Bleach

Bleach is on hiatus until September 9th according to the scan.
Well, that doesn't mighty work towards bringing Bleach back to the #1 spot...

Although, by now, not much could actually do that Uncertain
(Aug. 29, 2013  10:49 AM)Dude Wrote: Well, that doesn't mighty work towards bringing Bleach back to the #1 spot...

Although, by now, not much could actually do that Uncertain

That's kind of a funny post because Bleach had never been the top spot and I think I was only in the top 5 2 or 3 times since 2005.

So BG9 had a Quincy Minigun, WHY DIDN'T YOU LET HIM USE IT KUBO. I did love the entrance that Soi Fon had, but I was kind of hoping that Omaeda was going to die. I'm just counting down to see who goes first. I knew Bazz B wasn't down and of course BG9 wasn't done, but I like the new ways that the Captains who lost their Bankai have come up with. I'm guessing Komamura is going to come back as a giant Shiba Inu in the next chapter, jk. I hope in the next few chapter Urahara's crew and the Fullbringers star making their way toward the Soul Society, but seeing how Kubo loves Kool Aid Man style Big Damn Heroes moments those characters won't show up until the last moment.
Those battles are not winning me back to Bleach's side, gotta be honest, here Uncertain

I mean, was there a single doubt in anyone's mind that the punk-haired guy and the robot weren't defeated so easily? This is really just sad, now... Let's be real, here: We all know Kubo isn't going to kill main characters: He won't kill Soi Fon, he won't kill Shuhei (Wherever he is...) and he especially won't kill Hitsugaya. He only killed off the Captain-Commander and Lieutenant McNoName to shake up the status quo in an attempt at making us 'think' he'll kill characters. But he won't. That shot from Punk-Hair's finger that went right through Toshiro's freaking chest that would kill anyone in the world, that won't kill him. Heck, if his flames are really powerful enough to counteract Yamamoto's own flames (Which, need I remind you, ARE AS HOT AS THE SUN) then Toshiro realistically should've just turned to ashes immediately.

On a positive note, I kinda like BG9. Of course, the anime is over so we'll never hear even a glimpse of it, but I like to think that he has some sort of cool, computer, heavily-processed voice to go with his odd appearance.
Lets be honest, if Yamamoto's flames were even as hot as the corona of the sun, let alone the core like he claims, Soul Society would have been instantaneously been vaporized along with everything else in a planetary radius. This brings me to my next point, Bazz B claims to has flames that either rival or exceed Yamamoto's, yet when hit with Ryujin Jakka, a shikai, he was nearly burned to death. I could buy that his Vollstandig flames are near Yamamoto's bankai's heat, but base level? Hell, no! If I had to guess who Kubo is willing to kill off I'd say Komamura, Kurotsuchi, Soifon, Hitsugaya, Kyoraku, Ukitake, all lieutenants and seated officers not named Rukia Kuchiki, all of the Visoreds. That said I can only see him killing off Komamura, Kurotsuchi, Rose, Kensei, Ukitake, Kyoraku, Iba, Omaeda, Rangiku, and Momo. You're right he might not even do that, but I hope you are wrong.
Oh come on. He would never kill Rangiku 'BigTitties' Matsumoto, she brings in all of Kubo's perverter fans. Never. And he's had like three different opportunities to kill off Momo and he's never done it, so I doubt she'll die. I like to think he wouldn't kill Mayuri because he's such a fun character, but I don't know... Mayuri seems to be the kind of guy that would always be one step ahead of his enemies, too, so I'm not fearing for his life. Kubo would also never kill off Hitsugaya, the simple thought is silly Uncertain

I wouldn't be against any of the Vizards dying off. They're basically useless, now, so might as well just turn them into the kill count, even if that's a terrible way to make the bad guys look threatening. They're all horrible characters to begin with, anyway, and are seemingly too stupid to use their Hollowfications against the Super-Nazis anyway.

I do concede the point about Yamamoto's flames, though, it IS a bit unrealistic and might even be a lie made up to give the leader of the Gotei 13 a more menacing mystique to him. Too bad we're busy showing off fake death blows that certainly won't affect the characters at all to focus on interesting ideas like that or following up on several mysteries introduced before!
I understand Hitsugaya is popular, but he should have died in this chapter. He was on the ground dying and then out of nowhere he gained the power to fight back and "defeat" Cang Du who has not used any Quincy abilities(his Kamehameha wave doesn't count) yet and had better comeback with a Vollstandig at least and murder Hitsugaya(yeah I know it won't happen). With the shadow pills Kubo removed all reason for Ichigo to show up because apparently it makes a near dead captain able to take on a fresh quince and one shot them. If Cang Du's "I" is relevant to his strength then it means that he is the 10th stongest Quincy. Congratulations, if you are weaker than the top nine then death bed Hitsugaya can apparently one shot you. KILL SOMEBODY KUBO DON'T FAKE THE FUNK BE REAL WITH IT! Yamamoto got Worfed hard, even worse than Kenpachi. These Quincies are almost less of a threat than the Espada. Shame on Kubo for tricking us and shame on me for falling for it. Hopefully Bazz-B redeems his brethren next chapter. BTW I wouldn't be so convinced Cang Du was done for if it wasn't for his completely surprised reactions to EVERYTHING Hitsugaya didn in the chapter, compare his fight with Bazz-B, who was only surprised at how weak and worthless Hitsugaya's ice was. Also, notice how Soifon was immobile after taking the same amount of (if not less than) damage as Hitsugaya. The worst part is Bazz-B would have killed Hitsugaya before Urahara's pills got out so he was only saved by Plot Induced Stupidity.
I hate to say that I told you so, dude, but I told you so XD

Although I really do have to call carp on that as well: Where the hell did those lil' pills come from? Urahara came up with those? How? Wouldn't it have been great to have him ask Grimmjow something like 'I'm gonna need your energy, Grimmjow-san!' I know he's probably still hoping to surprise us with Grimmy's return, but a lil' foreshadowing is always a good idea, eh? Also, I can understand that Hollow energy is poison to a Quincy's body so he would naturally reject the Bankai, but why does it instantly go back to its owner? I just don't get that XD

So yeaaah, Bleach is kinda back on its sucking vibe...
(Oct. 17, 2013  1:12 PM)Dude Wrote: I hate to say that I told you so, dude, but I told you so XD

Although I really do have to call carp on that as well: Where the hell did those lil' pills come from? Urahara came up with those? How? Wouldn't it have been great to have him ask Grimmjow something like 'I'm gonna need your energy, Grimmjow-san!' I know he's probably still hoping to surprise us with Grimmy's return, but a lil' foreshadowing is always a good idea, eh? Also, I can understand that Hollow energy is poison to a Quincy's body so he would naturally reject the Bankai, but why does it instantly go back to its owner? I just don't get that XD

So yeaaah, Bleach is kinda back on its sucking vibe...
One thing I question though, how the hell did Hitsugaya get a pill in the first place? Urahara explicitly stated that he locked on to the captain's and lieutenant's reiatsu when he distributed the pills with the Tenteikūra, but both Soifon and Hitsugaya's reiatsu disappeared before he sent the pills. That's why Omaeda received the pill instead of Soifon despite lacking a bankai. So Hitsugaya shouldn't have received anything because neither he nor Rangiku should have been locatable.
The pills barely hollowfy the bankai which makes them no longer Quincy compatible leading me to believe the soul of the bankai chooses to return to the soul reaper. It wasn't instant though, Cang Du had at least 50% control until the end of the chapter. I would like to think Urahara got the energy from Nel rather than Grimmjow because she is more cooperative and gullible. I still want Hitsugaya dead followed by Grimmjow vs Bazz-B.
Who else is excited for the anime return in 2021
I actually use to play the mobile game and was a fan a few years ago. Want to watch the anime now
(Nov. 10, 2020  4:46 AM)Bladerbuilder Wrote: I actually use to play the mobile game and was a fan a few years ago. Want to watch the anime now

It’s really good, just use a filler list when watching.
(Nov. 10, 2020  5:00 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Nov. 10, 2020  4:46 AM)Bladerbuilder Wrote: I actually use to play the mobile game and was a fan a few years ago. Want to watch the anime now

It’s really good, just use a filler list when watching.
Ima probably watch via tubi they have it for free with subtitles
(Nov. 10, 2020  5:02 AM)Bladerbuilder Wrote:
(Nov. 10, 2020  5:00 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: It’s really good, just use a filler list when watching.
Ima probably watch via tubi they have it for free with subtitles

Tube is definitely a good streaming service. Here’s a filler list https://www.animefillerlist.com/shows/bleach
(Nov. 10, 2020  5:07 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Nov. 10, 2020  5:02 AM)Bladerbuilder Wrote: Ima probably watch via tubi they have it for free with subtitles

Tube is definitely a good streaming service. Here’s a filler list https://www.animefillerlist.com/shows/bleach

Cool and thanks. Definitely really like bleach tho. I think i started the manga a year ago read only chapter 1 tho
(Nov. 10, 2020  5:11 AM)Bladerbuilder Wrote:
(Nov. 10, 2020  5:07 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: Tube is definitely a good streaming service. Here’s a filler list https://www.animefillerlist.com/shows/bleach

Cool and thanks. Definitely really like bleach tho. I think i started the manga a year ago read only chapter 1 tho

This is just the right time to start as this year the final ark is being animated by, from what I’ve heard, Netflix.
(Nov. 10, 2020  5:32 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Nov. 10, 2020  5:11 AM)Bladerbuilder Wrote: Cool and thanks. Definitely really like bleach tho. I think i started the manga a year ago read only chapter 1 tho

This is just the right time to start as this year the final ark is being animated by, from what I’ve heard, Netflix.

Cool sad to see it end tho
(Nov. 11, 2020  12:03 AM)Bladerbuilder Wrote:
(Nov. 10, 2020  5:32 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: This is just the right time to start as this year the final ark is being animated by, from what I’ve heard, Netflix.

Cool sad to see it end tho

The last chapter was very emotional.