Bleach

Chapter 516, while very interesting, is also horribly, disturbingly disappointing.

As it was said in the previous chapter, Ichigo goes to Kurotsuchi to get his Zanpakuto fixed only for the scientist to tell him it's impossible because, while it's easy to fix a Zanpakuto in Shikai, a broken Bankai stays that way forever. There are two things that come to mind with this revelation. 1: TRANING MONTAGE FEATURING ICHIGO REGAINING HIS BANKAI. 2: That really doesn't make sense. He explains that there are some exceptions like Komamura whose Bankai heals when the user is healed (Just like the Bankai is hurt when the user is hurt) and notes a few difference in Bankai like when Renji's Bankai got partially destroyed by Byakuya, the blades (Those pieces of bamboo, I guess) never returned...

That makes no sense. How about the time Szayel Aporro LITTERALLY BLEW THE FREAKIN' carp OUT OF HIS BANKAI INTO TINY PIECES OF SHREDS?! Or heck, how about the time when Uryuu shot a giant arrow through your own Bankai, blowing it in half and piercing a huge hole in you too, Mayuri?! Or what, are you another exception? This lil' fact is, I believe, introduced way too late into the manga, so late in fact that Tite Kubo apparently didn't think all the details through. But hey, we all know Ichigo will get his Zanpakuto back, right? Or some sort of super-power, anyway. Also, we finally, FINALLY learn of what happened to Kon. Apparently, he followed Rukia, favoring her instead of our orange-haired protagonist, and got a lil' beefed up off-screen. However, he doesn't stick around for too long as we learn SQUAD 0 just got here. The real disappointing comes next. Ichigo and Mayuri go to some place to welcome the arrival of the famed Squad, whom we learn has no soldiers, only five captains and travels through giant white columns that emerge from the ground...

And they look totally lame.

Dear God, do they look lame... The only one that looks passable is the fourth one from the left, but, other than that... Holy shiet to they look bad Oo However, I'm guessing Kubo is borrowing a bit from the Fairy Tail book of story-telling: In that manga, the elders or the old people from a previous generation of wizards all look like carp as well but they're mighty powerful, they've just gotten so old that they don't care about being physically intimidating and badass... But Fairy Tail is a totally different story! It works in Fairy Tail because the mood of that manga is generally calm and, while the story itself is epic, the menace never really reaches any sort of dread. Bleach, right now, is a story in which a well-organized, large empire of quite powerful Quincies has not only decided to invade the Soul Society but has also proven that they are absolutely able to do it... and our Deus Ex Machina for this situation are those five uninspired, unoriginal, unintimidating and overall really boring-looking characters...

Tite Kubo just keeps shooting himself in the foot, doesn't he...
i agree that squad zero is horribly lame..excepts for the nico robin one..and why is there "Kuwabara of Yu Yu Hakusho" and "Brook of One Piece".....hahahah.....
really spirit world thing..hahah
(Nov. 14, 2012  1:37 PM)Dude Wrote: Chapter 516, while very interesting, is also horribly, disturbingly disappointing.

As it was said in the previous chapter, Ichigo goes to Kurotsuchi to get his Zanpakuto fixed only for the scientist to tell him it's impossible because, while it's easy to fix a Zanpakuto in Shikai, a broken Bankai stays that way forever. There are two things that come to mind with this revelation. 1: TRANING MONTAGE FEATURING ICHIGO REGAINING HIS BANKAI. 2: That really doesn't make sense. He explains that there are some exceptions like Komamura whose Bankai heals when the user is healed (Just like the Bankai is hurt when the user is hurt) and notes a few difference in Bankai like when Renji's Bankai got partially destroyed by Byakuya, the blades (Those pieces of bamboo, I guess) never returned...

That makes no sense. How about the time Szayel Aporro LITTERALLY BLEW THE FREAKIN' carp OUT OF HIS BANKAI INTO TINY PIECES OF SHREDS?! Or heck, how about the time when Uryuu shot a giant arrow through your own Bankai, blowing it in half and piercing a huge hole in you too, Mayuri?! Or what, are you another exception? This lil' fact is, I believe, introduced way too late into the manga, so late in fact that Tite Kubo apparently didn't think all the details through. But hey, we all know Ichigo will get his Zanpakuto back, right? Or some sort of super-power, anyway. Also, we finally, FINALLY learn of what happened to Kon. Apparently, he followed Rukia, favoring her instead of our orange-haired protagonist, and got a lil' beefed up off-screen. However, he doesn't stick around for too long as we learn SQUAD 0 just got here. The real disappointing comes next. Ichigo and Mayuri go to some place to welcome the arrival of the famed Squad, whom we learn has no soldiers, only five captains and travels through giant white columns that emerge from the ground...

And they look totally lame.

Dear God, do they look lame... The only one that looks passable is the fourth one from the left, but, other than that... Holy shiet to they look bad Oo However, I'm guessing Kubo is borrowing a bit from the Fairy Tail book of story-telling: In that manga, the elders or the old people from a previous generation of wizards all look like carp as well but they're mighty powerful, they've just gotten so old that they don't care about being physically intimidating and badass... But Fairy Tail is a totally different story! It works in Fairy Tail because the mood of that manga is generally calm and, while the story itself is epic, the menace never really reaches any sort of dread. Bleach, right now, is a story in which a well-organized, large empire of quite powerful Quincies has not only decided to invade the Soul Society but has also proven that they are absolutely able to do it... and our Deus Ex Machina for this situation are those five uninspired, unoriginal, unintimidating and overall really boring-looking characters...

Tite Kubo just keeps shooting himself in the foot, doesn't he...

Szayelaporro nullified Renji's bankai, he didn't actually destroy it, and Mayuri stated that he never fixed his bankai, he just modified it, so I doubt his applies to the rule. Kubo did a pretty good job at covering his bases this time, and he clearly though about it for at least a little while compared to some of his other decisions. As for the Zero Squad, I do believe their looks are based on retro styles because of their age and nothing more.
You're surprisingly optimistic there. Interesting '_'

While I'll accept that explanation for Mayuri's Bankai (Even though he really pretty much made it look exactly the same, no modifications) I don't really buy it for Renji. I mean look at this: It's shred to pieces! But whatever, it IS rather minor...
Shouldn't Mayuri be able to "modify" as he calls it, Ichigo's bankai? This is a classic example of not thinking. Also, I'm sorry if anybody disagrees.
(Nov. 15, 2012  11:12 PM)Blitzy Wrote: Shouldn't Mayuri be able to "modify" as he calls it, Ichigo's bankai? This is a classic example of not thinking. Also, I'm sorry if anybody disagrees.

Why should he? He hasn't helped anyone else with a damaged bankai. I'd say he either can't or doesn't care. He isn't exactly a sympathetic character, and he certainly isn't know for helping others.
(Nov. 08, 2012  2:48 PM)Benjohadi Wrote: i think you can go google and find the meaning of "bleach" hahaha...
seriously...its the thing that your mom used to remove stain on your white shirt.....

btw...i find "bleach" storyline is just getting ridiculous...should had stop after he fought aizen..hahah..
the storyline is kinda "Pirate of Caribbean 4"...

its about a group of teens that kill hollows to protect their family and friends
(Nov. 08, 2012  2:32 PM)meteor of death Wrote: dude i see bleach but i do not know the meaning of bleach,can you please tell me the meaning.

(Nov. 19, 2012  1:02 AM)The Dark Spirit Wrote:
(Nov. 08, 2012  2:48 PM)Benjohadi Wrote: i think you can go google and find the meaning of "bleach" hahaha...
seriously...its the thing that your mom used to remove stain on your white shirt.....

btw...i find "bleach" storyline is just getting ridiculous...should had stop after he fought aizen..hahah..
the storyline is kinda "Pirate of Caribbean 4"...

its about a group of teens that kill hollows to protect their family and friends
i believe he know what bleach manga/ anime is...
but he is asking what is the real meaning bleach meaning....

btw..you meant a group of not aging "teen" with an old folk commanding them...??hahah..
Sooooo, chapter 517 basically confirms that, yes indeed, most of the captains of Squad 0 are lame.

First of all, Shinji talks with Kirio Hikifune, the mother-figure Hiyori loved so much. It seems like the members of Squad 0 have those really weird nicknames, like Kirio having the 'King of Cereals' name... Just strenghen their lame-factor... Shinji comments that Kirio's very different (Apparently, she gained weight...) We also meet the only cool-looking captain of the bunch, that is Senshummaru Shutara whose ability could be the coolest in Bleach yet: creating an apparently endless amount of infinitely long skeleton-arms from her back. That's just... so simple and yet so awesome Oo Anyway, she and Mayuri seem to know each other but we don't really elaborate on that.

The guy with the ridiculous haircut and the stick in his mouth (I thought it was a pipe but it doesn't really look like one, on closer inspection...) talks to Unohana about the healing techniques he thought her, meaning that he must have been her mentor or something. He also says that while they'll take those that risk death back into the King's dimension (Byakuya, Rukia, Renji and Ichigo's Zanpakuto) Unohana needs to do 'something other than healing' meaning that perhaps we'll finally, FINALLY get to see the fearsome Unohana fight a bit. Beard-dude, ririduclous-haircut-man and that-guy-wearing glasses don't get named and I don't think the guy wearing glasses even speaks at all... Chapter ends with Kisuke contacting the group, somehow...

Well... Senshumaru is cool, at least...
There were a few very interesting things in this chapter
- Unohana's first name, Retsu, means dangerous. That means from inception, Kubo planned for her to have a much darker side.
-The person who showed up in Hueco Mundo in most likely Isshin based on the end of the chapter. Just look at Ichigo's face.
- The ridiculous haired character said one of the most important lines yet which explains the Zero Squad's lack of intervention. "Our job is protecting the king's palace, Your job is protecting the Seireitei...'Gotei' means exactly that... and if you need our help because you can't protect it, then you're dishonoring your name!"
- Senshummaru Shutara, my favorite by far, knows Mayuri and implies that his lab was hers, or at the very least she worked there(I'm waiting for the better translation to clear that up). That is the most interesting character design Kubo has made yet.
-Tensa Zangetsu might get a power up at the Soul King's palace
-Some have a theorized that the Soul King might offer Ichigo a temporary spot on the Zero Squad because he has essentially risen above the power level of a captain ranked shinigami.
This week's chapter might as well have been called 'Giant Tease and Asking a lot of question without answering any'

And that's really not good...
(Nov. 28, 2012  1:50 PM)Dude Wrote: This week's chapter might as well have been called 'Giant Tease and Asking a lot of question without answering any'

And that's really not good...

He answered a few. We know that Grimmjow is back. Look at the arm in the third panel. That is definitely Grimmjow's arm. No other character has an outfit with a sleeve like that. We know that even Squad Zero can't repair a broken bankai, but the Zanpakuto can be forged again to have a similar appearance. That leads me to believe that the Spirit and powers of the Zanpakuto could possibly change while the blade looks the same. The dead Fullbringers have crossed into the Soul Society, so I am really wondering what Kukakku is planning to use them for. I must say I enjoyed the design of the Soul King's palace. The way everything floats gives it a different feel from any other location in Bleach, at least in my opinion it does. I'm going to say that next chapter we see the Soul King, but closer to the end of the chapter since that seems to be the way Kubo likes to reveal new characters.

Also, has anyone else considered that maybe Squad Zero is using a device like a gigai to cloak their powers? I remember way back in the Soul Society arc they mentioned Captains and Lieutenants had limits put on their powers so they wouldn't adversely affect the world of the living, and any time a Captain showed up even Lieutenant level shinigami trembled at their reiatsu. This even held true until the end of the Aizen fight, so why is it that when Squad Zero arrived everyone reacted as if they were akin to regular Captains? I don't necessarily side with the theory that has been circulating that their current appearances are not their actual appearances because only Hikifune has changed drastically, everyone else is recognizable, but I feel like their powers are definitely being masked.
So... Uhh, the fourth Bleach movie's been dubbed and is already released, apparently!

http://www.justdubs.net/article/Episodes/18523

Wow... How could I not hear even a single word about that? Oo
So, chapter 519 is out and stuff...

*Sigh*

So, Ichigo goes to the King's dimension and we learn a few minor details like that the Oken, the key to this dimension that the Soul King lives in, is actually the bones of the members of squad 0. Okay, I can dig that and, apparently, Aizen was trying to create life similar to a member of Squad 0, which could be cool, if it ever happened (Which it won't) and Ichigo goes to a hot spring with the dude with the crazy hair that's kind of a jerk and they exchange a bunch of useless info, more jokes about Ichigo being prude...we see Rukia's butt and stuff (Why don't you just go ahead a draw full Hentai while you're at it, Kubo?) It just feels like Kubo's immaturity grew even more than before, it's pretty insane Uncertain Except for the black-haired woman, none, NONE of the feared Squad 0 members are cool AT ALL and I especially hate the guy with vthe ridiculous hair and stick in his mouth whose name is apparently Kirinji.

Oh and get this: Shutara says that Aizen is unmistakebly the personnification of evil and, considering what he's done, I'd tend to agree, somewhat, but, right after that, she says that the Quincies are even worst! Wrost than the PERSONNIFICATION OF EVIL?! How can that even be?! Don't blow Aizen's evilness out of proportion like that if you're gonna say someone's worst than he is right after that Oo

But the most disappointing part for me is that we see a sneek peak of the King of Souls

Oh...my...god... What the holy carpness is that?!

I seriously hope this is a dodge, or something, and that this isn't really our Soul King... 'cuz if he is, I'd understand Aizen for calling him a 'thing' Oo
(Dec. 05, 2012  12:32 PM)Dude Wrote: So, chapter 519 is out and stuff...

*Sigh*

So, Ichigo goes to the King's dimension and we learn a few minor details like that the Oken, the key to this dimension that the Soul King lives in, is actually the bones of the members of squad 0. Okay, I can dig that and, apparently, Aizen was trying to create life similar to a member of Squad 0, which could be cool, if it ever happened (Which it won't) and Ichigo goes to a hot spring with the dude with the crazy hair that's kind of a jerk and they exchange a bunch of useless info, more jokes about Ichigo being prude...we see Rukia's butt and stuff (Why don't you just go ahead a draw full Hentai while you're at it, Kubo?) It just feels like Kubo's immaturity grew even more than before, it's pretty insane Uncertain Except for the black-haired woman, none, NONE of the feared Squad 0 members are cool AT ALL and I especially hate the guy with vthe ridiculous hair and stick in his mouth whose name is apparently Kirinji.

Oh and get this: Shutara says that Aizen is unmistakebly the personnification of evil and, considering what he's done, I'd tend to agree, somewhat, but, right after that, she says that the Quincies are even worst! Wrost than the PERSONNIFICATION OF EVIL?! How can that even be?! Don't blow Aizen's evilness out of proportion like that if you're gonna say someone's worst than he is right after that Oo

But the most disappointing part for me is that we see a sneek peak of the King of Souls

Oh...my...god... What the holy carpness is that?!

I seriously hope this is a dodge, or something, and that this isn't really our Soul King... 'cuz if he is, I'd understand Aizen for calling him a 'thing' Oo

I honestly feel somewhat trolled simply because of the similarity between the Soul King and Hogyouku Aizen. I guess Kubo has a legitimate idea by distinguishing him from most of the characters by appearance alone rather than recycle the Ichigo/Uryu standard face with a new hair style, or make a Jidanbo looking character, but still. Also Rukia's butt was rather unnecessary, and I guess logically speaking that is the only way anyone would see it.
i like bleach and i just found this thread..........(facepalm)
(Nov. 29, 2012  2:28 AM)Dude Wrote: So... Uhh, the fourth Bleach movie's been dubbed and is already released, apparently!

http://www.justdubs.net/article/Episodes/18523

Wow... How could I not hear even a single word about that? Oo

I felt the need to buy it and watch it on DVD for some reason, and I must ask, When the carp is this supposed to take place? I know the movies aren't cannon, but still, we see the Full Hollow Ichigo vs Ulquiorra fight, then the movie starts. Last time I checked by the end of that day Ichigo was powerless and remained so for 17 months, until he regained them in the Fullbring arc which leads straight into the current arc during which he has yet to use his hollow powers. Yes I'm aware the movie was made in 2010, but there is no way to make it make sense. I only bring this up because the first three movies felt as if they could fit within the continuity, and this one makes it an impossibility.
The answer is actually pretty simple: They REALLY wanted to make Full-Hollow Ichigo appear in this because of how popular he is. I can understand since it IS a really cool character but... Yeah, they could've waited.

Seriously, it just comes down to basic fan service Uncertain

Anyway, in chapter 520 a LOT of stuff happens real fast. Skipping over Ichigo and Renji healing super fast, we learn that Shunsui has been appointed captain of Squad 1 and, as such, is the new commander of the Gotei 13. Kind of an insane decision, if you ask me, considering Shunsui is well-known for being an immature, lazy bum, but I suppose they're kinda desperate. Personally, I would've appointed both Shunsui and Ukitake as temporary replacements, but what do I know. So, this is where the good stuff comes: After settling some stupid business with the Chuo 46, Shunsui announces that his first goal is going to be to teach Kenpachi the 'Art of Killing'. Finally Oo But who's going to teach him such a thing? How about the very first Kenpachi: UNOHANA RETSU!!!! Okay, everyone knew Unohana was actually crazy-powerful, but to the point of her being the first Kenpachi? That's actually pretty cool. Furthermore, it seems her real name is Yachiru Unohana. Wonder for how long Tite Kubo had planned this reveal...

So, Ichigo and Renji are heading out of their sauna trip to train somewhere, it seems. Naturally, Rukia, who was also sinking in the sauna, doesn't come along because her wounds still haven't healed. Of course not... With things moving in the Soul Society, Bleach is finally picking up the pace... A bit late, though.
i hope they make more episodes to bleach i have watched all 366 episodes and i have so much bleach episodes on dvd box sets bleach is another one of those animes thats awsome cool
Sooooo... Chapter 521 is pretty boring, though we do learn a few things.

So Ichigo and Renji go to another 'Palace' and they meet up with Kirio, Hiyori's mother figure, so they can eat. Yep, the mother figure makes them a ton of food. That's originality at its best there. Anyway, after they're done with their meal, Kirio comes out of the kitchen looking like this.

Apparently, when she cooks, she uses up all her spiritual energy and turns into that... Whatever, it's just another huge-boobied woman to go in the lot of similar Bleach women with that design. There are so many of them that it pretty much doesn't matter anymore...

She reveals that all members of Squad 0 have been granted a place in that squad because they've contributed to the Soul Society's history and that Kirio's contribution is the creation of the Artificial Souls, basically beings like Kon. In this case, it's probably a good thing the anime is over because, in the last filler arc, it was said that the villain of said arc was the creator of the artificial souls... But I guess they could snake around that problem anyway by saying something like... I dunno, Kirio invented it but he further developped it, or something...

Anyway, the chapter ends with Kirio saying that, in the next palace, they'll meet the jackass-super-smiling-dude-with-ze-glasses whose contribution to the Soul Society is the invention of 'Zanpakuto'....

...How does one go about 'inventing' the Zanpakuto? Aren't they supposed to be the natural power that exists within all Soul Reapers that naturally takes the form of a sword or weapon? I guess we'll see...
(Dec. 18, 2012  3:36 PM)Dude Wrote: Sooooo... Chapter 521 is pretty boring, though we do learn a few things.

So Ichigo and Renji go to another 'Palace' and they meet up with Kirio, Hiyori's mother figure, so they can eat. Yep, the mother figure makes them a ton of food. That's originality at its best there. Anyway, after they're done with their meal, Kirio comes out of the kitchen looking like this.

Apparently, when she cooks, she uses up all her spiritual energy and turns into that... Whatever, it's just another huge-boobied woman to go in the lot of similar Bleach women with that design. There are so many of them that it pretty much doesn't matter anymore...

She reveals that all members of Squad 0 have been granted a place in that squad because they've contributed to the Soul Society's history and that Kirio's contribution is the creation of the Artificial Souls, basically beings like Kon. In this case, it's probably a good thing the anime is over because, in the last filler arc, it was said that the villain of said arc was the creator of the artificial souls... But I guess they could snake around that problem anyway by saying something like... I dunno, Kirio invented it but he further developped it, or something...

Anyway, the chapter ends with Kirio saying that, in the next palace, they'll meet the jackass-super-smiling-dude-with-ze-glasses whose contribution to the Soul Society is the invention of 'Zanpakuto'....

...How does one go about 'inventing' the Zanpakuto? Aren't they supposed to be the natural power that exists within all Soul Reapers that naturally takes the form of a sword or weapon? I guess we'll see...

I literally fell out of my chair when she was revealled, because I thought that ship had sailed and she was supposed to look that way. Yeah, that was a half assed excuse, but I guess he needed some justification. As for the invention of the Zanpakuto, I thought all souls could use them. There certainly isn't any regulation of them happening in the Rukongai, where Kenpachi and Madarame had them long before becoming Shinigami. Maybe she meant the ability to use shikai and bankai, or something along the lines of manifesting the spirit of the Zanpakuto. At least we'll get to see what he's useful for.
So, chapter 522.

More fan service, more Tsundere, more really weird characters that are either Kubo's parody of what's supposed to be cool or actually what he thinks is cool, more spiky-speech-bubbles and more 'drama' through shaky situations that everyone knows will add nothing and neither Ichigo or Renji will die.

This is so stupid, i don't even want to think about it =_=
(Dec. 28, 2012  4:30 PM)Dude Wrote: So, chapter 522.

More fan service, more Tsundere, more really weird characters that are either Kubo's parody of what's supposed to be cool or actually what he thinks is cool, more spiky-speech-bubbles and more 'drama' through shaky situations that everyone knows will add nothing and neither Ichigo or Renji will die.

This is so stupid, i don't even want to think about it =_=

I didn't mind it because He finally addressed the fact that there has been no mention of Zangetsu since the return of Ichigo's powers. I've heard a couple of theories about the Zanpakuto in the beginning, which suggest the way he was acting was part of a test, which they failed, resulting in the second test, which may involve his most poweful Zanpakuto in that pit.

I've been watching more reviewers in the last few weeks, and I like hearing their different theories.
TheEliteAce
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUd4tXthoEE
Tekking101
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UE9lXi3e8c Start at about 1:45

On another note, has anyone considered the possibility that Haschwald beat up Kenpachi, and passed him off to Royd? We never see a fight, and Haschwald is the first person in Bleach history to break Tensa Zangetsu, which he cut through like butter.
Not really sure what difference it makes. Even if it's Haschwald that defeated him, he still got defeated off-panel which, for a character like Kenpachi, I find unforgivable.

I didn't know there was such a thing as Bleach-chapter-online-reviewers, though I suppose that was inevitable XD
(Jan. 04, 2013  3:17 PM)Dude Wrote: Not really sure what difference it makes. Even if it's Haschwald that defeated him, he still got defeated off-panel which, for a character like Kenpachi, I find unforgivable.

I didn't know there was such a thing as Bleach-chapter-online-reviewers, though I suppose that was inevitable XD

Yes, actually, a lot of people do weekly chapter reviews for plenty of series. You seem like you would be good at it, actually.