Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread

Poll: Do you want it to be coverted to a TCG (english)

I dont care
13.33%
This looks nice
46.67%
HEK YEAH!
40.00%
Total: 100% 15 vote(s)
(Jun. 14, 2014  3:12 AM)TheWhiteTiger Wrote:
(Jun. 14, 2014  3:01 AM)Rustled Jimmies Wrote: Is this a budget issue? Why no PG's (aka Cable Sheep)?

Oh yeah, my friend has some budget issues and won't be willing to spend for the PG's. I don't think I cut anything else out another than taht for budget reasons.
Tbh if he can't pay for 4 PG's at least get 2. The deck is incredibly cheap so PG's wouldn't make it out of his price range. The deck isn't going to be that expensive so at least 2 PG's wouldn't make it much more. Although I guess it is up to him if he wants to have a deck with no PG's in the meta right now (which is a pretty bad choice), but it seems like he would be able to throw in a little extra.

I've known how good legion (the skills and guranteed 20k attack with VG) is for a while, but I finally played one. It was Neo Nectar the hand and the field made it extremely tough to play against with all that guard and the fact that I was using my current Erad deck (English so no Ignition or Tempest). I did okay against it and we tied at one game each and then we didn't do another game.
(Jun. 14, 2014  2:17 AM)TheWhiteTiger Wrote: Just played Adam in Cardfight with an uncompleted Link Joker deck. To be fair I did draw lots of triggers and he drew next to none, haha. I ended up going 2/3 against his Eradicators and 1/2 against his D. Robo's. I was wondering if it would be too bad to only run 2 perfects in Link Joker, becuase that's all I can afford.

And I'd like people's opinons on a Great Nature deck I've been working on for my friend:

Dont forget Calculator Hippo in honor of Hitsugiya
(Jun. 14, 2014  2:17 AM)TheWhiteTiger Wrote: Just played Adam in Cardfight with an uncompleted Link Joker deck. To be fair I did draw lots of triggers and he drew next to none, haha. I ended up going 2/3 against his Eradicators and 1/2 against his D. Robo's. I was wondering if it would be too bad to only run 2 perfects in Link Joker, becuase that's all I can afford.

And I'd like people's opinons on a Great Nature deck I've been working on for my friend:

Well, obviously add cable sheep, but the g1 hammsuke is also a good one to run. Also make the draws into stands. So 8 crit, 4 heal, and 4 stand should be good
Hope y'all ain't salty 'bout my dragons unlike the rest of the fandom. But that might just be me, as a Dragon Empire player.

[Image: tumblr_n7t4mdFpc91rd2jedo1_500.png]

Brawler, Big Bang Slash Buster
[AUTO](RC):When this unit attacks, if you have a vanguard with “Big Bang Knuckle” in its card name, this unit gets [Power]+2000 until end of that battle.
[AUTO](RC):When your vanguard with “Big Bang Knuckle” in its card name’s attack hits, this unit gets [Power]+3000 until end of turn.

Brawler, Big Bang Knuckle Buster
[ACT](VC): Legion 20000 “Brawler, Big Bang Slash Buster” (If your opponent has a grade 3 or greater vanguard, only once, this unit may return four cards from your drop zone to your deck, and search your deck for the specified card, and perform Legion.)
[ACT](VC):[Counter Blast (1) & Choose one card with “Big Bang Knuckle” in its card name from your hand, and put it into your soul] If this unit is in Legion, until end of turn, this unit gets [Power]+5000 and “[CONT](VC):If this unit would attack a unit, choose four of your opponent’s units, this unit battles every chosen units in one attack.”.
[CONT](VC):If you have a card named “Brawler, Big Bang Knuckle Dragon” in your soul, this unit gets [Power]+2000.

So we are confirmed to have Legion CrossRides. IF you watched the previous (Japanese) episode of Vanguard (not last Saturday's, the day before that), Leon also revealed a new unit for Aqua Force called Blue Storm Wave Dragon, Tetra-Burst Dragon, which sounds like it could be the Crossride of Blue Wave Dragon, Tetra-Drive Dragon. So BT17 will reveal a Legion Crossride (fortunately, no boost for the mate in the soul), and the Crossride for a Limit Break unit. With Legion having skills that do not need to be in late game, while Tetra-Drive Dragon still have some use now?
Yeah I saw this when I was catching back up on the reveals, I hadn't really been paying attention to CFV for the past month.
Vermillion was already rolling in his grave with Big Bang Knuckle Dragon, but Knuckle Buster took Vermillion out of its grave and started pummeling it. Only a CB1 (not even an Especial Counterblast like Knuckle Dragon) and it's a Persona to the soul, so if you missed the Crossride you can get it anyways LOL.
Although I think that having to devote around 6 Grade 2 spots for their Mates (something like 3 Slash Buster and 3 Slash Dragon) will hurt the deck IMO.
The key difference between Big Bang Knuckle Dragon and Vermillion is the timing.

Limit Breaks are mainly in Late Game, where you have to be at 4 DMG with a potential of being Critted to death. Legion can be activated at anytime; Early Game, Mid Game, or even Late Game for pressure factor. Since all you need is to return 4 cards in the Drop Zone to your deck, getting heavily damaged is no longer an issue.

Best part about Knuckle Buster is that you can CHOOSE the RGs to attack as opposed to attacking the front row. So imagine taking out their entire back row. You don't even need to Crossride to just mess up the opponent. Imagine the minuses they will incur just to replace those boosters. Their attacks can't do jack anymore (maybe retire an attacker, but come on).

Knuckle Buster is important. May or may not the Legion equivilent to Dragonic Descendant for Tier 1 Narukami.
Your opponent also has to be at grade 3.
Cray Online why you no update :[

Really want to test out these new cards from BT16 and the new Extra Boosters (ESPECIALLY MUH NEW SUPER MEGA AWESOMESAUCE SPIKE BROTHERS) but Cray Online hasn't updated for a month and a half...
(Jun. 29, 2014  8:39 AM)Du@l Wrote: Your opponent also has to be at grade 3.

That's by Turn 3. If you get yourself at 4 damage by Turn 3, you are a moron. By 2 or 3 damage, you can hold out by Turn 3, which by then you can Legion.

That is, if you have the appropriate G3 in hand.
What are the distinctions of early, middle, and late game again? I thought mid game begn at grade 3.
According to us, which I don't know has been adopted to the main community, Early Game is less than 2 damage. Midgame is 3 damage (literal mid game). By midgame, you should start guarding, but not as religiously. Late game is 4 to 5 damage, with end game being the game finisher (or "Final Turn"). Late game early on is not exactly good because you can get screwed over by a Crit trigger check rather easily, with double crits being a little rarer at midgame. During the pre-Legion meta, Late Game is what activates Limit Breaks, especially with Break Rides, but it's not wise to let it linger there right away by turn 3 just because, "Oh, I'm gonna Limit Break".

Devastating effects that do not require Late Game to be used, such as Midgame abuser Dragonic Overlord The End, puts more pressure on the opponent, making them mess up more when debilitated enough. Knuckle Buster, with only a CB1 and discard 1 cost, can be activated Early Game to alleviate pressure or late game to put on more pressure.
That's what I thought, my memory was just a bit foggy.
Does anybody know how to make the Great Silver Wolf, Garmore trial deck better? I just got the deck but feel it needs better cards.
I am going to miss the days of people thinking Limit Break was important enough to not guard till 4 damage.
RIP in Pieces
Except for you Nouvelle and Glendios, you're still OP enough to stick around in the Legion era...for now.
I fought Nouvelle two days back with an incomplete Numbatama. It was only missing a few cards, but anyway, I got wrecked. I was unsure of Nouvelle's release date, and had been out of the loop for awhile, so when I saw the player was using Kagero instead of his normal Shadow Paladin, my hopes rose a bit. First damage, Vague. Welp, forget that. I was demolished, and the worst part was I pulled a sixth damage heal trigger both times. Can't say I'm a fan of Vague.
Sorry to double post, but I recently began building Dimension Police (my fifth deck Tongue_out) and while the deck still has tons of fillers, I'm wondering what my grade 3 set up should be. As of now, here are all the grade 3 cards I have:
2x Super Dimensional Robo Daiyusha
1x Reverse Daiyusha
1x Daikaiser
1x Original Saver Zero
(And those CB2 +4000 to Vanguard dudes, but I don't want to use them, for obvious reasons)

I'll get more of the cards I need, just wondering what those cards should be.
Personally I would go for this grade 3 lineup (if your playing tcg)
4x Daikaiser
4x Great/Reverse Daiyusha
4x Daiyusha
You can probably mix up the Daiyushas, Reverses and Greats, but you have to have 3-4 Daikaiser IMO.
We have a Dimension Police deck that is absolutely sick, in which it abuses the Rank 1 Ride Chain system from Set 4, allowing for up to 13 Grade 3s. Also, Daikaiser madness.

x4 Daikaiser
x4 Great/"Reverse" Daiyusha
x4 Daiyusha
x1 Enigman Storm

Reason being for abusing the Enigman Storm line is that Rank 1 ride chains are immensely fast. They are the fastest Ride Chains in the game at this point in time; Enigman Ripple (G1) rides over Enigman Flow (G0) and immediately secures your G2 (Enigman Wave). To that end, you only need 4 Ripple. After that, so long as you have a G3 in your hand, you can secure your G3 line. What you want is Daikaiser. Daikaiser, Daikaiser, Daikaiser. If you have another Daikaiser, do it again. Daikaiser deck is massively crazy, and with the 13 G3s in your deck, you can mess with Perfect Guards.
So Blue Storm Wave Dragon, Tetra-burst Dragon was revealed NOT to be a Crossride for Blue Wave Dragon, Tetra-drive Dragon. Yay? Not yay? Tetra-burst's skill is just so uninteresting to me, compared to the crazy stuff that these other aces are getting...they couldn't have just made him a Crossride that stands as well?

On better news they revealed Granblue's Quintet Wall, so that makes me very hopeful for their Legion. The Legion mechanic in general really benefits Granblue's playing style, Granblue can mill many cards quickly, so that means you can Legion much faster without worthless guarding just for the sake of Legion (which I've been seeing people do) and Legion more often as well.
Everybody that plays Granblue knows the feeling of milling your triggers lol, so Legion will help with that.
I just pulled a Blue Storm Dragon, Maelstrom. By any chance is it rare or good in a deck?
(Jul. 05, 2014  3:44 PM)Ryûzaki Wrote: I just pulled a Blue Storm Dragon, Maelstrom. By any chance is it rare or good in a deck?

Yes Blue Storm Dragon, Maelstrom is a very nice pull. It is a rare card (RRR), and Aqua Force decks work very well with it. It's nice to run in a deck with Glory Mealstrom if you cant afford Trans-Cores for a good cross ride deck.
Oh that's awesome to hear! Is there a deck list for the deck? I'd like that as my second deck I guess. I'm currently scoring of stuff as I buy them.
Well here's my opinion of a good Maelstrom deck
0s
6x stand triggers
2x critical triggers
4x draw triggers
4x heal triggers

1s (13)
3x Battle Siren Dorothea
4x tear knight theory
2x mercenary brave shooter
4x emerald sheild paschal (perfect guard)

2s (11)
3x tear knight Lazarus
3x storm rider basil
3x tidal assault
2x titan of the beam rifle

3s (9)
3x transcore Dagon
3x Glory Mealstrom
2x blue storm dragon Maelstrom
1x storm rider diamantes

Starter
1x officer cadet erikk
No, Grade 3 searchers (Erikk) aren't worth it. CB1 and -1 (Erikk into soul) for a chance of NOT finding a G3? Don't forget that, by standard, you have 8 to 9 G3s in your deck in a 49-card deck (- the starting VG). -5 from your starting hand, that is about 1/4th the deck. Unless you're running, say, 13 G3s, which is a little more to 1/3rd the deck, you're risking a wasted minus. Even then, if you have 13 G3s in a deck, then your deck mechanic is already guaranteed to get you a G3.

Do not Rainbow triggers. Crit, Crit, Crit. 12 Crits, 4 Heals. If anything, 6 Stands, 6 Crits. Because at least Stands not only generate you more battles, but give you a 10k shield. Draws may give you a plus into your hand, but can 4 Draws mean -20000 shield. That is 4 1-stage shieldings you have, which is what the rest of your deck sans G3s consist of. You should 10k shields as much as you can because, really, are you going to just 1 to pass? The less stages your shields can cover, the more cards you have to throw down to guard. Guarding isn't really a plus, it's a minus; as you'd have to waste cards from your hand to protect yourself a little longer, but the more cards you waste, the less you'll be able to protect yourself.

I am not even gonna touch that G3 section. Jesus christ.
What starter do you recommend to use then? Erikk isn't terrible, especially since the list posted above isn't counter blast heavy at all (Glory and Maelstrom are the only other counterblasters and both are CB1). Plus I wouldn't mind searching for one of the grade 3's considering I would want to hit the crossride and break ride in a game. Also most competitive AF decks that have topped recently in the TCG have used Erikk.

Also on the topic of the grade 3 line up I don't believe Phantomhive was trying to make the best AF deck, he was trying to give a decent suggestion to Ryuzaki since he is new to the game and just pulled a maelstrom and wanted a deck suggestion that he could use the new card in.