Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread

Poll: Do you want it to be coverted to a TCG (english)

I dont care
13.33%
This looks nice
46.67%
HEK YEAH!
40.00%
Total: 100% 15 vote(s)
Wait, deleted vanguards? What skill does that? I feel like I missed something big, haha.
Ahhhhh that's right I never posted it here. I'll take care of it tonight.
Honestly, I should've been sleeping. But I completely forgot about this.

In the Cardfight Vanguard manga, the antagonist, Ibuki, uses a set of units called "Deletors". No one knew what those were, what with the manga not being translated and all. Before the Link Joker part of Season 3 began, we would see things like a grotesque, alien-like monster and, most importantly, a face-down Vanguard. This didn't pick up until Link Joker began, where everyone started assuming that Deletors "Lock the Vanguard."

As I had just explained, Lock flips your Rearguards facedown. The Rearguard Circle is then left null and void. This means that you cannot remove the Rearguard from the field by placing another Rearguard on top and retiring it. You nor your opponent cannot target it for effects, such as retiring or boosting, nor does your Rearguard count for any unit-boosting effects just by its presence (ie King of Knights, Alfred). Your card is unlocked at the end of your turn. For Reverse users who Lock their own cards for effect, their cards are unlocked at the end of their turn.

So what about Locking the Vanguard? Your Vanguard no longer exists? You cannot attack? You cannot BE attacked? There is a rumor that if the Vanguard was "Locked", you lose the game.

However, with the rise of the movie, Neon Messiah, that theory and rumor has been debunked.

[Image: MBT01-004.png]

Meet Deletors, a subclan of Link Joker along with Star-Vaders. Their purpose? To Delete.

Delete is a Vanguard version to Locking, but the Vanguard still exists. The Vanguard (if Legion Mate, both Vanguards) is flipped face down. It loses all card text except its (their) name and loses all of its Power (brought to 0). It can, however, still attack and be attacked. It still has Drive Check/Twin Drive. It can still be boosted. It can be ridden over. It is flipped back up at the end of the owner's turn.

That is Delete, and the Deletors. Deletors have high costs, however, and thus have a few cards that allow you to unflip Counterblasts.
BIG NEWS! BIG NEWS!!

With BT16's release date for December...16, I think, revealed, it's also important to know what you are getting!

[Image: tumblr_nc4sosZrik1r9t4sfo1_500.jpg]

According to the official product page on Bushiroad's CFV site, BT16 is undergoing a Ver.E, E as in EVOLUTION!! No, I'm kidding. BT16 is going to have an English version of its release. What is an English Version and how is it any different from a standard English release?

Well, if you're like me, being born in the 90s and playing YGO for the first time, you might not have known that their sets before The Lost Millennium (the first GX set) were English only. That is because from Legend of the Blue Eyes White Dragon to Ancient Sanctuary, each set was a frankenstein from different YGO OCG sets. The Lost Millenium from then on had similar card lists, but also added a few new cards. YGO ENglish is pretty much now the same card lists with either English-only cards after the "final card in the set" or promos and specials that haven't been released the Japanese way.

BT16 Ver.E is the same thing. Rather than BTxx/xxxEN, BT16 Ver. E will frankenstein Units from the following sets and incorporate into this:

[url=http://cardfight.wikia.com/wiki/Booster_Set_17:_Blazing_Perdition]BT17: Blazing Perdition

MTD01: Malefic Deletor
MBT01: Neon Messiah

So in addition to cards from BT16, we get these...including TD15 and BT17? Why?

For starters, BT16 is one of the most valuable packs in the game. With Brawlers and Raizers being pretty major, one would want to get what they can. With the inclusion of the above sets, this makes the set even more valuable.

BT16's Clan list includes Royal Paladins, Narukamis, Dimension Police, Neo Nectar, Nova Grapplers, and Spike Brothers. TD15 is a Narukami deck, as well as a Brawler deck, so that gets thrown in there. What can they take from BT17? More Narukami Brawlers, as well as Aqua Force, Link Joker, and Gold Paladin, and probably Royal Paladins. Malefic Deletor, which I explained in my previous post, is a predominantly Link Joker deck, so of course it would be added. and MBT01? Predominantly Gold Paladin, Royal Paladin, and Link Joker. What happened to Kagero? I'll get to that.

So, with this maelstrom of Royals and Golds, Links, Brawlers, and Aquas, this pack is overstuffed! Right? Wrong!

Ver. E also removes Clans from this set. These clans are Nova Grapplers due to their absolutely broken Legion/Buttler Cat combo, Neo Nectar Musketeers for their uselessness, and Dimension Police Metalborgs for a little mix of both. Instead, they will be moved to BT17 Ver. E.

すまり (to summarize, aka tldr), BT16 Ver. E will keep Spike Brothers, but have Gold Paladins, Royal Paladins, Narukamis, Link Jokers, and Aqua Force from the Japanese version of the set, TD15, BT16, MTD01, and MBT01.

BT17 Ver. E will keep its own Kageros (Perdition), Tachikazes (Ancient Dragons), and Granblue, but also inherit BT16's Nova Grapplers (Raizers), Neo Nectar (Musketeers), and Dimension Police (Metalborgs), as well as MBT01's Kageros (also Perdition). Basically, the leftovers.

Do not forget that November has a huge release list as well!
I wish they didn't take out Nova's. I mean that is a deck a lot of people were looking forward to, I mean it is pretty good but I think I've seen Sing Saver Abyss top more lately than that. I honestly think as many people care about the set change for Metalborgs and Musketeers. And of course they can't just do a Brawler trial deck but put the cards in the set which I dislike as a Narukami fan (even though Brawlers are garbage IMO). At least Liberators get some decent support. Well I can't wait for all the November Releases, I hope the months fly by fast. Also it will be interesting to see how the new BT16 affects the meta as decks used.
Japanese BT16 has about 102 cards + 12 SP cards and 2 Legion Rare cards. English BT16 has literally 144 cards + 14 SP cards + 6 LR cards. The LRs are probably Sing Saver Dragon, Blaster Blade Seeker, Prominence Core, Aglovale (BT17 LR only, can get an alternate one in TD16 since Art doesn't have to match), Alfred XIV, and Blaster Joker. MAYBE Photon, since they only said 6 LR and MBT01 only has 1 repeating LR out of the 6 that it has.

BUt yeah, TD15 is only 17 cards. MTD01 is also only 17 cards. They can spare the extra 50 from MBT01, since a standard set is about 100+ cards.

However, if you just add the Royal Paladins, Narukamis, Gold Paladins, Spike Brothers, Aqua Force, and Link Jokers from BT16 and BT17, you end up with about 103 cards, which is one set. However, you still need to add the Royal Paladins, the Gold Paladins, and the Link Jokers from MBT01, which makes a total of 139, which is just 5 off the suggested Ver.E set. So to make room for the 34 cards from both MTD01 (which is a must) and TD15 (which is unnecessary tbh...), about 29 cards in total is omitted. That 29 might be from BT17, which is said to get the leftovers. Probably the Royal Paladins from BT17, since they are only 7 cards. Narukami is a slight possibility, but probably not.
Cardfight!! Vanguard is coming to an end. The stories of Aichi and his are now over.

SO LET'S START A NEW STORY!!

Following BT17 and MBT01 (for us, it'll be BT16 Ver. E and BT17 Ver. E), Cardfight Vanguard enters a new generation! And with a new Generation comes a new title!

[Image: tumblr_ncwhfanLdU1rvhrn0o1_1280.png]
(If you can't read this, shame on you because it's friggin' obvious.)

Cardfight!! Vanguard G follows the story 3 years after Link Joker is defeated, both Star-Vaders and Deletors (movie), following three new main characters:
[Image: tumblr_ncwl9fbyyu1qgoam1o1_500.jpg]
Also, characters are returning, all grown up.

But that's not the part that interests you, is it? THIS IS!!

[Image: tumblr_ncwl4kwqhF1s4256yo1_1280.png]
Two new Vanguard Trial Decks! Starting from here on, there will be a new clan called "Gear Chronicle". The trial decks you see here are VG-G-TD01, Awakening of the Interdimensional Dragon, and VG-G-TD02, Divine Swordsman of the Shiny Star. These are Gear Chronicle and Royal Paladin decks, respectively.

After that, we'll have 4 more Trial Decks! Neo-Nectar (rejoice, NN players), Aqua Force, Link Joker, and Shadow Paladins.

Trial Decks from here on include 2 copies of the main card, 4 RRRs as opposed to 2, and...wait for it...2 PERFECT GUARDS. That's right, you can now get Perfect Guards in a Trial Deck! Un-friggin'-believeable!

[Image: tumblr_nd09h35OXv1r8wjbno1_500.jpg]
Clans Included: Gear Chronicle, Royal Paladin, Kagero, Nova Grappler, Oracle Think Tank

Also, this series will be using a new mechanic you've probably heard of by now. That's right, the Harmonics Messiah card finally has its effect explained!

Introducing G-Units and Stride!

[Image: 10462671_744065502325370_443146189012144...e=54BF9C90]
This one says you can have 8 G units in your "Generation Zone". Once per turn, you can put a unit from the Generation Zone to the vanguard circle, that's "Stride". And the old vanguard becomes the "Heart". The G unit gets the power and the name of its heart. And also gets 3 drive checks, "Triple Drive".

[Image: 10462671_744065502325370_443146189012144...e=54BF9C90]
Step 1: Ride a grade 3 vanguard!!
Ride up from grade 0 to grade 3. During the timing after the ride until you call, you can stride.

Step 2: Discard cards from your hand with a total grade of 3 or more!!
If you and your opponent both have grade 3 or more vanguards, you can activate stride!! By discarding cards with total grade of 3 from your hand.

[Image: 1011084_744065535658700_5137279178084004...4792cd1d14]
Once per turn, choose an arbitrary face-down G unit and stride.
At the end of the turn, it returns to the Generation Zone face-up.

[Image: 10678634_744065512325369_441334035517548...fea2552dcc]
Q. What is "Stride" skill?
A. "Stride" is a skill that gets a G unit in the Generation Zone to become a vanguard. The original vanguard becomes the "Heart" under the G unit, then the G unit and the heart's powers are combined. Other than that, it gives 3 drive checks when attack.

Q. How long does stride last?
A. Stride lasts until the end of the owner's turn.

Q. When striding over a vanguard with break ride skill, does the skill activate?
A. No, stride and ride are different, so the skill won't go off.

Q. What happens when striding over a legioned vanguard?
A. Both vanguards become hearts. At the time of striding, choose only one of the hearts to get the name and power. At the end of the turn when the G unit returns, both hearts return as a legioned vanguard.

Q. What happens when striding over a deleted vanguard?
A. The vanguard is now face-up and becomes the heart, the G unit gets the name and the power from the heart normally.

Taken from V-Mundi forums
---

And that's all we have today!

Edit: Okay, so I can't seem to get the pictures to load so I'll fix that some other time.
I'm really excited for this new series of Vanguard. I knew sooner or later they would be making a change to the character line up like this. Also the way they've changed starter deck make them a lot better for competitive purchases and for beginner purchases (Nice Job Bushiroad). To bad it will be awhile before we get this new series in English, I guess we have Legion to look forward to.
Legion isn't really somethig I'm looking forward too, haha.

Not gonna make early judgements, but this whole stride and g-whatever seems like it'll make the game too complex. The magic of vanguard was it was easy to learn, but difficult to master. Right after introducing legion they throw something else in our face.

Don't get me wrong, it's amazing that Vanguard is still going strong, it just seems like they could have gone about it better. I'll just wait and see, though.
I was expecting the Legion arc to last longer. I was hoping for bushiroad to explore more into the legion concept.

Now that G arc is about to be released, im hoping en can catch up to jpn releases..
So yea Ill be running my Tetra deck at the Nekocon tourney next saturday. I have been practicing against my friends kagero and gp deck every day this and last week. But i need a break to go to the maid cafe with my friends...
[Image: G-BT01-006-RRR_%28Sample%29.jpg]
Dragonic Overlord, The "X"
[ACT](VC): Legion 22000 "Dragonic Overlord the End" (If your opponent's vanguard is grade 3 or greater, this unit may return four cards from your drop zone into your deck once, search your deck for the specified card, and Legion)
[AUTO](VC):When this unit Legion, search your deck for up to one card with the same name as a unit in your (VC), reveal it to your opponent, put it into your hand, and shuffle your deck.
[AUTO](VC):[Counter Blast (1) & Choose a card named "Dragonic Overlord "The X"" from your hand, and discard it] At the end of the battle that this unit attacked, if the attack did not hit during that battle, you may pay the cost. If you do, choose up to two of your opponent's rear-guards, and retire them.

Well, I WAS gonna get Perdition Imperial Dragon, Dragonic Overlord "The Great", but I have The Ends already.

By the by, The Ends are currently <$20 on the market right now if you're interested.
Anyone go to the EB11 and EB12 Booster Drafts? My store sadly didn't have the kit for it which was kinda a let down, but that wasn't the first time my store didn't get the kit so I wasn't surprised.

I'm prepared to play a bunch of Phantom Blaster Abyss decks at locals within the next couple weeks. A lot of people at my store have Revegers and I think all are going to Phantom Blaster Abyss. I just can't wait for BT16 since I've already decided I'm building the Spike Bros Legion Deck.

Finally I bought an Omega Glendios deck, can't wait to try it out at locals next week.
Hey, question, does anyone have Dragonic Burnouts?
Can't believe we are already getting the G-Trial Decks this month. I personally don't mind all these releases coming out fast.

Currently running Cat Butler Raizers and love it. Deciding what deck to build next currently. Maybe Gear Chronicle? I'll have to check some prices when everything comes out.
I've made a mix Raizers deck, and once it's completed it'll hopefulky be competetive. Question about Cat Butlers. Do they stand the whole legion or just the grade 2?
They stand the whole legion. If it was just the grade 2 it wouldn't be as strong of a deck.
That's what I thought, but I wasn't sure. I gotta get me some Cat Butlers then.
Currently working on 4 Kagero decks. An up-to-date Seal Dragons deck, with LB enabler, a Dauntless deck, with LB enabler and possibly Stride, a Perdition deck (gonna be current until G-BT01 comes out), and The X (which is why I was asking for Dragonic Burnouts).

But I'm considering working on Gear Chronicle and Narukami Brawlers.
Im waiting for the release of the thing that is gonna make me play cfv again. (Aqf stride yay) but i havent played in a while but i got 2 ppl in my school into cfv and they play every day XD. I think its too late for me to get my last 3 yggdrasils...
I actually had a pretty good Booster Draft on Sunday. Bought 12 packs total and pulled Root Flare (which sold so quickly) and Victoppasma (thankfully need for my Novas) and I got the super cool playmat. Also got the G1 drop for stride and Masuraoraizer. And Miracle Element Atmos. Just bought majority of the stuff I needed to upgrade my Raizers. Just didn't get around to ordering the new PG's yet but hopefully I can later in the week.

Good luck to anyone trying to build the X or Tsyukiyomi Stride at this point, if you don't have the cards your wallet will be dead trying to get them. DOTE's are 40 and Burnouts are like 20 and some of the older staples. Top that off with 40 dollar X and Root Flare being 20-30. Also when did Silent Tom become a 30 dollar card? And the same for the G2 Tsukiyomi? OTT is way over priced right now IMO. We'll stride meta should be pretty fun, my locals will be full of RP Stride and Kagero Stride.
It has been about two or so weeks since that post. The X is about 20 or so, almost 18, and Root Flare is about 12 or 13.

Silent Tom is about $20 at the moment. Tsukuyomi G3 is about $25-30, G2 being at 30. Takemikazuchi at $9 (I have one btw if anyone needs one).
Well Shadow Paladins are coming in a few weeks, not really excited to be playing against a lot of Shadow's but what can you do. The meta may have a few decks thrown in there now because of Fighter's Collection 2015 coming out, but I doubt that will make a drastic impact. Messiah's might be interesting to mess around with, Link Joker in general shouldn't be to bad with all the Shadow's running around.

I'm glad GBT03 wasn't that good of a set honestly. The last few sets have been really good boss and even some support wise so I'm kinda glad this set won't be game breaking. Kagero didn't really get much, Murakumo is still garbage, Gold's got bad strides and probably still wont do much, Dark Iregulars got a cool boss but it doesn't change the deck itself is still pretty bad, Link Joker got a nice boost with the Strides and Shadow's got some more good stuff.

The new Bermuda's are quite interesting with "Harmony" and I personally am excited to see how the deck will perform in event.

Finally if you haven't seen it Phantom Blaster Abyss has spiked up in price to around 45-50$ and Phantom Blaster Overlord went to around 20$. Shadow hype is real, good luck building Revengers if your already haven't picked them up.
I'm just happy that most of the Great Nature stuff is still reasonably priced, so I can finally make an IRL deck ;_;
Gotta say, disappointed in how a lot of these Strides being released really ruin the consistency of a any deck running Legion. You pretty much have to run the "Break Strides" (you know, the G3's where you get sick skillz from striding) with their searchers/stride fodder because of how cost efficient they are, and you'll ideally be RIDING those G3's, so this creates the problem with running some Legions as your backup G3, since a lot of the better Legions have Mates that have skills that only activate upon Legion or while you have a VG in Legion.
Heh heh good thing Great Nature has Tusk Master and Guru Tiger heh heh
(Jun. 03, 2015  9:05 PM)Thunder Dome Wrote: Well Shadow Paladins are coming in a few weeks, not really excited to be playing against a lot of Shadow's but what can you do. The meta may have a few decks thrown in there now because of Fighter's Collection 2015 coming out, but I doubt that will make a drastic impact. Messiah's might be interesting to mess around with, Link Joker in general shouldn't be to bad with all the Shadow's running around.

I'm glad GBT03 wasn't that good of a set honestly. The last few sets have been really good boss and even some support wise so I'm kinda glad this set won't be game breaking. Kagero didn't really get much, Murakumo is still garbage, Gold's got bad strides and probably still wont do much, Dark Iregulars got a cool boss but it doesn't change the deck itself is still pretty bad, Link Joker got a nice boost with the Strides and Shadow's got some more good stuff.

The new Bermuda's are quite interesting with "Harmony" and I personally am excited to see how the deck will perform in event.

Finally if you haven't seen it Phantom Blaster Abyss has spiked up in price to around 45-50$ and Phantom Blaster Overlord went to around 20$. Shadow hype is real, good luck building Revengers if your already haven't picked them up.

Seriously, it's so bad. Just because of PBD's "Break Ride" rerelease, all of a sudden ALL Shadow Paladin becomes the biggest thing. Actually, Shadow Paladin has always been so expensive, it just "hit a new low" in a manner of speaking.

----

Still working on a The X deck. I've almost obtained one, but I jsut found a better deal and I cannot opt of my current deal. I'm kicking myself because this is $20 more with $30 less cards in the deck...