"Build me a combo!" #2

Poll: yes or no

yes
0%
no
100.00%
Total: 100% 2 vote(s)
How do I use Basalt Bull/Aquario/Kerbecs Th170 D/CS competitively? (by competitively i mean how to switch the heights wisely)
It depends,seriously.If your opponent is using 230,220 is the best height.However,don't use 220 while fighting a BD145.
What about low height attack/defense/stamina?
195-220.is the best height.
any good suggestions for my earth leone gb145 wd
GB145WD is just a bad setup. Also probably the most common "wow this is just totally illogical what the hell" setup that gets posted here, being posted once or twice a day. Of course, this means you're not alone, I guess people are mislead by Wide Defense being called a "Defense" part, despite having absolutely no defensive ability.

Anyway, yes, it can be improved greatly.

I'm assuming by "improve" you don't mean totally replace. So, in that case:

Either use a defense tip with GB145, or a stamina track with WD. Basically, Earth can be used as a passable defence or stamina wheel (though it's pretty heavily outclassed in stamina), GB145 is a defense track with pretty bad stamina, and WD is a stamina tip with no defence at all, so mixing the two results in a bey with poor stamina and defence.

I'd put a non-aggressive CS on it, if you're limited to hasbro beys, Raigeko13 mentioned the Crushing Blast twin pack CS being the calmest hasbro make (as their normal Ray Striker CS is super-aggro iirc). Whilst I can't verify that, it's probably true.

That said, Earth is really showing it's age nowadays, as better low recoil wheels are being produced each month by Takara-Tomy. Check out the Competitive Combo's thread, while it's a bit out of date right now, it'll set you in the right direction. Earth is still up there but probably shouldn't be.

As for Hasbro releases, Twisted Tempo (Basalt Horogium) is a must buy, as is Hades Kerbecs or whatever they called Hell Kerbecs. You'll still want a CS though.
(Nov. 13, 2011  1:36 AM)th!nk Wrote: GB145WD is just a bad setup. Also probably the most common "wow this is just totally illogical what the hell" setup that gets posted here, being posted once or twice a day. Of course, this means you're not alone, I guess people are mislead by Wide Defense being called a "Defense" part, despite having absolutely no defensive ability.

GB145WD isn't necessarily a bad setup, imo. Against a Hasderp MF Twisted Bull 230CS, I've been getting good results with Burn Tempo GB145WD (17 of 20 wins).(I might have just gotten lucky, considering I just made a random combo). I totally agree with you about the "WD" misleading title. Also, the Ray Striker double pack actually comes with a pretty "stamina based" CS, and the first use of CS in the Crushing Blast 2 pack is pretty aggressive.
Huh, odd. My CS from the Crushing Blast pack is actually quite calm, the S point protrudes outside of the C.

I need help customizing my beys. Here are the parts i have.

Red Facebolt
Purple Flame Byxis Facebolt
Dark Blue Ray Gill Facebolt
Blue L-Drago Facebolt
Light Blue Pegasus Facebolt
(Storm Non Limited Edition) Pegasus Energy Ring
(Lightning Non Limited Edition) L-Drago Energy Ring
(Burn Non Ice Blue Version) Fireblaze Energy Ring
(Killer) Befall Energy Ring
(Rock) Zurafa Energy Ring
Rock Fusion Wheel
Flame Fusion Wheel
Storm Fusion Wheel
Earth Fusion Wheel
Galaxy Fusion Wheel
Lightning Fusion Wheel
Night Fusion Wheel
145 Spin Track(x2)
105 Spin Track
UW145 Spin Track
Sharp Performance Tip
Semi-Flat Performance Tip
Wide Defense Performance Tip
ATK:
Lightning L-Drago 105SF
DEF:
Earth Zurafa 145WD
STAM:
Earth Zurafa 145S
(Nov. 13, 2011  2:48 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote: ATK:
Lightning L-Drago 105SF
DEF:
Earth Zurafa 145WD
STAM:
Earth Zurafa 145S

Balance?
KyubiBey:
I already explained why it's almost as dumb as this:
(Nov. 13, 2011  1:57 AM)Kai800 Wrote: I think a good combo would be Rock Bull H145JB.

Kai

But if I must elaborate, fine. GB145's gimmick means that at low rpm's, the weight moves inwards, increasing RPM, however this also reduces the total spin time. It's also been tested and isn't as good as a plain 145 etc soooooo.

I just did 5 quick rounds with those exact combo's and it was 5-0 to basalt. Is your CS aggressive or really super worn or something? (I mean, mine was pretty worn but yeah, it won convincingly).

Also Bull is a pretty bad CW on basalt, it seems to aggravate it's balance issues a bit :\ My cw choice thread should have either a pic or a link to a picture of how to orient Kerbecs on it, that being the best choice. Aquario is good on it too.

That said, just about everything other basalt in that setup favours the burn combo soooo...

As for the CS thing, blame Raigeko13.

Soulmark: For like the billionth time, there are very few useful balance combo's in MFB, and basically all of them are defence/stamina, and use parts from Basalt Horogium or Hell Kerbecs. You have neither.
That LLD combo is kinda a balance combo, though.
there arent to many balance type combos and you dont have any of those parts that i seee
(Nov. 13, 2011  2:52 AM)th!nk Wrote: But if I must elaborate, fine. GB145's gimmick means that at low rpm's, the weight moves inwards, increasing RPM, however this also reduces the total spin time. It's also been tested and isn't as good as a plain 145 etc soooooo.

I just did 5 quick rounds with those exact combo's and it was 5-0 to basalt. Is your CS aggressive or really super worn or something? (I mean, mine was pretty worn but yeah, it won convincingly).

Also Bull is a pretty bad CW on basalt, it seems to aggravate it's balance issues a bit :\ My cw choice thread should have either a pic or a link to a picture of how to orient Kerbecs on it, that being the best choice. Aquario is good on it too.

Nice convincing me! Grin

To answer your question, my CS was semi-aggressive, but had a lot of stamina. I used Burn Horogium 145WD, and I lost horribly.

Should I use 145RS? I must go pick up Grand Cetus. What launcher did you use? I used Beylauncher LR.
Im looking into making a good defensive and stamina type. So far all I have is a Flame Leone 100D.
Heres a list of all my current parts except the facebolts
Energy Ring: Pegasus, Leone, Striker,Capricorn,Bull,and L-Drago
Fusion Wheel: Galaxy,Ray,Counter,Fury,Flame,and Lightning
Spin Track: 2x100, W105,D125,and 145
Performance Tip:HF,F,D,CS,and RSF
ATK:
Lightning L-Drago 100RSF
DEF:
None
STAM:
Flame ___ D125D/CS(if CS is not aggro)
(Nov. 13, 2011  3:10 AM)KyubiBey Wrote: Nice convincing me! Grin

To answer your question, my CS was semi-aggressive, but had a lot of stamina. I used Burn Horogium 145WD, and I lost horribly.

Should I use 145RS? I must go pick up Grand Cetus. What launcher did you use? I used Beylauncher LR.

Hm, odd. GB145 probably does help a bit in that situation, as it does a little to help survive basalt smashing down on you. I was using a beylauncher LR as well.

Wouldn't bother getting Grand Cetus. RS is very strong defensively, yes, but it has no stamina at all and can't handle opposite-spin beys well. CS is basically universally preferred.

GB145RS would be better than 145RS, though.

(Nov. 13, 2011  3:20 AM)TaterKing Wrote: Im looking into making a good defensive and stamina type. So far all I have is a Flame Leone 100D.
Heres a list of all my current parts except the facebolts
Energy Ring: Pegasus, Leone, Striker,Capricorn,Bull,and L-Drago
Fusion Wheel: Galaxy,Ray,Counter,Fury,Flame,and Lightning
Spin Track: 2x100, W105,D125,and 145
Performance Tip:HF,F,D,CS,and RSF

CS is THE defense/stamina type tip as long as you have a calm one. D isn't too horrid otherwise but yeah, not very defensive.
That said, Twisted would be the best wheel to use out of hasbro's releases, for a defense/stamina type.
Flame is the best stamina wheel you've got and you have no defense wheels.
Bull would be a better CW than leone.

Soooo, Flame Bull 100CS would be better with your current parts.
Scythe Kronos BD145CS tournament-placement worthy? Should I slap on a MFH before it can be?
I recall that combo being good, but I'm not really sure how good, I don't have a scythe.

But then, tourney placement is hugely dependent on what you're up against and you'll certainly want to be using more than one bey.
(Nov. 13, 2011  3:37 AM)th!nk Wrote: I recall that combo being good, but I'm not really sure how good, I don't have a scythe.

But then, tourney placement is hugely dependent on what you're up against and you'll certainly want to be using more than one bey.

I meant in the Defense/ Stamina category.
(Nov. 13, 2011  3:32 AM)Galaxy Jay Wrote: Scythe Kronos BD145CS tournament-placement worthy? Should I slap on a MFH before it can be?

MF-L or MF-F is supposedly good. Paulie used a combo similar to that, but with Phantom I believe. Anything BD145CS is good LOL
(Nov. 13, 2011  3:39 AM)Galaxy Jay Wrote:
(Nov. 13, 2011  3:37 AM)th!nk Wrote: I recall that combo being good, but I'm not really sure how good, I don't have a scythe.

I meant in the Defense/ Stamina category.

Sorry, are you just looking for an all-around great stamina/defense bey? We call that top-tier, and top-tier is usually placement 'worthy'.

I'd go for MF-H Phantom Kerbecs BD145CS for defense, MF-H Phantom Aquario BD145EDS for stamina/defense hybrid, MF-H Phantom Aquario TH170CS for balance.

Again, Th!nk is right, change it up a bit: Throw in a MF/-H VariAres CH120RF in once in a while.
Thanks everyone.

Dan

Thanks for the recommendation, but just know that Im already attack oriented. My closest combo is Variares 125R2F.
Dan has the hots for mf(h)variares ch120rf. Just ignore that part of his post and use whatever you would for attack, if you're experienced enough with it and it's a good combo, yeah.

If it's variares+bd145 just don't tell Dan. Or me either tbh.
Yeah, Ive noticed Variares BD145R2F is slow as derp.