Blaze Ragnaruk testing

(Jun. 13, 2017  1:36 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Jun. 13, 2017  1:32 AM)1234beyblade Wrote: 420 blaze it Ragnaruk

haha lol but if thats the case why dont we all finally come to a conclusion about bR ,its uses and weaknesses and its competitive value?so that the info can be used to make a draft about it.

Dunno about anyone else but I made my conclusion a long time ago lol.  I'll let the community decide for themselves tho since my tests usually vary quite a but from others.
(Jun. 13, 2017  1:40 AM)1234beyblade Wrote:
(Jun. 13, 2017  1:36 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: haha lol but if thats the case why dont we all finally come to a conclusion about bR ,its uses and weaknesses and its competitive value?so that the info can be used to make a draft about it.

Dunno about anyone else but I made my conclusion a long time ago lol.  I'll let the community decide for themselves tho since my tests usually vary quite a but from others.

what is your conclusion tho. would really like to know urs since u have alot of experience.Also evryone else should share their final conclusion about bR and if they think more testing should be done then they should do it and post the results.
Thats so weird because when i tested D2 awhile back between 2G and Gravity, 2G was MUCH better for his overall stamina. It just beat more things. Idk.

Ill run some tests of my own later
Equipment
Standard burst stadium
Long winder + LL

Attack testing
bR.4C.X: 6 (3BF, 2KO, 1OS)
W.H.O: 4 (3OS, 1KO)

BR.4C.X: 4 (3BF, 1KO)
D2.H.D: 6 (6OS)

overall notes
  • It does have good stamina for something that does well at attack
  • still needs more testing against neptune, and odin
(Jun. 15, 2017  5:25 PM)NEET no Kami Wrote: Equipment
Standard burst stadium
Long winder + LL

Attack testing
bR.4C.X: 6 (3BF, 2KO, 1OS)
W.H.O: 4 (3OS, 1KO)

BR.4C.X: 4 (3BF, 1KO)
D2.H.D: 6 (6OS)

overall notes
  • It does have good stamina for something that does well at attack
  • still needs more testing against neptune, and odin

I can test it as an attack layer against odin tonight
moh tests

Equipment
Standard burst stadium
Long winder + LL

Attack testing

bR.4C.X: 4 (1BF, 2KO, 1OS)
N.H.R: 6 (6OS)

Notes
  • Neptune did pretty well against bR, better than expected.
  • might need to try using other disc cores to see if i can increase weight distribution on contact points
bR.4C.X: 8 (2KO, 6BF)
O.H.D: (1BF, 1OS)

notes
  • consistent at defeating Odin, however mane other layers are also consistent
  • the burst finish by odin was unexpected but it did happen so it was worth including the result
bR.4C.X: 5 (1BF, 1KO, 3OS)
K2.H.O: 5 (4OS, 1KO)

Notes
  • might test bR with trans or Zephyr, to give it some stamina

Defence testing

bR.4C.O: 5 (5OS)
gV.8V.X: 5 (2KO, 3BF)

notes
  • Not bad for defense, however it's nothing groundbreaking
  • i will test it on defence
  • maybe something like 6 with more distributed weight will be able to reduce bursting
  • will try using Glaive see what happens
(Jun. 15, 2017  9:11 PM)NEET no Kami Wrote: moh tests

Equipment
Standard burst stadium
Long winder + LL

Attack testing

Notes
  • might need to try using other disc cores to see if i can increase weight distribution on contact points

notes
  • the burst finish by odin was unexpected but it did happen so it was worth including the result

Notes

Defence testing

notes
  • maybe something like 6 with more distributed weight will be able to reduce bursting
maybe u should try atomic instead of orbit? and 8 Glaive for disk.Also for a defensive set up i think revolve would be better than orbit cuz i heard orbit is easier to ko than revolve.
(Jun. 15, 2017  11:10 PM)The Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Jun. 15, 2017  9:11 PM)NEET no Kami Wrote: moh tests

Equipment
Standard burst stadium
Long winder + LL

Attack testing

Notes

notes

Notes

Defence testing

notes
maybe u should try atomic instead of orbit? and 8 Glaive for disk.Also for a defensive set up i think revolve would be better than orbit cuz i heard orbit is easier to ko than revolve.

Wouldn't revolve be easier as it's a sitting duck
(Jun. 16, 2017  6:29 AM)mj9 Wrote:
(Jun. 15, 2017  11:10 PM)The Rebel Blader Wrote: maybe u should try atomic instead of orbit? and 8 Glaive for disk.Also for a defensive set up i think revolve would be better than orbit cuz i heard orbit is easier to ko than revolve.

Wouldn't revolve be easier as it's a sitting duck

Yes Revolve is easier to KO though you can still deep bank to make it dodge attacker and take hit above layer

Orbitwhen week launched is way better at defence
(Jun. 16, 2017  6:49 AM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote:
(Jun. 16, 2017  6:29 AM)mj9 Wrote: Wouldn't revolve be easier as it's a sitting duck

Yes Revolve is easier to KO though you can still deep bank to make it dodge attacker and take hit above layer

yea but i heard the ring of revolve provides it better ko defense than orbit also in the other testing thread bR on revolve did pretty good against attack types.
(Jun. 16, 2017  2:46 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Jun. 16, 2017  6:49 AM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: Yes Revolve is easier to KO though you can still deep bank to make it dodge attacker and take hit above layer

yea but i heard the ring of revolve provides it better ko defense than orbit also in the other testing thread bR on revolve did pretty good against attack types.

Thats when you deep bank, other then while it's precissing/wobbling Ring almost never comes in Contact.
(Jun. 16, 2017  3:27 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote:
(Jun. 16, 2017  2:46 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote: yea but i heard the ring of revolve provides it better ko defense than orbit also in the other testing thread bR on revolve did pretty good against attack types.

Thats when you deep bank, other then while it's precissing/wobbling Ring almost never comes in Contact.

yea it should be tested for defense with revolve deep banked.Also has anyone tried bR as a staller?
Blaze Ragnaruk Spread Atomic vs. Drain Fafnir Polish Atomic
bRSAt - 13/20
dFPAt - 7/20
bR Win Ratio - 65%

Notes:
- I think the issue with bR is that while it can retain it's spin against dF, against other Right-Spin stamina layers, it's not a good match up.
- I tried this combo out for a few rounds against aCPAt and aC would always outspin it. Seeing as aC has stamina on par with Neptune, which is the other game-breaking layer besides Fafnir, that's kind of a dead giveaway to the first note
- why has barely anyone else tried this on atomic, lol
(Jul. 06, 2017  7:27 PM)TrainiacJ Wrote: Blaze Ragnaruk Spread Atomic vs. Drain Fafnir Polish Atomic
bRSAt - 7/20
dFPAt - 13/20
bR Win Ratio - 65%

Notes:
- I think the issue with bR is that while it can retain it's spin against dF, against other Right-Spin stamina layers, it's not a good match up.
- I tried this combo out for a few rounds against aCPAt and aC would always outspin it. Seeing as aC has stamina on par with Neptune, which is the other game-breaking layer besides Fafnir, that's kind of a dead giveaway to the first note

Seems like you switched wins of both beys lol. Wasn't it was 13 for bR and 7 for dF? But anyways seems like dF still has decent chance against bR. Maybe can you try switching disks or try with mirror setup (same disk)? and do a quick little test?

BTW nice to hear aC has good stamina as maybe it can be useful on Attack/Stamina Hybird.

Edit:- #OrbitThataC
(Jul. 06, 2017  10:10 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: Seems like you switched wins of both beys lol. Wasn't it was 13 for bR and 7 for dF? 

...frick

i can't believe i missed that, lemme fix it rq
(Jul. 06, 2017  7:27 PM)TrainiacJ Wrote: Blaze Ragnaruk Spread Atomic vs. Drain Fafnir Polish Atomic
bRSAt - 13/20
dFPAt - 7/20
bR Win Ratio - 65%

Notes:

can u try try bR 4/6/8 G At/T(attack mode only) vs dF P At and aC/N H/G R.so bR does good against left spin. i wanna see how it does against right spin stamina customs on a agggressive or semi aggressive drivers.also it can u test bR 4/6/8 G At/ vs gK 4/6/8 G R
Blaze Ragnaruk is actual garbage on aggressive drivers, why would yo ever want to use it on one?
(Jul. 07, 2017  12:30 PM)TrainiacJ Wrote: Blaze Ragnaruk is actual garbage on aggressive drivers, why would yo ever want to use it on one?

Maybe Mobile Defence. But tbh other then beimg Duo F230GCF of Burst (anti-spin steal is sole purpose of that) I don't see much from this layer. So we should try different new combos in hope of some new type of combo where it can be consistent. But who knows it might do bad on cookie cutter setup but shines on a unique new combo
(Jul. 07, 2017  12:30 PM)TrainiacJ Wrote: Blaze Ragnaruk is actual garbage on aggressive drivers, why would yo ever want to use it on one?

have u tried it on aggressive drivers?maybe it might do good on trans,accel or zephyr.in previous tests br did good on Xtreme.and we havent tried bR as a staller too.and what i also wanted to see was that if bR 4/6/8g At/T could destabilize other right spin stamina layers.I think other than doing good against dF it might also be good against right spin stamina layer with low burst resistance such as gK and A2.and also we havent test bR for defense extensively.
Blaze Ragnaruk Yell Atomic vs Drain Fafnir Polish Atomic
Atomics swapped every 10 rounds. String Launcher speed version for right spin, light launcher l for left spin.
Beyblades launched first alternatively. A regular launch was used for both.

(Due to the Ats being visibly different from the other in performance, I divided the results into two groups)

Drain Fafnir Polish Atomic using the better At. :
dF.P.At: 9 wins (os) (90%)
bR.Y.At: 1 win (os)   (10%)
Ties: 3 
Notes: Drain Fafnir's wins were mostly large ones- it was visibly rotating 1 or two rotations more than Blaze Ragnaruk.

Blaze Ragnaruk Yell Atomic using the better At. :
dF.P.At: 7 wins (6 os, 1 ko) (70%)
bR.Y.AT: 3 wins (3 os)  (30%)
Ties: 6
Notes: Drain Fafnir's wins were smaller in margin than when using the better At. Some wins were by less than 1 rotation.

Overall impressions: Drain Fafnir in the testing was the one which was initiating the kos. 
Overall results:
dF.P.At: 16 wins - 80% (15 os - 75%, 1 ko - 5%)

bR.Y.AT: 4 wins -20% (4 os - 20%)
(Jul. 07, 2017  1:25 PM)lovesick Wrote: Blaze Ragnaruk Yell Atomic vs Drain Fafnir Polish Atomic
Atomics swapped every 10 rounds. String Launcher speed version for right spin, light launcher l for left spin.

(Due to the Ats being visibly different from the other in performance, I divided the results into two groups)

Notes: Drain Fafnir's wins were mostly large ones- it was visibly rotating 1 or two rotations more than Blaze Ragnaruk.

Notes: Drain Fafnir's wins were smaller in margin than when using the better At. Some wins were by less than 1 rotation.

Overall impressions: Drain Fafnir in the testing was the one which was initiating the kos. 
Overall results:

maybe u should try 4/6/8 G instead of yell?
(Jul. 07, 2017  3:41 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Jul. 07, 2017  1:25 PM)lovesick Wrote: Blaze Ragnaruk Yell Atomic vs Drain Fafnir Polish Atomic

Overall results:

maybe u should try 4/6/8 G instead of yell?

I think we shoul test 2 beys with same disks. As if you give better disk to 1 it proves nothing as oe with better disk always will win if there precession is almost similer. Giving 8G to bR will probably make it win just like it has Yell and Polish on Drain Ato makes Drain Ato win.

I think we should do dFGAt vs bRGAt to keep test fair.
It's relevant to test with both same and different Disks in this scenario because we all know the only Disks on dF you're going to see in tournaments are either Polish or a Core Disk + Glaive like 4G. It's interesting to see how they all interact with it.

Unrelated to Blaze Ragnaruk, but for example, in some informal testing after the last Toronto event, dF.S.R was losing more often to dF.4G.At. than dF.Y.R was. So testing other Disks is always relevant if it's a match-up that could potentially happen in a tournament.

All of this being said, if what TrainiacJ said about aC having Stamina on part with Neptune is true (haven't tested that myself), that does diminish the use of Blaze Ragnaruk a little bit because Alter Chronos has pretty good Defense too and is quite heavy. bR is/was still good because it had a chance against dF and generally speaking did well against Attack types like L2 (in my experience), but if aC has better Stamina and Defense, bR becomes less useful.
(Jul. 08, 2017  1:25 AM)Kei Wrote: It's relevant to test with both same and different Disks in this scenario because we all know the only Disks on dF you're going to see in tournaments are either Polish or a Core Disk + Glaive like 4G. It's interesting to see how they all interact with it.

Unrelated to Blaze Ragnaruk, but for example, in some informal testing after the last Toronto event, dF.S.R was losing more often to dF.4G.At. than dF.Y.R was. So testing other Disks is always relevant if it's a match-up that could potentially happen in a tournament.

All of this being said, if what TrainiacJ said about aC having Stamina on part with Neptune is true (haven't tested that myself), that does diminish the use of Blaze Ragnaruk a little bit because Alter Chronos has pretty good Defense too and is quite heavy. bR is/was still good because it had a chance against dF and generally speaking did well against Attack types like L2 (in my experience), but if aC has better Stamina and Defense, bR becomes less useful.

yea that could happen but we have to keep in mind that bR + any god series disk+frame on atomic can destabilize revolve based combos. also bR is good against right spin stamina layers with low burst defense like A2.also we havent tested bR for defense(maybe it might be better for defense aginst left spin attack types i mean things like L2 S/2G H). also we havent tested bR with trans.
(Jul. 08, 2017  5:33 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Jul. 08, 2017  1:25 AM)Kei Wrote: It's relevant to test with both same and different Disks in this scenario because we all know the only Disks on dF you're going to see in tournaments are either Polish or a Core Disk + Glaive like 4G. It's interesting to see how they all interact with it.

yea that could happen but we have to keep in mind that bR + any god series disk+frame on atomic can destabilize revolve based combos. also bR is good against right spin stamina layers with low burst defense like A2.also we havent tested bR for defense(maybe it might be better for defense aginst left spin attack types i mean things like L2 S/2G H). also we havent tested bR with trans.

Trans is not going to make it any better. The Stamina mode on Trans makes bR a sitting duck and easy to destabilize, the attack mode has like no control and little stamina, which really doesn't help.