Bionicle Thread

well the title says it all, you can discuss anything about the franchise, good or bad, but one thing to say first, its ending after bionicle stars in summer this year, feel free to express your opinions.
what kind of moron ends such a well followed toy line?
The kind of moron who knows when to quit. You guys remember that thing, Avatar: The Last Airbender, right? Well, that ended because the world was saved. The writers were smart enough to quit, because they knew that pile on stories usually fail. Bionicle Stars and the rest of it were actually planned very early in the series.
It's like the Roboriders and Slizer/Throwbots, they were replaced by Bionicle and Bionicle is being relpaced by Hero Factory (which is being bashed by a lot of Bionicle fans). I personally like the sets, storyline, and names no matter what people say.
What's Hero Factory?
I had all of these.

They were the only ones I really liked. Had a load of the masks that went inside and stuff too. I got lego magazine for free (I think I still do, I can't remember) and read the storylines. Overall, pretty cool franchise. Smile
Ah man, the Borok. That sure brings it back. Remember how you use to be able to use the container and hang them inside?

Ah, that certainly brings back warm memories. Anyone here remember the pre-nova Toa? I still have one of the easyread books in my room. Toom me about 2 months to burn through those 50 pages. Ah, those were the days.
I had complete sets of everything up to the Toa Metru, after that I started losing interest. Was a cool series ... haha, good times.
i never understood the obsession with this Speechless
(Feb. 01, 2010  11:46 PM)firelord767 Wrote: What's Hero Factory?

It's what's replacing Bionicle. It's about six robotic heroes who are sent across time and space to battle evil and each are built for specific missions. it's like a mix of Bionicle and Ben 10.
(Feb. 02, 2010  1:05 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [quote='Bey Brad' pid='235090' dateline='1265069104']
i never understood the obsession with this Speechless

Because you've been busy with adult stuff and spinning tops (lol) Wink.
Thank you for the information, my LEGO Club Magazine must be late or something...

I'll have to look into it. It's rough for a 6 yaer old to get into BIONICLE during yet another climax. Anyone who boarded the ship after Mask of Light was hanging by a thread, IMO. A new series is a good ting for a new generation, right?

And Brad, i had lost when i turned about 8 and then i found the BIONICLE Wikia and i never knew how complex the story really was. It'd make a good novel series, if it weren't lego action figures.
No, the Bionicle storyline is shocking.

6 robots collect items, make way to final boss. Defeat final boss. Transported to another world, repeat.
(Feb. 02, 2010  3:58 AM)♥ Wrote: No, the Bionicle storyline is shocking.

6 robots collect items, make way to final boss. Defeat final boss. Transported to another world, repeat.

zelda knockoff
THats how it seems. But, for starters, it's not in chronological order. Metru Nui happened much before Mata Nui (Island) Saga began.

Ever wonder how Takanuva got to Karda Nui? The Mirror thing, in which everything was inverted.
I've read all the stories, I know what the storyline is. Uncertain

The basic premise remains the same in all of them, anyway. Toa Metru become elders or whatever, rinse and repeat ...
i just wish that they ended the GLATORIONS series better. The basic storyline was simple, but they still had a good run.
(Feb. 02, 2010  1:05 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: i never understood the obsession with this Speechless

me neither what is it even about
my main concern about it is the time paradoxes, like in the latest chapter(on bionicle.com) it says mata nui came with the pre-nuva toa inside, but the toa metru were before them because they were the only toa of there time and they went on to become the turaga in mask of light, then how were the pre toa nuva first, even though in mask of light it says the toa nuva are the only toa? and if were the only toa ever then im confused. also in the second movie they give up there powers at the end but they have there powers in the 3rd film, so they set out there films in a really weird way. one last thing how after the mahri are saved and matoro dies, they end up in metru nui which was abandoned for years but its full of matoran, there storyline has HUGE holes in it.
I prefer the old school ones. I don't play with them anymore, but I loved them when I was still a kid. My little bro has some of the newer ones. My first one was the original toa Lewa. Hmm.. and my first blade was Draciel...How do I always end up with the green stuff XD?
because greens the best colour lol, my first was rahkshi turak, but then went on to collect most of the figures released, didnt really bother with the bigger ones.
(Feb. 02, 2010  5:02 PM)bey tempest Wrote: my main concern about it is the time paradoxes, like in the latest chapter(on bionicle.com) it says mata nui came with the pre-nuva toa inside, but the toa metru were before them because they were the only toa of there time and they went on to become the turaga in mask of light, then how were the pre toa nuva first, even though in mask of light it says the toa nuva are the only toa? and if were the only toa ever then im confused. also in the second movie they give up there powers at the end but they have there powers in the 3rd film, so they set out there films in a really weird way. one last thing how after the mahri are saved and matoro dies, they end up in metru nui which was abandoned for years but its full of matoran, there storyline has HUGE holes in it.

Not paradoxes, it's just not in chronological order. Toa Metru happened before Mask of Life and Toa Nuva.
Well firelord Hero Factory won't be in the March magazine because it's slated for release in the summer but apparently Toysrus is getting them in stock early so as soon as I get Preston Stormer and Duncan Bulk I'm going to make a review of them so you can see the products on veoh in set form and I'll also take pics of them.
LOL i rember these the you line was fun i rember taking bits from the green one and red one and making my own custom xD,watched the movie once on cartoon network i didnt understand it at all Confused
I wish they ended after Mask of Light though I did like the design of the visorak. I had the Le- everything up to the visorak who were really just a borok revamp that couldn't "die" when they fought other toys. I got confused with the story when they jumped from the pirahka to the glatorans. Bottom line it had the DBZ story line problem by finding new "epicly powerful villains" around every corner. I must say green anything in bioncle pwned especially Lewa-Nuva and his air katanas. Did anyone else modify their pieces to look cooler? I ended up adding sharpie colors to Lewa's swords and cutting off the backs of them when I had about 10 of them from various sets.
have you seen this? http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/uploads/...4_1773.jpg
(not bionicle but replacement)