[Blog]  Beyblade Fanfics Club/Discussions/Random Thoughts

(Aug. 08, 2021  8:41 PM)Instarez Wrote: I have an idea for a community project. Basically I would make a fan fiction. The working name is Beyblade Burst Unity (because all of the writers are uniting.) Afterwards There would be a giant character contest. Every single character will be a submitted character. You can only have 1, but maybe 2 if there's a low amount of characters, however 1 to start. Afterwards when you get accepted, I'll DM you. This is where it gets interesting: your entire character is written by you and you alone.

You can combine ideas if you want, but that's not the main goal. Their development, beys, powers, and backstories will be decided by you. It'll probably be a bit hard, so I'm thinking of getting a team of writers to help. Of course there's no guarantee everyone's characters would be going to a tournament at the same time, but I can only hope things somewhat merge together.

By the way, about being specific. You can say that a character does to a tournament during a specific time and what rankings they get. However for the name of the tournament: if multiple people are written to go to a tournament at the same time, I'm going to make them go to the same tournament. Meaning there's one name. So if everyone has different names, I'll just pick one I like. This same principle goes for everything: specific names aren't guaranteed. One more thing, some parts could be changed. Say 2 people have the same character set to get second place, obviously that won't work, so I would have to make some adjustments.

So, how do we think about this? I think it would be fun to do.
Basically a giant collab with everyone writing their own characters on a new fic... Nice

I think that it would be very funny, but I think it's better if we communicate via fast-message platforms (Such as Discord), maybe even make a group/server for this thing, where everyone could debate about how it would work, plan the story, etc... 

Of course that needs time and some people doesn't have it.

What could go wrong? Actually, a lot of things. But it does aound very funny.
Schools starting and people have there own fanfics tho.... So it's still interesting!
@Hollowmind8 The idea is fun, it would probably be excruciatingly hard to execute though lol.

DeltaZakuro here's my mock up for rules regarding it, I think this way it won't be to long.
Every character has 3-4 arcs. Each one could just be a paragraph or two. It's a basic explanation of what they're doing. At the end you would have an Apex, a major event. For example, an Apex of an arc could be a tournament.

Here's a mock up
Johnny is poor and gets his Beyblade in the sewers. He works hard to get enough money to move to the city. He fights someone with a powerful attack bey, it ends in a draw, and they become rivals. Through them he finds out about a blading event. When training for the event, he runs into a blader with a defense type, they become friends. After facing a tough challenge he runs into a Legend Blader in the semifinals and loses. He then beats his aforementioned rival for 3rd place.

On it's own, this would be like, 5 Chapters, that's about the standard length you would be aiming for with one arc. Of course each chapter would focus on multiple people, but you get the point.
This sounds...pretty dang chaotic, but also quite interesting. If I can find the time for it before and during school, then I'm definitely in.
Until I'm sure about that, though...Instarez, do you have a thread for the fic and contest?
(Aug. 08, 2021  10:04 PM)PinkRose Wrote: This sounds...pretty dang chaotic, but also quite interesting. If I can find the time for it before and during school, then I'm definitely in.
Until I'm sure about that, though...Instarez, do you have a thread for the fic and contest?

Nah, it's just a concept. I won't create it until I have proper rules, and I see that enough people have actually agreed to be in it.
I just have to point out the amount of likes you sometimes can and sometimes cannot get for stories, pretty insane.
(Aug. 08, 2021  11:07 PM)Nitrogenic Wrote: I just have to point out the amount of likes you sometimes can and sometimes cannot get for stories, pretty insane.

Thats what I noticed too. All thoughts of popularity competition aside, I think there could be technical reasons for that. One big reason could be the lack of people following that story — its easy to have a lot people who view the first couple chapters/posts; and by the time youre almost done, theres only a couple loyal readers left

I personally dont mind it tbh
Here's a Unity mock up
So assuming this is generally how it will go, I have a quick question: Do we use existing motifs or can we use custom ones as well?
PinkRose doesn't matter. If you don't have the time to make a new character, just use one you've made before.

If you wanna help with the story you can DM me to get added to the Discord. It can be as big as a job as you make it. Add subjections or choose with submissions you like, or you can help with the main story.

Hmm.....I think I will make the thread

https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Fan-Fic...ty-Project
Made some more DB evolution Bey names. Anyone can use them, you just have to quote and credit me:

Crossbow Hercules

Court Joker

Jaw Leopard

Creation Genesis

Harbinger Apocalypse

Immortal Chaos

And an original name, same rules apply:

Straitjacket Cultist
Some users told me that for a meme/joke fic like the WBO Anime!, it somehow has better characterization and lore than most of the script fics here. Which is surprising to me because I add in in random plot points and most of the users I added in are acquaintances, so I dont know them in-depth (thus Im afraid they all sound the same personality-wise)

Minus Mystic, whose iconic harsh tone is a little easy to get right
Chapter 2 for my fanfic, Beyblade Burst Cosmic Fight is out!
Deleated Post
(Aug. 11, 2021  12:48 AM)LegendJustice Wrote: Which fan-fiction do you think is a little off? Or inappropriate for the WBO?

Beyblade Burst Resonance by far!
(Aug. 11, 2021  12:51 AM)GenesisBlader Wrote:
(Aug. 11, 2021  12:48 AM)LegendJustice Wrote: Which fan-fiction do you think is a little off? Or inappropriate for the WBO?

Beyblade Burst Resonance by far!

What do you mean that fanfic is good!

Just asking lol
(Aug. 11, 2021  12:52 AM)LegendJustice Wrote:
(Aug. 11, 2021  12:51 AM)GenesisBlader Wrote: Beyblade Burst Resonance by far!

What do you mean that fanfic is good!

Just asking lol
lol jk its pretty dope

hey all you WBO jits i need some help lol

could you all give meh some ideas for names?

Im not sure where youre going with this

I spoke with a WBO mod in the past and they said theres no age restrictions for fanfics aside from “no rated R/adult material.” This means theres no fanfic that is “inappropriate” unless it breaks WBO rules. Thus, you can have moderated violence and horror and action scenes, just as long as you tag appropriately (ex. I put lots of warnings for my Beyblade Horror Stories). 

In cases where WBO mods think youre heading towards inappropriate zone, theyll simply close the thread. It happened before

Going to be responsible here: Please step away from this topic. This thread doesnt need drama being started over potential witch hunts — if anyone finds a fanfic they think is adult/nsfw, I expect that they report it to the WBO staff. Not state names and links here. Name-calling publicly is just irresponsible imo
Sure! How about:

Enchanted Counter
(Aug. 11, 2021  12:58 AM)LegendJustice Wrote: Sure! How about:

Enchanted Counter

dang that sounds pretty poggers for a special move name

i'll keep it in mind
How would a beybalde school fanfic function? Multiple kinds of stadiums or something. And would all the classes be centered around it someway?
(Aug. 11, 2021  1:09 AM)DreamBlade Wrote: How would a beybalde school fanfic function? Multiple kinds of stadiums or something.  And would all the classes be centered around it someway?

i wish school was that cool hmm i think so
(Aug. 11, 2021  1:09 AM)DreamBlade Wrote: How would a beybalde school fanfic function? Multiple kinds of stadiums or something.  And would all the classes be centered around it someway?

Well, there’s a loooot of ways this could go. You can go the YGO GX route, where the students are divided into different stages/factions based on their scores and performance (or perhaps the type of their Bey?), and the school would mainly focus on teaching students all aspects of Blading; from posture to launching to strategizing to using the strengths and weaknesses of their Bey type, while also teaching them stuff like the history and evolution of Blading and other miscellaneous subjects like Phys Ed, Science, Japanese/English, etc.
Does anybody know how to edit the title of a fanfic thread?
(Aug. 17, 2021  7:29 PM)Dark red Wrote: Does anybody know how to edit the title of a fanfic thread?

Go to the first post of the Fanfic then Press the name of the Fic then change it into what you want