Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Nov. 25, 2011  10:10 AM)SAM10795 Wrote: Am I the only person who never got hurt with any bey then?..I only get hit with...launchers..I have hurt my knuckles twice while using string launcher and even now I am very bad at it. I even get hit with my opponenet's launcher sometimes..but thankfully that does not happen during tourneys

Never play with your legs around stadium. It leaves the 'you know what' very vulnerable. I had to learn that the hard way. Curse you gravity Perseus . Thankfully I was wearing pants. Stadium out have never been so painful. And... I'm trying again at an official WBBA tournament and hopefully I'll get into the semi-finals this time. I lost the last qualifying battle by an inch and I found my mistake. Also, I'm aiming for a proto Quet which they are selling since I just got some money
(Nov. 25, 2011  10:10 AM)SAM10795 Wrote: Am I the only person who never got hurt with any bey then?..I only get hit with...launchers..I have hurt my knuckles twice while using string launcher and even now I am very bad at it. I even get hit with my opponenet's launcher sometimes..but thankfully that does not happen during tourneys

Add me in that list too. MFBs never hurt me... Smile
The reason may probably be the type of Metal Wheels I have...
None of them are sharp enough. Namely- LLD, Hell, MLD.
But hey, plastics and HMS had actually bruised my hands quite a many times... Tongue_out
As far as I remember, Wyvern DJ hurt me a lot... In plastics, the crown goes to Master Dranzer.... As I got back into plastics recently, I held the launcher in an awkward way, resulting in my thumb coming in contact with the upper part of the prongs... Too much of friction, my thumb has gone red, and I am finally using launcher grips...
Also hey, we are Indians, and both of us know that Anmol beys could make us bleed....

PLASTIC BLADERS, PLEASE READ- Anyone remember the Catapult Shooter? I just found one in my cupboard... Its the most perfect launcher grip for attack bey users, as it slide shoots automatically; i.e. you just have to get a straight shot, and your launcher grip will do all the work in transforming it into a slide shot, and hence a flower pattern. Grin
power *Ahem* If that happens, and you still won and got 1st place, your walking home with a bruised dignity XD

Sadly, this exactly happened to me. It hurts so much that I think I felt I was dead XD
Yeah, when I got hurt, I was playing on my bed so the stadium was in the middle and yeah. We all know gravity perseus has high recoil so when it got knocked out... Ouch? It wasn't that pain.. I'm actually quite resistant when it's supposed to happen. Thankfully , WBBA tournaments have a metal fence so I don't think that will happen to me when I w
win. I'm actually doing a pretty good job standing up to mean guys 6-14 years older than me.(I'm 11 and yes, there is even a MUM who blades with her child and I heard she's tough). The 'guy who I lost to's friends threatened to slap his'you know what' if he lost to me and steal his 4D beys. He's lucky he won. But if I get in, I'm so gonna have a rematch with him!(I'm not evil, I just want the beys)
Oh yeah, and Jan, those are some of the sharpest beys(LLD,Hell....) how can you say you're not hurt?!
That takes away all the fun from beyblading... I wonder why people like to win other people's hard earned beys...
C'mon guys, this is beyblade, not a TCG...
I guess you should report such bullies to the WBBA tournament organizers...
Metal fences for stadiums?! I guess a powerful smack onto those might deform the wheel slightly... Tongue_out
Not really, for the fence might be too thin, which cause the fence to bent
(Nov. 25, 2011  2:25 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: That takes away all the fun from beyblading... I wonder why people like to win other people's hard earned beys...
C'mon guys, this is beyblade, not a TCG...
I guess you should report such bullies to the WBBA tournament organizers...
Metal fences for stadiums?! I guess a powerful smack onto those might deform the wheel slightly... Tongue_out

It's also gambling, which is a very bad habit to get into.

As for the catapult shooter, there's a mention of it on the shooters and grips page. Useless outside attack and not worth going out of your way to obtain, but nice to have.
I never launched any Anmol bey so I am lucky in that case and it is my beys which sometimes end up hitting others legs and their launchers hit me.. XD...but so far I dont remember any bleeding caused by beys/even launchers to me. Lucky in that case maybe..and as for HMS...I have never touched them till now...not even once and it was the Anmol metal beys which made me do so...because they broke my Black Dranzer's AR Crying so I have always had fear of complete metal beys
Well, MFB have more metal than HMS beys... XD
As for Anmol beys, they were not beys, but war-tanks. I may be certain that they weighed about 200-300g. Not to mention they were completely made of iron, which is certainly harder than zinc (I guess?). After rusting, those became even the more dangerous. Not only did they break beys and scraped off your skin; they also drilled into walls at times... No wonder people in India quit beyblade soon after...
Anmol is a curse to Indian beyblading. But I must say that once you manage to KO an Anmol bey you can KO anything...obviously because they are heaviest and KOing the heaviest means you can KO almost anything.

And HMS AFAIK had all parts of metal although they did have lesser metal than MFB whereas MFB's only have the MW of metal(in most cases) so that way it has a lesser % of metal(by volume) compared to its total volume
I'm sure they were just joking and so was I. I think the fence is somewhere in between . I haven't seen any damages to the wheel nor the fence. I could take a few pictures tomorrow if you want or even record my match
Has anyone noticed that there are different 'molds' of LL2 ripcords as well
(Nov. 25, 2011  1:41 PM)powerangeryan Wrote: Never play with your legs around stadium. It leaves the 'you know what' very vulnerable. I had to learn that the hard way. Curse you gravity Perseus . Thankfully I was wearing pants. Stadium out have never been so painful. And... I'm trying again at an official WBBA tournament and hopefully I'll get into the semi-finals this time. I lost the last qualifying battle by an inch and I found my mistake. Also, I'm aiming for a proto Quet which they are selling since I just got some money

As supposed to playing beyblades butt naked?
XD...hahaha....quite funny...thankfully we dont have a rule for what to wear while blading XD
Tourney organizers may create dress codes, though. Tongue_out *joke*
That was too funny, Uwik. Grin
Also SAM, may you tell us more about LL2 Rip Cord Mold Variations?
I have one LL2 (used to have 3; sold 2 to Jdbriggs), but when I had others I didn't ntice any difference in the winders.
Well I have 3 different molds and I have no idea which came with which bey but I have the C1,D1 and B1 molds. D1 has the least number of teeth and I think it came with Vari. It reduces the spin time. Second is the B1 mold which has slightly more teeth(I am telling this after looking at it a few times...failed to count) so it is a little better than D1 but not as good. C1 on the contrary has the most teeth and for my LL2 and L3R it gives me the best launch . And also C1 fits into each of my LL2s and is quite smooth but B1 and D1 make a sort of cracking sound when pulled out and hence the RPMs I get with them are very less
Well, that may be of significance to LL2 users only of the difference of the number of teeth is quite high. Smile
I have usually seen LL2's being rough...
They were never quite smooth. Were you using the C1 Rip Cord in the Tournament? If yes, then I have to say- I still heard the grinding noise from your L3R... Smile
L3R has that sound since the time it came...so that is normal and I was using a C1 in the tourney that too a bent one because that best suited my L3R...as I said L3R had that sound from the very beginning and i dont know the reason but yes the LL2 I had made no sound with C1...I think my sister / ashton pinto was using the C1 with the LL2
Well, I didn't notice the launch of ashton/your sister though...
Well, L3R has been known to be quite rough, so maybe that's the reason. Smile
But still, I think the difference will be quite negligible...
I don't like the abbreviation "L3R" for the Light Launcher L/R for the following reasons:

* It makes it sound like it's a beyblade piece rather than a launcher.
* It removes the specific notation L/R - which is very clear in indicating left and right spin, and is in widespread use with the beylauncher L/R
* "L3R" has been used in less than 40 posts by less than 20 people.

That being said, there are a small number of people who do like it. Maybe they would like to post their thoughts?
"L/R LL2" is obviously superior. Or, if you mean the basic ripcord launcher, just "L/R Launcher" or "Dual Spin Launcher". "Duo-Directional" if you really want to sound fancy. DDLL?

(Nov. 25, 2011  2:57 PM)SAM10795 Wrote: thankfully we dont have a rule for what to wear while blading XD

I wear a lab coat...
Obviously you cannot invent a name for it, use the official name ...

My remedy is of course to just type it all out like a non-lazy person ...
(Nov. 25, 2011  4:55 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Obviously you cannot invent a name for it, use the official name...

I don't see why not, since the "official name" is just a bunch of counterintuitive abbreviations anyway and the term "light launcher" has never been official (in england atleast).
"Light Launcher" is official, yes. It is written on every box ...