Big Community Announcements + HMS Face Contest Winners!

Glad that I can make a bit more of a difference for the WBO! Congrats to everyone else that made it.
Thanks guys, it is an honor for me to accept this role. The WBO is the reason that I am as hardcore into blading as I am today. I am more than happy to give back to the community in any way that I can. If anyone ever needs help with anything, Burst especially, feel free to shoot me a PM.
Wow, congrats to all the other new Mentors as well, especially Zoroaste! You haven't been around for as long as the others but you've put in some serious work being a driving force for Burst testing and customizations.

I'll try to contribute when I can; for this semester I'll probably have the most free time on thursdays.
Awwwww yeeeaaah!
Let's go mentoring!
I'll try my best to help out online, but our tiny force in London will certainly grow. We shall return!
Grats to the Old and New Mentors/Advanced Member

Meanwhile....I'm striped to a basic member...Where's my Bold?
(Sep. 05, 2015  11:52 PM)Stars Wrote: Meanwhile....I'm striped to a basic member...Where's my Bold?

Sorry, that's my mistake! You're back in the WBO Organizers group now.
I'm so thankful to be part of such a great community. I'm even more grateful to be able to help it in ways I haven't been able to in the past. Thanks to all the mods who chose me for this honor and I hope to accomplish alot as a mentor.

One question- I noticed my name isn't italicized, is that because I'm a host?
Thank you so much for giving me the chance to prove myself with this group, I will try my best to not let you down.
(Sep. 06, 2015  12:01 AM)Leone19 Wrote: I'm so thankful to be part of such a great community. I'm even more grateful to be able to help it in ways I haven't been able to in the past. Thanks to all the mods who chose me for this honor and I hope to accomplish alot as a mentor.

Yeah. But if you want I can change your primary usergroup from Organizer to Mentor, which would change your username from bold to italic.
Is it not possible to have both italic and bold? Just wondering...
(Sep. 06, 2015  12:18 AM)Manicben Wrote: Is it not possible to have both italic and bold? Just wondering...

Well, we have to assign one style to each usergroup. We could make one of them bold italic, but it wouldn't be able to occur as a result of being a member of both Organizers + Mentors. It's one or the other.
Hmm... How about making another user group for people who are both? Or is that a bit too much?
I mean it would be nice for people to see/appreciate that members are both Organisers and Mentors.
It would be cool, but if it can't be done or is too much of a hassle, then that's that. Grin
It would be too much of a hassle, unfortunately haha. We can already assign users to be a part of both groups and have the same permissions to post in both the Organizers' and Mentors' Circle forums; we just can't have the styling for each respective group apply simultaneously to a user when they are part of both.
Well, I meant create a third group for people who are part of both, then set usernames to bold and italic. I assume the Mentors list and the Organisers list are somewhat small atm, but I guess its too much work. It's a shame, but now I gotta decide which one I prefer Tongue_out
(Sep. 06, 2015  1:51 AM)Manicben Wrote: Well, I meant create a third group for people who are part of both, then set usernames to bold and italic. I assume the Mentors list and the Organisers list are somewhat small atm, but I guess its too much work. It's a shame, but now I gotta decide which one I prefer Tongue_out

Yeah, I know. It would needlessly complicate things for us. You'll have to choose. Wink
(Sep. 06, 2015  12:06 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Sep. 06, 2015  12:01 AM)Leone19 Wrote: I'm so thankful to be part of such a great community. I'm even more grateful to be able to help it in ways I haven't been able to in the past. Thanks to all the mods who chose me for this honor and I hope to accomplish alot as a mentor.

Yeah. But if you want I can change your primary usergroup from Organizer to Mentor, which would change your username from bold to italic.
You can also change it yourself, like I did, by going into User CP and selecting Group Memberships from Miscellaneous Smile
I didn't even know that. Gasp
Oh, you can do that? That would've been helpful to know when I was a moderator so I didn't have to PM to ask to change my primary group, haha!
Oh, I did that, but there's no option to switch it back to WBO Organizers...
I'll stick with the Mentor group for now Grin
Yeah, thank you for your trust, Kei! Smile
Thanks to a reminder from Zoroaste, all Mentors have now been granted a brand new, shiny Amethyst Face! Smile It's the first time in four years we've given it out to anyone!
Yeah I need all I can get. I have a full row now!!!! Lol
Oh man, a brand new shiny Amethyst Face, now I just gotta find a way to organize it in my faces lol.
@[J.I.N.B.E.E!], you drop your Face Booster in a magic hat, shake it up a bit, tap on it with a magic winder, and reach into it only to grab a...

Bull Face! [Image: bullface.png]

@[~Stoney~], you scratch the surface of your Face Booster like one hell of a lottery ticket and, underneath it, you find...

A Lacerta Face! [Image: LacertaFace.png]

Thank you for your patience, guys, and again, congratulations for winning with your awesome pieces!
Oh hey! Thanks a lot Kai-V. Oh darn it, a Bull face, next time!

Sorry if I sounded impatient.