Beyblade Random Thoughts

Re: Legends League or w/e: Even if it doesn't get officially sanctioned by the WBO (though perhaps once the committee have worked out Zero-G we may have a better framework in process for running more formats, who knows?), we could at least work out and discuss the rules and parts legalities, perhaps in a thread of it's own at some point. I'd enjoy discussing it.

I mean, personally, I'd think the easiest way to sort out the majority of the legality stuff would be a weight limit, though I'm not sure how much of an advantage BD145 gives things.

Though, the ban list you've given basically runs much closer to the "second format" we were discussing a while back, that never quite went anywhere, so if you haven't, you may want to find that thread (I think yamislayer made it) and read that.

If hasbro continue making wheels so light, the "nothing that imbalances a pre-Maximum metagame" format may allow those to be used, which would be nice.
In terms of banning the left spin stuff, I would suggest leaving them in, as attack doesn't do as well in tournament situations and people are often too afraid to use it. If you ban BD145, E230 and 230 (as they had a massive effect on the game), then the game may become attack-vulnerable, but we never got to see the effect LTDC's would've had on the game, and they might allow defense to survive. I personally like metagames where CS is not a safe choice for a "defense" bey, and is relegated to balance types, and people have to use tips with less stamina for defensively sound combos.

If you were to have a meta devoted to legend-weight stuff, then Lightning would almost certainly need to be banned, if it managed to fit through the weight limit (which gravity wouldn't), and meteo, I'd personally wait and see how it did.

And yeah, I was surprised to see you dismiss Dark there, its defense was always quite similar to grand when I used them.
Draco, that ban list is almost exactly what I was thinking. I was trying to come up with a lightweights league and came up with something a ban list along the lines of:

Lightweight Ban List

METAL WHEELS
The wheel cannot be more than 40 grams
No TT/Sonoking 4D Wheels (including lighter ones like Scythe)
* NOTE: Wheels like Divine and Forbidden would be allowed
No Hell/Hades
No Libra
Obviously no Basalt
Obviously no Synchrom

TRACKS
The track cannot be more than 5 grams
Obviously no BD145
Obviously no E230

This ban list has the two weight limits to make sure that future releases can be easily checked for legality in the format. I didn't think about banning the L-Drago wheels, how much of a problem were they? Also, lowering the metal wheel weight limit to 37 or 35 grams might be a better alternative.

This ban list makes all the extra lightweight wheels that I'm sure most of us have actually relevant again. It also is flexible enough to allow Zero-G beys as long as they aren't synchromed.

I love the name "Legend League"; it sounds very cool and, once someone explains it the first time, very descriptive of the format.

Apologies for such a short post; I would love to elaborate on these choices, but I'm rather under the weather at the moment. I just wanted to put it out there that Draco has a great start for the format I was hoping could be made, and my take on a ban list for such a format.
I will not express my opinion on such a format for the moment, but since this is the Beyblade Random Thoughts topic anyway, it sounds like you bought some bad Metal Wheels and are trying to find a way to justify their purchase by creating a new format. Legend Series Beyblades were known to be outclassed almost exactly as they came out, so personally I bought none ...
What do you guys think of the Sagittario CW? It is abnormally heavy and it's also perfectly symmetrically balanced. Perhaps it could have use for defense and stamina....
(Jul. 02, 2012  3:03 AM)Kai-V Wrote: I will not express my opinion on such a format for the moment, but since this is the Beyblade Random Thoughts topic anyway, it sounds like you bought some bad Metal Wheels and are trying to find a way to justify their purchase by creating a new format. Legend Series Beyblades were known to be outclassed almost exactly as they came out, so personally I bought none ...

This is actually somewhat correct, but let me explain myself; the idea for a new format came to me when I got a Divine metal wheel and became very interested in its shape. It overhangs the track a lot and has a nice, dome-like contour that, despite the gaps, seems like it would have some interesting properties. Unfortunately, it's in no why viable simply due to the fact that it is lacking a standard ten extra grams of weight. So, I started thinking "I remember reading a thread about a Pre-Maximum Series format a long time ago, and I think with some adjustments it might be fun." Thus, I came up with the idea I posted. Yes, you are entirely right; the format is, first and foremost, just to give the extra wheels that I'm sure many of us purchased for the bey's other parts some use, which I do not think is in any way a bad thing.

Don't get me wrong, I don't own any Legend beys myself other than ones that either came in two-packs or had some part I actually wanted for some reason or another. They certainly aren't good buys, and honestly even if a format like this was created I probably wouldn't go out searching for them either.

EDIT: But yeah, your reaction is actually the reason I hadn't post my thoughts on a format yet, but I wanted to back up Draco since he posted almost exactly what I've been thinking of for awhile now.

(Jul. 02, 2012  3:03 AM)Flash Wrote: What do you guys think of the Sagittario CW? It is abnormally heavy and it's also perfectly symmetrically balanced. Perhaps it could have use for defense and stamina....

Saggitario I or II? I isn't particularly heavy, but it does have a very interested weight distribution pattern that is good on wheels like Flash (thanks to Th!nk for that information). Saggitario II is extremely heavy, and while I haven't been able to tell if it is particularly well balanced, it can be used on Defense combos due to its weight alone.
The idea is fun, not a justification. My god.
(Jul. 02, 2012  3:24 AM)Ingulit Wrote:
(Jul. 02, 2012  3:03 AM)Kai-V Wrote: I will not express my opinion on such a format for the moment, but since this is the Beyblade Random Thoughts topic anyway, it sounds like you bought some bad Metal Wheels and are trying to find a way to justify their purchase by creating a new format. Legend Series Beyblades were known to be outclassed almost exactly as they came out, so personally I bought none ...

This is actually somewhat correct, but let me explain myself; the idea for a new format came to me when I got a Divine metal wheel and became very interested in its shape. It overhangs the track a lot and has a nice, dome-like contour that, despite the gaps, seems like it would have some interesting properties. Unfortunately, it's in no why viable simply due to the fact that it is lacking a standard ten extra grams of weight. So, I started thinking "I remember reading a thread about a Pre-Maximum Series format a long time ago, and I think with some adjustments it might be fun." Thus, I came up with the idea I posted. Yes, you are entirely right; the format is, first and foremost, just to give the extra wheels that I'm sure many of us purchased for the bey's other parts some use, which I do not think is in any way a bad thing.

Don't get me wrong, I don't own any Legend beys myself other than ones that either came in two-packs or had some part I actually wanted for some reason or another. They certainly aren't good buys, and honestly even if a format like this was created I probably wouldn't go out searching for them either.

EDIT: But yeah, your reaction is actually the reason I hadn't post my thoughts on a format yet, but I wanted to back up Draco since he posted almost exactly what I've been thinking of for awhile now.

(Jul. 02, 2012  3:03 AM)Flash Wrote: What do you guys think of the Sagittario CW? It is abnormally heavy and it's also perfectly symmetrically balanced. Perhaps it could have use for defense and stamina....

Saggitario I or II? I isn't particularly heavy, but it does have a very interested weight distribution pattern that is good on wheels like Flash (thanks to Th!nk for that information). Saggitario II is extremely heavy, and while I haven't been able to tell if it is particularly well balanced, it can be used on Defense combos due to its weight alone.

Thanks. I've been testing it recently in my balance combo MF-H Death Sagittario 230WD. I usually use aquario, but Sagittario II is so BADASS looking.
I think that some comparitive stamina testing was done for Sag II at one point in the combo Phantom ___ AD145WD. Compared to Cancer, Sag II gave a really bad solo spin time, but it could very well be decent for defense. The weight alone is nice, and although balance plays a role in finding a defense CW, it could still work.

IIRC, KaotiK got 3rd at one of our tournaments using MF-H Duo Sag II BD145CS, so it can't be too bad.
In my case, a) it's fun, and b) I have a ridiculous amount of old wheels lying around I'd like to use again, that were good when I bought them.

In terms of your ban list, Ingulit, if you ban libra, while it does make a bunch of other wheels more useful, you may risk attack running rampant, as without BD145 or 230, Gravity, Lightning and even Vulcan may end up overpowering Earth, though my memory is quite fuzzy, and even if they did I wouldn't mind.

Primal: Maybe, but there are a lot of other things that would do just as well, and using cancer instead even on that combo should provide better spin time without any measurable defense drop.
Are those bad-light Wheels that bad even in Zero-G Stadiums anyway ? I do think that I had tried a light combination when I first played in the Zero-G Stadium Attack Type, but it was nothing offensive anyway.
Cannot wait to see a legit LIGHT combo haha. XD
3-Way Testing Discussion:
---------------------------------------
I decided to make this post for testing 3-way beybattle survivals. Anyone who wants to put up their test results from a 3-way test they've done, they can put it up here. This is also for giving requests for tests. Not all test requests can be fulfilled by me, because I might not have the parts for the bey(s) involved in the request, but other people who look on here and do have the parts can test for you and put it up on here. And to kick it off, here's one I came up with, that I have already tested, and will reveal the answer to a week from now:

Which would survive in a 3-way battle?:
----------------------------------------------------
-Basalt Pegasus SW145MB
-Hell Tempo BD145CS
-Earth Kerbecs 105DS

Feel free to give your answers and opinions on this question.
Dude I have all those parts so give me a few miniutes and I'll get back to you with a lagit answer
(Jul. 02, 2012  4:58 AM)beycrafter01 Wrote: 3-Way Testing Discussion:
I decided to make this post for testing 3-way beybattle survivals. Anyone who wants to put up their test results from a 3-way test they've done, they can put it up here. This is also for giving requests for tests. Not all test requests can be fulfilled by me, because I might not have the parts for the bey(s) involved in the request, but other people who look on here and do have the parts can test for you and put it up on here. And to kick it off, here's one I came up with, that I have already tested, and will reveal the answer to a week from now:

-Basalt Pegasus SW145MB
-Hell Tempo BD145CS
-Earth Kerbecs 105DS

Hell tempo bd145cs I just tested them.
(Jul. 02, 2012  4:58 AM)beycrafter01 Wrote: 3-Way Testing Discussion:

-Basalt Pegasus SW145MB
-Hell Tempo BD145CS
-Earth Kerbecs 105DS

...ahh...well...ya see...the thing is...ya this should probably be a thread people cant always respond to a post in a thread with another purpose like that
I tried making it a thread. Kai-V said only in Random Thoughts topic. And I would test that a few more times. I have already tested the 3-way, and got a different answer. Try doing 12 battles, switching which bey goes first:

Round 1) Basalt Peg, Hell Temp, Earth Kerb
Round 2) Hell Temp, Earth Kerb, Basalt Peg
Round 3)Earth Kerb, Basalt Peg, Hell Temp
Round 4) Basalt Peg, Hell Temp, Earth Kerb

And continue that pattern throughout the different rounds
(Jul. 02, 2012  2:14 AM)Ingulit Wrote: I didn't think about banning the L-Drago wheels, how much of a problem were they?

-Lightning, when not held back by its now relatively light weight, is one of the most powerful attack wheels in existance. No legend defense combo will stand a chance against it.
-The reshuffle meteos are like lesser versions of Lightning. Still fairly powerful.
-Attackwise, regular L-Drago II is the worst L-Drago to the extent that it might be allowable if it werent for its ability to spin equalise. With this ability, however, defenders tend to be unable to outspin it (most battles end in a draw), which seems highly meta breaking.
-Metal Series L-Drago looks like it's the same as lightning (I haven't tested it).
-Destroy and Gaurdian are simply too heavy.
-Destructor remains to be seen.

Note: this is all from testing versus legends, were Earth to be the standard by which defense types were measured, these would likely all be allowable but including earth would likely rule out any use of legend defenders. Even Dark surpasses the majority of them when used well.
If L Drago is a menace against Legend Series-style Beyblades, then the latter are definitely the problem, hah. L Drago is definitely not that good.
When I refer to "L Drago", it is always the Metal System one.

Although, now that I read your post again, you wrote that you have not tested it, but I can assure you that it is not the same as Lightning.
Beywiki claims it was once a powerful part. This means it most likely would be very powerful in the "Legend League" if it were allowed but, since I do not own it, I cannot say for sure.
Earth Kerbecs 105DS would be the overall winner of the 3-way test. RESULTS:

Rounds
------------
1) Earth Kerbecs 105DS -LAUNCHED LAST- (OUTSPIN)
2) Earth Kerbecs 105DS -LAUNCHED 2ND- (OUTSPIN/DISTURBED HELL TEMPO'S BALANCE)
3) Earth Kerbecs 105DS -LAUNCHED 1ST- (OUTSPIN)
4) Earth Kerbecs 105DS -LAUNCHED LAST- (OUTSPIN)
5) Twisted Pegasus SW145MB -LAUNCHED LAST- (OUTSPIN/STEADY K.O. ON HELL TEMPO)
6) Hell Tempo BD145CS -LAUNCHED LAST- (OUTSPIN)
7) Earth Kerbecs 105DS -LAUNCHED FIRST- (OUTSPIN)
8) Twisted Pegasus SW145MB -LAUNCHED FIRST- (OUTSPIN)
9) Hell Tempo BD145CS -LAUNCHED FIRST- (OUTSPIN)
10) Earth Kerbecs 105DS -LAUNCHED FIRST- (OUTSPIN)
11)Twisted Pegasus SW145MB -LAUNCHED FIRST- (OUTSPIN)
12) Hell Tempo BD145CS -LAUNCHED FIRST- (OUTSPIN)
Got another GB145:
Battle Pack (Opaque Yellow): 4.58-4.61g
Metal Masters (Transparent Yellow): 4.49-4.52g
Battle Pack (Transparent Grey): 4.27-4.30g

It seems there's a fair bit of variation in this part...
Chrome Wheel + Chrome Wheel = Synchrome, how about Crystal Wheels?
Crystal Wheel + Crystal Wheel = Syncrystal.

That is seriously awesome no matter how laughable the results were. :3
(Jul. 02, 2012  10:24 PM)Syncrystal Wrote: That is seriously awesome no matter how laughable the results were. :3

Hahah. Thanks bro, noticing your username and all.