Beyblade Random Thoughts

(May. 06, 2014  6:05 AM)Mixoris Wrote: I think they probably just wanted to try something different than the original old series, using metal instead of plastic. And when you say a plastic revival, do you mean, a network showing the old series? Or do you mean making a new series with the old characters and beyblades, basically being a reboot?

Also I agree. I always did want Libra to have a bey spirit. I agree that the Bat would work, because on the face bolt; it shows a bat holding scales on it's wings.

The plastics are awesome too an episode I watched when I was like three or four of Grevelution is what got me in to beyblade I've always loved Dragoon and Dranzer with Driger in third place! Also I'm thinking of drawing libra's spirit would you like me to pm you the image?
If beyblade had a live action movie like transformers or the marvel franchises it would seriously help remove the stereotype of a plaything and naturally lend more respect to the existence of a meta
(May. 07, 2014  1:49 PM)Time Wrote: If beyblade had a live action movie like transformers or the marvel franchises it would seriously help remove the stereotype of a plaything and naturally lend more respect to the existence of a meta

I genuinely can't think of a way they could make a movie out of Beyblade that is any less of a campy advertisement than the show... Furthermore, whereas Transformers and all of the Marvel franchises actually have stories that transition well to the big screen, Beyblade has to rely on "Kids with tops beat bad guys with tops and the bad guys give up because they lost a top battle" which is vastly inferior for reasons I hope I don't have to explain
(May. 07, 2014  9:25 PM)Ingulit Wrote:
(May. 07, 2014  1:49 PM)Time Wrote: If beyblade had a live action movie like transformers or the marvel franchises it would seriously help remove the stereotype of a plaything and naturally lend more respect to the existence of a meta

I genuinely can't think of a way they could make a movie out of Beyblade that is any less of a campy advertisement than the show... Furthermore, whereas Transformers and all of the Marvel franchises actually have stories that transition well to the big screen, Beyblade has to rely on "Kids with tops beat bad guys with tops and the bad guys give up because they lost a top battle" which is vastly inferior for reasons I hope I don't have to explain

Exactly, What would the characters do for a full 2 - 2 1/2 hours? battle over and over endlessly.. Even i (A fan) would be uninterested and honestly the beyblades would have to be computer generated anyway. It would discredit the hobby..

Same reason this Gem of a film didn't do a drop of justice to its animated counterpart.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/dragonball/
Ingulit has a point plus if it was made in to a movie by the people who make movies today it would probable suck I mean look what happened to Avatar the last air Bender it sucked so freaking bad it was made off of the anime like the Beyblade movie would have been.
Only last year I found out this http://youtu.be/pQn97dciARY was made, I haven't watched it in full yet as I'm still catching up on the tv series but it just seems like 3 episodes merged into one. I prefer episodes as it's broken up into small manageable shows.

However, let Disney get involved and they'd probably come up with how to turn it into a hit just like with Marvel, but it would most likely be more based on the characters not the battling. Executed well with a batch release of new stuff it'd sell like wildfire but would be very tricky to pull off
Whoa, I'm going to necro a few posts from two pages back because I just now saw them and wanna comment:

(Apr. 07, 2014  8:20 PM)Cake Wrote: So I traded BasaltSpam (my younger brother) my Ifraid wheel, which turned out to be a HUGE mistake because it exposes his Wyvang's contact point (the one at the "head") really really well, and he's wrecking most of my Defense customs with Wyvang Ifraid BD145RF. It'll just bump harmlessly against my combo until it nails it on that one contact point and BAM, my best Defense types are sailing out of the stadium. I can beat it with E230 defense, but it's still really annoying XD

However, in my search for a relatively effective counter, I've found my position on Diablo's place on the tier list changing completely. Before, I thought it wasn't going to stay long - but now I've found it winning in places where my Synchroms were failing. It still works wonders for Anti-Attack, and oddly was able to OS quite a few other combos as well. Plus, its excellent Attack power allowed it to KO combos it couldn't OS.

I really wanna try out Wyvang Ifraid now, that's interesting! So E230 was giving it trouble even with Ifraid on top? KainHighwind told me awhile back about how Ifraid is really good at hitting upward, so maybe if Wyvang Ifraid was on a track like LW160/SA165[Attack] it could land some good blows against E230 ([Normal], anyway, [Boost] would likely still be annoying)!

(On a semi-related note, I still feel really bad for not getting around to testing some of KainHighwind's ideas with Ifraid, hopefully I'll be able to soon *n*)

(Apr. 12, 2014  10:02 PM)Time Wrote: So I just picked up a bandit Genbu (guys check kmart, it's loaded with wave 3) and there's a very legitimate chance after just tightening the screw it's better than both of my orange takara ones

Has anyone else been able to replicate this?? If so, I would be beyond ecstatic because I've been trying to get a hold of a TT Orange F230 for so long, and I would LOVE if this would work as a (superior??) alternative!!
Ingulit So, update on that, it was noticeably better for the first few days of play, but it deteriorated very quickly to the point where it is not as good as my brown one (albeit still significantly better than my red one)
Yeah, tightening and repeatedly cleaning the Hasbro orange F230 is the only way for me to get good results with it. It is such a pain so I rarely ever use it.
(May. 08, 2014  6:15 PM)Ingulit Wrote:
(Apr. 07, 2014  8:20 PM)Cake Wrote: So I traded BasaltSpam (my younger brother) my Ifraid wheel, which turned out to be a HUGE mistake because it exposes his Wyvang's contact point (the one at the "head") really really well, and he's wrecking most of my Defense customs with Wyvang Ifraid BD145RF. It'll just bump harmlessly against my combo until it nails it on that one contact point and BAM, my best Defense types are sailing out of the stadium. I can beat it with E230 defense, but it's still really annoying XD

However, in my search for a relatively effective counter, I've found my position on Diablo's place on the tier list changing completely. Before, I thought it wasn't going to stay long - but now I've found it winning in places where my Synchroms were failing. It still works wonders for Anti-Attack, and oddly was able to OS quite a few other combos as well. Plus, its excellent Attack power allowed it to KO combos it couldn't OS.

I really wanna try out Wyvang Ifraid now, that's interesting! So E230 was giving it trouble even with Ifraid on top? KainHighwind told me awhile back about how Ifraid is really good at hitting upward, so maybe if Wyvang Ifraid was on a track like LW160/SA165[Attack] it could land some good blows against E230 ([Normal], anyway, [Boost] would likely still be annoying)!

(On a semi-related note, I still feel really bad for not getting around to testing some of KainHighwind's ideas with Ifraid, hopefully I'll be able to soon *n*)

Ifraid was hitting E230 pretty hard, but for the most part E230 was hitting it on the side, or even getting down to Wyvang based on how it hit. And I did have E230 flipped up, so it was mostly just taking Ifraid's hits and sliding all over the place more than anything else.

Though Wyvang Ifraid SA165 (Attack) could be promising for taking down annoying taller combos that don't use E230, like Dragooon F230GCF, and it should be able to nail anything roughly the same height as itself, so 165/145 stuff should be fine. It should also be above BD145 at that height, so that won't be an issue either.

I'll have to see about testing that further, but I can't find his stuff right now to steal it in the name of science...
(May. 07, 2014  5:14 AM)Saber Leopard Wrote:
(May. 06, 2014  6:05 AM)Mixoris Wrote: I think they probably just wanted to try something different than the original old series, using metal instead of plastic. And when you say a plastic revival, do you mean, a network showing the old series? Or do you mean making a new series with the old characters and beyblades, basically being a reboot?

Also I agree. I always did want Libra to have a bey spirit. I agree that the Bat would work, because on the face bolt; it shows a bat holding scales on it's wings.

The plastics are awesome too an episode I watched when I was like three or four of Grevelution is what got me in to beyblade I've always loved Dragoon and Dranzer with Driger in third place! Also I'm thinking of drawing libra's spirit would you like me to pm you the image?

It is crazy that you would say that. Because I also watched G-Revolution when I was three or four! And sure, I would love for you to PM the image. Another bey spirit I would like to see is Cyber Pegasus, even though it is easy to imagine. Just a red version of Storm Pegasus. You know another spirit they didn't show? Aquario, or maybe they did, but I wasn't sure if it was the bey spirit. When Aquario does certain attacks, it shows a giant glowing wave, but once again, I am not sure if that is a bey spirit.
Yo, I'm just wondering what's going on with Beyblades right now. Is it dying again or something? There haven't been new releases or anything for a while... So yeah, what's going on?
(May. 10, 2014  3:06 AM)Hakai_619 Wrote: Yo, I'm just wondering what's going on with Beyblades right now. Is it dying again or something? There haven't been new releases or anything for a while... So yeah, what's going on?

It is a lot more ambiguous than that. If you look through my topic here, you will learn everything about the current state of Beyblade in Japan : http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Beyblade...-confirmed

Also, keep in mind that Hasbro has Beyblades Legends coming up for which we do not have much information but that they also wish to make Beyblade an evergreen brand, which means that there would never be a hiatus in it.
Just thinking about how much money I wasted spent on Beyblades makes me sad. Like do you even know how many times I could have been to the museum/science center in that amount. And I'm pretty sure I won't be getting a good resale value anytime soon so I guess I'll have to keep them and get a job XD
V ~ BIG QUOTE ~ V

So I bought a bunch of Beyblade junk at Kmart, picking up a Genbull, Begirados, and a Fire Team set. Now I can test Wyvang Ifraid (if I can bear to trash the beautiful gold Ifraid Unhappy )

Also in the set was Phoenic, which I was excited about testing, and I was extremely disappointed; it doesn't fit with anything, it acts like it's 5g lighter than it actually is due to recoil, and has surprisingly little Attack power given its insanely aggressive design. It's also poorly balanced, and so it can't even improve Stamina on any attack-y Synchroms I have.

Saramanda's also cool (particularly the orange-bronze color it's in Confused ) but again I haven't found any use for it. I already have Killerken, Revizer, and Genbull, so I'm set for Defense.

I did notice something unusual about the E230 that came with Phoenic, as it is significantly less wiggly and "sticks" less; when pushed up from only one side it doesn't lock in place as much as my TT green one from the Def/Stam set. I plan on testing it to see if that improves or hurts its destabilization abilities.
Yah, Phoenic is special. Even synchromed with itself it doesn't have any good attack points.
The only thing it's somewhat decent on is Bauamdia Phoenic where Bahamdia is doing most of the work unless you're facing a taller custom. Even then, Ifraid or Begirados is better.

sarabscientist Wrote:Just thinking about how much money I wasted spent on Beyblades makes me sad. Like do you even know how many times I could have been to the museum/science center in that amount. And I'm pretty sure I won't be getting a good resale value anytime soon so I guess I'll have to keep them and get a job

qft
So, update on Wyvang Ifraid-

I was doing some informal fun battles with some people today (it really helps to have four or five members who live within walking distance lol) and SWEET JESUS THIS THING IS STRONG

I was disappointed for about five seconds at the start of a four-way multi-battle, until Wyvang landed two massive KOs on an RDF Dragooon setup and a Killerken Genbull LTDC. The last one, a Balro attacker, got thrown out but idk by who lol

Doing some more formal one-on-ones, I was enormously impressed by the effects of its all-or-nothing attitude towards KOs; most Attack types slam into stuff dealing hits that don't quite knock things out, wasting a lot of strength on those weak hits. In this case, it either did nothing and sacrificed little power or smashed HARD into the opponent and completely annihilated it. It's just a matter of hitting that beautifully exposed contact point, which is incredibly destructive towards anything and everything.
From what you've said it doesn't sound very consistent. We'd like actual tests if that's possible. Plus anything can happen in four-way battles.
From what he's said, it sounds awesome, haha.

I've tried it before, wasn't really a fan (I also tried Goreim which wasn't bad) but it might be something to look into again.
(May. 11, 2014  8:26 PM)Cake Wrote: V ~ BIG QUOTE ~ V

So I bought a bunch of Beyblade junk at Kmart, picking up a Genbull, Begirados, and a Fire Team set. Now I can test Wyvang Ifraid (if I can bear to trash the beautiful gold Ifraid Unhappy )

Also in the set was Phoenic, which I was excited about testing, and I was extremely disappointed; it doesn't fit with anything, it acts like it's 5g lighter than it actually is due to recoil, and has surprisingly little Attack power given its insanely aggressive design. It's also poorly balanced, and so it can't even improve Stamina on any attack-y Synchroms I have.

Saramanda's also cool (particularly the orange-bronze color it's in Confused ) but again I haven't found any use for it. I already have Killerken, Revizer, and Genbull, so I'm set for Defense.

I did notice something unusual about the E230 that came with Phoenic, as it is significantly less wiggly and "sticks" less; when pushed up from only one side it doesn't lock in place as much as my TT green one from the Def/Stam set. I plan on testing it to see if that improves or hurts its destabilization abilities.
Saramanda is a jack of all trades, master of none. Girago does everything saramanda does but better.

Phoenic is a mystery. It looks so amazingly insane for attack but after you try it out it kinda sucks compared to balro and wyvang. In standard and Zero-G of course.
Another Wyvang Ifraid update - I did some tests formally and it's pretty much exactly as I expected:

Testing with MSF-H Wyvang Ifraid GB145RF

I've done a little bit of testing against lefty Defense, and it's not looking so good for Wyvang there, but it still demolishes anything that's not E230 or left-spin. Not sure how left Stamina will do, but I expect Wyvang will KO it fairly easily.

I'll make a thread after the next round of testing is done. Any suggestions to test it against? I'm already doing Revizer Dragooon BD145RDF/SA165 (Attack) WD for left-spin testing. I'm also planning on testing against Genbull^2 F230TB/CS.
Thats not really what I got, haha. Do you think you could do a benchmark?

MSF-H Wyvang Ifraid GB145R2F VS. MSF-H Reviser Killerken BD145RSF

WI: 7(All KO)
RK: 13(2KO, 11OS)
Ties: 0

There were a few powerful hits that Wyvang Ifraid delivered, but like I said earlier wasn't very consistent. Most hits wouldn't budge it.
BUMP the Ifraid discussion topic Cake, I'll have some tests up later.