Building a Plastic Top Tier List!

w/e one is Dranzer S AR.
Works pretty good imo. I have the Phantom Force one.
I had an original one. It broke. I've got a little sonokong one (slightly smaller).

It's known to have too much recoil. It's a decent choice, but yeah, no real reason to use it with Triple Wing and (hopefully) cross griffon around.

Second tier though, yes.
It actually really doesn't have bad recoil at all. A lot of things on Beywiki are. . . wrong.
I'm speaking from personal use. I'll try it again once the family wakes up (lolsleepingpatterns).

Also, forgot it was left spin it's used in. Maybe it will have some use, seeing as eight spiker is the only thing in that direction. Confused Still, recoil.
Does triple wing have use in both Left and right spin though? The beywiki article doesn't specify and I don't have any left spin MG casings. If it does then with eight spiker having good left spin smash too it probably won't have much use at all but will probably deserve tier 2 for smash if decent(never tried it myself.
No, Triple Wing is Right-Spin, has some smash in left spin but IIRC it's not useful.
By the way, I was gonna try it, but a) my sonokong Double Wing won't fit on a neo SG, and b) it doesn't protrude past the bumps on a 10 wide, and eight wide still obscures it heavily.
Eight spiker would be better, if you can, seeing as that removes the variable of spin direction (though Triple wing is fine, because a winrate is a winrate and a win is a win, but still).
Triple wing will do in the interim. (Unless that's what you meant)
Ahh, fair enough, it can sit in tier 2 until you prove otherwise, which is fair, considering that's what it's generally known as, right? (Plus, it's already there Tongue_out)
Generally people just brush it off as a junk AR I think.
Yes, this is true. I must admit I've done this myself, though it's more I'm using my left SG's for other things.

Still, Tier two is good, considering it comes with Spiral Change Base, it's a pretty sweet deal. (Consider the other top tier Smash AR's all come with pretty useless bases, I mean, Dragoon G is the best of the lot, at least it has a good WD).
So,tests required Tongue_out ?
Dragoon V's AR vs Eight Spiker?
WD SG (SP?) BB ? =]
Shouldn't we put the list on the first page cause I don't know about you guys but I have no idea which page the updated one is on.
(Jul. 28, 2011  11:57 AM)Ultrablader Wrote: Shouldn't we put the list on the first page cause I don't know about you guys but I have no idea which page the updated one is on.

Done it.
I think it's the correct project :]
Yeah, that's the most recent one.
(Jul. 28, 2011  11:53 AM)Galaxy Wrote: So,tests required Tongue_out ?
WD SG (SP?) BB ? =]

Wide Defense/10 Wide
Neo-Left Heavy Metal Core
SG Metal Flat 2

Also I'm down to add Engine Gear Base Normal Ver. With Circle Survivor as Tier 2 Defense. With Upper Dragoon and Wide Defense it has good Stamina and is very difficult to knock off balance.

Also Right/Left Spin Gear Full Auto Clutch Ver. + Full Auto Clutch Base for Tier 1.
(Jul. 28, 2011  6:08 PM)Mc Frown Wrote:
WD SG (SP?) BB ? =]

Wide Defense/10 Wide
SG Metal Flat 2

Also I'm down to add Engine Gear Base Normal Ver. With Circle Survivor as Tier 2 Defense. With Upper Dragoon and Wide Defense it has good Stamina and is very difficult to knock off balance.

Also Right/Left Spin Gear Full Auto Clutch Ver. + Full Auto Clutch Base for Tier 1.
Yeah, I guess. I must remember to test the weird Dragoon GT CEW/Dranzer GT EG/EG Normal Base thing at some point, it wouldn't be top tier, but tier two maybe. Once I get my parts.

"Right/Left Spin Gear Full Auto Clutch Ver. + Full Auto Clutch Base for Tier 1."
Tier one What?
Heh, thought it was an odd choice for defense.

It's a weird part, I'm not opposed to it being tier one, but would like more discussion before we actually make it tier one.
I just looked at the current list so I'll throw in my two cents.
It might be illegal to use a sg bearing ver. 2 if it's aggressive enough to use for attack types.
For smash attack, I suggest not
using HMC. Generally, you'd want less weight. I guess it does help with control, but I'd prefer to just get better launching technique. Maybe I could see it on SG Metal Flat 2, but I'd still stick with a North Core. Also, that's another thing, for the life of me I cannot remember why, but I remember North Core being preferred over South Core for attack types.
For the OHKO section, I doesn't make sense at all to use SG Metal Flat 2. The ARs have so much recoil that the only/best chance for KO is very early on in the match, and at the highest speed possible. With the metal flat tip, that chance is brought down, and then the bey will just KO itself. Also, the ARs, or at least Whale Crusher is too wide for Fin Tector to have any place.
For grip based defense combos, it's not a good idea to use Fortress Base. You shouldn't mix the weight with the grip like that because then the stamina decreases too drastically. So it'd lose to other defense types, maybe some SG Metal Flat 2 combos, and it loses out on spin stealing on opposite spin survival combos for the possible win. Also, I'd always use Wide Defense here over Wide Survivor.
For the weight based defense combos, I like it how it is really, but
Tiger Defense
10 Heavy/Wide Defense
Neo Left/Right HMC
SG Metal Ball w/4 balls
should also be there. With these kinds of combos there is a lot of preference involved. Like, if you run 10 Heavy then you might opt to use 2 metal balls instead if you think your opponent has a similar combo in his arsenal, but you are still weary of his attack types, and you think he might be weary of yours. Now that I thin about it, playing plastics really shows you how to approach your analysis of your opponent when choosing your combo, or preparing your combos in the first place. It might help people with MFB.
Also, for all the defense type combos you should list both right and left spin directions because Triangle Wing makes it so that they can use upper attack in left spin too.
I think zombies should be separate from endurance. Especially, since gen 2 zombies use SG Bearing Ver. 2 because people started resorting to attack types to take out zombies. Also, Wing Cross should be there for right spin zombies. I think everyone should read the zombie article off the damashii archive.
For compacts the only bases you should use are SG Semi Flat or SG Metal Change. The other ones aren't necessary. Also, War Lion should be under Tiger Defense and Wing Cross.

SG Metal Change should get a special mention aside from compacts because it's a great base to help beginners learn about shooting techniques. You can very clearly learn te difference between the straight shot, banking, catapault shot, and the sliding shot with this base. Because of this, I think these types of combos should also be mentioned seperately from compacts under balance types.

Another thing, Panther Claw got a mention. That AR is similar to Tiger Defense, except
it has more attack and less stamina/defense. So, paired with SG Metal Change it behaves similarly, but when needed you can change launch technique for more attack against let's say, a similar combo using Tiger Defense, or a survival type, or whatever. This doesn't exactly
mean top tier, but more like a description of why I like the honorable mention/where that was placed on the list.
For Bluezee's combo it should be noted that a long time ago, similar combos were recommended to beginners to use. No one realized then that it could beat zombie combos like that, and it was often used with the tip portruding instead of the other way.

Ahh, I hope this isn't all jumbled up. I types it on my iPhone. Hope
this helps.
Yeah, Fin Tectors are to be paired with Whale Attacker (Seaborg 1) and not Whale Crusher (Seaborg 2), just to clear that up.
Also, a mint Sg Bearing ver. 2 still works just fine for attackers, as long as it's fixed and shot correctly. Dunno if it being fixed would be considered illegal though...
(Jul. 30, 2011  8:49 AM)th!nk Wrote:
(Jul. 28, 2011  6:08 PM)Mc Frown Wrote:
WD SG (SP?) BB ? =]

Wide Defense/10 Wide
SG Metal Flat 2

Yeah, I guess. I must remember to test the weird Dragoon GT CEW/Dranzer GT EG/EG Normal Base thing at some point, it wouldn't be top tier, but tier two maybe. Once I get my parts.

"Right/Left Spin Gear Full Auto Clutch Ver. + Full Auto Clutch Base for Tier 1."
Tier one What?
Left turbo engine gear (dragoon gt's cew)v+ first Clutch base dragoon g blade base in tier one for OHKO?
when the gear kicks up..a hit is sure deadly..XD
dranzer GT eg wont go far since when the eg kicks...the reverse spin is not that fast enough to KO other beys..besides..spin reduces massively after eg kicks...
i can do the testing for dragoon gt's and dranzer gt's eg..
just tell me the pars and the opposing bey..