Bleach

Chapter 511........
Captain-Commander Genryūsai Shigekuni Yamamoto is dead, the Captains have fallen, the Quincy soldiers have mobilized and conquered, the Seireitei lies in ashes, and Juha Bach has accomplished what no other villain in Bleach could, the annihilation of the 13 Court Guard Squads. Now he waits for Squad 0 to arrive, but someone has appeared in the sky to his surprise. This is the most surprising chapter I've read because I expected someone to show up after Yamamoto fell, but no one came. He annihilated everything completely unopposed. Now I see the reason he wanted to recruit Aizen was because he is truly stronger than him. This is the darkest I've seen Bleach get in a long long time. We see Yamamoto cut in half, no discretion shots like usual, just gore. The death of Yamamoto shocks the remaining Captains, who are shot down. Then when he shows he isn't dead yet we see him disarmed, literally. There are coments made that suggest he was wounded by Bach 1000 years ago but refused to go to Orihime because he detest humans. Then we learn that when the divisions came together at first, they were blood thirsty warmongers killing hollows and humans until the genocide of the Quincies took place, after which the divisions got soft. In the blink of an eye what's left of Yamamoto was obliterated. Shock Troops drop in and wipe out the survivors, and we get a shot of the Seireitei crumbling, every building is turned into rubble, not even Sōkyoku Hill is left standing. Wow, I don't know how to feel about this.

Possibilities for the "New Challeger"
Shunsui
Ichigo
Ichigo Urahara and Mystery character(could be Grimmjow, Nel, Isshin, Yoruichi with he Zanpakuto for the first time)
Ryuken and Uryu Ishida
Squad 0
Aizen (with the Seireitei in ashes he could have inadvertently been released
Isshin
Hiyori and the remaining Visards

Well, this is depressing...

Dead captain-commander isn't really a problem for me, he was an all-around boring character. When you think about it, he was just a power house but never really thought about a situation. At no point did he find it odd that Bach was so easy to defeat at first? Didn't he think Bach would've come ready for Yamamoto? Kind of an idiot, when you think about it... Furthermore, that's the same guy who didn't even blink in hesitation when Rukia was sentenced to the worst possible punishment in the Soul Society just for staying in the world of the living too long and giving her powers to Ichigo to save both her own life and the lives of a few humans, while even Renji, once told of it by Aizen, thought it was weird... That's just stupid.

I am rather interested to learn more about Squad 0 and I'm glad Kubo didn't forget about that. I'm also curious to know what they'll do with survivors, kill them or keep them as prisoners? Anyway, still not hitting any kind of high point, but... well, that's it.
512 was boring and fast, it took ichigo 18 pages just to get to the battlefield. There was a throw away conversation with a dying Byakuya that only informs us that Renji and Rukia are still alive. We see that Kensei, Ikkaku, Hitsugaya, Shinji, Kurotsuchi, Yumichika, Rangiku, and Hisagi are still standing. None of them are heavy hitters, especially considering Hitsugaya has no Bankai. the only question I have is , who is this captain? Hopefully the story will actually pick up the pace next week.
Byakuya: I don't have much time left... Please... Protect the Soul Society.

Ichigo: Y'know, with my incredible speed and ability to detect anyone in an absurd radius like I just did to confirm Rukia and Renji's state, I could probably bring you to Captain Unohana for a quick healing or, at least, heal what she can to keep you from dying.

Byakuya: ...

Of course not. Why act intelligently, right? There's no point in doing that at all :roll:

So yeah, bit of a boring chapter, but I am curious as to who that new captain is. Squad 0, perhaps?
Apparently, that "captain" was just Akon, the R&D trench coat threw me off. I'm only partially interested in Ichigo's fight, because I really want to know what happened to Urahara more than anything. I am willing to make this prediction right now, If Ichigo defeats Juha Bach in this battle, Ryuken Ishida is the true villain of this ark. I could easily be wrong, but the comment by Kirge makes me confident.
Having Ryuken as the villain would honestly be pretty awesome. He's sly, he's cool and his past is kinda shady.

Probably not the case, though, knowing Kubo...
So, chapter 513 is out and we see some more stuff about Byakuya apparently dying, his Zanpakuto even shattering to pieces. If Byakuya IS dead, which I'm really not buying, I want Rukia to be the new head of the clan! Give her some more panel time and a renewed strength, for Christ's sake, she's a great character! Probably won't happen, but I can only hope... Didn't really like Byakuya, anyway.

Anyway, we cut to Ichigo vs. Bach and Haschwald (The emotionless, Ulquiorra-like character) and Bach basically just bitchslaps Ichigo down and stabs his sword in his throat... Well, how anti-climactic... Oh, but that's not it, of course, because Bach turns around and sees Ichigo was protected by a Blut Vene, an ability demonstrated only by Stern Ritters! http://www.mangahere.com/manga/bleach/v53/c513/19.html *Shocking music* Then he just blasts the carp out of Bach in a pretty cool panel, though it's probably not nearly enough to end him.

So yes: Yet again, Ichigo displays abilities belonging to any race but his own... Kubo better freakin' have a damn good explanation for the fact that Ichigo is a Human-Soul Reaper-Hollow-Fullbringer-Quincy horrible hybrid...
Why does it strike me that there is an obvious reason we're not seeing?
I think I've found it now.
What if Masaki was a Quincy? It doesn't explain how he kne how to use Blut Vene but it would explain why Aizen found Ichigo interesting and why he's a Shingami/Hollow/Human/Quincy/Fullbringer hybrid. Or the Quincy part anyway.
Also moving back a little bit, I'm pretty sure Yamamoto's arm was injured in the fight against Aizen when he used the flaming-giant-sword-kido. Cause you could actually see his arm cracking. If that wasn't it then me go crazy. Bwaaaaaa!
(Oct. 24, 2012  4:23 PM)Blitzy Wrote: Why does it strike me that there is an obvious reason we're not seeing?
I think I've found it now.
What if Masaki was a Quincy? It doesn't explain how he kne how to use Blut Vene but it would explain why Aizen found Ichigo interesting and why he's a Shingami/Hollow/Human/Quincy/Fullbringer hybrid. Or the Quincy part anyway.

That is honestly the only remaining explanation that would make any sense. It also explains why Isshin is no longer a captain, there is no way he could fall in love with a Quincy and remain in the Soul Society. I've also heard a theory that Masaki was mother to both Ichigo and Uryu, but that doesn't seem likely. If that were true, Isshin and Ryuken would have too much bad blood to even be able to converse with each other. The ending made the chapter worth it to me. It gave me something to think about for the next week.
The Masaki-Quincy theory does make sense, but it would feel a bit clumsy. For that kind of reveal, they'd need to at least give a hint at some point, but I don't think Masaki has even been mentionned since the end of Grand Fischer's battle waaaaaaaaaaaaaay back when the manga started...

I dunno...I guess we'll see.
(Oct. 24, 2012  9:57 PM)Dude Wrote: The Masaki-Quincy theory does make sense, but it would feel a bit clumsy. For that kind of reveal, they'd need to at least give a hint at some point, but I don't think Masaki has even been mentionned since the end of Grand Fischer's battle waaaaaaaaaaaaaay back when the manga started...

I dunno...I guess we'll see.

This guy has a theory, that Aizen was going to say Ichigo is both a Quincy and a Shinigami before Isshin attacked to interrupt him and to prevent him from finishing his statement.
And I think I know how Ichigo used Blut Vene.
In the same way he kept using the Getsuga Tensho prior to attaining bankai, here instead in a heat-of-the-moment situation he accidentally forced the technique out. Or something like that. This is just a theory, though.
I am going to latch on to this theory. It honestly makes sense, if Isshin was in the Royal Guard, no one would know of him, and the ones who did wouldn't speak of him, much like they never speak of anyone in the current Royal Guard. My favorite part is the idea that Masaki was Ryuken's sister. This never occurred to me but seeing as how we don't know her maiden name, it is entirely possible. This explains why she couldn't defend herself from Grand Fisher, because she wasn't an active Quincy, she never learned how to use those powers. Ichigo could have picked them up as a recessive trait. We have to admit, Kubo has previously laid enough foundation for this theory to be at the very least plausible.
So, chapter 514 pretty much confirms the whole 'Masaki is a Quincy' theory when Bach kinda teases that Ichigo knows nothing about his own mother. But then, a plot convenience attacks when some sort of shadow-like-thing, like the human-shaped shadow that brought back the very first Vander Reich member back to his world, stops Bach. They decide that it's time to go back to a place they literally call 'Vander Reich', meaning their world is called that, but Ichigo attacks promptly.

But Haschwald stops him with his own sword, cutting Tensa Zangetsu in the process, showing off quite a bit of strength. I believe this is the first time Tensa Zangetsu is broken, isn't it? Plain Zangetsu's been broken more times than Big Macs have been eaten in the world, but this is sort of a first... except when Tensa Zangetsu himself broke it while refusing to teach Ichigo Mugetsu, but I'm not sure if that counts... Also, Bach is surprised that he's out of time in the Soul Society and assumes Aizen must have somehow tricked his perception of time. On one side, I like that, showing that even if he's a jailed psychopath, even Aizen hates Quincies... but it also doesn't make sense. Aizen's Zanpakuto disappeared, didn't it? How could he alter the perception of time without Kyoka Suigetsu? Whatever...

So, my guess is that next chapter will be the very depressing body-count and sadness and all that stuff. Joy.
(Oct. 30, 2012  2:06 PM)Dude Wrote: So, chapter 514 pretty much confirms the whole 'Masaki is a Quincy' theory when Bach kinda teases that Ichigo knows nothing about his own mother. But then, a plot convenience attacks when some sort of shadow-like-thing, like the human-shaped shadow that brought back the very first Vander Reich member back to his world, stops Bach. They decide that it's time to go back to a place they literally call 'Vander Reich', meaning their world is called that, but Ichigo attacks promptly.

But Haschwald stops him with his own sword, cutting Tensa Zangetsu in the process, showing off quite a bit of strength. I believe this is the first time Tensa Zangetsu is broken, isn't it? Plain Zangetsu's been broken more times than Big Macs have been eaten in the world, but this is sort of a first... except when Tensa Zangetsu himself broke it while refusing to teach Ichigo Mugetsu, but I'm not sure if that counts... Also, Bach is surprised that he's out of time in the Soul Society and assumes Aizen must have somehow tricked his perception of time. On one side, I like that, showing that even if he's a jailed psychopath, even Aizen hates Quincies... but it also doesn't make sense. Aizen's Zanpakuto disappeared, didn't it? How could he alter the perception of time without Kyoka Suigetsu? Whatever...

So, my guess is that next chapter will be the very depressing body-count and sadness and all that stuff. Joy.

That is definitely a first, not even Ulquiorra managed to break Tensa Zangetsu. I'm shocked that Haschwald is that strong, but I was half expecting it. Aizen may have absorbed some of his Zanpakuto's abilities when using the Hōgyoku, how ever he did it will probably not make any sense. I'm more interested in Bach now, is he Masaki's father? Brother? Does he just know of her through one of his subordinates? (I'd be willing to buy Haschwald being her brother) Is he related to Uryu and Ryuken? So many questions that won't be answered in the next chapter. As for the body count, I'm gonna say Kenpachi lives, Yamamoto, Byakuya, Kira, and those nameless seats all dead. There might be time for a Captain's meeting to discuss who the new Captain Commander will be. There is also the possibility that the Royal Guard Squad Zero will show up and take control and prepare for a counter attack. On another note...WHO THE CARP KILLED KIRGE???? AND WHY CAN'T KUBO GO ONE BATTLE WITHOUT FORGETTING NEL??
Why did Juha Bach say at the end "My son, born in the darkness" ?.
Does that mean he is Ichigo's father?
I'm confused now.
(Nov. 01, 2012  8:50 PM)Blitzy Wrote: Why did Juha Bach say at the end "My son, born in the darkness" ?.
Does that mean he is Ichigo's father?
I'm confused now.

I think it's because he regards himself as the 'Father of Quincy'..? Hence, the "My son" comment.

As for the "born in the darkness", it could just simply mean:
1 Ichigo is oblivious that he's actually of Quincy bloodline.
2 Ichigo being a Shinigami, which is the rival of Quincy.

Anyway, is it just me that finds Ichigo being a Quincy as a major cliche? I mean, think of it as this:
1. Ichigo as a human, meets Shinigami, then becomes a Shinigami.
2. Ichigo meets Vizards, then becomes Vizards,
3. Ichigo meets Arrancars, then his hollowed form becomes 'Arrancar'-ish as well.
4. Ichigo meets Fullbringer, then he becomes Fullbringer.
5. Current arc now revolves around Quincy, Ichigo is now a Quincy as well..?

In the bigger picture, the story line is extremely linear and monotonous. Sure, the last few manga volumes are somewhat epic with the reveal of Yamamoto's bankai, but that's about it, isn't it? This illustration sums up the 3 big Jump mangas real well, imho.
dude ichigo, die ,not good
I mean seriosly who shot him in the heart , was it a espada or just a average hollow
By the way, according to a friend of mine that has mild knowledge of German, 'Stern Ritter' would mean something like 'Knight of the Stars'

...Perhaps speaking of the Jew star, considering the Nazis-like nature of the Vander Reich...

That's awkward as hell, man.
(Nov. 02, 2012  6:37 AM)raystriker9 Wrote: dude ichigo, die ,not good
I mean seriosly who shot him in the heart , was it a espada or just a average hollow

What chapter/episode are you talking about?
So, as I had guessed, chapter 515 is merely the depressive body-count... However, the body count is surprisingly tame, limiting itself to just 1: The Captain-Commander.

Yep, Kenpachi and Byakuya, while in bad shape and in a coma, have both 'escaped death'. What a freakin' shock. Rukia and Renji have also received treatment (from Shinji, for some reason) and are also both going to be fine. Again, what a shock. Not sure why Shinji was the one to operate on them... was he ever shown to have surgeon abilities? Oo Anyway, after that, the remaining captains gather and act depressed, of course.

So yeah, things happen pretty much the way you'd think they'd happen... but what interests me is that Mayuri apparently summoned Ichigo to fix his Zanpakuto, but, since Ichigo knows he's a Quincy, couldn't he ask Mayuri something like 'Hey, the leader of the enemy said I was part Quincy through my mother, could you make a few tests on me to maybe come up with an efficient weapon against those invaders or, at least, confirm or infirm the theory? Thanks'

I dunno... feel like it would be useful to know Uncertain
now...ichigo is a quincy....
he is really a mixture of all types of hazardous chemicals huh...i mean..he is a mixture of everything now???hahaha
dude i see bleach but i do not know the meaning of bleach,can you please tell me the meaning.
i think you can go google and find the meaning of "bleach" hahaha...
seriously...its the thing that your mom used to remove stain on your white shirt.....

btw...i find "bleach" storyline is just getting ridiculous...should had stop after he fought aizen..hahah..
the storyline is kinda "Pirate of Caribbean 4"...
Byakuya should have died, If there is one thing I don't like about this chapter its the fact that they saved him. That kill his awesome death scene that showed his Zanpakuto disentegrate.