[Blog]  Beyblade Fanfics Club/Discussions/Random Thoughts

(May. 27, 2020  1:18 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: Alright, came back and made a choice. Seems pretty quick, I know

Definitely wont put up a thread for it. Ill either PM certain users asking if I could draw their OC, or wait until someone DMs. Im leaning towards the former, however. For those who know who you are, Ill definitely attempt to draw your Blader character since your fanfics are something to behold
I think that’s a great idea. Only draw for those of your choice without publicly denying those that you do not wish to draw for.

@XSabxManiacX drew Roan! I think it looks amazing! 10/10!
[Image: 42ydxz]
Um is the image working? Not on my side at least

Roan the iconic (and everywhere) Blader! Drawn by me

Here:

[Image: zqSwno6.png]
(May. 27, 2020  4:27 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: Um is the image working? Not on my side at least

Roan the iconic (and everywhere) Blader! Drawn by me

Here:

[Image: zqSwno6.png]
Wow! It looks amazing! You really didn’t have to do all of that! I can’t wait to see which character you do next! Smile
This is a rather nice thread, one of the most actually constructive ones here. I've been considering writing another Beyblade short story, but based on my already existing world. It would be odd for sure, as the world is a place of horrors and misery filled with nothing but power hungry monsters and evils, but I can absolutely see a few characters more than entertained by the idea of spinning tops. Just because one is a villain doesn't mean they'd be exempt from enjoying something basic, especially with such a competitive vibe around it.
Roan looks a bit like one of SabXManiac's previous pfp's, idk if you should do mine cause I am imagining him a bit like me and complicated. Still great work!
(May. 27, 2020  11:53 AM)Mr. Palazzo Wrote: This is a rather nice thread, one of the most actually constructive ones here. I've been considering writing another Beyblade short story, but based on my already existing world. It would be odd for sure, as the world is a place of horrors and misery filled with nothing but power hungry monsters and evils, but I can absolutely see a few characters more than entertained by the idea of spinning tops. Just because one is a villain doesn't mean they'd be exempt from enjoying something basic, especially with such a competitive vibe around it.

Yep, I sure aimed for this thread to be quite constructive. Im not sure how different this thread would be if it were handled by a new user with a non-legit fanfiction, but that doesnt exist quite yet so no worried!  Anyway, I like the ideas you have right now for your future short story. The idea itself already intrigues me.  As well as that, Beyblade in-universe boggles me just as much as anyone else -- everyone is super duper serious with it! And if the previous series taught us anything, even religion and the past influenced by a spinning top

---

Nitrogenic Its the fact theyre theyre both brown-haired boys, isnt it? Lol. The dude in my previous profile picture is just one of my original characters for a story of mine. I figured I should probably change it since the murder artwork might make others uncomfortable (hey, theres now a cute kitty cat staring at a fishbowl!). Ill think about drawing for your character or not, but thats ultimately up to me. I might be busy today or later
Okay, so I think its blatantly obvious now, but Im currently going around and drawing Blader characters for free. These characters belong to writers who appear to put in decent effort into their stories and readers who I like reading from (again, a disclaimer: there is no unfair discrimination and I dont hate some of you — Im not willing to make art for users who barely last a chapter or have bad story grammar. Its like appreciative fanart)

With the disclaimer above, some users may find that I have PMed them a message titled “Character” (you hit bingo once you see me send that). This means Im going around and asking them first. Im not too sure about users messaging me instead of the other way around

Idk what you guys do with your fanart from me, but feel free to showcase them on your fanfiction thread or publish elsewhere with explicit credit. Or keep the, in a Google Docs or something. I really dont mind

For those who I already messaged — you are welcome to ask me again whenever. A lot of people here dont have much to give me in return, so Im welcomed to do things for free

As of now, I can only draw headshots. Ill see if I can draw actions or fullbody or so
(May. 30, 2020  3:07 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: Okay, so I think its blatantly obvious now, but Im currently going around and drawing Blader characters for free. These characters belong to writers who appear to put in decent effort into their stories and readers who I like reading from (again, a disclaimer: there is no unfair discrimination and I dont hate some of you — Im not willing to make art for users who barely last a chapter or have bad story grammar. Its like appreciative  fanart)

With the disclaimer above, some users may find that I have PMed them a message titled “Character” (you hit bingo once you see me send that). This means Im going around and asking them first. Im not too sure about users messaging me instead of the other way around

Idk what you guys do with your fanart from me, but feel free to showcase them on your fanfiction thread or publish elsewhere with explicit credit. Or keep the, in a Google Docs or something. I really dont mind

For those who I already messaged — you are welcome to ask me again whenever. A lot of people here dont have much to give me in return, so Im welcomed to do things for me

As of now, I can only draw headshots. Ill see if I can draw actions or fullbody or so

I think it’s amazing that you’re doing it in the first place! I don’t know how you balance both school, other social medias, and drawing other people’s characters lol.
(May. 30, 2020  3:11 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(May. 30, 2020  3:07 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: Okay, so I think its blatantly obvious now, but Im currently going around and drawing Blader characters for free. These characters belong to writers who appear to put in decent effort into their stories and readers who I like reading from (again, a disclaimer: there is no unfair discrimination and I dont hate some of you — Im not willing to make art for users who barely last a chapter or have bad story grammar. Its like appreciative  fanart)

For those who I already messaged — you are welcome to ask me again whenever. A lot of people here dont have much to give me in return, so Im welcomed to do things for me

I think it’s amazing that you’re doing it in the first place! I don’t know how you balance both school, other social medias, and drawing other people’s characters lol.

Very easy: On days where I should be writing some more Beyblade stories, I waste that time for other junk
(May. 30, 2020  3:13 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote:
(May. 30, 2020  3:11 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: I think it’s amazing that you’re doing it in the first place! I don’t know how you balance both school, other social medias, and drawing other people’s characters lol.

Very easy: On days where I should be writing some more Beyblade stories, I waste that time for other junk
For me, I always try to do school work, but then I get a PM or notification, and then, a few hours have gone by. I really need to get better at that lol
(May. 30, 2020  3:15 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(May. 30, 2020  3:13 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: Very easy: On days where I should be writing some more Beyblade stories, I waste that time for other junk
For me, I always try to do school work, but then I get a PM or notification, and then, a few hours have gone by. I really need to get better at that lol

Don't we all?
(May. 30, 2020  10:48 PM)Nitrogenic Wrote:
(May. 30, 2020  3:15 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: For me, I always try to do school work, but then I get a PM or notification, and then, a few hours have gone by. I really need to get better at that lol

Don't we all?

To be honest I just do all my schoolwork and then Im left with hours to do my own thing, like slice apples and write stories and draw stuff, etc. People wonder how I used to update my stories so often! Now I dont because writing can get boring. Also, it feels good to do all my schoolwork first, but that explanation/story is for something like the LTAS thread I made so I wont elaborate further
Yare Yare Daze... I have a Pet Peeve....

Dont you hate it when people try to get you put a certain request in a series but its not possible due to how you made your series
(May. 31, 2020  7:57 PM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: Yare Yare Daze... I have a Pet Peeve....

Dont you hate it when people try to get you put a certain request in a series but its not possible due to how you made your series

Hmmmmm. *looks at beyblade burst diamond thread*. This sounds familiar...
(May. 31, 2020  8:03 PM)GreenK9148 Wrote:
(May. 31, 2020  7:57 PM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: Yare Yare Daze... I have a Pet Peeve....

Hmmmmm. *looks at beyblade burst diamond thread*. This sounds familiar...
It should, that's what I was referring to
(May. 20, 2020  9:21 PM)XSabxManiacX Wrote:
(May. 20, 2020  8:51 PM)Xtend+ Wrote: Can you please tell me? I myself have a fan fic which only had 1 other person post on it.

I will be blunt here since this is a fanfic-discussion thread and people are allowed to criticize upon request:

* Lack of spacing. When starting a new dialogue (the " " things when people talk), you start a new paragraph by pressing "enter" on the keyboard. As far as I see it, you chucked all dialogue into multiple huge paragraphs, which makes it hard to keep track of who is who. Thats why people leave threads and decide to look for something else to read on WBO

* Unoriginal character. The protagonist in your story is just like any other Blader 193719731 unexperienced writers wrote about on WBO. Theyre the typical happy guy who likes to Blade and find an opponent. Im not saying yoiu should restart your character, but you really have to work on making them more interesting. Im pretty sure people here would love to read about someone different, so challenge yourself to see how far you can go

* The dialogue seems lifeless. Characters dont really say anything interesting and all I can imagine is that they have the same voice. Its just " 3 2 1" and Beyblade talk and nothing else, really

Sorry if this seems a little too tough, but this is the constructive criticism you asked for. Your choice to treat it seriously or not at all, but its there sinced you asked

Oh ok thanks! I'll try to change it up.
unpopular opinion

i enjoy Beyblade OCs having random moments in WBO Beyblade fanfics. Half the time theyre forcibly written to be a Blader so theyre mostly invested in either practicing, finding an opponent, wandering around the world, etc. and/or all of the above

I appreciate it if they can be normal people and have a small funny argument with a friend or sibling about something off topic. Or a birthday celebration chapter. Or something that isnt Beyblade-related. I dont mind reading a slice-of-life chapter or two

But ESPECIALLY dont make your characters lifeless. In chapters that are apart of the main series, dont make them talk and think about Beyblade 24/7. You can go as small as have them visit their favorite food shop or movie theater

they like more than Beyblade yknow
Oh, one pet peeve for me is... When the main character always is super powerful and always has to win the match. Like, what's the point? You can just be like: "Oh and (insert name) fights the world champion (insert name) and wins!" The series can end right there.
(Jun. 03, 2020  8:16 PM)GreenK9148 Wrote: Oh, one pet peeve for me is... When the main character always is super powerful and always has to win the match. Like, what's the point? You can just be like: "Oh and (insert name) fights the world champion (insert name) and wins!" The series can end right there.

Yes, I agree. I mean, taking in with the winning patterns in all anime shows, battles start to become somewhat predictable and you can automatically tell who is going to win (plot armor). As well as that, a common method of winning is just use a special move and then youre done
(Jun. 03, 2020  8:24 PM)XSabxManiacX Wrote:
(Jun. 03, 2020  8:16 PM)GreenK9148 Wrote: Oh, one pet peeve for me is... When the main character always is super powerful and always has to win the match. Like, what's the point? You can just be like: "Oh and (insert name) fights the world champion (insert name) and wins!" The series can end right there.

Yes, I agree. I mean, taking in with the winning patterns in all anime shows, battles start to become somewhat predictable and you can automatically tell who is going to win (plot armor). As well as that, a common method of winning is just use a special move and then youre done

Yeah, but unlike the anime. Fanfictions don't really have anything to advertise. So, it just makes it worse; winning all the time.
Taking that point in mind, a new opinion: Some people are really that entitled and wants to show that their OC is the strongest Blader or something, idk

Its not fun reading every chapter and knowing theyre gonna get their way
Sometimes, main characters don't even have character development. (which is why I 【and nitrogenic】tried to include it in the latest chapter in my fanfic).
(Jun. 03, 2020  8:58 PM)GreenK9148 Wrote: Sometimes, main characters don't even have character development. (which is why I tried to include it in the latest chapter in my fanfic
We* Tongue_out
Too bad mine dont because I kill them off at the end of most of my stories! Or something bad happens to them!
Wow, first post in years o_o

When I think about things I don't like about Beyblade fics...I get flashbacks when the original series first came out and I would come across fics that had female versions of the Bladebreakers. Usually said female versions and the Bladebreakers fall in love with each other lol I guess my issue is literal carbon copies of actual characters?

Speaking of fanfics...I've just started toying with the idea of going back to a Tetsuya centric fic I had started years ago. Metal series, of course. It's not on here though. I think the only problem I had ran into it was his 'crabby speech'. Maybe I'll properly get back to it one day. I do have a small idea for a Burst fic as well.