[Blog]  BeyBase.com – Become a Better Blader (Kei's Beyblade Blog)

(Jan. 20, 2021  2:39 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Jan. 19, 2021  7:53 AM)[[ NØBØDY ]] Wrote: Hey Kei, Have you ever tried Helios Volcano Ou Keep' as a Rage-on-Xtreme' Counter? You mentioned that Volcano has Horrible defence, yet for me this Keep' combo has incredible stopping power against Rage on Xtreme'. Admittedly it doesn't have much use elsewhere, but Rage on Xtreme' is such a big player, I think it's worth noting

I didn't try Keep' with it, no. I'm not surprised it helps; Keep' can be good for that kind of thing! But you're right that Keep' is a bit niche, so you really have to pick your spots if you plan to use it in a tournament. In any case, I'll keep it in mind to try out sometime!

Good point. I mentioned it cos against Rage on Xtreme' it had a stopping power equivalent to tact.
[Image: ovDeQJz.jpg]

Hi everyone! Recently, I published the fourth part in my Q&A series on BeyBase. This time, I focus on the Beyblade metagame. I cover questions about what it is and how you can work to understand it.

Read Now: What is the Beyblade Metagame? How do I understand it? – #1 Ranked Beyblade Player Answers Your Questions (Part 4)

Check out the post now and comment to let me know what you guys think!
(Feb. 22, 2021  12:48 AM)Kei Wrote:
[Image: ovDeQJz.jpg]

Hi everyone! Recently, I published the fourth part in my Q&A series on BeyBase. This time, I focus on the Beyblade metagame. I cover questions about what it is and how you can work to understand it.

Read Now: What is the Beyblade Metagame? How do I understand it? – #1 Ranked Beyblade Player Answers Your Questions (Part 4)

Very nice, can't wait to see the one for Metal Fight Metagame!
[Image: iRzbCUC.jpg]

Hi everyone! Recently, I published my review of Jet Wyvern Around Just 1D! This review focuses primarily on the Jet Ring and Just Driver, which were the most interesting pieces of this release to me.

Read Now: Top 3 Things You Need to Know About B-177 Jet Wyvern Around Just 1D (Beyblade Burst Sparking Review)

Check out the post now and comment to let me know what you guys think! I’d love to hear about your experiences with Jet and Just specifically.
Kei in the future do you think I could submit a writing of mine on the most underrated core disc ever?
Love your articles.
(Mar. 14, 2021  10:19 AM)[[ NØBØDY ]] Wrote: Kei in the future do you think I could submit a writing of mine on the most underrated core disc ever?
Love your articles.

Maybe create an outline for what you plan to discuss in the article and the point you would be trying to make, PM me, and then I can let you know if it's something I feel would fit in on the site. If so, then we can talk more about it.
(Mar. 14, 2021  5:37 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Mar. 14, 2021  10:19 AM)[[ NØBØDY ]] Wrote: Kei in the future do you think I could submit a writing of mine on the most underrated core disc ever?
Love your articles.

Maybe create an outline for what you plan to discuss in the article and the point you would be trying to make, PM me, and then I can let you know if it's something I feel would fit in on the site. If so, then we can talk more about it.

Sure! Thanks so much for your support.
Hey Kai love your blog man its really cool and helpful for someone like me whos only really just starting their bey career
(Mar. 15, 2021  6:55 PM)SSJBDoku Wrote: Hey Kai love your blog man its really cool and helpful for someone like me whos only really just starting their bey career

I’m glad to hear that! Thanks for reading!
I must say, I'm impressed with how detailed your blog is. Then again, I expect nothing less from the WBO #1.
Anyways, keep up the good work!
[Image: PxUiTpl.jpg]

Hi everyone! Recently, I published the fifth and final part in my first Q&A series on BeyBase. This time, I take a look back on the Metal Fight Beyblade/Beyblade: Metal Fusion metagame. I cover what some of the most common combo compositions are as well as precise examples of each of them.

Read Now: What are the best Beyblade: Metal Fusion combos? (Metal Fight Beyblade)

[Image: Aio2Fwz.jpg]

Hi everyone! I just published this new article discussing how the Beyblade Burst metagame has evolved over the past few years from 2019 up until 2021 and the end of Beyblade Burst Sparking.

This article acts as the first part in a new three part series and sets the stage for the second and third parts which will discuss what the best Beyblade Burst combos of the year are and why they are they best.

Read Now: How Competitive Beyblade Burst Has Evolved From 2019 to 2021

Check out the post now and comment to let me know what you guys think! I’d love to hear from you.
(Jun. 05, 2021  8:16 PM)Kei Wrote: Read Now: How Competitive Beyblade Burst Has Evolved From 2019 to 2021
Cool

It’s realy nice good work 👍🏾

Kei I was reading beybase then it just took me out of it any reason why?
(Jun. 05, 2021  8:16 PM)Kei Wrote: Read Now: How Competitive Beyblade Burst Has Evolved From 2019 to 2021

Great article. Really shows how dramatically the meta changed during the past year. I don’t really like the shift from, attack is godlike to, “If it doesn’t have LAD than there is no point in using it.” It doesn’t help the fact you get all reward and no risk using Rage on Drift or Zn’+Z. Attack got so good it abolished the whole point that attack was supposed to be risky.
(Jun. 05, 2021  10:53 PM)henwooja1 Wrote: Read Now: How Competitive Beyblade Burst Has Evolved From 2019 to 2021

Great article. Really shows how dramatically the meta changed during the past year. I don’t really like the shift from, attack is godlike to, “If it doesn’t have LAD than there is no point in using it.” It doesn’t help the fact you get all reward and no risk using Rage on Drift or Zn’+Z. Attack got so good it abolished the whole point that attack was supposed to be risky.
[/quote]

Where times are right now I have not been able to play in a tournament, so I basically have none competitive experience so take this lightly. I think the part about Rage on faster LAD drivers being almost godlike is a good thing, but not for the reasons you may think. Using rage in this way makes it so defense types could be viable once more. This almost goes back to me pushing for Xtreme' defense testing. In theory, a driver completely made out of rubber is the perfect defense driver. The problem with Xtreme is the stamina in which in this place this boils down to your opinion. Attack is defined. Stamina is defined. But defense is... different. I think that ring outs were made to boost defense Beyblades, but all of our current defensive drivers do not have enough rubber compared to Xtreme and are made to spin for long periods of time. They will not have the ring out advantage. I don't know what Takara-Tomy is thinking because I must have my idea of defense wrong, but it seems like they are merging defense and stamina. Now we have to get creative. I think a lot of the recent rubber drivers will now see double the usage as ever. If using these drivers works, then we could have a legitimate balanced meta. If we could make defense a part of our meta again, then that will take out the attack type threat. 
Remember, this is from the mind of someone who has never actually been a part of the competitive seen.
(Jun. 05, 2021  11:31 PM)USN Wrote:
(Jun. 05, 2021  10:53 PM)henwooja1 Wrote: Great article. Really shows how dramatically the meta changed during the past year. I don’t really like the shift from, attack is godlike to, “If it doesn’t have LAD than there is no point in using it.” It doesn’t help the fact you get all reward and no risk using Rage on Drift or Zn’+Z. Attack got so good it abolished the whole point that attack was supposed to be risky.

Where times are right now I have not been able to play in a tournament, so I basically have none competitive experience so take this lightly. I think the part about Rage on faster LAD drivers being almost godlike is a good thing, but not for the reasons you may think. Using rage in this way makes it so defense types could be viable once more. This almost goes back to me pushing for Xtreme' defense testing. In theory, a driver completely made out of rubber is the perfect defense driver. The problem with Xtreme is the stamina in which in this place this boils down to your opinion. Attack is defined. Stamina is defined. But defense is... different. I think that ring outs were made to boost defense Beyblades, but all of our current defensive drivers do not have enough rubber compared to Xtreme and are made to spin for long periods of time. They will not have the ring out advantage. I don't know what Takara-Tomy is thinking because I must have my idea of defense wrong, but it seems like they are merging defense and stamina. Now we have to get creative. I think a lot of the recent rubber drivers will now see double the usage as ever. If using these drivers works, then we could have a legitimate balanced meta. If we could make defense a part of our meta again, then that will take out the attack type threat. 
Remember, this is from the mind of someone who has never actually been a part of the competitive seen.
I agree. I think what would have been my ideal defence driver is Friction, with the rubber actually working, decent stamina, decent LAD, but rubber that stops it from being KOed

A great Article as always! You are right that Same spin drivers have been forgetting, in recent times I have taken to Orbit Metal and Atomic instead of Drift and Bearing.
However you mentioned Xt+ has superior same spin stamina compared to Drift and Zn'+Z, I wonder if Never will find the same niche use as Xt+, from my testings, Never has better Same spin stamina due to the free-spinning part, but Xtend+ Level Lad.
(Jun. 05, 2021  11:31 PM)USN Wrote: [quote='henwooja1' pid='1769352' dateline='1622930014'

I’m sorry, could you re state your opinion? I don’t understand your point. Xtreme’ is not a defence driver. It’s aggressive flower pattern is used for the purpose of KOing. A defence type is supposed to resist KOs. My ultimate point is that we don’t have a counter to rage defence wise. Rage on Drift when it doesn’t KO it OSes, so there is no risk with it. Nothing is better with X’ than KOing than Rage, so by your definition of defence you’re saying that we should counter rage drift with rage x’ as a defensive counter by Knocking out rage. It isn’t really a healthy meta if we’re using the best layer to counter the best layer. The whole point rubber drivers aren’t viable because their LAD isn’t good, so why then are they viable? I’m sorry if this came off as harsh but I don’t understand your opinion
(Jun. 06, 2021  12:20 AM)henwooja1 Wrote:
(Jun. 05, 2021  11:31 PM)USN Wrote: [quote='henwooja1' pid='1769352' dateline='1622930014'

I’m sorry, could you re state your opinion? I don’t understand your point. Xtreme’ is not a defence driver. It’s aggressive flower pattern is used for the purpose of KOing. A defence type is supposed to resist KOs. My ultimate point is that we don’t have a counter to rage defence wise. Rage on Drift when it doesn’t KO it OSes, so there is no risk with it. Nothing is better with X’ than KOing than Rage, so by your definition of defence you’re saying that we should counter rage drift with rage x’ as a defensive counter by Knocking out rage. It isn’t really a healthy meta if we’re using the best layer to counter the best layer. The whole point rubber drivers aren’t viable because their LAD isn’t good, so why then are they viable? I’m sorry if this came off as harsh but I don’t understand your opinion

Okay so think about this. Your definition of defense is a bey that resists KOs. I whole heartedly agree with that. The problem is, in burst we do not have any rubber sharps. The best option to prevent KO's is a full rubber driver which is what Xtreme' is. I have done some testing with Tempest LuciferII on 2A and hunter and while it doesn't have great stamina, it can tank rage to an extent. I cannot prove this as I do not have a TT standard, but in my mind, it is the only solution besides TT giving us rubber sharps. When it comes to this kind of thing you need to open your mind. Right now, you see defense still as a stamina hybrid, otherwise you would not have used the flower pattern as an example. While we have seen that Xtreme' works one way, it might work it others as well. The speed makes it harder to deter from it's original course, so it is harder to ring out. It also has rubber which creates friction and slow the bey down from going into the pocket. This is one of the things that make it such an amazing attack type driver.

You also need to reframe types in your mind. There is a lot of people that think defense is anti attack and vise versa, but that is not true. We have a triangle of typing. The reason we think of defense as anti attack is because we are used to stamina defense hybrids. Anti attack is a stamina defense hybrid. This is going to sound dumb, but drawl a triangle somewhere. Assign each vertex one of the 3 types. If you look across the triangle from attack, you find yourself between defense and stamina. We have had a meta like this for so long that we have cemented the two types together in our minds.

As for countering rage on drift, Hunter' can actually stand up to it. (Not in opposite spin of course.)

Please respond. I really need some more thoughts on this.
(Jun. 05, 2021  8:20 PM)JJustice Wrote: Kei I was reading beybase then it just took me out of it any reason why?

What do you mean? Where did it take you?

I did just notice that one of the links in my original post went to one of my other articles, so I fixed that.

(Jun. 06, 2021  12:20 AM)henwooja1 Wrote: I’m sorry, could you re state your opinion? I don’t understand your point. Xtreme’ is not a defence driver. It’s aggressive flower pattern is used for the purpose of KOing. A defence type is supposed to resist KOs. My ultimate point is that we don’t have a counter to rage defence wise. Rage on Drift when it doesn’t KO it OSes, so there is no risk with it. Nothing is better with X’ than KOing than Rage, so by your definition of defence you’re saying that we should counter rage drift with rage x’ as a defensive counter by Knocking out rage. It isn’t really a healthy meta if we’re using the best layer to counter the best layer. The whole point rubber drivers aren’t viable because their LAD isn’t good, so why then are they viable? I’m sorry if this came off as harsh but I don’t understand your opinion

Xtreme' can be used to counter other attack types, though. If you use a Layer with low recoil against an opponent that has a high recoil Layer on Xtreme', you might be able to avoid them, and absorb whatever hits you to receive well enough to not be KOed and then OS them. That's a pretty uncommon situation though.

I would also disagree about Rage on Drift KOing anything it doesn't OS. I've found that stuff like Master on Zone'+Z has enough burst resistance in left-spin and greater stamina than Rage Drift to OS it. And Rage Drift doesn't always have enough speed to be able to KO Master Zone'+Z if it's spinning in the center of the stadium. It can, but not always.

But I mean, other than that you're right that Rage X' might be one of the best counters to Rage Drift (outside of someone with a really optimized right-spin stamina combo with high LAD), although even that can be a bit dicey at times due to the recoil. So, we certainly are in need of more viable attack options and a more clearly defined selection of competitive defense type combos/parts.

(Jun. 06, 2021  12:07 AM)[[ NØBØDY ]] Wrote: However you mentioned Xt+ has superior same spin stamina compared to Drift and Zn'+Z, I wonder if Never will find the same niche use as Xt+, from my testings, Never has better Same spin stamina due to the free-spinning part, but Xtend+ Level Lad.

Interesting! I haven't even tested the new DB parts yet as I've been so focused on writing this article and the next few parts–which focus on the Sparking era–over the past several weeks.
(Jun. 06, 2021  3:08 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Jun. 05, 2021  8:20 PM)JJustice Wrote: Kei I was reading beybase then it just took me out of it  any reason why?

What do you mean? Where did it take you?

I did just notice that one of the links in my original post went to one of my other articles, so I fixed that.

(Jun. 06, 2021  12:20 AM)henwooja1 Wrote: I’m sorry, could you re state your opinion? I don’t understand your point. Xtreme’ is not a defence driver. It’s aggressive flower pattern is used for the purpose of KOing. A defence type is supposed to resist KOs. My ultimate point is that we don’t have a counter to rage defence wise. Rage on Drift when it doesn’t KO it OSes, so there is no risk with it. Nothing is better with X’ than KOing than Rage, so by your definition of defence you’re saying that we should counter rage drift with rage x’ as a defensive counter by Knocking out rage. It isn’t really a healthy meta if we’re using the best layer to counter the best layer. The whole point rubber drivers aren’t viable because their LAD isn’t good, so why then are they viable? I’m sorry if this came off as harsh but I don’t understand your opinion

Xtreme' can be used to counter other attack types, though. If you use a Layer with low recoil against an opponent that has a high recoil Layer on Xtreme', you might be able to  avoid them, and absorb whatever hits you to receive well enough to not be KOed and then OS them. That's a pretty uncommon situation though.

I would also disagree about Rage on Drift KOing anything it doesn't OS. I've found that stuff like Master on Zone'+Z has enough burst resistance in left-spin and greater stamina than Rage Drift to OS it. And Rage Drift doesn't always have enough speed to be able to KO Master Zone'+Z if it's spinning in the center of the stadium. It can, but not always.

But I mean, other than that you're right that Rage X' might be one of the best counters to Rage Drift (outside of someone with a really optimized right-spin stamina combo with high LAD), although even that can be a bit dicey at times due to the recoil. So, we certainly are in need of more viable attack options and a more clearly defined selection of competitive defense type combos/parts.

(Jun. 06, 2021  12:07 AM)[[ NØBØDY ]] Wrote: However you mentioned Xt+ has superior same spin stamina compared to Drift and Zn'+Z, I wonder if Never will find the same niche use as Xt+, from my testings, Never has better Same spin stamina due to the free-spinning part, but Xtend+ Level Lad.

Interesting! I haven't even tested the new DB parts yet as I've been so focused on writing this article and the next few parts–which focus on the Sparking era–over the past several weeks.

Some sketchy website's that sells free beyblades
(Jun. 06, 2021  3:19 PM)JJustice Wrote: Some sketchy website's that sells free beyblades

That's weird! Can you PM me what it was? The only sites which sell Beyblades that BeyBase links directly to are Mall Of Toys or eBay, both of which are legitimate.
(Jun. 06, 2021  10:30 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Jun. 06, 2021  3:19 PM)JJustice Wrote: Some sketchy website's that sells free beyblades

That's weird! Can you PM me what it was? The only sites which sell Beyblades that BeyBase links directly to are Mall Of Toys or eBay, both of which are legitimate.

Yeah sure
(Jun. 06, 2021  3:08 PM)Kei Wrote:

I see. I now prefer Never as it doesn't have that pesky Driver wear and does have some chance in same spin.
Given the correct set-up it can OS something like World Solomon Atomic/Orbit Metal 2B tho it is very close.
Never also has better defence in my opinion due to the second layer of contact when being knocked about
(Jun. 07, 2021  12:36 AM)[[ NØBØDY ]] Wrote:
(Jun. 06, 2021  3:08 PM)Kei Wrote: Interesting! I haven't even tested the new DB parts yet as I've been so focused on writing this article and the next few parts–which focus on the Sparking era–over the past several weeks.

I see. I now prefer Never as it doesn't have that pesky Driver wear and does have some chance in same spin.
Given the correct set-up it can OS something like World Solomon Atomic/Orbit Metal 2B tho it is very close.
Never also has better defence in my opinion due to the second layer of contact when being knocked about

This is true, but if you are facing off against a little kid that uses never, and you use your World Solomon Atomic/Orbit Metal combo, you will win due to launch power difference if you are on the same spin. My point is, if your launch power is higher on same spin, you will probably win.