Beyblade Random Thoughts

If I correctly understood, I think that all the data is stored in your smartphone.
But surely the actual data is held server side somewhere and you just use your smart phone as a way to upload that data? Otherwise people can just go into the app files, fiddle around with their wins and points and we will have a completely bs leaderboard xD

Which kinda make me wonder...How long it will be until someone finds a way to abuse the system, because we all know it will happen sometime. Wink
It happenned with the Metal Fight BeyPointer (it was pretty easy) and it will probably happen with the new system, unless Takara Tomy developped a much complex system. I don't know, for now it's just speculation.
Well the logger seems a bit more advanced than the pointer (Making the assumption as it connects to your phone and has nfc I've heard?) so fingers crossed they don't screw this up. Especially how other than the Burst mechanic the Beylogger systems seems to be the only other gimmick with the series...would be a shame to see it go downhill somehow xD.
my roller defencer is now just defencer.

i finally opened it to find that the screw holes are faulty. during me trying to stuff them in i lose one of the tiny screws.

sigh
I think with the subject of cheating with the BeyLogger, I would think it would happen. As we discussed in the Burst topic, it wouldn't be hard for someone to have two loggers and accounts/smart devices and battle with themselves to gain points or rig battles with friends to gain points. The Logger rankings won't really mean as much either considering it's not from organized play.
It would be amazing if they let you setup private groups for rankings, this way a small group of friends could keep track of rankings in their own social circles.

Wishful thinking.
(Apr. 22, 2015  2:33 AM)Naijalak Wrote: It would be amazing if they let you setup private groups for rankings, this way a small group of friends could keep track of rankings in their own social circles.

Wishful thinking.

I mean we do have the Regional Rankings, which isn't the exact same but does have a similar concept. For the most part each region has its own group of regulars who are pretty close, so they form some sort of social circle.

By the way it's nice to see you posting here regularly again.
I dunno if this has been done, but I placed my (fake) DF145WB combo on my (original) Ultimate Meteo L-Drago Absorb and I found out that it actually produces a different spin than with a right spinning Bey.
Like, I've seen fake clear and metal wheel making the Beyblade capable of both right and left-spin, but that's just pretty weird; strange how a track can make an impact on the overall spin direction of a Beyblade.

Are you completely sure that your Meteo L-Drago Absorb is authentic, Gaming239?
I don't know if this was discussed before, but meh:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZaHKVH0ZZ0
Simply the best launcher i've ever seen.
This is a product of God! Takara at the time can't even wish they had this done with Zeus!
Weird thought: I feel like there used to be way more girls in the Beyblade community during the plastics and HMS era than in the MFB era. I wonder why that is? Was the MFB anime not as appealing to girls as much as the varied, colorful, and frankly attractive cast of Bakuten Shoot?

It's awesome that, at least, the WBO is now run by a woman, but I do miss seeing a stronger female presence.
(May. 08, 2015  7:46 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Weird thought: I feel like there used to be way more girls in the Beyblade community during the plastics and HMS era than in the MFB era. I wonder why that is? Was the MFB anime not as appealing to girls as much as the varied, colorful, and frankly attractive cast of Bakuten Shoot?

It's awesome that, at least, the WBO is now run by a woman, but I do miss seeing a stronger female presence.

Just making sure, Kai-V runs it, right? o:
Kai-V is not a woman, she's a robot designed by Takara Tomy.
(May. 08, 2015  7:46 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Weird thought: I feel like there used to be way more girls in the Beyblade community during the plastics and HMS era than in the MFB era. I wonder why that is? Was the MFB anime not as appealing to girls as much as the varied, colorful, and frankly attractive cast of Bakuten Shoot?

I've noticed that, myself.
...At least you guys have me get out

I can only think of 3 active girls on the forum, aside from myself, and 2 who regularly attend tournaments (Kai-V included). On the other hand, the Tumblr Metal Fight Beyblade fandom is more or less dominated by females, so it's not as if female fans don't exist. I just think forums are generally less attractive to women, for whatever reason.
I think there's something to be said for the fact that the WBO has always been focused on the hobby first and foremost. Obviously it isn't the case with all girls, but a good majority of them seem to be more interested in the show than the hobby.

Kai-V has always wanted to make the Anime/Manga wiki–Beyblade Spirit–more of a focus as a division of the WBO, but it's never really got off the ground in a big way.

As for the Toronto community specifically, @[Crimson] and @[Minion] still attend tournaments, but much less frequently recently. Unhappy Crimson was became pretty active in the Toronto tournament scene a few years ago, actually.
I have to restrain myself from commenting on the attractiveness of two generations of Beyblade characters, seriously, hahah.

But yes, having been mostly on the anime side during Bakuten Shoot Beyblade period, I can definitely attest that there have been almost none of those rabid fans like those who existed for the previous series, and those from before obviously did not come back to be obsessed about Metal Fight Beyblade for various reasons, including age and life. We used to be super excited for any news regarding the characters, their background story, etc., but now I am the only one who cares about official surnames, apparently. All in all, I would say that Metal Fight Beyblade's anime fanbase consists almost entirely of very young boys who do believe in spirits and who will move on to another show the next year ...
(May. 10, 2015  9:06 AM)Kai-V Wrote: I have to restrain myself from commenting on the attractiveness of two generations of Beyblade characters, seriously, hahah.

Ah don't be ashamed, I probably do the same too.
(May. 10, 2015  9:06 AM)Kai-V Wrote: I have to restrain myself from commenting on the attractiveness of two generations of Beyblade characters, seriously, hahah.

OK no, you have to, and I will totally chime in with my own thoughts in response.
I just found this picture again, but it reminded me: why didn't we ever adopt this thing where Right-Spin Zero-G Attack and Left-Spin Zero-G Attack are differentiated as their own subtypes of Attack in Zero-G?

[Image: JKWED2d.png]

After all, they do kind of perform differently against same and opposite spin opponents...
That's kinda cool, actually. Makes sense.
Does anyone happen to know where this thing is from?

I'm not sure if it's some bootleg toy or from a happy meal I had when I was younger. I just kinda stumbled across it going through my old box of toys.
(May. 15, 2015  1:31 AM)Tri Wrote: Does anyone happen to know where this thing is from?

I'm not sure if it's some bootleg toy or from a happy meal I had when I was younger. I just kinda stumbled across it going through my old box of toys.

That is a McDonalds one, there are a few others like it.