Bleach

(Feb. 19, 2011  3:38 AM)Dude Wrote: The Fullbring is really turning out to be boring...
This is just...mediocre. Just make one that can shoot lightning or something exciting...

One thing's for sure though, I really want to know how long until Ichigo gets his FULL powers back (including that OP power that beat Aizen), and whether he'll need this stupid Fullbring thing again once he regains all that he'd lost...
Oddly enough, seems like the Bleach thread was split in half...

Oh well. This week's chapter was interesting. Despite being strangely weak and not scary at all, I have to admit that the Fullbring, when they have names,have awesome names. 'Time Tells No Lie' for that old man and, now, 'Book of the End' for the new character, Tsukishima Shuukurou (It's an okay name, for a villain (Which he obviously is))

Check it out. It's a decent chapter.
Well, this week's chapter wasn't all that to me; but it did leave me curious as to why Bookworm betrayed team Fullbring. Hopefully they'll make it interesting by making a twist where Bookworm was actually the good guy all along.. I doubt it though; they'll probably make it simple and say that he was power hungry...
I'm assuming that "Bookworm" is Tsukishima XD

He's an interesting character, so far, but it'll probably just turn out that he's a jerk, or something.

Although we did have some pretty cool twists, in the past. It could be interesting. I am curious, however, about Tsukishima's power. We did see it clearly piercing Orihime, but she has no wounds and more or less said Tsukishima was a friend. What's up with that?
(Feb. 19, 2011  3:17 AM)JÆMS Wrote:
(Feb. 19, 2011  2:08 AM)Thresher Wrote: That is because Ichigo's fullbring is a swastika. The first character for bankai 卍解 in Japanese is a swastika. It faces the opposite direction of the Nazi version.

The translation is VERY weird... together "卍解" makes up "Bankai" but "卍" alone just translate "Swastika" (obviously)....

Seriously though.. my mind is blown, thanks Thresher.

This always annoys me. You guys do realize that the Nazis ripped off a lot of the names from Hinduism, right? 卍 was originally a Hindu peace symbol, and Aryan were the ancestors of common Indians and Hinduism today. I'm Hindu, I'd know. But the Nazis took them and made them into words of fear and hatred. They sicken me. It was the opposite direction (swastika was originally diagonal and with ends sticking out clockwise) of the original symbol of peace in Hinduism. Angry

See here: [Image: HinduSwastika.svg]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika
(Mar. 12, 2011  2:04 AM)GaHooleone Wrote: -Insert angry yet reasonable explanation here-

Let's just be happy Tite Kubo also knew about that, when making the design of Ichigo's Bankai XD
hold up ichigo did not die that girl healed him
(Mar. 12, 2011  10:44 PM)black mage Wrote: hold up ichigo did not die that girl healed him

...Who said Ichigo died?
(Mar. 12, 2011  2:56 AM)Dude Wrote: when making the design of Ichigo's Bankai XD

Just the general word "Bankai" actually.

(Mar. 12, 2011  1:46 AM)Dude Wrote: I am curious, however, about Tsukishima's power. We did see it clearly piercing Orihime, but she has no wounds and more or less said Tsukishima was a friend. What's up with that?

Doll house = Love to turn into stuff animal and shrink humans to fight against dolls, something like that. It's still confusing, especially with them being able to combine their powers with the "Time tells no lie" man (Father time, hehe)

Book = Read/Write (so it could be something to do with that) as well as being a sword...
After not watching bleach for around 6 months I went on a spree and got as far as episode 310 (Animie). To me it looks like they should have finished the series after this episode.

Is it worth watching after 310 or is it just going to be the same as DBZ where "the world is only safe till the next stupidly powerfull bad guy comes along" ??
Well, for the moment, we just have a lot of unfunny filler episodes.

But, manga-wise, yeah, it's pretty much turning out like that.
ummm..... banki said it
I can't wait till the episodes of bleach with captain Aizen vs Vizards
So, in the most recent chapter, we discovered Jackie's Fullbring (Which are apparently just clothes that give her super speed an strength) and we still don't get an explanation for whatever the hell happened to Orihime.

And, as for the anime, we're still in that ridiculous wave of pointless, stupid, unfunny filler episodes.

This is not a very good time, for Bleach...
Hate to double-post, but this is pretty important.

While the manga is going at its usual slow pace, the anime will enter the official filler arc this week! (A real arc of filler, not just random little unfunny stories) Here's a poster:
[Image: Bleach-Fillers-Poster.jpg]

It looks decent enough. From the trailer and her overall facial expression and body language, it's quite easy to guess that the green-haired girl is a new protagonist. That can be dangerous, but if she has a pleasant personnality, it could be ok. I'm left unimpressed by whom I'm guessing is the antagonist (The guy with hair that's half-green, half-blond) because he's not very scary and actually kinda looks constipated, which is just...weird. But hey, he can't be worst than the antagonists for the Amagai arc, so I'll give him a chance.

But the trailer looked great with awesome animation. I'm getting a good feeling about this.

EDIT: Also, I'm guessing that, since they both have at least partially green hair, the new protag and antag are related. Just a vibe, though.
After reading this weeks chapter I was happy to see how it ended but something tells me Kubo did that for shock value and Ichigo stil has much more training to do.
So, it the most recent chapter (445, I believe)

This is a little dangerous. Yeah, Ichigo's Fullbring is pretty cool, but it"s not the Fullbring the fans learned to like, it's Zangetsu, it's the classic Getsuga Tensho, the hollow mask and all that sweet stuff. But I'm sure Kubo knows that, so it's okay.

In the anime, the new filler arc just began. The new characters (Basically, just the green haired girl (Whose name is Nozomi) and the villain) leave me disappointed. Nozomi is just your average "Little Girl that doesn't talk a lot and apparently has no emotions" and the villain looks like a complete idiot (Although he's apparently very smart) The premise is pretty cool, though.
Sorry to ask something that is seemingly irrelevant but, WHAT THE CARP HAPPENED TO NELIEL TU ODERSCHVANK? Seriously, Tite Kubo, do you have the attention span of a fly?
It is a pretty relevant question.

My idea is that she's living her weird life with Pesche and that other guy.

But it's true that this filler could have been used to tie some loose ends, from previous arcs. What happened to Nel? What about Ashido (That dude that Rukia promised to rescue after rescuing Orihime)? I'm pretty sure there was a lot more Arrancar going around in Las Noches, are they just running around freely, now?

Well, apparently, mister Kubo will also explain what Mayuri found in Szayel's cave of creations, so he might explain what happened to the rest then.
Ichigo and Orihime have no chemistry. Ichigo and Rukia on the other hand make a perfect couple.

Anyway, I've stopped reading the Bleach manga. I'll wait till the Filer is over and watch the Lost Subsitute Shinigami Agent - watch the Full Bringer arc.
I agree. IchixOri is pretty lame, since all their dialogue is pretty embarassing XD

If you're waiting for the fillers to end, you'll probably wait quite some time. The manga is very slow and, even if they picked up in, say, thirty episodes, they'd still be pretty close to where the manga is.
Yeah, that's why I kinda stopped reading it. I didn't really gain much from a manga chapter to help understand or know what's gonna happen.

With the Anime, I think they started back the cannonocity around episode 266 then about 60 episodes later they're back to the Filler.

It's because the Manga is too slow. A lot of these chapters could have been combined in one. Anyway, the reason why is that Tite Kubo said himself that he wants Bleach to run for another ten years
Even I will say it, Bleach has become really lame and boring. This first came to be when the 1st espada died easily, the 3rd was killed by Aizen and we saw carp for Yammy, all we know is that he went into second stage like Ulquiorra against byakuya and Kenpachi and then we see Yammy beaten and neither of the captains seemed to get hurt that much, lame.
Yet now we move onto Fullbringing which just seems like a filler but Manga style. I do like the time skip and all but everything could have been done so much better. Also, just to say but if you compare Bleach with Naruto right now then you know which one is best by a mile right now.
I want to start watching bleach again but I can't remember what episode around I left it at, pretty sure it's over a 100+ now. Anyways, Ichigo and Ulquiorra were fighting for the first time. in the tower. Any ideas where I'm at? Haha.