Beyblade's current state in Japan- 7/07/14: Return of monthly events in Japan!

B-Daman does not really count as a major toyline for TAKARA-TOMY, only Beyblade and Transformers do so far, but I understand what you mean.
(Jul. 02, 2014  1:17 PM)Kai-V Wrote: B-Daman does not really count as a major toyline for TAKARA-TOMY, only Beyblade and Transformers do so far, but I understand what you mean.

Yeah, basically by major I meant something with a good-sized preexisting fanbase, rather than something like Animal Wheels.
I have no idea under which rock I had been sleeping, or if the update was indeed done retroactively (recently but with a past timestamp), however there were/are confirmed events in June and until July 13th 2014 in Japan again !

http://beyblade.takaratomy.co.jp/shop/event_201311.html

This time, the prizes are Silver versions of the Pegasis Beyblades.

This is really super news, guys. I have to say these events leading up to June/July with a sudden break were sort of hinting towards big news at some of the prestigious fairs in Japan around these days, so when I saw that there was nothing at all announced there, it was worrisome, but apparently no need to worry at all : there is still activity in Japan !
(Jul. 08, 2014  3:43 AM)Kai-V Wrote: I have no idea under which rock I had been sleeping, or if the update was indeed done retroactively (recently but with a past timestamp), however there were/are confirmed events in June and until July 13th 2014 in Japan again !

http://beyblade.takaratomy.co.jp/shop/event_201311.html

This time, the prizes are Silver versions of the Pegasis Beyblades.

This is really super news, guys. I have to say these events leading up to June/July with a sudden break were sort of hinting towards big news at some of the prestigious fairs in Japan around these days, so when I saw that there was nothing at all announced there, it was worrisome, but apparently no need to worry at all : there is still activity in Japan !

This is a good sign, either way.

Activity at all is better than no activity, even if nothing has been announced (series wise).
Cool, apparently the Mishima Toy Store event went well and it seemed to have been age-limit-free !
http://www.mishimatoys.co.jp/news/?seq=12

You can also notice the Zero cardboard cutout in the background, which is something you might have thought would have disappeared by now.
Great news, good to hear there was no age limit, too.
This was already posted in the Beyblade Random Thoughts topic, but it seemed more appropriate to be here.

Look what I found! I don't think it's official Takara Tomy, but it seems really legitimate! Here check this out:

https://www.facebook.com/BeybladeToysPhilippines

Look through there recent photos and you'll see that they are hosting tournaments and are going to host more on the weekend! There are a lot of others too! Sorry if this was already posted but I haven't seen anything on the WBO that said the Philippines were hosting tournaments! I know this thread is Japan only, but they are still hosting tournaments here!
(Jul. 17, 2014  11:52 PM)LMAO Wrote: This was already posted in the Beyblade Random Thoughts topic, but it seemed more appropriate to be here.

Look what I found! I don't think it's official Takara Tomy, but it seems really legitimate! Here check this out:

https://www.facebook.com/BeybladeToysPhilippines

Look through there recent photos and you'll see that they are hosting tournaments and are going to host more on the weekend! There are a lot of others too! Sorry if this was already posted but I haven't seen anything on the WBO that said the Philippines were hosting tournaments! I know this thread is Japan only, but they are still hosting tournaments here!

This is actually really valuable information. Thanks, LMAO!

This might be going slightly off-topic, however, I did find this quite interesting myself: Anyways, I was just looking at some of their Facebook Page's photos, and came across this one (yes, I made the circle):

The prize that the winner was holding didn't look familiar to me. So, I zoomed in a little more, and got this as a result:

I'm not too sure, but it kind of looks like a recoloured gold Thief Phoenic, although I might be wrong, too.
As I mentioned in the WBO Random Thoughts topic, this Facebook Page is maintained by Bankee, the official Beyblade distributor in the Philippines, and not only do they have photographs on their page of previous events, but they have upcoming tournament dates as well, like this weekend on the 20th !
No problem guys Smile

Don't forget they also had the Legend Beyblade Set as a prize too! Also I believe Midnight is right, it does look like a gold Thief Pheonic!
To could be a Gladiator Bahamdia. It's too small too tell perfectly.
Looks like it has an orange E/SP230. Does Bankee sell stuff straight from TT or do they make they're own packaging and recolors like hasbro ? Sorry for the off topic ness .
Oh wow, that's really bugging me whatever could be the beyblade on that package .-.

Anyways, this is terrific news. I can't wait to see more photos of future events! Maybe someone could try to get ahold of them and see if they know of the WBO or not. I guess I could message the group on Facebook. I'll give it a shot.
There are plenty of more pics for that, but now I'm starting to think it's not actually a Beyblade itself, but a sign to say that you were either first, second or third.

Look here:

Great idea Tr! ! It's worth a shot aha.
Wow! There Shinobi Saramanders! I remember seeing somebody post pics of the gold one. Somebody from the phillipines ...

Also, I'm pretty sure they're actual beys.
That wheel looks very peculiar. It looks like Phoenic but at the same time it doesn't...yeah I know that didn't make sense. I hope it isn't a custom like Orojya Revizer T125JB...

EDIT: BAH! Nevermind...I just found out...
I remember someone posting a picture of the Gold Salamander on the site before. But this is pretty great news to see other countries in Asia aside from Japan to keep tournaments up and running.
(Jul. 18, 2014  1:20 AM)Leone19 Wrote: I remember someone posting a picture of the Gold Salamander on the site before. But this is pretty great news to see other countries in Asia aside from Japan to keep tournaments up and running.

I particularly remember he took the pic with the bey on a spongebob blanket. But for the life if me I can't remember his username...
Gold, silver and bronze Saramanda are not that uncommon, for sure.
Are they the actual beys, or are they unattachable from the trophy I wonder?
(Jul. 18, 2014  1:43 AM)Tr! Wrote: Are they the actual beys, or are they unattachable from the trophy I wonder?

They're actual Beyblades, probably just put in a slot or hole through the trophy.
(Jul. 18, 2014  12:55 AM)LMAO Wrote:

One of the prizes in this picture really caught my eye.

[Image: Golden_Grip_yo.png]

That golden Launcher Grip is such a beaut, haha.
(Jul. 18, 2014  2:12 AM)~Midnight~ Wrote:
(Jul. 18, 2014  12:55 AM)LMAO Wrote:

One of the prizes in this picture really caught my eye.

[Image: Golden_Grip_yo.png]

That golden Launcher Grip is such a beaut, haha.
Oh man. That is next gen all right. I need that launcher grip and all gold accessories. Then I'll launch the Gold Galaxy Pegasus and I can die a happy man.
Glad to see that Beyblade is still going strong in Japan. Great, great news!
That's great news! This means Sono Kong is very alive.