Beyblade Random Thoughts

I updated my signature in case anyone wanted to know
first time posting. Hello to other metal fight bladers. Here is the collection. Working on getting them all.

[Image: Rhrpf4P.png]
(Sep. 01, 2021  8:23 PM)Ratking Wrote: first time posting. Hello to other metal fight bladers. Here is the collection. Working on getting them all.

Oh my god. It's like the Pokedex...
Thats a very impressive collection! Now Im wishing my brothers and I couldve kept ours — its really such a waste that they went to the landfill instead of given to another Beyblade fan. But I guess we were dumb kids back then and didnt know any better
Are midfakes allowed in tournaments? I have searched some threads but I would like a clear answer.
(Sep. 01, 2021  8:23 PM)Ratking Wrote: first time posting. Hello to other metal fight bladers. Here is the collection. Working on getting them all.

HOLY NUTS DUDE 😱😱😱
(Sep. 04, 2021  2:14 PM)LJ-Blader Wrote: Are midfakes allowed in tournaments? I have searched some threads but I would like a clear answer.

Short answer, probably.

Long answer, depends on the judge and exactly how obvious it is that it's questionable. JA Industries has used a midfake Bakushin several times in his Indiana tournaments, where he rather plainly made it clear that he was using a "nerfed part". He's also the Organizer, and none of the judges cared (myself included). This will probably be the case for most judges to begin with, so odds are low that a midfake will be bounced unless you encounter a judge with a strong dislike for them or it's so awkward looking that the judge assumes it is straight-up fake.

So really, they're in this odd spot between real and fake and it's up to judge discretion.
I actually like the Hasbro originals. Like Dullahan, or Cyclops.
(Sep. 06, 2021  4:00 PM)MrMister Wrote: I actually like the Hasbro originals. Like Dullahan, or Cyclops.
Your pfp actually says it already lol. But yeah, I also really like them. Which is your favorite and why? Also of which one do you (really) want to see an Evo?

Also just imagine an American/Dub-exclusive anime series with all of the Hasbro exclusive Beys. With the Dual Layer ones like Orpheus, Tyros, Diomedes and Istros. Also of course with the ones from Turbo. Don't forget the Rise ones like Tact Leviathan or Viper Hydrax! That all would be so awesome, especially for the real Hasbro fans and Hasbro interested people in this community.
(Sep. 06, 2021  4:06 PM)BeySkozo Raky Wrote:
(Sep. 06, 2021  4:00 PM)MrMister Wrote: I actually like the Hasbro originals. Like Dullahan, or Cyclops.
Your pfp actually says it already lol. But yeah, I also really like them. Which is your favorite and why? Also of which one do you (really) want to see an Evo?

Yep! My favourite actually is not Dullahan, it's ifritor. I really like it's really "Out there" design and how the little "i" in the middle reminds me of an information button on a program. I wish it had an evolution.

(Sep. 06, 2021  4:06 PM)BeySkozo Raky Wrote:

Also just imagine an American/Dub-exclusive anime series with all of the Hasbro exclusive Beys. With the Dual Layer ones like Orpheus, Tyros, Diomedes and Istros. Also of course with the ones from Turbo. Don't forget the Rise ones like Tact Leviathan or Viper Hydrax! That all would be so awesome, especially for the real Hasbro fans and Hasbro interested people in this community.

Yeah, that would be awesome.
(Sep. 06, 2021  4:11 PM)MrMister Wrote:
(Sep. 06, 2021  4:06 PM)BeySkozo Raky Wrote: Your pfp actually says it already lol. But yeah, I also really like them. Which is your favorite and why? Also of which one do you (really) want to see an Evo?

Yep! My favourite actually is not Dullahan, it's ifritor. I really like it's really "Out there" design and how the little "i" in the middle reminds me of an information button on a program. I wish it had an evolution. 

[Image: latest?cb=20180411070247]
The thing with the "i" is definitely comprehensible,  but Ifritor isn't a Hasbro exclusive Beyblade. It first got released by TT (Takara Tomy) with its original name "Ifrit" in a Triple Set. So Hasbro's "Inferno" Iritor I2 is just their remake of the Bey. 
Also if you paid attention in the last few weeks, then you would know that Ifritor actually will get an Evo, a DB one. The newest female Blader in the DB anime but uses the "Hasbro-designed"-version of this Beyblade. But it's not confirmed if it is only a Hasbro exclusive or if TT is the original maker of this Bey.
(Sep. 06, 2021  4:17 PM)BeySkozo Raky Wrote:
(Sep. 06, 2021  4:11 PM)MrMister Wrote: Yep! My favourite actually is not Dullahan, it's ifritor. I really like it's really "Out there" design and how the little "i" in the middle reminds me of an information button on a program. I wish it had an evolution. 

The thing with the "i" is definitely comprehensible,  but Ifritor isn't a Hasbro exclusive Beyblade. It first got released by TT (Takara Tomy) with its original name "Ifrit" in a Triple Set. So Hasbro's "Inferno" Iritor I2 is just their remake of the Bey. 
Also if you paid attention in the last few weeks, then you would know that Ifritor actually will get an Evo, a DB one. The newest female Blader in the DB anime but uses the "Hasbro-designed"-version of this Beyblade. But it's not confirmed if it is only a Hasbro exclusive or if TT is the original maker of this Bey.
Wow, how confusing...

Well then Hyrus needs a evolution
(Sep. 06, 2021  4:21 PM)MrMister Wrote:
(Sep. 06, 2021  4:17 PM)BeySkozo Raky Wrote: The thing with the "i" is definitely comprehensible,  but Ifritor isn't a Hasbro exclusive Beyblade. It first got released by TT (Takara Tomy) with its original name "Ifrit" in a Triple Set. So Hasbro's "Inferno" Iritor I2 is just their remake of the Bey. 
Wow, how confusing...

Well then Hyrus needs a evolution
I forgot about Hyrus lol. 😅
(Sep. 06, 2021  4:17 PM)BeySkozo Raky Wrote:
(Sep. 06, 2021  4:11 PM)MrMister Wrote: Yep! My favourite actually is not Dullahan, it's ifritor. I really like it's really "Out there" design and how the little "i" in the middle reminds me of an information button on a program. I wish it had an evolution. 

And to be fair they changed the name, and I could not find a TT version of Ifritor I2. I did know about the new ifrit though, and was like, "Man, ifritor could be some stupid name hasbro used instead of ifrit."
(Sep. 06, 2021  4:25 PM)MrMister Wrote:
(Sep. 06, 2021  4:17 PM)BeySkozo Raky Wrote: The thing with the "i" is definitely comprehensible,  but Ifritor isn't a Hasbro exclusive Beyblade. It first got released by TT (Takara Tomy) with its original name "Ifrit" in a Triple Set. So Hasbro's "Inferno" Iritor I2 is just their remake of the Bey. 

And to be fair they changed the name, and I could not find a TT version of Ifritor I2. I did know about the new ifrit though, and was like, "Man, ifritor could be some stupid name hasbro used instead of ifrit."
Takara Tomy's B-64 Super Custom Set from the Dual Layer Series (Fandom):
https://beyblade.fandom.com/wiki/Beyblad..._Heavy_Ver.
😊

Also sorry for the last weird responses, I had to fix some issues with the first one lol. 😅😉
How do you know when a beyblade rolls? Like for wave, or universe or something, they have a wheel like ring around them, so when they’re rolling on that, is it technically still spinning?
(Sep. 06, 2021  5:02 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: How do you know when a beyblade rolls? Like for wave, or universe or something, they have a wheel like ring around them, so when they’re rolling on that, is it technically still spinning?

YES

thats the point of it isnt it
(Sep. 06, 2021  5:02 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: How do you know when a beyblade rolls? Like for wave, or universe or something, they have a wheel like ring around them, so when they’re rolling on that, is it technically still spinning?

A bey stops spinning and starts rolling when it is no longer under its own power. That's the baseline definition we use.

For immobile drivers like Rise it will stop spinning and start rolling the moment that the guard piece on it stops pushing the bey forwards on the ground. This will be once it starts to act like a wheel, the guard rotating the bey at the same rate as it is moving on the ground. If the guard is slipping then it is still providing power and grip, and thus still spinning.

For free-spinning drivers they have an exception to that, as the bottom half can stop completely while the top half remains rotating. This is still considered to be spinning. As such, a driver like Drift or Bearing would have to be knocked over and start rolling on another part of the bey to be capable of rolling at all.

Given that Universe has not one but two free-spinning pieces either is legally able to stop and still have the bey be considered spinning, and it will be solely on the disk and layer to define when it's spin stops.

tl;dr Universe stops spinning when the layer does because free-spin changes the rules, for something like Rise or Wave it's when the furthest point on the ground is no longer providing traction.
If you put flint on the blades of a bey like brave for example, would sparks work and if so how would it affect the battle?
How bursty is Roar Fafnir on drift? I don't have Bahamut.
(Sep. 10, 2021  3:57 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: How bursty is Roar Fafnir on drift? I don't have Bahamut.

It is not bursty at all.
OMG! I just got astral spriggan and it’s insane! The parts are definitely gonna help me up my game and I’ve come up with all kinds of upgrades for my combos as well as new combos! And now that I have xtreme it’s super aggressive! Wave’ is amazing too! And Quattro is awesome! The only complaint, literally the only complaint, is why Metal survive. But everything else is awesome!
(Sep. 09, 2021  10:00 AM)(Blank) Wrote: If you put flint on the blades of a bey like brave for example, would sparks work and if so how would it affect the battle?

You'd need flint on one and steel on the other, but that would be both a fire hazard and would easily cause damage to the softer plastic and rubber contacts.
I see, so it works. I would want a 3d printed beyblade like that, then use it against mfb beys.
(Sep. 11, 2021  9:22 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: OMG! I just got astral spriggan and it’s insane! The parts are definitely gonna help me up my game and I’ve come up with all kinds of upgrades for my combos as well as new combos! And now that I have xtreme it’s super aggressive! Wave’ is amazing too! And Quattro is awesome! The only complaint, literally the only complaint, is why Metal survive. But everything else is awesome!

Did you not have xtreme lol