Bleach

(Jan. 04, 2013  3:17 PM)Dude Wrote: Not really sure what difference it makes. Even if it's Haschwald that defeated him, he still got defeated off-panel which, for a character like Kenpachi, I find unforgivable.

I didn't know there was such a thing as Bleach-chapter-online-reviewers, though I suppose that was inevitable XD

I know it's unforgivable, but it makes more sense than Royd, the apparently weaker of the two bothers, beating somebody who essentially one shot killed his brother. I'd like to think Kubo plans a little further in advance than 5 chapters, and its the only thing that justifies his defeat. Kenpachi is basically so strong that after one day of teaching him how to fight properly, Yamamoto feared his potential, and all Zaraki learned was that two hands on a sword works much better than one. Logically speaking Royd had no chance. Kubo has made plot holes before (Rukia's powers from nowhere after the Soul Society Arc are a great example. I have a hard time believing she recently learned her shikai and became that adept with it when she apparently didn't know her Zanpakuto's name in the first chapter), but this one is one of his worst.
Rukia's dub voice sounds alot like Allyson Hannigan anyone else noticed this?
On another note, why is Ichigo the only person whose Zanpakuto requires no incantation? Isn't that the difference between normal and full power in Bleach? It has already been said of Kido techniques, and we know Fujikujaku has a false form when called by its false name, so is it too far fetched to assume that Tensa Zangetsu hasn't truly reached its full power because Ichigo never uses the incantation?
So, chapter 523 finally came out.

For starters, mister Idiot-Dude-With-Ridiculous-Glasses-Whose-Name-I-Will-Never-Remember tells Ichigo and Renji that the featureless beings that soon attack them are the pre-incarnation of a Zanpakuto, those that are loaned to young Soul Reapers that walk out of the academy and that he himself created all of them... Okay, I could believe that, but that doesn't mean he created 'Zanpakuto' at all. Let's think about it for a second: How did Ichigo first obtain his sword? It pretty much appeared out of thin when he became a Soul Reaper. Why wouldn't it be the case for every other Soul Reapers? Anyway, Forger-Dude says that the Zanpakuto are angry because of the way Ichigo and Renji have been using their swords, relying on its strength...

Okay, that's just carp stupid. On several occasions in the past, that topic has been observed, would it be during Ichigo's fight against Kenpachi, when Ichigo obtained Mugetsu or even during the Muramasa filler arc, all of that to arrive at one conclusion: Ichigo and Zangetsu are fighting together as one. One is never above the other in any way, they are partners through and through and Ichigo has NEVER had the pretence that he was better than Zangetsu or that he was a tool. If that speech was served to Kenpachi, then yeah, it'd be perfectly appropriate, as that guy has clearly said Zanpakuto are nothing but tools, but, in Ichigo's case, we've ALREADY been through that carp! Heck, even if we were to admit that Ichigo relies too much on Zangetsu's strength and that he sees Zangetsu as a mere tool, the dude TELLS HIM ON SEVERAL OCCASIONS TO RELY ON HIS STRENGTH!! So yes, this part of the training is still stupid, especially when we see that the featureless Zanpakuto incarnation are all crying. What a bunch of freakin' sissies.

And now, for something much cooler: Kenpachi and Unohana meet up in Muken, the prison where Aizen is kept, so they can fight for a while. Fighting seems more like basic training than actually teaching Kenpachi the ways of the sword, but I'm guessing we won't really get to see that part. What I like about this part is that, while he doesn't really say anything clear towards that, it's easy to feel that Kenpachi actually has some admiration for Unohana Yachiru. We also learn that, before being reformed by captain Yamamoto, Unohana was some sort of murderous villain. I would be very interested in seeing that, actually.

Also, Shunsui says that, if Unohana and Kenpachi are left to fight on their own, one of them will certainly die. While I don't buy for a second Kubo will even go there, from Shunsui's point of view, that seems really counter-productive. If Unohana dies, yeah, you get a stronger Kenpachi to fight for you, but the one that TAUGHT him how to use his strength (i.e Someone that must be very strong and useful in a war) is dead. If Kenpachi dies, you just wasted everyone's time and energy and made Unohana most likely sustain major injuries... Which isn't good for a war, again. But, like I said, Kubo won't even go there.

So yeah... at least the second half of the chapter was good.
If you noticed even though they say X-Zero Division Captain created "blah blah"; its basically that he/she created and perfected the simplest version of that idea and it ended up being inplemented into and important aspect of Shinigami life. Like Ouetsu created the Asauchi which ended up being Zanpakutou and the last chick created a method that ended up being the basis for Gikongan.

Also any relation between Unohana Yachiru and Yachiru Kusajishi?
(Jan. 16, 2013  11:26 PM)Barreto Wrote: Also any relation between Unohana Yachiru and Yachiru Kusajishi?

None beyond the fact Kenpachi named her after Unohana. Unless there is a crazy back story that Kubo is waiting to reveal.

By far, my favorite part of this chapter was learning how Kenpachi got his most prominent scar. If we are to go by their scars, Kenpachi won the last time those two crossed swords, however, Unohana now knows Bankai, which may have not even existed when the Divisions were first formed.
Hey, just had a thought...

Why would the Pre-Incarnation of the Zanpakuto want respect, anyway?! I can understand respecting the Zanpakuto a Soul Reaper fights with all his life (like Ichigo has totally done, you know?) but what kind of respect do those featureless weaklings feel they deserve, exactly? You're all just bland copies of one another that seemingly can't even talk that were all created by some retard and you all LITERALLY live in a HOLE inside said retard's SHACK!! The only thing you deserve respect for is putting up with your crummy lives altogether! Oo

I just don't get it...
What's the deal with the pre-incarnations anyway? Do they develop their personality/ability after they're chosen? Or do they evolve first, then get chosen?
Uwik, they develop their personality/ability after they're chosen, it's like a personalization of the zanpakuto by the wielder's reiatsu.

Dude, IMO, it's cause they are the source of the shinigami's power, and well, some shinigamis didn't use them the correct way, as hinted by biker dude. So they feel 'taken for granted.' IMO, imo.
But then, I remember quite vividly when Ichigo first acquired Zangetsu. It was as if, they're already there, each with their own ability. Of all the many different shapes and sizes, Ichigo chose one that resonated the most with him, which was Zangetsu. So in that sense, Shinigami chooses the already evolved zanpaktou.

I don't know, I agree with Dude, the whole pre-incarnation thing is quite lame.
(Jan. 18, 2013  5:29 AM)Uwik Wrote: But then, I remember quite vividly when Ichigo first acquired Zangetsu. It was as if, they're already there, each with their own ability. Of all the many different shapes and sizes, Ichigo chose one that resonated the most with him, which was Zangetsu. So in that sense, Shinigami chooses the already evolved zanpaktou.

I don't know, I agree with Dude, the whole pre-incarnation thing is quite lame.

I was under the impression that Ichigo's first zanpakuto was the result of his imments reiatsu pouring through Rukia's Asauchi, which, after its destruction, was replaced while she was in the Soul Society. I was also under the impression that that blade was not Zangetsu, but I could be wrong.
So, in chapter 524, Kenpachi and Unohana exchange hits for a while...

THEN KENPACHI CRIES LIKE A FREAKIN' B*TCH!!!
http://www.mangabee.com/Bleach/524/16/

Tite Kubo REALLY doesn't know what the fans want out of him, does he?
Maybe I read this chapter wrong, but did she just kill him and revive him?
Actually either she killed him or....Kenpachi really gonna slaughter after a freaking sword through his neck....which is like a border to death which would make him stronger?
I think it's more like a flash-forward into the future thing that Kenpachi did. It's as if he has this ability to see a glimpse of the future. In this case, he sees a sword through his neck, and masochistically turns him on, since he knows it's a worthy fight.

Here's my guess.
- Both Kenpachi and Unohana will live. Seriously, Kubo is not gonna kill off either one.
- Kenpachi will learn his shikai.. or better yet.. bankai. Or perhaps he's actually already in a perpetual shikai state (similar to Ichigo). I still feel that the sword through the neck thing is a 'looking-into-the-future' ability of sort.
(Jan. 26, 2013  8:34 AM)Uwik Wrote: I think it's more like a flash-forward into the future thing that Kenpachi did. It's as if he has this ability to see a glimpse of the future. In this case, he sees a sword through his neck, and masochistically turns him on, since he knows it's a worthy fight.

Here's my guess.
- Both Kenpachi and Unohana will live. Seriously, Kubo is not gonna kill off either one.
- Kenpachi will learn his shikai.. or better yet.. bankai. Or perhaps he's actually already in a perpetual shikai state (similar to Ichigo). I still feel that the sword through the neck thing is a 'looking-into-the-future' ability of sort.

The blood remains splattered on Yachiru's face though. That and the conversation about him being unconscious led me to believe that it actually happened.
I kinda think Kenpachi's ability is more to cheating death.

I mean, firstly he's just.. Well, OP without knowing his sword's name.
Secondly, what Unohana said after she jabbed him in the throat kinda makes me feel that he did 'die'..
Bleach Chapter 525= I CARPING CALLED IT!
We finally get the flashback between Yachiru and Zaraki, and we find out why His power fluctuates about as much as Ichigo's. It turns out that as a child Zaraki's power eclipsed even Yachiru's, and because she was the first to be able to challenge him, he sealed his power basically the same way Superman did, so that he would only usee it when he needed to for survival's sake. This explain's why Old man Yama wouldn't train him. Fighting someone as strong as him would basically unlock Zaraki's full potential and make him at minimum the second strongest captain, and at most THE strongest. It also explains how he is a war potential. I hate the use of a cliche' like this, but at least its been explained. Also I don't think Unohana is dead, I can't see the healer dying before the War is in full swing, unless of course the letter to Isane tells us something remarkable about the lietenant. In all a short but sweet chapter.
I actually very much liked this chapter. Kenpachi seems to be some sort of a freakish monster, even as a child, which I find cool. I also like that Unohana was apparently routinely going to the Rukongai just to kill people out of boredom... Now, I REALLY want to see more of murderous, villain Unohana Oo

It's surprisingly sad that, these days, the manga is only good when we spend as little time as possible in God's Dimension...
I was under the impression that Unohana was "killing" (giving him deadly blows) Kenpachi but then healing him right after. Isn't this what happened?
Pretty sure it is. It's to drag out his burried, deadlier instincts, or something.
No Bleach this week (By Sunday, that much is pretty obvious) Kubo-san caught the flu of some carp and couldn't work.

Man, if only it was possible to write chapters in advance by working a lil' harder to have a lil' freedom when it comes to releasing those chapters. Too bad that's physically impossible...

Seriously, it's not like the most recent chapters have demanded much work. In the Asauchi's realm, the background is all black!
So... The most recent chapter...

It was pretty stupid. Kenpachi and Unohana just keep on fighting and then, Unohana uses her Bankai, Minazuki, and pretty much everything around the two of them begins seeping copious amounts of blood. Kenpachi also starts desintegrating... In conclusion, I have absolutely no idea what her Bankai does. Like, at all.

And then Unohana supposedly dies, but I'm not buying it one bit.

Honestly, I'm not really sure what happened, there. This chapter is just... it's pretty bad Oo Someone just read it and tell me if you got that any more than I did...
Unohana mastered healing to go on fighting while Kenpachi lowered his power levels.
How OP is Kenpachi now?

I have to agree with you Dude, it was seriously random. Even with her 'farewell' statement, Kubo shouldn't kill off a main character like that with a MEASLY Bankai show.
Can't really call that a measly Bankai show as much as... well, what the hell IS her Bankai?! The seeping blood thing was pretty cool, but then, Kenpachi started dying, and... then didn't die, and... what the hell DID happen?!

I'm serious, I dare anyone to explain to me clearly what Unohana's Bankai does...

And if Minazuki is her Bankai, what's the name of her Shikai? And what's its calling verb?

This feels rushed...