you can make a pretty good Genesis deck with it. Nubatama is cheap, but its decent.
Thanks both of you. I wish Vanguard booster packs gave more than 5 cards, oh well
(Jul. 06, 2014  3:10 AM)H3LLO Wrote: Thanks both of you. I wish Vanguard booster packs gave more than 5 cards, oh well
No problem!

Also the cards are really good quality so that makes up for there being 5 cards IMO. Plus I like the foil patterns on a lot of the cards.
Best G3s for Eradicators are Dragonic Descendant and Vowing Sword Dragon for a top tier deck. BT14's Ignition Dragon is a minor upgrade, but an upgrade none the less. We are currently testing Ignition Dragon with Sweep Commander Dragon, and it's just absolute wtf-worthy.

For top tier clans that are affordable, that would be Dragonic Descendant Narukami Eradicators, Bad End Dragger Spike Brothers, and Crazy Diamond and Daiyusha Reverse Dimension Police.
Thanks! You guys have been a big help
IF you can, go to TCGPlayer to get your cards. The reason why EDD Narukami, BED Spike Brothers, and Crazy Diamond (Daikaiser)/Daiyusha Reverse are the cheapest, despite being Tier 1) is because each deck is at least under $200, if not under $150.

Dragonic Descendant is currently $9 a piece, despite being one of the top contenders. Bad End Dragger and Juggernaut Maximum are actually around $4 a piece right now, but Dudley Emperor is currently around $11 a piece (which is surprising because it used to be $20). Daikaiser is around $11, with "Reverse" Daiyusha at $6. Notice how these main cards are currently below 10, save Dudley Emperor and Daikaiser.

On PGs, Eradicator Guld is the highest at $14 a piece, which is around standard. However, SB's /Cheer Girl, Marilyn/ and /Dimensional Robo, Daishield/ sit at $3 and $9 a piece respectively. So if you need Perfect Guards, you shouldn't worry about the pricing so much. Finally, Crazy Diamond's (Daikaiser) supporting but essential force, the Rank 1 Ride Chain of Enigman, are a total of less than $5 to get the entire set (1 G0, 4 G1, 1 G2, 1 G3).

For decks such as Dimension Police's Dimensional Robos and Narukami's Eradicators, what you'd need is one Trial Deck from each, then focus on the deck-specific pieces that are less than 2. For DP, that would be Daidragon (reprint, so price is cheaper), Daikaiser (x3), and regular Daiyusha (x2, deck comes with 2). For NK, it'd be Spark Rain Dragon (x3) and Vowing Sword Dragon (x3, unless you want to wait for BT14's superiorly better Ignition Dragon).
I'll probably just buy booster packs and separate cards right now from my local card shop. I don't want to spend that much money since I just got into the game. Thanks for all of that info though, now I know what cards to look for.

I want to go to the next tournament at my card shop but I know I'll get whipped lol, at least it'll be good experience
Let me tell you, I'm 23. I've been playing card games, starting with Yu-Gi-Oh!, since I was in 5th Grade. If I had known about buying singles when I was way way younger, I'd probably have saved more money than I had realized.

Let me warn you right now, playing TCGs and buying packs is an investment. You will get lots of cards you don't really need, and you'll spend hundreds of dollars on packs (equal to at least 2 boxes, I gather) just to get the cards you need for a deck. ANd even if you can trade for those cards with these RRs (Double Rares) or RRRs (Triple Rares) or SPs (Special Parallels) that you may pull, can those cards bring you profit from a single to the number of packs you bought? For example, I spent $20 on 8 packs of one set, and I pulled at least $15 worth of cards. At the time, at least, before deflation. So I made -$5 profit, but what I got was a rather useful card, a "Perfect Guard." It may not serve me in playing, but it's useful for trading.

But don't forget that as time goes on and more sets come out, there will be price deflation, where cards that once were worth so much are now so little due to viable replacements (Dark Shield, Mac Lir < Dark Revenger, Mac Lir) or reprints (Cheer Girl, Marilyn: BT02 -> BT10). If you invest in buying packs, know the worth of your pulls and your target cards to make an equal trade (some people will try to gyp you with their own perception of a card's price, which is why we have sites like TCGPlayer that keeps up with the card's worth, as well as smartphone/tablet apps such as Vanguard Prices, which is currently available in the Apple App Store). You may be able to save money through trading, but buying singles saves you the time of building your deck.

That's just my personal tip. I've actually completed three Kagero builds this way, though now I'm maining one of them.
I can't wait for Legion to come out in TCG. Can't wait to use something besides Eradicators and Dimensional Robos. I could try to build something now, but I don't know considering BT15 and Legion are right around the corner so I think I'll just wait for Legion and then spend money on one of those decks.

Also am I one of the few people that think Tempest Bolt is garbage? There are more people at my locals who think it is amazing than think it is bad. I just don't like any card with CB3 especially in a deck like Eradicators where you already do some counter lasts any way.

I'm also debating whether to pick up some Ignitions or not. IMO I think the best G3 line up for Eradicators is 4 Descendant 3-4 Gauntlet.
Thunder, you're not the only one. In fact, we at V-Mundi are pretty sure Tempest Bolt is, without a doubt, Armor Break-worthy garbage. But they think, "Oh, a full-field nuke is so good because they can't recover from it!" Yeah, what about you? Retire your entire attacking force, and what will you replace it with? Throw down your entire hand, and what are you left with. You can't survive if you can't guard, you're only killing yourself.

We are currently testing two type of BT14 Eradicator decks. One is Ignition x Dragonic Descendant, which is just an upgrade from standard Dragonic Descendant preceded by Vowing Sword Dragon. Lorentz Force and Ouei help out quite a bit. Though it's being tested to switch between either Lorentz Force, Ouei, Shuki, and Hakusho. The latter two are retire-boosters, who gain boosts per retire. So yeah, if you Break Ride Ignition Dragon and have Shuki or Hakusho, you can actually get +6k. Meaning that if you can manage your Retires, Shuki can boost 13k (3 stages) per turn, and Hakusho can attack 15k per turn.

Another deck we're testing is, which is quite fun from what I've read, Ignition x Sweep Command Dragon. At first, we deduced that using Sweep Command with the 2013 FIghter's Collection Break Ride unit (which may or may not ever come out...) Electric Shaper can generate a field nuke (opponent's of course) with little cost. Ignition and Sweep, in combination with Lorentz Force and Ouei can do just that. CB1 to break ride over Ignition with Sweep Command. First, Ignition's effect goes first; opponent choose two units to retire. If you have Shuki, he gains +6k. Next, Lorentz Force goes off because Sweep Command (G3) is placed on the Vanguard Circle, so that's CB1 for retire 1, and Shuki get's another 3k (total 9k). Next, CB2 and SB2 to activate Sweep Command's effect; draw 1 and retire a front row RG, so that's 4, and Shuki gets another +3k. Assuming your opponent has at most 4 RGs, if not a full field, you just generated a field nuke for CB4 and SB2. If you need a full field nuke, have Ouei there (make sure you activate him first so you can snipe the other front RG alongside Sweep Command. Shuki now gets +12k and can now boost for 19k off this.
Actually now thinking of it all the people who said it was good dont normally top while the people who said it is bad (my self included) normally top.

Thanks for all the information I might have to try some of those builds soon.

I hope TCG gets a Glendios promo like OCG did otherwise its gonna be hard to make that deck seeing as BT15 Glendios will be expensive
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/20...nime-films

Not sure if it has been mentioned. Tongue_out
The guy who acts makes it looks fake lol.
Actually the one part I'm looking forward to about that is the fact they we releasing a Movie Trial deck that's goes along with it with a new ability (Banish Delete I believe). It should be fun to see how that will affect the game.
[Image: tumblr_nb2f28DdOO1qd78sao1_r4_1280.png]

You people actually have no idea how infuriated I am.

YEAH, OKAY. LET'S JUST DO A MASS ****ING RELEASE FOR SEASON 3, BUT LET'S ALSO MAKE SURE THAT DRAGON EMPIRE USERS, IE NARUKAMI USERS, GET THE SHORT END OF THE STICK.
Woah, what the heck!? Why do they think that's a good idea? That'll be chaotic Tongue_out

I'm really excited, because in two weeks is Regionals. I have a question though. I pre-registered, but is there anything additional I have to do, like print out a pass or something?
Wow that's weird. Releasing TD16-17 and EB11-12 before BT16. And no Brawlers is sad for me. I wonder why they are rushing things? I might have to pick a different deck to use until Brawlers come out if they aren't released on November 21st just so I can use Legion.
(Aug. 30, 2014  1:58 PM)Dual Wrote: Woah, what the heck!? Why do they think that's a good idea? That'll be chaotic Tongue_out

I'm really excited, because in two weeks is Regionals. I have a question though. I pre-registered, but is there anything additional I have to do, like print out a pass or something?

If you mean Regional Qualifiers, it's been two years since I've participated, so I don't remember. They should give you instructions for it, though. If not on the site, at least on an e-mail. If not, just go.

(Aug. 30, 2014  2:18 PM)Thunder Dome Wrote: Wow that's weird. Releasing TD16-17 and EB11-12 before BT16. And no Brawlers is sad for me. I wonder why they are rushing things? I might have to pick a different deck to use until Brawlers come out if they aren't released on November 21st just so I can use Legion.

Here's what I think. In Japan, the dominators of tournaments are Seekers and Brawlers, namely Sing Saver Dragon and Big Bang Knuckle Buster. They've also somehow concocted a Sing Saver/Phantom Blaster Abyss combo. I don't know how, but they did. So to cut off what's considered "broken", they delayed TD15 (Brawlers) and BT16, which consists mainly of Royal Paladin Seekers and Narukami Brawlers, as well as support for Neo Nectar Musketeers and the new sub-clan, Dimension Police Metalborgs.

People can monopolize off of the current sub-clan upgrades for Genesis (EB12, Regalia) and Shadow Paladins (EB11, Revengers), but are also given a new form of ****ery. That is the trolling mechanics of Shadow Paladins' Witches (not to be confused with Genesis' Witches). In reality, if you want a Legion deck for "Legionals", you'll be looking at EB11, EB12, TD16 (Gold Paladin Liberators), and TD17 (Link Joker Star-Vaders).
So with Regional Qualifiers coming up, something occurred to me. Let's say I'm using Nubatama and my opponent has locked cards. Can those locked cards be bound?

Also, for a Nubatama deck, is this a decent set-up?

G3
4x Kabukicongo
4x Kujikiricongo

G2
3x Oburaza-whatever the 10K Vanilla is (bloody complicated names, Nubatama has)
4x Kokujyo
4x Tamahagane (maybe switch one of these for a 10K?)

G1

4x Sakurafubuki
3x Dreadmaster
4x Perfect Guard
2x Kodachifubuki

G0
4, 4, 4, 4 Trigger set up (duh)
2x Kuroko

I'm missing a Kubukicongo, so I stuck a Voidmaster in there. Is that passable, or should I really get a Kabukicongo? Also, testing out two Kuroko just in case my starting one gets retired by Kagero cards or something. Sorry for the long post.

Edit: Oh, just realised that opponents self-locked cards unlock at the end of their turn, so my first question isn't really valid.
Locked cards cannot be bound. That is because Locked rearguards mean that the "rearguard circle cannot be touched." You cannot gain powerups from the rearguard, you cannot retire the rearguard to call a new rearguard, and you cannot boost/with the rearguard. Link Joker units can retire lockwd units, though.

Deleted Vanguards though is different. The Vanguard is flipped down like a Locked Rearguard but can still attack. It just loses its attack power and its card text (i dont know if the name counts).