Building a Plastic Top Tier List!

That was just a guesstimate, obviously it would vary by type. Too many parts dilutes it though. 'Tier 3 Attack SCISSOR ATTACKER followed by WOLF CRUSHER.'

Also Galaxy, that's awesome.
Okay, yeah, I agree with that totally. (Though obviously wolf crusher isn't gonna be in our tier list, given it's an HMS part Tongue_out_wink)

I'mma go draw up that very rough draft I mentioned (it probably won't take what has been said in this thread into consideration that much, it's just the parts that I took from beywiki, and I'll throw in notes and things that need to be considered when I think of them.)
I know it was just an example but for zombie's Turtle survivor is definately worth tier 2.
Hm, this may take a little longer than I thought. There are lots of notes so there'll be plenty to discuss, at least, ahah. It's just working out how to mention parts that are only situational (HMC on a Smash Attack Combo, for example).
Okay, here we go. It's VERY rough. This is taken from beywiki and info in this thread. I've noted what needs discussion from memory. Hope it's decent (don't shoot the messenger Cute)

Draft Plastics Tier List Wrote:Attack
Upper Attack (Click to View)
Discuss: Customise Grip Base (Maybe too tall or not very good) with Upper Attack SP. Driger F’s Shaft with Wolborg 2 Casings, in whatever BB, maybe. With Upper Attack SP, though I’m not sure if that would be too low. :\ Obviously various combo’s need to be considered.
Correct Bases for Upper Attack SP
Driger V2?
Investigate the effect of spin direction, as mentioned by McFrown.

Smash Attack (Click to View)
Discuss: Again, Driger F Shaft in Wolborg 2 Casings with whatever BB (Customise Grip+SP), other SP-enabled BB’s, and other SP’s. Wolborg 2’s Shaft in BK’s Casings with Customise Bearing Base+Whatever SP.

One Hit Knock Out (OHKO)*NEEDS A LOT OF WORK (Click to View)
Discuss: Basically, everything. What makes a good OHKO combo, etc etc. Engine Gears?

Defense

Grip-Based (Click to View)
Discuss: Blizard Orthros SP. What SG would be used with Defense Grip Base (seaborg) (Is an HMC worth the stamina tradeoff?)

Weight Based (Click to View)
Discuss: Mirage Goddess (Venus/Venusian G), War Monkey and other AR’s with free spinning sub-AR’s. Is 10 heavy viable (Wide Defense and Survivor greatly lower the recoil of Upper Dragoon and Smash Turtle, 10 heavy doesn’t. Would War Monkey or whatever make it more viable?)

Endurance

Discuss: Blizzard Orthros SP, What to do with MDBS’s Base, AR tiering, Do we include Wolborg 2’s SG here?

Balance

Discuss: Holy Despell+War Lion SAR, Metal Ball Base (can’t use HMC, lighter than SG MCB+HMC), Magne WD.

SCB AKA Buezee Was Right (Click to View)
Discuss: The name, What SG to use in Volcano Change Base. Notes on launching (SCB self KO’s, can be avoided with launching techniques).

Other Discussion: What about other random balance combo’s? Retesting of 10bBistool is needed, as much of its popularity seems based on effectiveness in the Hasbro Finals Stadiums, which we don’t use.

Fortress Base with Different SG's needs investigation.
Why is Triple Tiger questionable for tier one upper attack? It's one of the best isn't it? lso the takara mold of wing cross should be in tier 2 for compacts and probably be mentioned in the zombie section. Also what about OHKO combos?
Forgot OHKO, will add a section, but I've got 0 idea what to put in it, really.

Triple Tiger is questionable because Upper Dragoon basically straight-up outclasses it, and it seems to be noticeably less popular than the other two.

Takara Wing Cross is in one of those sections (Compact), give me a second.

EDIT: OHKO Section added, only part mentioned is whale crusher, may add HMC in a minute.
Still want peoples opinion on triple tiger, opinions from using it and other parts, please.
Wing Cross added to tier 2 zombies, due to being right spin only. Hasbro Ver added to tier 2 grip defense.
AR's: Whale Crusher, Spike Dragon, (added) Cybernetic Dragoon.
WD: 10 Heavy
SG(s): HMC
BB: SGMF2
and Neo Left I guess for Spike Dragon?
I'm thinking this was already mentioned though, right? Whale Crusher is obvious though. lol ugh first post here
Lets hope Amanda sends pics soon so I can buy sooner, lol
Added some Fortress Base Stuff, it can be used with Wolborg 2's SG, so I've added it to grip defense (testing would be nice).

Dan: Thanks, I'll get onto it.

Okay, OHKO updated. Needs a lot more work and discussion, though, especially EG OHKO combo's, and such.
yeah, OHKO doesn't seem like difficult choice other than scoping for vicious AR's that haven't already been tested out and planting them on the standard 10H, HMC and SGMF2.
Oh! Are there any ground rules for testing yet? I want to test stuff out badly obviously, but I don't know what stadium/set up is recommended. I suppose I'm getting ahead here.
Customize grip base and defense ring are way better with Wolborg 2's sg for defense. Wolborg 2's base too
BB-10 or Tornado Attack are probably the best, given they are the most common. Just make sure to note it. Otherwise, it's all similar to MFB Testing.

Meh, there are actually a lot of bases, I mean, Grip Bases are probably worthwhile, right? And Engine Gears need to be looked at. And a lot of AR's are "able to be used for a OHKO combo", finding the best ones will be very hard.

Adding Double Wing (Dranzer S) to Tier 2 Smash.
(Jul. 25, 2011  7:59 PM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: Customize grip base and defense ring are way better with Wolborg 2's sg for defense. Wolborg 2's base too

So, Fortress Base to Tier 2? It was just a guess, TBH.

EDIT: Moved Fortress Base+Wolborg 2 SG to Tier 2 Grip Defense, added double wing.
I have a Tornado Attack and pretty much all the staple parts so if you need some tests I can probably do them.
We will. I'd really like some testing to back up what you've said about spin direction and upper attack (or a link to previous tests/explanations), and yeah, Wide Defence on Upper Attackers (preferably a conventional upper attack), compared to the same combo with 10 Heavy.

There's notes in the list of what needs discussion etc too Grin

Any input on the draft list would be cool, too, seeing as you've had plenty to say so far Smile

Oh, and Tier 2 is included because I figured I may as well put stuff there, especially if it's either definitely tier 2 (no lower) or may be tier 1/needs discussion/needed to be noted. We may as well do that too, I figure.
Draft Plastics Tier List Wrote:Attack
Upper Attack (Click to View)
Discuss: Customise Grip Base (Maybe too tall or not very good) with Upper Attack SP. Driger F’s Shaft with Wolborg 2 Casings, in whatever BB, maybe. With Upper Attack SP, though I’m not sure if that would be too low. :\ No that's an alright height. It's only too low with SG Free Shaft Ver. where it floor scrapes like noones biz Obviously various combo’s need to be considered.
Correct Bases for Upper Attack SP
Driger V2? If you mean Customize Change Base then ew no
Investigate the effect of spin direction, as mentioned by McFrown.

Smash Attack (Click to View)
Discuss: Again, Driger F Shaft in Wolborg 2 Casings with whatever BB (Customise Grip+SP), other SP-enabled BB’s, and other SP’s. Wolborg 2’s Shaft in BK’s Casings with Customise Bearing Base+Whatever SP.

One Hit Knock Out (OHKO)*NEEDS A LOT OF WORK (Click to View)
Discuss: Basically, everything. What makes a good OHKO combo, etc etc. Engine Gears?
No Engine Gears except maybe Torch Pegasis

Defense

Grip-Based (Click to View)
Discuss: Blizard Orthros SP. What SG would be used with Defense Grip Base (seaborg) (Is an HMC worth the stamina tradeoff?)No Twin Guard for Defense. Otherwise you're moving into Zombie/Defense Balance types

Weight Based (Click to View)
Discuss: Mirage Goddess (Venus/Venusian G), War Monkey and other AR’s with free spinning sub-AR’s. Is 10 heavy viable (Wide Defense and Survivor greatly lower the recoil of Upper Dragoon and Smash Turtle, 10 heavy doesn’t. Would War Monkey or whatever make it more viable?)

Endurance

Discuss: Blizzard Orthros SP, What to do with MDBS’s Base nothing, AR tiering, Do we include Wolborg 2’s SG here Yes?

Balance

Discuss: Holy Despell+War Lion SAR, Metal Ball Base (can’t use HMC, lighter than SG MCB+HMC), Magne WD.

SCB AKA Buezee Was Right (Click to View)
Discuss: The name, What SG to use in Volcano Change Base. Notes on launching (SCB self KO’s, can be avoided with launching techniques).

Other Discussion: What about other random balance combo’s? Retesting of 10bBistool is needed, as much of its popularity seems based on effectiveness in the Hasbro Finals Stadiums, which we don’t use. It's still good

Fortress Base with Different SG's needs investigation.
I added stuffs in bold and struck some stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilrfsjLj688
Sweet, I'll update it to reflect all that (anything contentious will be put in the discussion stuff).

If we're using Upper Dragoon for Grip Defense, is Smash Turtle worth including? (Its attributes are very similar).

10bBistool needs testing. In A TT Attack Stadium, it loses to Attack and Zombies, and it's not exactly a safe bet against a lot of things (Grip Defense, maybe some more aggressive compacts?).

Driger V2 is considerable for Honourable Mention either in upper attack or somewhere in the balance tier, for only needing a 10 Heavy to tear through plenty of things.

Wide Defense is definitely top tier for Smash Attack, it still has some advantages over Wide Defense.

I'll do some testing with Dragoon G's EG and BB for OHKO, seems to work quite well, but yeah, I need better defence combo's, ahah.

Bluezee said to include Volcano Change (Endurance Mode), via PM. I have one on the way. 10 wide will move to Tier 2 for it, though it works perfectly fine.

Anything I haven't changed should be understandable, I hope.

Thanks for the video, looks like opposite-spin upper attack to me, I'll wait for other people to chip in.
Also, 10bBistool looks pretty carp in it. I thought it might have some resistance to upper attack, that looks pretty bad tbh.
10B Bistool basically beats any compact/survival custom.

Driger V2 with HMC and 10 Heavy should go under Balance as Attack/Survival.

And I don't think I'd include Smash Turtle.

Also:
Twin Horn
Wide Survivor
Right SG SG Free Shaft Ver. (Maybe with SG Bearing Ver. 2 casings I forget)
Defense Ring
Cuztomize Grip Base

annhialates zombies in my experience as well as compacts (bar one) and it'd be interesting to test against the Spiral Change Base combo. Both direct battle and comparitive results.
Who uses Non-Zombie Survival? As for compacts, meh, not enough justification for losing to everything else IMO. Interested in others thoughts, of course. If it is added, it should go under a non-compact classification, as it is significantly different (more stamina focussed, significantly less weight).

Okay, will think about putting it there, though I'm not exactly sure how to include/phrase/set it.

Would like comparative and 1v1 testing of that combo, definitely. Can't do it myself as I probably won't have the parts to test against zombies soon. Also, that's Dranzer S's Shaft, correct? If so, I definitely want testing, as I've used a similar combo (Well, same base/SG, more agressive AR/WD setup), and it did very nicely, so I expect it will be quite good.
Also, why Defense Grip Base 2 for smash attack? Seems pretty eh to me.
Surely Customise Bearing Base+Double Bearing Core+Wolborg 2 Shaft would be a better idea?

Customise Grip base isn't using it's own tip, is it?
Defense Grip Base 2 so you can use Full Auto Clutch without SP or lots of weight.
As for Customize Grip Base with it's own tip, it works alright. My tip isn't the best and it still works pretty good.
Upper Tiger
Wide Defense/10 Heavy (I like WD)
Neo Right HMC
Upper Attack
Customize Grip Base
Okay. I'll add that, and throw Customise Grip in it's own little category. Will only include Bearing Ver 2. Casings in the SG list, not SG Free Shaft Ver

Also, should Driger F's shaft spin freely in Wolborg 1's Casings (which are identical to wolborg 2's, btw)?
They aren't identicial. They are very much different casings. Also with Defense Grip Base 2 SG Free Shaft casings are better for Full Auto Clutch because they're a little bit of a better fit and shorter. For Bearing Grip Base SG Bearing Ver. 2 casings are better because it's a bit taller.

Bearing Stinger Shaft only fits in Wolborg 1 casings fyi.
Umm, beywiki says they're identical, and that MDBS's shaft fits in Wolborg 2 casings? In the Wolborg 1&2 Articles Confused

Also, is there any Base you/I've listed where SG Free Shaft Version +Driger F shaft don't scrape?
My Driger F shaft doesn't move freely when used with Bearing core 2 casings so probably not. It doesn't move at all tbh. This could be because my Driger F is Takara and my wolborg 2 is Hasbro though. Also about using twin horn in left spin. According to the whine about my breaks thread it should only be used in left since it tends to break in right as shown on the thread. Considering it's quite rare and expensive I wouldn't risk breaking it.
Yeah I edited that but some slap jockey must have changed it back.
I own 2 of each of thos casings so I figure I'm a pretty trustworthy source. The casings are different and Bearing Stinger only fits in Wolborg 1's casings. As far as I remember BK's shaft, Full Auto Clutch, and Wolborg 2's shaft don't fit in Wolborg 1 casings.

Also I have 2 Driger F shafts and both spin freely in both my Wolborg 2 casings I'm pretty sure. I'd prefer to use SG Free Shaft Ver. anyways.

EDIT: Neither of my Driger F's are Takara however. Both are Metal Masters. And Twin Horn won't break in Right spin when it's on a Zombie-esque combo with Wide Survivor.
Thanks Smile

Will add a note.

Ugh, I wish I could edit it with all the formatting already done, it's a right pain to sort through.

Given the number of alterations, I'll post an updated version in a new post.

Okay, will update to reflect. Will leave SG Bearing Ver 1/2 slashed where V2 is listed as they're basically even, if slightly different.

Mine doesn't spin freely in SG Bearing Ver 1 casings, but I'm not 100% sure the Driger F shaft is actually a legit one (may be TT Hongli, I forget). Casings are Takara, AFAIK.

Also, is there any base that SG Free Shaft Ver+Auto Clutch Shaft won't scrape in? If so, which?