Beyblade Random Thoughts

I wasn't implying it was competitive by any means. I just was curious if you go bounce a bey at the other end of the stadium...
(May. 13, 2012  9:37 PM)Raigeko13 Wrote: Nah, of course not. I just find it semi useful sometimes :p it works better against S based combos than CF imo.

Q works better because it doesnt Self KO as easy, it tends to stay in the stadium more often than not. Tongue_out
I have no clue about Takara Tomys Q, I have Hasbros mold. I might end up buying a TT one, they're pretty cheap lol (I wonder why?! XD)
(May. 13, 2012  3:27 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: When the blades point down it should, theoretically, add to scraping but CF will most likely scrape long before UW145 does, not giving it a chance to do so. Defense mode seems interesting to look at in ZG.

It really only works when it gets to the point where it's about to fall out of the hole..

EDIT: Interesting, my TAKARA-TOMY Fang wheel is heavier then my Sono-Kong's one by about 1-1.1g..
Drastic, massive weight variation, no less. Most especially noticable between TT and SK, but within each company it is also rampant.

Read more, if you want, here: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Weight-i...n-testings
Does such variation occur in Hasbro "Twisted" wheels? If not, I would suggest Hasbro only (still in BB-10) tournaments on the side (since ditching the brand free-for-all ones would annoy regulars and those who buy off the net) to see what effect the limitation would have on the meta.

This may just be personal bias though as, as I have made clear many times, I would love to see a meta where weight isn't everything and Metal Fury is looking to provide.
Basalt is only even a thread in the Hasbro meta anymore anyway, and it's not really worth exploring tournaments for that extremely limited metagame... most regions where these wheels are the primary wheels tend to only use them anyway. However, from what I've seen posted, Hasbro's Twisted wheels are relatively consistent, yes - they seem to fall around the "intended" weight for the wheel, while TT and SK ones can be several grams heavier.

Zero-G is altering the weight dynamics a little bit.
I really hate how Zero-G beys are off balance. CF can't perform very properly and it sounds like a small version of Q :c
Works fine on anything else though.
Actually, I've found that if you push the track to the heavier side of the wheel, you can usually balance it out, though you may have to spin it in your hand (if you can) to make sure it's balanced. You just have to keep scooching it around untill you get it.

I've been able to do it Saramanda and Ifraid. Smile
(May. 14, 2012  4:16 PM)Hazel Wrote: Basalt is only even a thread in the Hasbro meta anymore anyway, and it's not really worth exploring tournaments for that extremely limited metagame...

Hasbro meta is with Hasbro stadiums. What I'm talking is more the regular meta minus the Metal System and 4D beys but with the future addition of Metal Fury. Not the beywheel adaptor spin track though, anyone can see that'll be broken as hell.

The lessened weight variation and lack of random boosters should mean matchups are soley about combos and skill, not luck. This probably isn't really that big of a deal but, with Fury looking to be significantly lighter than 4D, I do believe it would be best to split the metas. In the 4D meta, the extra weight dominates to the point where Basalt is laughable. In the Fury meta, assuming Fury is lighter, every beyblade wave would be roughly the same weight, meaning newer parts don't outclass the old like they do in the current meta. And, of course, less outclassed parts means more combo variety, meaning more thought and less copypaste from the net.

The ability to see Burn face off against Fang on an equal footing (for example) would be great IMO.
You should probably try to understand that we're working on Zero-G, not Hasbro's shenanigans, concerning whatever plans we have for metagame splits.

With tournaments already having come this far with 4D mixed in, and now Zero-G, too, it just makes no sense to try and go back in time for the sake of new 4D weights/shapes.
Sure, that's fair enough. It was only a suggestion.
Great , now I'll just have to wait another year or so for Zero-G to come out in Malaysia.
im getting my first bb-10 equivelent soon i cant wait! anyway have been testing a few combows lately and i cut my finger badly i was very painful
"BB-10 equivalent" ? You either have an Attack Type BeyStadium or you do not ...
(May. 15, 2012  4:33 PM)Kai-V Wrote: "BB-10 equivalent" ? You either have an Attack Type BeyStadium or you do not ...

thats what i ment.... im gettimng one in a few days....
(May. 15, 2012  4:33 PM)Kai-V Wrote: "BB-10 equivalent" ? You either have an Attack Type BeyStadium or you do not...

BB-36 is not product BB-10 and yet it most definitely contains an attack stadium. That could make it a "BB-10 equivalent" in the eyes of some. Still, the phrase does sound really suspect if you ask me.
Hence why I never refer to the Attack Type BeyStadium by its product code ... I am not lazy and type the whole name, not an erronous abbreviation.
Fair enough.
I personally use "BB-10" because I see "Attack Stadium" as a generic term, even though I know it's unique to one stadium in the MFB era. Yes, I guess it is erroneous, but I do not use it as an abbrieviation.
I shall, however, give some thought as to how I shall proceed from here, since I cannot be without an accurate name for a stadium I know own.
Cool. You were the guy with the plastic-generation stadium ? It is great that you now have a proper stadium.
When I say I own it, I don't mean it's in my physical possession just yet, unfortunately.
I shall get back to you with my opinion on it in about a month (yes, I'm a cheapskate when it comes to shipping).

As for my Magnestadium, it will be sorely missed but it has been beyond real usability for some time and I have simply been too stubborn to let go. Picking plastic shards out my carpet and slippers was one thing but when beys started getting stuck in the stadium wall, I knew it was time to give up and move on.
Wouldn't it be awesome if they made a rubber variation of WD,D, and SD? That would be so awesome because they wouldn't get KO'ed as much.
D series tips undergo a lot of wear and tear and are used for stamina. Making them out of rubber would vastly increase the wear and reduce the stamina, making them near useless.
Also, post such things in the "Beyblade parts you want to see come true!" topic.
I looked at a TT RSF, and then at a Hasbro SF, and noticed that RSF is much bigger. Here, I just thought that it would be the same size but rubber.