Call Of Duty: Black Ops (11.9.10)

well they are totally different-i actually think they are less predictable in order to prevent "spawn trapping"
YAY sound horing, thts wat my DX11s were made 4
how about nuke town where you spawn alot in backyards

random but relating to thread: chopper gunner is super cheap now it wasw before but know it's on overdrive
i don't really get why you can't sound carp. on youtube your footsteps sound SUPER loud, also everyone is talking about black ops in my school that is all you hear i am so happy i am getting it this weekend
I actually didnt mind the silent footsteps, sure I have DX11s but i could still sound hor most stuff, and cus i didnt need ninja I had a whole other perk space open-which was nice(hacker, and second chance are great)
Yep, but I mainly play with my friends which is usually playing SnD. Now that sound whoring will be back, I predict Ninja will be used more often. When everyone gets Ninja Pro, it will be basically a wasted perk because it cancels each other out, which I do not like Unhappy

Also, anyone notice that you can't hear people planting/defusing the bombs. Really a bummer.

Anyone who plays dom/ffa know the bs of people spawning right behind, literally meters from where you killed them.
Now tht u mentioned it--I dont remember hearing defuses? im about to prestige so Ill have to start again-good thing u can buy ninja right off the bat now
Yea, thats something they need to fix. I like it when they plant the bomb and hide trying to listen for me to defuse then I just do a "fake defuse' and they come running and get slaughtered. Its a funny and useful tactic in search Grin
(Nov. 16, 2010  4:19 AM)souless1234 Wrote: Yep, but I mainly play with my friends which is usually playing SnD. Now that sound whoring will be back, I predict Ninja will be used more often. When everyone gets Ninja Pro, it will be basically a wasted perk because it cancels each other out, which I do not like Unhappy

Also, anyone notice that you can't hear people planting/defusing the bombs. Really a bummer.

Anyone who plays dom/ffa know the bs of people spawning right behind, literally meters from where you killed them.

that happened in MW2 a lot of times every time i killed someone in MW2 they spawned like 3 yards from me it was so annoying 45% i was prepared for it but a ot of times i died
the Dolphin diving is cool and fun 2 do, but I still misdive over flags/bombs sometimes
and spawing ussually sucks in any fps but i think they did a decent job here
i think Treyarch did this intentionaly. All past COD games in multiplayer, for the most part, are loud and chaotic, but this game seems to be quieter by nature, probobly to emphesis the theme of the game-this $#*+ never actualy happened. Its all a secret war, so its gonna be quieter. thats my opinion anyway

made a huge connection just now! In one episode of the Big Bang Theory (TBBT) Sheldon is playing the exact same mind game you play in the Easter Egg of COD!

"Kill troll with axe! Kill Troll With Axe! KILL TROLL WITH AXE!"

first the double rainbow, then dead ops, then the mind games..and then all the other easter eggs in Zombies...oh COD, you never seem to disapoint
Well treyarch actually said tht they wanted to make the game quiet, but not THAT QUIET
Commando is great, it IS the ACR with a different name, similar look and sound too. And no recoil. Same power of not a bit more. I miss it Unhappy
(Nov. 16, 2010  7:29 AM)UnLeAsHeD Wrote: Commando is great, it IS the ACR with a different name, similar look and sound too. And no recoil. Same power of not a bit more. I miss it Unhappy

Take a second look, it's clearly an M4.
(Nov. 16, 2010  9:02 AM)Thresher Wrote:
(Nov. 16, 2010  7:29 AM)UnLeAsHeD Wrote: Commando is great, it IS the ACR with a different name, similar look and sound too. And no recoil. Same power of not a bit more. I miss it Unhappy

Take a second look, it's clearly an M4.

Yeah it looks like a CQB model of an M4 or just a normal M4 in an odd angle lol.
In my opinion, Black ops just doesn't beat MW2.
I think the graphics are kinda poor but then again gameplay usually counters this.
But in this case the gameplay is either very laggy or just unrealistic. I used to get 1 hit sniper kills on MW2 but now it takes a minimum of 2 shots to down some afk-er lol.

Hope Mw3 comes out soon Smile
Snipers were too strong and got nerfed because it was a 1 shot kill.
It takes more skill to kill someone with 2 consecutive shots.

And sigh, why do I always play the same maps ?

But:
Reflex > Red Dot. ^^
They also took off quick scoping
If this was real life u will not survive a direct hit with a sniper shot. The should ALWAYS be 1 hit kill, and as for the commando its actual name is a CAR-15. (commando assult rifle)
i hate it when people try to compare games and life...ugh

they also removed drop shots in addition to quick scopes

"HIT TROLL WITH AXE!"
(Nov. 17, 2010  5:07 AM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: i hate it when people try to compare games and life...ugh

"HIT TROLL WITH AXE!"

DRop shots are the same... At least for me and when the game is based on real life events it WILL be compared to real life..
Quote:But in this case the gameplay is either very laggy or just unrealistic. I used to get 1 hit sniper kills on MW2 but now it takes a minimum of 2 shots to down some afk-er lol.

You do realize you just compared two completely different eras, right? I hate to be the one that points out the simple and the obvious, but Modern Warfare is MODERN. Meaning, the equipment is more advanced than what we would see in Black Ops.

If you really want to complain about how your shots aren't OHKO'ing, then go play a Hardcore match, seriously.
(Nov. 17, 2010  1:34 AM)UnLeAsHeD Wrote: If this was real life u will not survive a direct hit with a sniper shot. The should ALWAYS be 1 hit kill, and as for the commando its actual name is a CAR-15. (commando assult rifle)

I'm going to break this down nice and simple for you. Commando=CAR 15=Colt AR 15=Base Model for M16=Colt M4, therefore Commando=M4.
(Nov. 17, 2010  6:33 AM)UnLeAsHeD Wrote:
(Nov. 17, 2010  5:07 AM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: i hate it when people try to compare games and life...ugh

"HIT TROLL WITH AXE!"

DRop shots are the same... At least for me and when the game is based on real life events it WILL be compared to real life..

what? drop shots are gone. in MW2 when you wanted to prone, you just inatantly dropped, gun up and all. Thisbis a drop shot. In BO, when you go from standing to prone, you jump in the air and land on your stomach. this is cool and all but it prevents drop shots.

now let me give you a history lesson

The game takes place durring the Cold War (a few years before Vietnam and a few years after WW2) The cold war wasnt really a war, in truth. It was a race between other countries, mostly Russia and the US, to see who advanced the most technologicly. That is why it is a "cold" war. As a result of this, Russia was the 1st to send someone into space, and tje US was the 1st to put someone on the moon. Nuclear technology also became more advanced. The list goes on. Durring this time period, there were minor conflicts and battles fought, but they were all just alittle bit shy of a war (not actual wars) The cold war was a time of tension. At any moment, the US and Rissia could have had at it, after all they both had the most powerful weapona of the time period. The events that take place in BO are based loosly on this time period, but with the addition of made up conspiracies and battles that never actualy happened in real history

You must treat this game as you wpuld treat the Assassin's Creed series; mostly based off real events, but the gane itself doesnt have many real events
I had a veteran that came into my school and talked about this, the bey of pigs, pow in Vietnam, moon race, missle crisis... And everything u said has been stated on YouTube reviews of this game and known by most people(about the war I meant not the last couple sentences
A veteran came to your school to promote Black Ops ?!?!?!
This game is actually beast im already 1st prestige!