[Blog]  Beyblade Fanfics Club/Discussions/Random Thoughts

(May. 20, 2020  7:08 PM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: oh hey guys before i hit the search button

does anyone know if theres another Beyblade-related horror story thread here (or is planning to make one)?? Im in the mood for some reading

My "Beyblade Burst: Super Evolution" is gonna have some horror-like elements, but other than yours i don't know of any other Beyblade Horror fan fiction
(May. 20, 2020  7:17 PM)DeltaZakuro Wrote:
(May. 20, 2020  7:08 PM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: oh hey guys before i hit the search button

does anyone know if theres another Beyblade-related horror story thread here (or is planning to make one)?? Im in the mood for some reading

My "Beyblade Burst: Super Evolution" is gonna have some horror-like elements, but other than yours i don't know of any other Beyblade Horror fan fiction

Well then pls  POSTPOSTPOST soon.
To be safe i put a warning on the Super Evolution thread, just so i don't scar the younger readers
(May. 14, 2020  1:14 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: Did you ever think about why your fanfic might not be getting recognition? I have some obvious reasons I can share as a writer, but I dont want to offend anyone in case theres unwarranted harshness

Theyre general reasons, really

Can you please tell me? I myself have a fan fic which only had 1 other person post on it.
(May. 20, 2020  8:51 PM)Xtend+ Wrote:
(May. 14, 2020  1:14 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: Did you ever think about why your fanfic might not be getting recognition? I have some obvious reasons I can share as a writer, but I dont want to offend anyone in case theres unwarranted harshness

Theyre general reasons, really

Can you please tell me? I myself have a fan fic which only had 1 other person post on it.

I will be blunt here since this is a fanfic-discussion thread and people are allowed to criticize upon request:

* Lack of spacing. When starting a new dialogue (the " " things when people talk), you start a new paragraph by pressing "enter" on the keyboard. As far as I see it, you chucked all dialogue into multiple huge paragraphs, which makes it hard to keep track of who is who. Thats why people leave threads and decide to look for something else to read on WBO

* Unoriginal character. The protagonist in your story is just like any other Blader 193719731 unexperienced writers wrote about on WBO. Theyre the typical happy guy who likes to Blade and find an opponent. Im not saying yoiu should restart your character, but you really have to work on making them more interesting. Im pretty sure people here would love to read about someone different, so challenge yourself to see how far you can go

* The dialogue seems lifeless. Characters dont really say anything interesting and all I can imagine is that they have the same voice. Its just " 3 2 1" and Beyblade talk and nothing else, really

Sorry if this seems a little too tough, but this is the constructive criticism you asked for. Your choice to treat it seriously or not at all, but its there sinced you asked
Fan Fics aren't honestly meant for recognition, it is just a little bonus.
(May. 20, 2020  10:27 PM)Nitrogenic Wrote: Fan Fics aren't honestly meant for recognition, it is just a little bonus.

Im actually glad youre treating this as a for-fun thing. But still, there are some butthurt people who are complaining why the heck their works arent recognized. And theres the cool crowd who genuinely wants to learn how to write better, and thats fine
If anything I post mine here just in case someone wants to see it. If no one does, idk cause its more fun for me to write it rather than bask in the amount of popularity my story gets.
Okay, so I asked this before on another website but I would also like some from the WBO members (ignore if you dont read my Horror Stories):

What type of stories should I write for my Horror Stories thread? Just asking for a reference. I am close to done republishing everything up but I wanna write something people are interested in reading and looking forward too. Im not looking for specific ideas (since that kinda defeats the purpose of horror stories) --- just suggest characters, themes, etc
(May. 24, 2020  1:34 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: Okay, so I asked this before on another website but I would also like some from the WBO members (ignore if you dont read my Horror Stories):

What type of stories should I write for my Horror Stories thread? Just asking for a reference. I am close to done republishing everything up but I wanna write something people are interested in reading and looking forward too. Im not looking for specific ideas (since that kinda defeats the purpose of horror stories) --- just suggest characters, themes, etc
Toko, Nika, Ryota, and Kit! The Younglings of BeyBurst lol
(May. 24, 2020  1:39 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(May. 24, 2020  1:34 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: Okay, so I asked this before on another website but I would also like some from the WBO members (ignore if you dont read my Horror Stories):

Toko, Nika, Ryota, and Kit! The Younglings of BeyBurst lol

Dont worry, I have a short ready for younglings like Nika and Toko. And its not very pretty. I hope to write more about them in the future, however, since my readers like how I write them

(off-note: I also asked here because I have had fangirls privately messaging me suggestions like "DO NOT DO BAD THINGS TO SHUU" and now its pointless to ask for their opinions)
(May. 24, 2020  1:42 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote:
(May. 24, 2020  1:39 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Toko, Nika, Ryota, and Kit! The Younglings of BeyBurst lol

Dont worry, I have a short ready for younglings like Nika and Toko. And its not very pretty. I hope to write more about them in the future, however, since my readers like how I write them

(off-note: I also asked here because I have had fangirls privately messaging me suggestions like "DO NOT DO BAD THINGS TO SHUU" and now its pointless to ask for their opinions)
Report them and see if they do it again lol
(May. 24, 2020  1:42 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote:
(May. 24, 2020  1:39 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Toko, Nika, Ryota, and Kit! The Younglings of BeyBurst lol

The fangirls might target me next after Super Evolution, just due to whats going to happen to him at the end of the series
(May. 24, 2020  1:51 AM)DeltaZakuro Wrote:
(May. 24, 2020  1:42 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: Dont worry, I have a short ready for younglings like Nika and Toko. And its not very pretty. I hope to write more about them in the future, however, since my readers like how I write them

The fangirls might target me next after Super Evolution, just due to whats going to happen to him at the end of the series
Not unless you post it on Wattpad. That place is full of Shu fangirls.
(May. 24, 2020  1:51 AM)DeltaZakuro Wrote:
(May. 24, 2020  1:42 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: Dont worry, I have a short ready for younglings like Nika and Toko. And its not very pretty. I hope to write more about them in the future, however, since my readers like how I write them

Report button NOW

I mean surprisingly these fangirls still whine despite Shu being apparently mind-tortured (or at least has a hard life) in the show quite often. Bad things have been happening to Shu since the dawn of Burst
I am making 2 new fanfics

-beyblade:the story of crusades
-Beyblade burst:Unbreakable Chains

they will be different from my other fan fics

(nah ill make if im good enough or finished some things)
Those are actually some pretty cool titles. Speaking of which, cool titles actually intrigue me. Most fanfics on WBO prefer to follow the series’ tradition of naming seasons — for example, Beyblade Burst one word). I think Im just being quite dumb but when most fanfics do this, it kinda clutters up every fanfic and “original” fanfics get lost in the wave of familiar titles. Unique sounding titles pique my interest once in a while, so good job, daheavydl3

Of course, its a different story when the title is interesting but the story quality doesnt reflect that
I think I outdid myself in the latest Super Evolution episode....
(May. 25, 2020  2:02 AM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: I think I outdid myself in the latest Super Evolution episode....

In terms of?
(May. 25, 2020  2:07 AM)Nitrogenic Wrote:
(May. 25, 2020  2:02 AM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: I think I outdid myself in the latest Super Evolution episode....

In terms of?

The final moments of the episode
Heya guys. Im not sure how off-topic this would be on my own thread, but Im going to announce something: Im deciding whether or not I should draw some simple hatching (drawing via parallel lines for shading and texturing -- it is NOT anime style) headshot/bust-sized artworks of your Blader OCs and fanfics. I thought that maybe I could open up a thread to draw Bladers so you can attach to your fanfiction thread, so that readers can see what they look like, etc.. It seems fun to draw a character or two

Maybe in black and white like below? Maybe I can improvise and put in color for the hair and eyes. Idk. Anything you feel like would help readers see your characters in your fanfiction clearly!

I might not make a thread since Im busy drawing human characters somewhere else, and I feel like I might accurately draw your characters correctly. I wouldnt say Im open right now, but Im welcome to draw fanfic and Blader art for a couple of people I know 

Also my art isnt very good so Im shy

Examples for references (One character belongs to someone else on another site, one is my profile pic on another site):

[Image: latest?cb=20200526183146][Image: latest?cb=20200522040951]
Your art is pretty good! It’s much much much better than what I can do. I’d say go for it, but have rules set in stone. You also might have to be slightly strict in the thread so that: 1. You don’t have a really long list of requests, and 2. The thread isn’t an utter mess.
(May. 26, 2020  7:41 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Your art is pretty good! It’s much much much better than what I can do. I’d say go for it, but have rules set in stone. You also might have to be slightly strict in the thread so that: 1. You don’t have a really long list of requests, and 2. The thread isn’t an utter mess.

of course, thanks for the suggestion. Ill think about whether I should make a thread for this or not

Speaking of which, I need verification for the following ideas:

* Should I only accept "verified" fanfictions on here? The word is in quotes since I dont have a better description for fanfics that are legitimate and long-running, as well as containing well-rounded OCs and are written by dedicated users. I want to prevent spam requests from fanfics that only last 2 posts or are horribly written

* Theres this rule on other websites I implement called "Be Specific." Meaning, I dislike having to start over 20 minutes -- 1+ hours of effort because I didnt draw something-something or didnt make your hair correct. I might take it out since I know that people are complicated to draw, and I will put in effort to make your Blader OCs the way you imagine them in your fanfics

Thoughts concerning these points?
(May. 26, 2020  7:48 PM)XSabxManiacX Wrote:
(May. 26, 2020  7:41 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Your art is pretty good! It’s much much much better than what I can do. I’d say go for it, but have rules set in stone. You also might have to be slightly strict in the thread so that: 1. You don’t have a really long list of requests, and 2. The thread isn’t an utter mess.

of course, thanks for the suggestion. Ill think about whether I should make a thread for this or not

Speaking of which, I need verification for the following ideas:

* Should I only accepted "verified" fanfictions on here? The word is in quotes since I dont have a better description for fanfics that are legitimate and long-running, as well as containing well-rounded OCs and are written by dedicated users. I want to prevent spam requests from fanfics that only last 2 posts or are horribly written

* Theres this rule on other websites I implement called "Be Specific." Meaning, I dislike having to start over 20 minutes -- 1+ hours of effort because I didnt draw something something. I might take it out since I know that people are complicated to draw, and I will put in effort to make your Blader OCs the way you imagine them in your fanfics

Thoughts concerning these points?

I 100% agree with both points. You shouldn’t waste your time drawing characters for someone who’ll write a chapter or two, then give up.
Alright, came back and made a choice. Seems pretty quick, I know

Definitely wont put up a thread for it. Ill either PM certain users asking if I could draw their OC, or wait until someone DMs. Im leaning towards the former, however. For those who know who you are, Ill definitely attempt to draw your Blader character since your fanfics are something to behold