Beyblade's current state in Japan- 7/07/14: Return of monthly events in Japan!

If it is a re-release, I hope Hasbro puts out the shogun steel with stickers. I guess that alot to ask for. They probably use the money they save on stickers to put pockets in their stadiums.
Wow, more events.

TT has to have some plot behind this, hopefully- a good one.
(Feb. 07, 2014  11:50 AM)天翔翼 TenshouYoku Wrote: Beyblade is completly dead in Hong Kong despite the existence of amines........
HK kids don't play beys already, and I don't think Taiwan should be any different as well.
(Sigh, how dumb kids are. They aren't even longlasting and just throw stuff away within the blink of an eye! I wonder how I stay so long.)

However, if TT is going to bring back the Beyblade trend at 2014, I'm all in for it.

It is same here in Vietnam too. We haven't even got Begirados and Dragooons yet :<
Its been a year since we last saw Beyblades in our toy stores here in the Philippines. The only new items were the ones that were not released (cosmic blue beylauncher and crimson red LR)
So meaning there are none on the shelves at all or only those Launchers were on the shelves? Tongue_out
If Takara Tomy is planning something big for the Beyblade franchise this year or 2015, I'm hoping they plan it out well.
http://beyblade.takaratomy.co.jp/shop/event_201311.html

Many more events up until May 11th this time! The prizes are now back to Gold Versions of every Pegasis except Big Bang.

I do not find much feedback about these store tournaments, but damn, surely they must be working for TAKARA-TOMY to continue them every month so valiantly.
That's awesome! Beyblade will hopefully comeback very soon!
This is great news. It's now 5 months after the video game, so somehting must be going on with TT.
It is nothing spectacularly new, but it is Golden Week right now in Japan, and Beyblade is noticeably being talked about more.
(May. 09, 2014  3:12 AM)Kai-V Wrote: It is nothing spectacularly new, but it is Golden Week right now in Japan, and Beyblade is noticeably being talked about more.

If I may, what is Golden Week? Tongue_out

Either way, anything positive about Beyblade right now, is good news.
Golden Week, from what I have understood from just looking at Japanese pages throughout the years because I never formally looked it up on Wikipedia or anything, is a week during which children are celebrated. Stores hold special activities, festivals happen, etc.
Oh hey, no worry : there are official tournaments confirmed in June in Mishima Toys, which is, from what I understand, an important Japanese toy store.

http://www.mishimatoys.co.jp/event/?seq=4

There is currently no update for June on the TAKARA-TOMY Beyblade site, but I believe that might be because something big is coming in June or July.
How do you figure that something big is coming? Great to know that TT still sanctioned tournaments even when they don't have any forthcoming series for now..
If the tournaments are official (WBBA/TT) I see no worry. It's interesting if they'll be store exclusive now, similar to TRU events in the West.

Hopefully, something big is coming.
(May. 31, 2014  1:03 AM)OwnageDerp Wrote: How do you figure that something big is coming? Great to know that TT still sanctioned tournaments even when they don't have any forthcoming series for now..

Hm, you should read my latest posts in this topic about how TAKARA-TOMY would not keep spending money to hold these store events every month if there was not something coming.
Hey doesn't the WBO clap to every post Takara Tomy does?
On the blog ? Considering that not everything is about Beyblade and that it used to be rather normal to see new posts at least every week, no, clapping was not automatic since we expressed our interest in Beyblade in other ways.
(Jun. 24, 2014  7:28 PM)Kai-V Wrote: TAKARA-TOMY has not renewed the store events after May much, so besides one store holding Beyblade tournaments, I think TAKARA-TOMY might be concentrating on bigger events, or taking a short break or something.

It'd make more sense if they're focusing on something bigger, I don't see why they'd waste money on those months of events for nothing.

I doubt they had them to get rid of leftover prizes; there should be something bigger.
Not sure if i should post this here. So i just found something in the comments of this video about something new from Takara Tomy called Battle Blades. Does anybody have any information on this? I think it may be something just like beyblade. Here is the link to the video it says it in the comments https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qaMba1GKew
Nothing related to Beyblade.

If you look it up, there are a few images and videos- it's just a "battling"(?) car toy. Whichever is knocked from the field first loses (similar in that sense, but completely unrelated). It reminds me of Crush Gear and Scan2Go.
I checked out Battle Blades but the video I saw from ultimate orian's link he provided, but these battle blades are nothing to beyblade. They look like a dumber version of raiderz, so there is nothing to get excited about this product.
I saw a comment by a blogger that the attendance to the World Hobby Fair 2014 Summer was really poor compared to the years when Beyblade was blooming. It really seems that the toy market in Japan is rather low right now, and that TAKARA-TOMY is allowing small insignificant toylines to come out of their factory almost out of despair, just to say that they are releasing something instead of nothing ...
The biggest thing they probably have right now for toys in general, is Transformers: Lost Age (Age of Extinction). They're probably stalling with "Boys Hobby Toys" until a new, more major line is out (new B-Daman or Beyblade) and experimenting to see if anything else would gather its own fanbase, like this or Animal Wheels.