Call Of Duty: Black Ops (11.9.10)

activision generally doesnt partner up when it comes to the WOW series.

i noticed that the Treyarch graphics are extremely similar to the MW2 (IW) graphics...

now we all know that IW is going through some hardships, but it isnt gone. what caused you to think that?
(Sep. 28, 2010  8:16 AM)arkboy Wrote: Shame infinity ward are dead then after activision sacked the heads of IW and then the rest of them left too.
Anyway, i played the game during the week, it's pretty good Smile

(I work in the games industry lol)

Can someone confirm if this is true?
pre-ordered regular edition for the 360. the hardened edition was out of stock and the veteran edition is waaaaay over my budget.

very excited for this game

btw, didnt IW go out of buisness or something???
(Oct. 31, 2010  8:37 PM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: pre-ordered regular edition for the 360. the hardened edition was out of stock and the veteran edition is waaaaay over my budget.

very excited for this game

btw, didnt IW go out of buisness or something???

No it is in dispute. They will be after MW3 (Which HAS been confirmed) is released. But Black Ops is made bey treyarch who made CoD 2, 3 and WaW. I also pre-ordered and paid this off. (Regular cuz the others are over-rated.) Anyone wants to play my gt is x PRO SCOP3Z x
(Sep. 29, 2010  4:15 AM)Quetz Wrote:
(Sep. 28, 2010  8:16 AM)arkboy Wrote: Shame infinity ward are dead then after activision sacked the heads of IW and then the rest of them left too.
Anyway, i played the game during the week, it's pretty good Smile

(I work in the games industry lol)

Can someone confirm if this is true?

There is an "Infinity Ward" that still exists, but it's a shell of the former studio. Most employees were either fired, or quit after the debacle that occured after MW2. The debacle in question is basically Activision refusing to pay the studio until years after a game was released. Activision was pulling a scam, which isn't surprising. Expect this franchise to be run into the ground like Guitar Hero, and Tony Hawk. Expect it to become niche once the FPS genre's day in the sun on consoles end.
i just shivered, cried, and then sat in a dark corner for 10 minuets because everything you guys said was probobly true...

Guitar Hero is ruined now in my opinion...it lacks the certain something I, II and III had, although i cannot put my finger on it...

so did IW hit Chapter 11? (file for bankruptcey?)

so why doesnt IW sew Activison? (guess its not that simple...)
(Nov. 01, 2010  3:26 AM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: i just shivered, cried, and then sat in a dark corner for 10 minuets because everything you guys said was probobly true...

Guitar Hero is ruined now in my opinion...it lacks the certain something I, II and III had, although i cannot put my finger on it...

so did IW hit Chapter 11? (file for bankruptcey?)

so why doesnt IW sew Activison? (guess its not that simple...)

Infinity Ward is a fully owned subsidary of Activision Blizzard Entertainment, I don't believe the studio has the legal capacity to file for any form of bankruptcy. However, they could be sold/closed by Activision if found to no longer be useful.

As for lawsuits, well, as I said, the studio is owned by Activison, so there can't be an Activision vs. Infinity Ward case. However, the employees of Infinity Ward have taken Activision to court for their unpaid wages with at least two separate cases.
Activision sounds like ita full of evil idiots...thanks To.

do you remember the outcome of these 2 cases?
Haha woo !
Preordered Black Ops Hardened Edition and it was only $118 shipped, with a free 4gb Bullet USB ! ^^
hardened is out of stock...prehaps you mean Veteran???
(Nov. 01, 2010  11:42 AM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: Activision sounds like ita full of evil idiots...thanks To.

do you remember the outcome of these 2 cases?

The court cases are ongoing.
Hardened is a waste of money (Found that out with MW2 -.- )
(Nov. 01, 2010  4:46 PM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: hardened is out of stock...prehaps you mean Veteran???

I live in Australia. =P
(Nov. 02, 2010  12:17 AM)blah Wrote:
(Nov. 01, 2010  4:46 PM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: hardened is out of stock...prehaps you mean Veteran???

I live in Australia. =P

And veteran (w/o shipping) is $150 and regular is only 60 so it has to be hardened
i wanted hardened so badly...but alas i waited to long. same with star wars. thankfully i was able to get the Halo Reach and Assassins creed brotherhood limiteds. on the plus side, i did save money
i already pre ordered black ops a month ago
I may actually get this game but then again I was never interested in COD or Shooters in general. Third-person is harder than first correct? Why? If these are answered I may get it.
in 1st person you are limited to what you see in front of you. in 3rd person you see a little bit behind you but your shooting accuracy goes down. In COD, you have a personal choice between 3rd or 1st i believe.

overall, 3rd person is a bit more of a challange compared to 1st
(Nov. 02, 2010  3:54 AM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: in 1st person you are limited to what you see in front of you. in 3rd person you see a little bit behind you but your shooting accuracy goes down. In COD, you have a personal choice between 3rd or 1st i believe.

overall, 3rd person is a bit more of a challange compared to 1st

Yes you are correct.
i heard that for the wii it sucks is that true?
(Nov. 03, 2010  1:55 AM)Sub Zero Wrote: i heard that for the wii it sucks is that true?

Yeah, honestly any shooter sucks on wii. Well the Wii in general sucks IMO
will there even be third person in B.O? I'd prefer if I have some proof
Any one else excited? Grin
EDIT: Sorrry, for double.
Haha, I'm sort of excited.
Only due to the fact that I preordered it and apparently has already been shipped out.

But I have exams right now. T_T