Bleach

I wonder if getting his soul reaper powers back also brought his Hollow powers back. In fact, does he still have Bankai?

I'm guessing that, since it seems like Ichigo's Getsuga Tenshou is crazy strong, now, they won't show his other powers for a while, not until a bigger threat shows up, anyway.
I havent really gotten in to it but im at the latest chapters of One Piece Fairy Tail Reborn and Naruto should i read it?
Absolutely. I find Bleach to be better than all those you mentionned, so you should really at least give it a try :p

There are some dull moments, but it makes up with the many moments of incredible epicness.
So, anime-wise, Bleach will soon enter the Muramasa filler arc! Certainly the only time I'm really excited for the arrival of filler, that's for sure. I wonder what voice actor they'll get for Muramasa's deep and scary voice? What voice actors will they get for all of the other Zanpakutos? I can't wait! XD

As for the manga...well...

Bleach is really not good, these days...

We need to get rid of those sucky antagonists and return to Bleach awesomeness fast.
(Nov. 03, 2011  5:06 PM)Dude Wrote: Bleach is really not good, these days...

We need to get rid of those sucky antagonists and return to Bleach awesomeness fast.
Yeah, if she does get controlled again, I will facedesk. I like how Hitsugiya owned Yukio so bad in his own "home turf". I'm a little confused if Yukio has no parents in the present does that mean they died, he ran way, or they got separated? Since in the new chapter "he" was talking about his parents? He said he crushed his dad's empire or whatever so maybe they just separated?
Bleach is decent at face value, but it has too many Deus-Ex Machinas, and Ichigo is a ginger Mary-Sue. Here's a discussion Temporal and I had about Bleach the other day:
Temporal Wrote:Oh, okay. And about Bleach- Ichigo is the definition of Mary-Sue. He can't die, he ALWAYS learns a new ability or a major life lesson when he's in a bind, and he ALWAYS prevails in the end. At least Akihisa from Baka Test is stupid, and they get whupped by Class A.
Titan Wrote:I believe he also pulls way too many Deus-Ex Machinas. Trapped in unbreakable paralysis spell: Oh, he's the only human who can break it. Can't save sisters: Oh, he's a Soul Reaper now. And that's just the first episode!

Temporal Wrote:Ah. He died... Oh, wait! HOLLOW POWAHS! Yeah, me no likey Bleach.
Deus Ex Machina is something common in every form of media, but it's true that Bleach does abuse a bit. I don't mind Ichigo finding a new power or getting the strength to fight thanks to the power of love (i.e KUROSAKI-KUUUUUN!!!) because Ichigo is supposed to be very unique. Aizen made it very clear that there's more to Ichigo than just being a strong soul reaper (Hopefully, mister Kubo won't entirely forget about this plot point...)

Besides, Ichigo gets beat-up all the time. Remember against Kenpachi? It was pretty much a tie and, if Yoruichi hadn't healed him, he might've died. Remember against Byakuya? The dude almost killed him. True, he got saved at the last minute by his hollow in true deus ex fashion, but it was still a really cool moment. Remember against Aizen on Sokyoku Hill? Ichigo couldn't even land a hit! remember his first encounter with Grimmjow? Remember his fight with Nnoitra?

They do abuse deus ex, though...

(Nov. 05, 2011  2:48 AM)hitsugiya Wrote: I'm a little confused if Yukio has no parents in the present does that mean they died, he ran way, or they got separated? Since in the new chapter "he" was talking about his parents? He said he crushed his dad's empire or whatever so maybe they just separated?

I think his parents didn't spend enough time with him, so he used his...technology knowledge, I guess, to steal all of his dad's money. They must've disappeared, somehow and Yukio landed in a foster family (The people he didn't seem to wish to talk to) which he didn't like either (Making him a total hypocrite)

By the way, I now officially hate Riruka (Or Riruko, whatever) for various reasons, one of which being because she's essentially this term that begins with a B and ends with an H that is censored on the WBO.
Saw last weeks dubbed ep of Bleach and it was hilarious especially the part where the bald soul reaper (forgot his name) got pinched in the butt by a crab XD.
(Nov. 05, 2011  5:09 PM)Dude Wrote: Deus Ex Machina is something common in every form of media, but it's true that Bleach does abuse a bit. I don't mind Ichigo finding a new power or getting the strength to fight thanks to the power of love (i.e KUROSAKI-KUUUUUN!!!) because Ichigo is supposed to be very unique. Aizen made it very clear that there's more to Ichigo than just being a strong soul reaper (Hopefully, mister Kubo won't entirely forget about this plot point...)

Besides, Ichigo gets beat-up all the time. Remember against Kenpachi? It was pretty much a tie and, if Yoruichi hadn't healed him, he might've died. Remember against Byakuya? The dude almost killed him. True, he got saved at the last minute by his hollow in true deus ex fashion, but it was still a really cool moment. Remember against Aizen on Sokyoku Hill? Ichigo couldn't even land a hit! remember his first encounter with Grimmjow? Remember his fight with Nnoitra?
Kenpachi saved his @$$ so bad from Nnoitra and Nel gave him enough time to stall so she kind of played a role in saving Ichigo's life.

So, this week's chapter was pretty cool.

So, except for Ichigo&Uryuu vs. Ginjo, pretty much everyone owned their opponents except for Rukia. Sexism? Uncertain

I'm seriously calling the mind-control or body-control of Rukia. She's been controlled what, three times, by now? Once during the Bount filler, once by Zommari's Amor and once in the third movie. I think Tite Kubo just really loves the dull-eyed mindless Rukia, like she was when she became Dark Rukia in the third movie.
I think Rukia is trapped in a Doll House inside a Doll House. Kinda like inception-esque. It's getting annoying that Rukia is still pretty much really weak. I guess she's needed to be weak for the story line, so that Ichigo can forever protect her, but whatever.
That could be it (Though it would suck too) but why would she lose consciousness?

Anyway, next week is the first episode of the excellent Muramasa filler! Anxiously awaiting that moment.

Also, the third movie, Fade To Black, I Call Your Name, comes out November 15, in North America. It's also the best of the four Bleach movies, if you ask me, and I highly recommend you buy it.
(Nov. 10, 2011  1:25 PM)Uwik Wrote: I think Rukia is trapped in a Doll House inside a Doll House. Kinda like inception-esque. It's getting annoying that Rukia is still pretty much really weak. I guess she's needed to be weak for the story line, so that Ichigo can forever protect her, but whatever.
A doll-house within a doll-house. I support Ichihime more then Ichirukia
i think rangeku is a monster she makes everyone else look tiny
(Nov. 10, 2011  8:56 PM)Dude Wrote: Anyway, next week is the first episode of the excellent Muramasa filler! Anxiously awaiting that moment.

Also, the third movie, Fade To Black, I Call Your Name, comes out November 15, in North America. It's also the best of the four Bleach movies, if you ask me, and I highly recommend you buy it.

The Muramasa Arc you mean? Since it is the main story line on how Ichigo gets his power back, currently, now is the filler right?

(Nov. 10, 2011  11:16 PM)hitsugiya Wrote: A doll-house within a doll-house. I support Ichihime more then Ichirukia

They are both as bad, but I guess Orihime's healing power is handy.
Orihime's healing power is not handy at all, really. We've seen several times before that other healers are much more efficient than she is, like Hachi, Unohana and maybe even Tessai. Orihime is horrible, wasted potential.

I'm not really sure what you meant, when talking about the filler, Uwik, but what I meant was that the english dubbed Muramasa filler is coming. Yeah, I'm a big sucker for english voice actors XD

EDIT: I like IchixRuki a lot, personally. They've been through so much, together, that it only makes sense for them to end up in a couple :3
sigh. i need to start watching im only reding the manga since im faster at reading im now at chapter 345
Okay, so, episode 230 is out in english and...

MURAMASA IS DUBBED BY JAMIESON PRIIIIICE!!! *____________*

I know that my child-like excitement is kinda lost on most of you, but he's like my favorite voice actor and voices my favorite Bleach character! (Yes, Muramasa's my favorite) That's so convinietly AWESOME!!!

As for the other Zanpakuto, I'm not really sure, but they're probably all vocie actors that already worked on Bleach, much like Jamieson Price is.

AWESOMENEEEEEESS!!!!!

EDIT: Mr. Price even rolls the R in Muramasa correctly! THIS IS HEAVEN!!!
Aahh OK, I see what you mean about the Muramasa arc. It slipped my mind, since the anime episodes for that has been out for a long while. I have the episodes 345 with me currently. It's the beginning of the Fullbring Arc.

Anyway, wouldn't watching subtitled be better than dubbed?
(Nov. 13, 2011  5:21 PM)Uwik Wrote: Anyway, wouldn't watching subtitled be better than dubbed?

I do both, but I prefer watching the dub because I find Bleach's is so excellent (Which is proved by Jamieson Price's dubbing of Muramasa, really x3)
So, latest chapter is online and I won't even bother putting my thoughts on it in spoilers because they are not good spoilers at all.

Riruka is sooooooooooo hidden inside Rukia that it's not even funny. That hypocrite probably used her own ability to enter Rukia's body and will come out of it some other time. If that's not it, it's probably something even lamer. Yukio undid all the...black boxes thingies except for Ginjou's (And mister Kubo quickly thinks up a carp excuse to explain it) and everybody is doing pretty damn good. Except for Rukia, who's unconscious.

This is seriously sexist. The only girl of the group not only got her butt kicked pretty bad, but is the only one with any kind of serious injuries? Oh, Byakuya says her injuries are only minor, but she's still freakin' unconsciouss. That's pretty serious, ain't it? So you're telling me that where everyone in the group got better, some of them even able to beat their ennemies in a single hit, Rukia didn't progress at all? Then why is she a lieutenant, now?!

Well okay, Rukia did say that she refused to kill a normal human, since a Soul Reaper must only kill Hollows, and she also refused to effeciently cut down all that cute stuff Riruka was throwing at her, so that's two self-imposed weaknesses, but Rukia the Lieutenant really doesn't shine, here, she looks more like an absolute idiot. I know Japan isn't exactly the greatest country in terms of women's right and statut, but c'mon...

Oh, and Ginjou rips off Aizen's 'Why do you fight me?' speech. Ginjou is such a pathetic antagonist. But it seems like he has something interesting to say, for next chapter, about who Ichigo should 'really' be fighting (My guess is that he'll say something he expects to shock Ichigo, maybe about the Soul King, but that Ichigo will just shrug it off and carry on with the fight)

So yeah, Bleach is not very good, these days... *Sigh*
I love it that you dilligently post summaries on the day when a new manga episode is released, week after week.

Rukia, I think her mind/soul is taken/possesed for the time being. I doubt Riruka is inside her though. But yeah, I agree that she's still weak, and to be expected too, to be honest. It is a sad cliche. By the way, when was she made Liutenant? I must've missed it.

Ginjo might take it up a notch, since his fight is limited to another 10 minutes or so. Hopefully we'll see Ichigo's bankai again next episode.

To be honest, Bleach has always been a better anime than it is manga. But yeah, for me at least, it has not been good for like the past half a year.

Kubo san spends too much time developing the characters that it lacks the epicness in the storyline that Bleach once had.

I've shifted my preference to One Piece, months back. Too bad no one here discuss it as passionate as you with Bleach, Dude.
Not really sure if your comment about my diligence was sarcastic or not, but whatever. I'm just very nerdy XD

Nobody explicitly said Rukia was a lieutenant, now, but she clearly has the Lieutenant Badge on her arm on several panels and it just makes sense, really.

I don't really see how Ginjo could get better. I hate those kind of gleeful vilains that laugh their asses off anytime they can, at least not for a main antag. Aizen wasn't exactly a perfect vilain, but he had a very intriguing personality. Though he did have a smirk most of the time, he never found the situation laugh-worthy without necessarily taking the situation too seriously. He mistook himself for a God and thought he was invincible. He thought that nothing could really go wrong and seemed somewhat bored by that fact. He was a very blasé vilain and only started panicking when Ichigo kicked his butt with Mugetsu. Ginjo is just the cackling, smiling, unfriendly carp vilain that completely lacks camaderie that seems to be in a lot of Kubo stories, including Zombie Powder.

I never really could get into One Piece, for some reason, even if several friends of mine tell me it's totally awesome and that I really should check it out... I think the artwork kinda bugs me Uncertain

The comment was a sincere compliment.

So, I know that this arc is supposed to be a short one, just long enough to explain how Ichigo gets his shinigami powers back. But it really won't be that short, will it? All the Fullbringers are pretty much done for, with the exception of Ginjou and Riruka. Kubo san would almost definitely have a twist coming up, will will stretch this arc into more episodes.

Yeah, I get what you're saying about One Piece, the artwork needs some getting used to, but it's been #1 worldwide (with the exception of Naruto, due to Nickelodeon's release) for numbers of years for a good reason. Oda sensei is the true definition of an epic manga artist. The storyline is just mind blowing.