[Blog]  Beyblade Fanfics Club/Discussions/Random Thoughts

when the villain wins the final battle *insert "wait that's illegal meme"*
(Feb. 15, 2022  6:18 PM)The Blacknight Wrote: So as y'all may know, i have a knack for making 1 chapter of a fanfiction, and never touching it again. That's like my thing. So I've been trying to make another one, and get the whole thing done before posting it, so people who like it don't have to read one chapter and never touch it again. Essentially, I'm looking for a co-writer or two, so I don't have to write all the chapters, thus making it easier for me to finish my part of the job. Also, I feel like the first chapter needs to be heavily edited, so I've been working on that instead of finishing the rest. So ig this is a plea for help, as not only that I'd like to have other writing styles in there, cuz I don't normally write in the tone in which I'm writing this story, especially since this one is a bit dark, but because of the forum, I'm trying to keep it as light as possible, resulting in some weird language choices lol. so if anyone is interested, dm me, and ill send the word doc over and we can brainstorm ideas and stuff.
I *could* help with that but I'm already with 3 on my back, with only 1 of these being totally mine. So I guess I'm going to politely say no.
Btw, you could use a thread for all your fics instead of throw away threads, that way you can keep things a bit cleaner.
About the fics itself, maybe try planning out (and script maybe) the whole plot before releasing the fic? That way if it fails you can just not post it and nobody will know.
(Oct. 03, 2021  4:09 AM)kai edits Wrote: So with me leaving most likely for good I will choose one of you keep my fanfic alive and have better writing. So be aware of a message in the wbo discord server.

Yeah so I only got a few more days until something happens so who wants my fanfic
(Feb. 15, 2022  7:02 PM)DJCAT8608 Wrote: when the villain wins the final battle *insert "wait that's illegal meme"*

Lui is indignant at your ignorance.

Jokes aside though, it's not a bad plot twist if you have enough room to continue the plot after the protagonist's defeat, and are committed to keep the focus on the (mostly) same cast of characters. Burst God did exactly that and it turned out well, though repeat it too many times and it loses meaning/becomes a meme like in Pokémon. It's your choice, and it adds a bit of realism to your protagonist, where just because they're putting their all into winning doesn't mean they get to actually win.
Random Question, What do you think makes a bad OC?
(Mar. 18, 2022  1:07 AM)SacredXcalibur Wrote: Random Question, What do you think makes a bad OC?

One that is just lifeless.

Examples of this are the following

1. No actual personality, just a generic "Wants to be the best" OC or something along those lines. In all honesty this is fine but i feel OC's need more than just that to be apart of their character, we've seen that too many times in Burst and in Beyblade in general.
2. Lazily written. This one speaks for itself.
3. Again lifeless which is not a fun character to read at all.
4. Too op. i know of a few certain fanfictions but i'm not going to say any names because they know who they are, where the main OC is super OP.

this is about all i could come up with, i'm sure there are more but these are my main nitpicks.
deleted post

(Mar. 18, 2022  1:25 AM)DeltaZakuro Wrote:
(Mar. 18, 2022  1:07 AM)SacredXcalibur Wrote: Random Question, What do you think makes a bad OC?

One that is just lifeless.

Examples of this are the following

1. No actual personality, just a generic "Wants to be the best" OC or something along those lines. In all honesty this is fine but i feel OC's need more than just that to be apart of their character, we've seen that too many times in Burst and in Beyblade in general.
2. Lazily written. This one speaks for itself.
3. Again lifeless which is not a fun character to read at all.
4. Too op. i know of a few certain fanfictions but i'm not going to say any names because they know who they are, where the main OC is super OP.

this is about all i could come up with, i'm sure there are more but these are my main nitpicks.

Strongly Agree
I'm thinking. Now that DB has officially concluded and Story Of Lanes Sister will end with its 3rd and final season, i'm thinking of doing a DB2/BU Fanfiction. Just sounds like something that would be interesting.

Hm, that's a good question.

1) Too much focus on them, and too little on the rest of the OCs/canon characters. That just makes them stick out like an eyesore everytime they appear, which is certainly not what you should be going for.
2) Turning their identity into their whole personality makes them far too one-dimensional and boring to follow, same with making their one singular goal the focus of every thing they do.
3) Replicating the same concept in the same story is a one-way ticket to a bad OC. Two characters sharing one or two main traits is fine, but the exact same personality? Not so much.

I can't think of much else that can ruin a whole character by itself, but these I think are the main signs of a badly written OC.
Hears a good question what makes a bad series, in my honest opinion GT was kinda boring for me, when I go to Walmart there’s a Beyblade there and it’s always a GT bey, I didn’t really understand some episodes some times and yeah, I just wanna hear your opinion about this
Thread for my BU Story is currently in my drafts, i'll have it up and posted by late July. I have a pretty interesting idea for it.
Here’s my idea for the first of a MFB styled Burst. Should I make it into a full series?

The Local Tournament
(Apr. 21, 2022  1:38 AM)GHero Wrote: Here’s my idea for the first of a MFB styled Burst. Should I make it into a full series?

The Local Tournament

Love the premise. I’d say go for it
Id like when would you start the series?
So felt like bringing back this thread since I now have a new fanfic Beyblade Burst Explosion hopefully we begin to see a resurgence of fanfics again (good ones too) (please go read it is actually decent)

I would like to welcome anyone to come read my fanfic Beyblade Burst Explosion! I would really appreciate ratings/reviews of first episode please! Thank you!
I’m inviting everyone to check out my new fanfic…
Beyblade Burst Explosion!
Has 4 new episodes!
Check it out today!
Also Ratings would be appreciated!
Thank You!
The story has been canceled because I am not satisfied with the way the story planned out instead I’ll come up with a new fanfic (one I won’t abandon) so I can have a fresh start. 

I had this one neat idea for a fanfic in mind. The main premise I have down is just it takes place a good couple years after Dynamite Battle, many of the old cast are retired and/or doing something else at this point. Giving forth a completely original cast, although some are disciples of previous characters. I don't got a whole lot written down, just a basic setting and some characters. I kinda just want the whole theme of the story just being about legacy and the overall impact people (in this case, former legends) have on others in the future without knowing it. I just wanna see what y'all think about it, if you want I could go over some basic ideas I have for characters.
My fan fiction is Called Beyblade Burst Phyconorac and its about teen aged boy named Leroy who after his grandfather died recieved a beyblade called Super Leagueious after 25 battles it starts winning new pieces from other beyblades and eventually it breaks and he uses its pieces and others pieces to create a Phyconorac burst bey which can swap in between forms and abilities with just a glare but it causes serious injury to the user so it can only happen 3 times every 3 battles Leroys rival is named Billy. His beyblade is called Duchess Beutious the only bey that can stand up to Leros bey Billy Trained under Lui Sherosagis daughter Luis Sherosagi and her bey Omega Loroku while Leroy is trained by Frees son named Lord Sakuno their bey is called Rage Socuronas and they all train at the bey goma academy bey club -more on this Fan Fiction Soon

I will no longer do post on this thread since it’s not really active anymore
(Feb. 04, 2023  6:40 AM)Bey100 Wrote:
I will no longer do post on this thread since it’s not really active anymore

true
so would I be bad to bring this back Uncertain
So I know that this thread seemed kinda dead but I thought bringing it back would be a good way for Bey writers to interact again.
Fun Question: What makes a good or bad OC?
Since Im the creator of this thread and it's pinned: Im pretty sure pinned threads are allowed to be revived endlessly. After all, this place is for getting help and sharing your stories!

Excuse me for the lateness, I recently returned and only just noticed the question
I have a basic premise for a story I've been workshopping
I have a new concept that I like way more, will probably go deeper with this one. All the details below are tentative.

Beyblade XS (Access)