[Blog]  BeyBase.com – Become a Better Blader (Kei's Beyblade Blog)

(Oct. 19, 2021  11:05 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Ah makes sense. Would you say rise is able to KO other mobile stamina drivers like zone’+z or unskilled drift players? 

For sure, I know it can because I've done it and seen it happen. This is part of what makes awakened Rise so versatile. It's not necessarily the definitive best in any single category; it's the sum of what it is capable of to a degree that is competitive enough that makes it so good.
(Oct. 19, 2021  11:19 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Oct. 19, 2021  11:05 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Ah makes sense. Would you say rise is able to KO other mobile stamina drivers like zone’+z or unskilled drift players? 

For sure, I know it can because I've done it and seen it happen. This is part of what makes awakened Rise so versatile. It's not necessarily the definitive best in any single category; it's the sum of what it is capable of to a degree that is competitive enough that makes it so good.
Thanks for the info! I’ve been testing rise like crazy and I really like it. Just that mine is like 75% awakened so it’s not crazy aggressive but it is really aggressive when I launch near the ridge and when banked it’s got good stamina. It ties with drift most rounds I test the 2 as well.
Great blog. I've been looking for something just like this. Super detailed! Going to be spending some time there...
About the Phoenix DB core, I have noticed that it isn’t effected by metal capped drivers as the teeth are to short. Meaning that metal drift is an option on right spin.
(Oct. 19, 2021  10:31 PM)Kei Wrote:
[Image: niQuEi2.jpg]

Read Now: How Good Is Prominence Phoenix? (Beyblade Review)

Hey everyone! Just published my latest review. This time I focused specifically on the Prominence Blade and Phoenix DB Core. If you're wondering how these two parts do in terms of stamina, defense, and burst resistance, this review should help.

(Sep. 30, 2021  4:52 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Hey Kei, I’m a big fan of your BeyBase articles and am aware that you started the blog in late 2019, however I was wondering if you would do some beyblade reviews and tournament reports on other formats like burst limited and classic? And if you do this I have a request for a beyblade review on Geist Fafnir. This is just a suggestion by me, I understand if you don’t have the time or don’t feel like doing it. Keep up the great work on the articles, looking forward to the next one!

Thank you for the kind words, TheRogueBlader!

I actually have written a few reports in the past for Burst Limited and Burst Classic. Check them out:

https://beybase.com/beyblade-burst-class...nt-report/
https://beybase.com/toronto-beyblade-bur...nt-report/
https://beybase.com/wbo-beyblade-burst-l...nt-report/

As for Geist Fafnir, thank you for the suggestion. I have to admit that it's unlikely I write a review for it ... I mainly try to focus on the latest releases right now since the demand for information about those is much higher. Perhaps in the future if Beyblade Burst ends I will end up writing reviews for some older Beyblades.

Is there actually a noticeable difference in stamina between different DB cores? I always thought the only difference was with the teeth (like with most GT and Sparking chips).
(Oct. 19, 2021  11:19 PM)Kei Wrote:

HI blader kei I just got astral and I'm using dbl ov rise(awakened)-0
what combos can I make with the astral layer I have most meta relevant tips besides bearing and bearing' I also have every armor
(Oct. 19, 2021  11:27 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Thanks for the info! I’ve been testing rise like crazy and I really like it. Just that mine is like 75% awakened so it’s not crazy aggressive but it is really aggressive when I launch near the ridge and when banked it’s got good stamina. It ties with drift most rounds I test the 2 as well.

Be careful not to wear it down too far. I did that with my first one and found that it became a bit too risky/hard to control for the marginal improvement in LAD it provided. You can go as far as you are comfortable with, though. At a certain point you have to decide what's "good enough" for you.

(Oct. 19, 2021  11:32 PM)n00bBeybladeDad Wrote: Great blog. I've been looking for something just like this. Super detailed! Going to be spending some time there...

Thank you!

(Oct. 19, 2021  11:37 PM)LJ-Blader Wrote: About the Phoenix DB core, I have noticed that it isn’t effected by metal capped drivers as the teeth are to short. Meaning that metal drift is an option on right spin.

Oh really? I'll have to decide if I'm willing to test that out or not haha.

(Oct. 20, 2021  12:25 AM)BladerGem Wrote: Is there actually a noticeable difference in stamina between different DB cores? I always thought the only difference was with the teeth (like with most GT and Sparking chips).

Yes. Check out my testing in the review.

(Oct. 20, 2021  12:32 AM)Beybladedb Wrote: HI blader kei I just got astral and I'm using dbl ov rise(awakened)-0
what combos can I make with the astral layer I have most meta relevant tips besides bearing and bearing' I also have every armor

You've definitely identified some of the best ones haha. You can slap it on other top tier Drivers like Drift or Zone'+Z, but honestly I prefer other Blades on those Drivers. Maybe Astral could work on awakened Mobius, but I haven't tested that.
(Oct. 20, 2021  12:46 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Oct. 19, 2021  11:27 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Thanks for the info! I’ve been testing rise like crazy and I really like it. Just that mine is like 75% awakened so it’s not crazy aggressive but it is really aggressive when I launch near the ridge and when banked it’s got good stamina. It ties with drift most rounds I test the 2 as well.

Be careful not to wear it down too far. I did that with my first one and found that it became a bit too risky/hard to control for the marginal improvement in LAD it provided. You can go as far as you are comfortable with, though. At a certain point you have to decide what's "good enough" for you.

I saw this post and I was wondering if the Mugen stadium marginally increases driver awakening. I've been thinking about this for awhile and I haven't had much success awakening plastic drivers. I might just need to put more effort into it though.

Thanks! I trust you for how far I should awaken it but how do I make it like that? Like when you awaken a driver it just happens naturally. So by not awaken it to far how do I stop it from awakening farther than I want? Mine right now is vey good I just want to awaken it a bit more. I’ll include some pictures here:
[/url][Image: 1-A5-B1308-30-D0-4-D7-C-BA7-C-47-BB38-C3-BE68.jpg]
[Image: 216-F3-E66-8-FAE-4-AF7-B44-B-EFD466-B48-ED5.jpg]
[url=https://postimg.cc/CBG5k174][Image: 7766-D84-D-5-B5-C-441-D-A26-A-6-A73-CAFB01-CA.jpg]
Hey Kei! I'm a big fan of your in depth reviews on BeyBase and I read all of the articles. I really enjoyed the Prominence Phoenix article, and I have a question! I've been kinda behind on the DB releases, but I have gotten Guilty Longinus and The Overdrive Set, and was wondering if PBl2.Gg.Dr-2 is a meta opposite spin stamina combo? If I'm not supposed to ask that here I am sorry in advance!
(Oct. 20, 2021  12:52 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Oct. 20, 2021  12:46 AM)Kei Wrote: Be careful not to wear it down too far. I did that with my first one and found that it became a bit too risky/hard to control for the marginal improvement in LAD it provided. You can go as far as you are comfortable with, though. At a certain point you have to decide what's "good enough" for you.
Thanks! I trust you for how far I should awaken it but how do I make it like that? Like when you awaken a driver it just happens naturally. So by not awaken it to far how do I stop it from awakening farther than I want? Mine right now is vey good I just want to awaken it a bit more. I’ll include some pictures here:

Unfortunately, the only practical way to minimize the rate of wear is to minimize usage. Not to say that you can't use it ever, but I wouldn't make it part of your regular play if you want to preserve its state.
(Oct. 20, 2021  1:10 AM)Kaizoku Burst Wrote:
(Oct. 20, 2021  12:52 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Thanks! I trust you for how far I should awaken it but how do I make it like that? Like when you awaken a driver it just happens naturally. So by not awaken it to far how do I stop it from awakening farther than I want? Mine right now is vey good I just want to awaken it a bit more. I’ll include some pictures here:

Unfortunately, the only practical way to minimize the rate of wear is to minimize usage. Not to say that you can't use it ever, but I wouldn't make it part of your regular play if you want to preserve its state.
Ah, ok. I might have to pick up an extra rise, awaken it, and only use the one Ive got right now to play with. Im gonna wait to also see what Kei has to say to get more opinions and try them both out. Thanks for the tip though!
(Oct. 19, 2021  11:37 PM)LJ-Blader Wrote: About the Phoenix DB core, I have noticed that it isn’t effected by metal capped drivers as the teeth are to short. Meaning that metal drift is an option on right spin.

Oh really? I'll have to decide if I'm willing to test that out or not haha.

I was hesitant at first, but I decided to try it once and I looked at the teeth and there was no effect. I do think it is a little risky though. I will keep watching mine to see if there is any wear.
(Oct. 20, 2021  1:50 AM)LJ-Blader Wrote:
(Oct. 20, 2021  12:46 AM)Kei Wrote: Oh really? I'll have to decide if I'm willing to test that out or not haha.

I was hesitant at first, but I decided to try it once and I looked at the teeth and there was no effect. I do think it is a little risky though. I will keep watching mine to see if there is any wear.
If you only clicked it once then it wont have any affect. You need to click it like 100 times and push hard to see if it really affects it. I wouldn't do that though cause it would damage your teeth.
(Oct. 20, 2021  12:52 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Oct. 20, 2021  12:46 AM)Kei Wrote: Be careful not to wear it down too far. I did that with my first one and found that it became a bit too risky/hard to control for the marginal improvement in LAD it provided. You can go as far as you are comfortable with, though. At a certain point you have to decide what's "good enough" for you.
[url=https://postimg.cc/CBG5k174][Image: 7766-D84-D-5-B5-C-441-D-A26-A-6-A73-CAFB01-CA.jpg]

https://imgur.com/a/OFa4h65
mine is a little more worn but is gets decent same spin of dbl ov rise-0
Opposite spin on that combo is really good and I tested against
astral fafnir gg dr
and dbl won 60% of the time
Note: I count wobbles and slides at the end
(Oct. 20, 2021  2:25 AM)Beybladedb Wrote:
(Oct. 20, 2021  12:52 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Thanks! I trust you for how far I should awaken it but how do I make it like that? Like when you awaken a driver it just happens naturally. So by not awaken it to far how do I stop it from awakening farther than I want? Mine right now is vey good I just want to awaken it a bit more. I’ll include some pictures here:

https://imgur.com/a/OFa4h65
astral fafnir gg dr
I dont think wobbles or slides at the end count in tournaments, its just an actual spin that counts.
(Oct. 20, 2021  2:29 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Oct. 20, 2021  2:25 AM)Beybladedb Wrote: https://imgur.com/a/OFa4h65
astral fafnir gg dr
I dont think wobbles or slides at the end count in tournaments, its just an actual spin that counts.

out of the 20 battles I did only 1 was a wobble all the others rise won were nasty os's
(Oct. 20, 2021  2:30 AM)Beybladedb Wrote:
(Oct. 20, 2021  2:29 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: I dont think wobbles or slides at the end count in tournaments, its just an actual spin that counts.

out of the 20 battles I did only 1 was a wobble all the others rise won were nasty os's
Huh. that doesn't seem realistic to me but ill take your word for it.
(Oct. 20, 2021  2:35 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Oct. 20, 2021  2:30 AM)Beybladedb Wrote: out of the 20 battles I did only 1 was a wobble all the others rise won were nasty os's
Huh. that doesn't seem realistic to me but ill take your word for it.

I mean out of the ones rise won

not all of the battles
[Image: B3JfRPp.jpg]

Read Now: How Good is Dangerous Belial Almight? (Beyblade Review)

Hey everyone! BeyBase's Dangerous Belial Almight review is now up as well! This one was done in collaboration with Dan and we took a look at the competitive viability of the Dangerous Blade, Belial 2 DB Core, and Almight Driver.

In the review you'll learn the answers to:

1. How good is the Dangerous Blade for Attack and Stamina type Beyblades?
  2. How good is the Belial 2 DB Core’s burst resistance and stamina?
  3. Does the Almight Driver have good stamina?

Let me know what you think!

(Oct. 20, 2021  12:51 AM)USN Wrote: I saw this post and I was wondering if the Mugen stadium marginally increases driver awakening. I've been thinking about this for awhile and I haven't had much success awakening plastic drivers. I might just need to put more effort into it though.

You should definitely get the Cho-Z Musou Beystadium. Plastic drivers can still take quite some time if you want to go really far with it (like awakening Charge'), but it's quite easy to awaken Drivers like Rise or Bearing with it.

(Oct. 20, 2021  12:58 AM)SirKidd98 Wrote: Hey Kei! I'm a big fan of your in depth reviews on BeyBase and I read all of the articles. I really enjoyed the Prominence Phoenix article, and I have a question! I've been kinda behind on the DB releases, but I have gotten Guilty Longinus and The Overdrive Set, and was wondering if PBl2.Gg.Dr-2 is a meta opposite spin stamina combo? If I'm not supposed to ask that here I am sorry in advance!

Thank you! That's a pretty good combo, but personally I'm not a huge fan of Drift. I think that combo with Bearing similar to what I recommended in the article is generally better. Obviously, results can vary from blader to blader, though.

(Oct. 20, 2021  1:22 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Oct. 20, 2021  1:10 AM)Kaizoku Burst Wrote: Unfortunately, the only practical way to minimize the rate of wear is to minimize usage. Not to say that you can't use it ever, but I wouldn't make it part of your regular play if you want to preserve its state.
Ah, ok. I might have to pick up an extra rise, awaken it, and only use the one Ive got right now to play with. Im gonna wait to also see what Kei has to say to get more opinions and try them both out. Thanks for the tip though!

I agree with Kaizoku Burst.

As for your Rise Driver, it seems to be worn down well enough to me. I wouldn't go farther, personally. But it is beneficial to have more than one Rise Driver so you can experiment with different levels of wear.
(Nov. 06, 2021  4:35 AM)Kei Wrote:
[Image: B3JfRPp.jpg]

Read Now: How Good is Dangerous Belial Almight? (Beyblade Review)

Hey everyone! BeyBase's Dangerous Belial Almight review is now up as well! This one was done in collaboration with Dan and we took a look at the competitive viability of the Dangerous Blade, Belial 2 DB Core, and Almight Driver.

In the review you'll learn the answers to:

1. How good is the Dangerous Blade for Attack and Stamina type Beyblades?
  2. How good is the Belial 2 DB Core’s burst resistance and stamina?
  3. Does the Almight Driver have good stamina?

Let me know what you think!

Thanks, Kei! This was amazing since I was about to buy Dangerous! This Blog is amazing and I encourage you to keep it up. It's really helping!
(Nov. 06, 2021  4:35 AM)Kei Wrote: TheRogueBlader

As for your Rise Driver, it seems to be worn down well enough to me. I wouldn't go farther, personally. But it is beneficial to have more than one Rise Driver so you can experiment with different levels of wear.
Yeah it’s worn down pretty good, but something seems off with it is what I’ve been noticing. I’ve seen yours and henwooja1’s rise combos in action and they can stall extremely fast but go for a couple seconds and still have some steam left over. Mine can go around almost as fast, but it only really does 1 lap around the edge. The upside in my opinion is that it’s got more of a balance type driver edge to it where I can launch either to the center giving it about Xtend+ like stamina which isn’t exactly top tier but gets the job done nowadays, I can ridge ride to try and KO or KO myself, and I can obviously light launch against opposite spin.

I guess my big problem with my rise is that I can’t get it to ridge ride without becoming shaky and I can’t get it to stall around multiple times. I guess that’s because it’s more of a semi-flat tip, where yours and henwooja’s are more of a flat tip. I guess that explains it, but do you have any advice on how to get it to ridge ride multiple times/ take multiple laps around the ridge? 

Also one last thing, I’ve been experimenting with nexus+s (locked) rise on astral and I gotta say its more aggressive and does better against rage combos than the dynamite(f)/vanish over/tapered rise does. It does have less stamina but I would use it more in deck formats to clear up my over, tapered, dynamite(f), and vanish for other combos. Maybe you would want to try that out to see if it works as a more aggressive version? Just a suggestion. 

Sorry for the long post, I’ve just got a lot of questions as you can probably tell 👍
(Nov. 06, 2021  6:29 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Nov. 06, 2021  4:35 AM)Kei Wrote: TheRogueBlader

Yeah it’s worn down pretty good, but something seems off with it is what I’ve been noticing. I’ve seen yours and henwooja1’s rise combos in action and they can stall extremely fast but go for a couple seconds and still have some steam left over. Mine can go around almost as fast, but it only really does 1 lap around the edge. The upside in my opinion is that it’s got more of a balance type driver edge to it where I can launch either to the center giving it about Xtend+ like stamina which isn’t exactly top tier but gets the job done nowadays, I can ridge ride to try and KO or KO myself, and I can obviously light launch against opposite spin.

I guess my big problem with my rise is that I can’t get it to ridge ride without becoming shaky and I can’t get it to stall around multiple times. I guess that’s because it’s more of a semi-flat tip, where yours and henwooja’s are more of a flat tip. I guess that explains it, but do you have any advice on how to get it to ridge ride multiple times/ take multiple laps around the ridge? 

Also one last thing, I’ve been experimenting with nexus+s (locked) rise on astral and I gotta say its more aggressive and does better against rage combos than the dynamite(f)/vanish over/tapered rise does. It does have less stamina but I would use it more in deck formats to clear up my over, tapered, dynamite(f), and vanish for other combos. Maybe you would want to try that out to see if it works as a more aggressive version? Just a suggestion. 

Sorry for the long post, I’ve just got a lot of questions as you can probably tell 👍

I'm not as good as Kei but in my experience it depends on the angle you launch it you can try to bank it and if your lucky it will stay banked else failed it will ridge ride. What angle do launch it? Also if you want it to ridge ride try a sliding shoot so the rise gets caught on the ridge. Do you mean yours exits the ridge or does it go to the center?
(Nov. 06, 2021  3:37 PM)Beybladedb Wrote:
(Nov. 06, 2021  6:29 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Yeah it’s worn down pretty good, but something seems off with it is what I’ve been noticing. I’ve seen yours and henwooja1’s rise combos in action and they can stall extremely fast but go for a couple seconds and still have some steam left over. Mine can go around almost as fast, but it only really does 1 lap around the edge. The upside in my opinion is that it’s got more of a balance type driver edge to it where I can launch either to the center giving it about Xtend+ like stamina which isn’t exactly top tier but gets the job done nowadays, I can ridge ride to try and KO or KO myself, and I can obviously light launch against opposite spin.

I'm not as good as Kei but in my experience it depends on the angle you launch it you can try to bank it and if your lucky it will stay banked else failed it will ridge ride. What angle do launch it? Also if you want it to ridge ride try a sliding shoot so the rise gets caught on the ridge. Do you mean yours exits the ridge or does it go to the center?
I can launch it fine, I just don’t like how it doesn’t ride the ridge very good. It goes around like once and then Self KO’s
(Nov. 06, 2021  4:03 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Nov. 06, 2021  3:37 PM)Beybladedb Wrote: I'm not as good as Kei but in my experience it depends on the angle you launch it you can try to bank it and if your lucky it will stay banked else failed it will ridge ride. What angle do launch it? Also if you want it to ridge ride try a sliding shoot so the rise gets caught on the ridge. Do you mean yours exits the ridge or does it go to the center?
I can launch it fine, I just don’t like how it doesn’t ride the ridge very good. It goes around like once and then Self KO’s

maybe your stadium otherwise I think maybe the only problem is uneven wearing of the part