"Build me a combo!" #2

Poll: yes or no

yes
0%
no
100.00%
Total: 100% 2 vote(s)
That goes in the Flash Discussion. Search for it next time...
Is wing pegasus 90sd a good bey for desabilizing?
It could work, but I'm not sure about that...

MF Wing Pegasus BD145MF probably works better...
Can someone make me good defense/balance type out of there beyblades:
Evil Befall UW145WD
Rock Zurafa R145WD
Flame Libra T125ES
Storm Aquario 100HF/S
Gravity Perseus AD145WD
Lightning L-Drago 100HF
Thanks!
You really have no good options for either of those types... However, if you're using Hasbro stadiums, you can use Lightning L Drago/Gravity Destroyer 100HF for attack.
Primal: Don't forget T125 for mid-height Attack and R145 for Destroyer/Perseus! Smile
Twisted tempo with the diablo nemesis 4d bottom always in time stop mode and extreme flat good combo?also a l drago destroy with a gravity ball and wd preformance tip
Is Basalt Pegasis III ED145WB and Earth Rex D125WD good beys?
(May. 19, 2012  4:36 AM)BladerBro742 Wrote: Is Basalt Pegasis III ED145WB and Earth Rex D125WD good beys?

Basalt Pegasis III ED145 WB isnt good. Try something Like Basalt___BD145 CS for defense.

Earth Rex D125 WD isnt bad. Decent stamina type. But D125 isnt the best choice for stamina. D125 is a better choice. And cancer/aquario works best.
(May. 19, 2012  4:21 AM)aj740 Wrote: Twisted tempo with the diablo nemesis 4d bottom always in time stop mode and extreme flat good combo?also a l drago destroy with a gravity ball and wd preformance tip

Twister Tempo XGrin The bottom isnt good for this combo. Twisted (Basalt) is best suited for defense.

L drago Destroy Gb145 WD Change GB145 to CH120. It makes for a better spin stealer.
So my girlfriend and I are getting into Beyblades (she had a few when she was at school, I've never touched one before a few days ago)...

We currently have only enough parts to make one Beyblade each. I plan to pick some more up soonish, but I have a couple of questions.

First, parts list:

Virgo
Pisces

Earth
Evil

GB145
ED145

BS
WD

My girlfriend built Evil Virgo GB145 BS, leaving me with the parts to create Earth Pisces ED145 WD. While I can win occasionally, Usually when I land a few good hits early on, or knock her out of our improvised stadium, battles usually go in her favour. I get the impression that her Stamina type has a distinct advantage against my Defense type, but anyway, questions:

1. Is my current combo REALLY that awful?
2. Is my girlfriend's combo really that good?
3. If I'm wanting to improve my chances against my girlfriend, which of my parts should be kept, and which should be dropped? She's told me she always preferred stamina types when she used to compete against her brother and both their friends.
4. If we're working purely with the parts I've listed, what would be the closest to an actually competitive combo?
(May. 19, 2012  5:54 AM)obliviondoll Wrote: So my girlfriend and I are getting into Beyblades (she had a few when she was at school, I've never touched one before a few days ago)...

We currently have only enough parts to make one Beyblade each. I plan to pick some more up soonish, but I have a couple of questions.

First, parts list:

Virgo
Pisces

Earth
Evil

GB145
ED145

BS
WD

My girlfriend built Evil Virgo GB145 BS, leaving me with the parts to create Earth Pisces ED145 WD. While I can win occasionally, Usually when I land a few good hits early on, or knock her out of our improvised stadium, battles usually go in her favour. I get the impression that her Stamina type has a distinct advantage against my Defense type, but anyway, questions:

1. Is my current combo REALLY that awful?
2. Is my girlfriend's combo really that good?
3. If I'm wanting to improve my chances against my girlfriend, which of my parts should be kept, and which should be dropped? She's told me she always preferred stamina types when she used to compete against her brother and both their friends.
4. If we're working purely with the parts I've listed, what would be the closest to an actually competitive combo?

dont take this the wrong way but, those combos are horrible and outclassed. you should get more beys such as Basalt Horogium[Twisted Tempo], Flame Byxis, Hell Kerbecs[Hades Kerbecs], Ray Unicorno[Ray Striker,for the cs performance tip], and some metal face bolts. Some metal fusion beys such as storm aquario, dark bull[for the energy rings]. If you can invest in some beyblades from japan or korea to build combinations,it will make a big difference. Good beys to get from japan are[for competitive play] Fang Leone, Flash sagittario, variares, kreis cygnus, blitz unicorno. Fang, Flash, Variares, blitz wheels are excellent for attack combos, cygnus has a good energy ring for defensive combos. good defense combos are MF Basalt[twisted] bull/aquario BD145 cs. A good Attack combo is MF Variares R145 R2F or RF if you dont have R2F. But anyways getting new beyblades helps alot and i highly recommended it.
It truthfully is not that awful, I would recommend changing the spin track as ED145 is not useful for anything at all except losing the Beybattle. If possible, also switch Pisces with Aquario, Pisces' only use is for exposing the contact points on Screw/Spiral, whereas Aquario provides extremely good weight distribution, thus adding good balance. For a stamina spin track AD145 would work just fine.

Her Beyblade can easily be countered by an attack type, the reason she's winning against you is because Evil is quite light. Her combo isn't that good because it can be easily countered as long as you have the parts at your disposal. BS is negligible, Virgo is not used as much and not that useful.

Hope this helps.
Thanks guys. Good info for me to look into in both your posts.

Unfortunately, budget concerns mean I'm not going to be likely to have the option of looking any further than a couple of local toystores that stock Beyblades, so I've got a fairly limited supply to work with. And nowhere that sells individual parts, so I'll have to pick up complete models and strip the parts for what I want.

I'll definitely see what I can do about picking up some better parts and rearranging things though.

I figured an attack type would have an advantage against my girlfriend's build, since even the leftover parts were winning just by getting a few solid hits in. The only problem has been landing those hits, because the two generally settle into a routine of not hitting one another, and hers will win on stamina alone.

But if we were using only the parts we currently have, what would be the "best" combo?

Obviously GB145 instead of ED145 for the Spin Track, but what about the rest?
The best would be Earth Virgo GB145WD at the moment.

And you could use an attack type, it still depends on what stadium you are using. Which one are you using?
Not using a proper stadium at the moment. Only had enough money to spare this week for the Beyblades OR a stadium, not both, so we alternate between using a wooden chopping board and a roughly stadium-sized cardboard box that's got just enough curve to the bottom of it to encourage the Beys to stay near the middle instead of getting stuck against the sides.

With the chopping board, an attack type would have a disadvantage, because it's WAY too easy to just fall off the sides, but I think it would be a good advantage to have one for carboard box matches (and possibly in a stadium when we get one)
You would definitely need a BB-10 Stadium, it's the best stadium there is, you don't want the tips getting scratched up or the rubber on the tips getting damaged.
can anyone improve this Beyblades/Combos:

Variares W105RF
Earth Horogium 145WD
Lighning L Drago 100F
Killer Beafowl UW145EWD
Basalt Horogium 145WD
Scythe Nemesis 105EDS
Phantom Bull GB145EWD
Fang Leone 135W2D
Galaxy Pegasis W105R2F
Meteo L Drago 100LF
L Drago Destroy F:S
Burn Leone 145WD
Attack: VariAres GB145/145 RF
Defense: Basalt Bull GB145 RF/R2F (Anti-Attack)
Stamina: Phantom Bull 100 WD/EDS

Get Flash, Duo/Death, BD145, CS/RDF and AD145.
(May. 19, 2012  11:23 AM)BeyHyperKiLLer Wrote: Attack: VariAres GB145/145 RF
Defense: Basalt Bull GB145 RF/R2F (Anti-Attack)
Stamina: Phantom Bull 100 WD/EDS

Get Flash, Duo/Death, BD145, CS/RDF and AD145.
i Have Death, BD145, AD145, CS , And RDF

i also a bunch of spare parts that i keep just for customizing

but i don't understand the defense combo that that you mentioned, isn't it another attack combo because you said to use RF/R2F

It's for Anti-Attack/Anti-Meta. It actually works pretty well. An Anti-Attack combo is on the top tier list. I use that combo. Get Diablo. Diablo is one the best, if not the best Anti-Meta 4D wheels out there.
(May. 19, 2012  12:25 PM)Gingka Blader#1 Wrote: It's for Anti-Attack/Anti-Meta. It actually works pretty well. An Anti-Attack combo is on the top tier list. I use that combo. Get Diablo. Diablo is one the best, if not the best Anti-Meta 4D wheels out there.

i have diablo and a bunch of other spare parts

just say the combos i'm sure that i have the parts for them

No, you have to list your parts. If you are saying you have mostly all parts, then just check the 'Competitive MFB Combos' thread.
(May. 19, 2012  4:43 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: But D125 isnt the best choice for stamina. D125 is a better choice.

Uhh... What?
(May. 19, 2012  6:47 AM)Ryu-X Wrote: The best would be Earth Virgo GB145WD at the moment.

And you could use an attack type, it still depends on what stadium you are using. Which one are you using?
GB145WD is a very bad setup.
I'll recommend to continue using Earth Pisces ED145 WD. I've heard stuff about Virgo working well on Earth too, but I don't think it matters much right now.

my friend wants to have a good combo theese r his parts
metal wheels
basalt
inferno
storm
burn
meteo
lightning
clear wheels
horogium
libra
aquario