Burst (what makes Bursts happen)

Did I forget anything, besides the diagram to come?

Quote:The [[Beyblade Burst]] series introduced an innovation to the Beyblade game: losses by Burst.

A Burst happens whenever a Beyblade disassembles and explodes. Previously, this phenomenon could occur if the Beyblade was loosely assembled and came undone through the hits and continuous spin, but the act was made deliberate by TAKARA-TOMY.

Two key components on Beyblade parts make Bursts possible: the two white tabs or walls protruding on the top of a Driver, and the teeth in the Layer underside's inner ring.

During the assembly of a Beyblade, the Layer is moved so that the Driver's white tabs go from after the last tooth all the way across to in front of the first tooth. During battles, some collisions are able to make the spring below the white tab retract and skip at least one tooth. Once the white tab has reached the last tooth in the row, nothing else will grip the tab anymore and all the Beyblade's parts will dislocate and burst. Gliding through each tooth emits a clicking sound, back and forth.

==Types of teeth==
Almost every Layer has a different set of teeth. Most have three teeth while others have four, but the fourth one in the row is usually very small and blocky.

Layers that are labeled as Attack types typically come with three long teeth, making them less susceptible to Bursting. However, this feature also presents flaws: before Xcalibur's reinforced, wider inner ring, the long teeth were subject to severe wear issues, causing the tips to bend or wear down. The more they are used, the easier the Layer becomes to burst. There is no way to prevent this from happening; new substitute Layers must be purchased.

As for other Beyblade types' teeth, they mostly all differ from one another. They do not suffer from the same wearing issue.

Here is a diagram showing each Layer's teeth:
Erm, is there any way to prevent/reduce tooth wear? Might be useful to include such info.
Do stamina/defense combos have teeth wear issues? You explained attack layers but not the other two.

Is it recommended to just restock on layers when wear gets too bad? Other than Xcalibur, are there other layers that have the wear issue solved?

Well, dunno if all that was relevant, but everything else looks good. Would be awesome if we had a gif/animation showing the driver's tabs moving down as the teeth skip, but dreams can stay dreams in this case lol.
Oh, believe me, I have done more complex .gif in my life from scratch just for fun, so this actually sounds like it could be easy hah.

Your other suggestions are good, although I suppose I subconsciously did not write about them initially because there is really nothing to do against tooth wear, you have to buy multiples, and Stamina and Defense types have different sets of teeth that are not characteristic and usually never face wear issues.
you describe the teeth of attack types, but you should also describe the teeth of other types.
As I mentioned in the post above, I will do it, but they are all mostly different, therefore that is all that can be written about them : "As for other Beyblade types' teeth, they mostly all differ from one another."
So, I did animate complex things in my life, but now I am not really interested in animating the whole sliding motion across all teeth as I had originally planned hah. How is this:

[Image: Ivz3KC7.gif]

If anything from this is satisfying, I will work on making the Layer on top also move hah.
you can also tell, that wing like tabs [in middile of driver] goes on top of tabs [in middle layer] to prevent getting burst.

btw i think teeth are to prevent getting unscrewed and tabs are to prevent it from bursting
There are no tabs on the Layer, what are you talking about? I think the teeth and the white tab are already well explained in the draft.
(Feb. 26, 2016  9:28 PM)Kai-V Wrote: There are no tabs on the Layer, what are you talking about? I think the teeth and the white tab are already well explained in the draft.

ok i will send video latter
(Feb. 26, 2016  9:28 PM)Kai-V Wrote: There are no tabs on the Layer, what are you talking about? I think the teeth and the white tab are already well explained in the draft.

I think he's referring to these tabs on the Layer:
[Image: 3565067.jpg]

These hold back a set of tabs on the Driver:
[Image: 3565066.jpg]

Once the Layer is twisted enough (past the last tooth), the tabs on the Driver slide past the edge of the tabs on the Layer, causing the Beyblade to Burst because there's nothing holding back the Driver's spring anymore.
I think the teeth and the Driver's white tabs are a much larger factor in why things burst; the "wing" is just part of the inner ring's design. It might fit into those small inserts, but they are not the real factor.
(Feb. 26, 2016  10:04 PM)Kai-V Wrote: I think the teeth and the Driver's white tabs are a much larger factor in why things burst; the "wing" is just part of the inner ring's design. It might fit into those small inserts, but they are not the real factor.

Well, they are what makes the whole mechanism work, but there's no real difference in the tabs from Beyblade to Beyblade, so I suppose it's not really relevant (like describing the threading on a Face; it's important but it's nothing special).