"Build me a combo!" #2

Poll: yes or no

yes
0%
no
100.00%
Total: 100% 2 vote(s)
Can you list the top-tier list for hasbro or tell me where i could find it
There is a Hasbro Metagame thread list, but I don't think it's too good, personally...
(May. 16, 2012  2:00 AM)AquilaMaster Wrote: Can you list the top-tier list for hasbro or tell me where i could find it
Check the Hasbro metagame testing thread

(May. 16, 2012  12:01 AM)joseph317 Wrote:
(May. 15, 2012  11:53 PM)Fantomu Wrote:
(May. 15, 2012  11:47 PM)joseph317 Wrote: Exactly why i said "If you dont have some of these part then list your parts."

A Balance type beyblade is a beyblade with all 3 types. (attack, stamina, and defense)

Please read everything someone types out, so that way you can get full sense into your next post.

There is no such thing as a balance type. Same goes for you , read everything someone types out.

Ok, then what are these balance type things that people call a mix of all 3 beyblade types.

I'd explain it to you, if you want to know. Smile

First off, tell me of any such Balance combo that you have heard of/seen/played with that perfectly combines an three beyblade types.

OK, no need to think, as the answer is- There are simply no Beyblades that combine all of the three attributes perfectly.

To be honest, its a rather debatable issue. But going with the opinion of the majority of the members here, true balance types don't exist.
IMO, Hell Kerbecs BD145CS was the only combo which almost resembled a Balance type. It did combine certain the three attributes (which happened only after getting your CS worn to a certain degree). Still, it wasn't a highly effective combo...

But well, we certainly have beys that combine two beyblade types. But would you call that a Balance type? No. That is what we commonly refer to as hybrids.
We have certain Defense/Stamina hybrids, certain Attack/Stamina hybrids, and certain Defense /Attack hybrids.

Defense/Stamina hybrids are those, which are either-
1. Defense combos with improved Stamina.
2. Stamina combos with improved Defense.

Stamina/Attack hybrids are those, which are either-
1. Stamina types which hold the ability to KO the opponent (unto now, just Phantom has been capable of doing this, but it isn't too effective)
2. Attackers with improvised Stamina. Something that has been usually suggested to our Hasbro bladers. Remember how we use WF/XF/MF tips in place of RF/R2F for these people?

Defense/Attack hybrids are actually nothing but what we call anti-attack. They are actually aggressively moving Defense combos, which are meant ONLY to counter Attackers. Smile
(May. 16, 2012  10:32 AM)Janstarblast Wrote:
(May. 16, 2012  12:01 AM)joseph317 Wrote:
(May. 15, 2012  11:53 PM)Fantomu Wrote: There is no such thing as a balance type. Same goes for you , read everything someone types out.

Ok, then what are these balance type things that people call a mix of all 3 beyblade types.

First off, tell me of any such Balance combo that you have heard of/seen/played with that perfectly combines an three beyblade types.

Hell Kerbecs BD145CS
Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS
MF-H Basalt Kerbecs 230 CS/RR
MF-H Duo Aquario 230 MB

1) Defense. Where's the mic of all three?
2) Defense. Where's the mix of all three?
3) Defense and a little stamina (and what's RR?). Where's the mix of all three?
4) I classify it is Stamina. It beats Stamina and Defense combos with Stamina...sounds like a regualr stamina combo to me. And it has pretty bad defense as well, so how does that combine defense well? Where's the mix of all three?
(May. 16, 2012  12:39 PM)Zancrow Wrote: 1) Defense. Where's the mic of all three?
2) Defense. Where's the mix of all three?
3) Defense and a little stamina (and what's RR?). Where's the mix of all three?
4) I classify it is Stamina. It beats Stamina and Defense combos with Stamina...sounds like a regualr stamina combo to me. And it has pretty bad defense as well, so how does that combine defense well? Where's the mix of all three?

RR was meant to be RS
1. CS has a good stamina ability, MF-H Hell Kerbecs BD145 has good defense, and Hell can have some affect on working like an attack type.
2.CS is a stamina tip once again, MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145 has defense ans Basalt has good attack.
3. Basalt works well as an attack RS/CS will have stamina and defense.
4. I agree.
1.Janstarblast was the one who said that combo , brah.

2 and 3 , Basalt does not work well as an attack wheel. It is a decent anti-attack wheel , which is a heavy , round and no-recoil (or as close as possible) wheel with a RF on it.
E.G Basalt BD145RF / Diablo BD145RF. It just like smacking a heavy wheel right into an attacker's face.
Basalt_____ BD145RF is a very good attack.
Basalt_____ R145RF is a very good anti-metal.

Baslat is not just an anti-metal wheel it is an attack depending on the rest of the parts.
Lemme clear this up for everyone. Basically, there is NO perfect Balance type. Janstarblast stated it earlier, no bey can possess a perfect mix of all three and STILL do good against the metagame.

Example: Dark Bull H145SD and Rock Aries ED145B are Balance, but mostly contain Defense characteristics. Earth Eagle 145WD is balance, but includes mostly Stamina characteristics.

Stamina-Attack is almost impossible to make, and Attack-Defense is Anti-Meta combos, not Balance. You can make balance by combining Attack, Defense, and Stamina parts, but it is most likely going to be a horrible mix and not be efficient...

Bottomline, if you want balance, you can make it, but it's not gonna do good in today's metagame...
(May. 16, 2012  1:19 PM)joseph317 Wrote: Basalt_____ BD145RF is a very good attack.
Basalt_____ R145RF is a very good anti-metal.

Baslat is not just an anti-metal wheel it is an attack depending on the rest of the parts.

Dude ! Did you even read what I wrote there?
hi i have 4d beys:
scythe kronoos (only fusion wheel)
wing pegasis (ultimate dx set)
duo uranus
meteo l drago

what are the best combos to make. i also have a mb rf
(May. 16, 2012  1:20 PM)DefStamina88 Wrote: Lemme clear this up for everyone. Basically, there is NO perfect Balance type. Janstarblast stated it earlier, no bey can possess a perfect mix of all three and STILL do good against the metagame.

Example: Dark Bull H145SD and Rock Aries ED145B are Balance, but mostly contain Defense characteristics. Earth Eagle 145WD is balance, but includes mostly Stamina characteristics.

Stamina-Attack is almost impossible to make, and Attack-Defense is Anti-Meta combos, not Balance. You can make balance by combining Attack, Defense, and Stamina parts, but it is most likely going to be a horrible mix and not be efficient...

Bottomline, if you want balance, you can make it, but it's not gonna do good in today's metagame...

Oh no, those examples you gave, are certainly Balance types (according to TT), but they aren't Balance types according to WBO standards. Smile
And yes, what you said is completely correct. There aren't true Balance types in the game, and the ones which we have, are nothing but a bunch of mismatched parts put together. OK, lets take your example of a Dark Bull H145SD to explain this. Dark is considered to be a highly outclassed Defense wheel according to WBO. So lets consider Dark as a Defense part. H145 is obviously an Attack part. SD is a Stamina tip. What you get-

Dark- Defense
H145- Attack
SD- Stamina

Now, does this combine the three attributes? Yes it does (only for namesake, though).
Use this bey in a Beybattle against anything. You will fail in an epic fashion, because-
Dark is a rather outclassed Defense wheel, so don't expect any Defense from it. But that's not what I want to prove. So, assume that Dark is a top-tier Defense wheel. Now, this top tier Defense wheel is on an SD (Stamina tip). We all know how easy it is to KO a WD/SD combo, so this would go for a toss.
This shows that this combo has no Defense

Now, lets consider Stamina. Being a top tier Defense wheel*, Dark certainly has some amounts of Stamina, no? SD is top tier for Stamina. So, you'd expect this combo to have good Stamina. But, its on an H145 spin track! H145 has massive amounts of recoil, which a low-grip SD tip can never handle. So, this combo's Stamina would be wrecked (courtesy H145), and it would also be KOed without much problem.
This shows that this combo has no Stamina

Now lets take Attack. Dark is a Defense wheel*, and has simply no good contact points, so it wouldn't attack at all. But why worry? You have a superb attack track like H145! That's what you'd think, no? But well, its the Metal Wheel which is the most important for an Attack combo. A spin track should only provide it the required height, and even certain added benefits (if it can). It should not be the whole and sole part that can Attack. If that'd happen, your Attacker would suck. Now for the SD tip. Its low-grip(i.e. it won't handle recoil well), doesn't move around at all (which simply means that your Attack combo would simply sit in the center of the stadium..... Quite ironic, no?)
This shows that this combo has no Attack

Hence proved! (Tongue_out)

What are we left with then? Nothing. This combo has NOTHING. So can we call it a simple mismatch of parts, and not "AN AWSUM BAALANSE TYP"?

*remember, I said that we are assuming things here.

joseph- See, Basalt ____ BD145RF is supposed to be an anti-attack too. It is, by no means, an Attacker. As I said earlier, anti-attack is a very loosely associated sub-category of Defense.
Actually, it behaves like a Defense type, but due to the BeyWiki definition of Defense (according to which a Defense type does not move around, but stays in the center), people usually confuse anti-attack with Attack types (even when the very name of the type of combo is the exact opposite of Attack, i.e. anti-attack).

Now, basic structure of an anti-attack combo- A heavy Defense wheel on an aggressive (attack) track-tip setup.

Ok now that i have thought it through i realize what i was trying to say was that a beyblade can consist of all 3 types but one will be greater than the other.

whats a good combo with l drago or gravity perseus
(May. 16, 2012  9:13 PM)The Blader97 Wrote: whats a good combo with l drago or gravity perseus

Gravity Perseus R145 RF/R2F

Witch L-Drago.

Actually Gravity Perseus D125/S130/R145RF/R2F
"L-Drago" combos:
Spin Equalizer: Meteo L-Drago 100/CH120 WD/EWD
Attack: Lightning L-Drago (upper mode) 85/90/100/CH120/D125/H145/BD145 RF/R2F/LRF

Not sure about L-Drago Guardian/Destroy combos...
What is better for a BD145 defense combo CS or RDF?
i made a new beyblade[img]rose.png[/img]
@ Thunder Dome Either is a top tier choice but CS provides more stamina while RDF gives more pure defense.
Then I will use CS instead of buying another beyblade.
(May. 16, 2012  9:24 PM)Crab Commando Wrote: "L-Drago" combos:
Spin Equalizer: Meteo L-Drago 100/CH120 WD/EWD
Attack: Lightning L-Drago (upper mode) 85/90/100/CH120/D125/H145/BD145 RF/R2F/LRF

Not sure about L-Drago Guardian/Destroy combos...

This seems to be a great Guardian/Destroy combo right now BD145RDF not sure the category its pretty much a spin equalizing defensive bey. It wins tournaments and beat Kei!
Re: The balance discussion: MF-H Duo ___ 230MB is listed as balance for a reason. While it is predominantly a stamina type it is significantly harder to KO than most stamina types, can even be used to KO stuff with the right launch, and the true classification of it is a Wobbler. You can't always describe everything in the usual four terms, you guys need to be more aware of previous generations in terms of what could be possible for MFB.

Honestly, we should have a whole lot more things listed as balance on the competitive combos list, but with the amount of hassle it takes to get it updated, most of us are more focussed on that, rather than nitpicking classifications, as that would entail extremely lengthy discussions. It's not ideal that we have to settle for how it is, but we do. Heck - there are a couple of combos that could *probably* go up there still (don't hold me to that, though, I'm a little out of date on MFB performance at the moment), and in the past certainly a huge number of combinations that should have gone up there have missed out, but we can't really change the past now. Honestly, the conception that there are no balance types (which if I recall correctly was something I myself once said, regrettably) is partly related to how "unfriendly" the competitive combos list has been to them in the past (MLD CH120XF, Libra BD145MF and Basalt TH170/230MF/WF all come to mind as combinations that "missed out").

As for some other points: Attack-Stamina: MF-F Phantom Cancer AD145MF, and even RF wins by outspin fairly regularly. Flash can do it to a lesser extent but it's aggression results in primarily attack-type behaviour on metal flat. Attack-Stamina is one of the two more common Balance setups out there, and is very common in Plastics and HMS. Both types require similar weight distribution and as such are a decent mix, with the right wheel.

It is also entirely possible to have a beyblade that is equal in all three types, and theoretically it would be possible for one to excel in all three: Phantom AD145MF again could probably do it were it also heavy enough to have good defense. It isn't possible with current parts and anything that did that would be banned immediately for being overpowered, however, it is not an impossible thing by any stretch. There's certainly the possibility of a beyblade that is equally poor at everything with current parts, Midnight ___ 105MS has no attack, stamina or defense, and while it might be an aggressive MW it won't KO anything, outspin anything, or take a hit. So, technically, it is roughly an equal balance of all three types. MF Libra BD145MF was fairly equally good at all three things back when it worked. Hell BD145CS, well, it never managed to be good at all three things at once but with the right CS you could balance all three evenly, but generally it was better to be more focussed. Basalt BD145CS was very close to being that, with the right CS, even if it seemed more defensive it was certainly possible to use its weight to bludgeon a whole range of things out of the ring, but the overwhelming defensive prowess it packed generally overshadowed most things. Still, it was extremely close (and in retrospect, most of us agree that it should have been banned for being too powerful).

Obviously, Defense and Stamina are hard to separate in general, because they are both "passive" types, winning through staying in the ring and outspinning the opponent, whereas attack wins by KO. So, Defense-Stamina hybrids are extremely common, the two sit on a spectrum rather than being distinct and we place two arbitrary lines based on nothing but our own opinion as to where we think the types become "pure". This is why there are so many hybrids.

The one hybrid that is less common is Defense-Attack, as they aim to do completely different things and share almost no traits. However, things like basalt BD145RF (which joseph said was attack- no, it really, really, really isn't attack), duo bd145RF, Diablo BD145RF, and other Defense setups on RF, are a mix. These mixes always lean closer to defense though, as the one part of them that is sufficiently aggressive also has defensive traits.

So, yes it is certainly possible to have all three types equally present in one beyblade and it is quite common for a beyblade to be equally good at two things, or to suck equally at all three. It would be possible for a beyblade to excel in all three things, and there have been beys that mix all three roughly equally and been "good", but if anything actually excelled at all three types (and that is definitely possible), it would be banned until it didn't ruin the metagame.

Klaus - Bleh, it's really not going to outspin anything worthwhile on RDF. It's not a bad combo but yeah, meh.

Janstarblast: Well, as I said technically a beyblade that is equally poor at everything IS a balance type - but generally we call it "junk". Dark Bull (stock) is basically balanced in everything by being useless at everything, too.