Beyblade Random Thoughts

Can the metal center of Master Diabolos be used as a regular layer weight?
(Feb. 26, 2020  7:00 PM)Infinite.DX Wrote: Can the metal center of Master Diabolos be used as a regular layer weight?

No. It is only compatible with the Master layer base.
(Feb. 26, 2020  1:30 AM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Feb. 26, 2020  1:00 AM)YishYash Wrote: I can imagine people finding a use for it in burst classic, another cool part also would be Bite'.

That is practically keep’.

Keep and Bite have alot of differences in the rubber. Bite has pretty hard rubber compared to Keep.
(Feb. 26, 2020  7:34 PM)YishYash Wrote:
(Feb. 26, 2020  1:30 AM)BuilderROB Wrote: That is practically keep’.

Keep and Bite have alot of differences in the rubber. Bite has pretty hard rubber compared to Keep.

I've also found βite can be a bit more aggressive in some circumstances. I know I've seen βite circle around after a hit and burst the opponent like some sort of counterattack, or attack for a moment as it lands. Keep can do the same, sure, but it doesn't hit quite as hard due to the free spinning nature of the rubber.

They may be similar, but they do have enough differences to make them unique.
i remember collecting money for two months to get that remote controlled draciel and actually found it in market which was pretty cool
i wish i still had one of those OG beast beyblades , im a very professional person IRL but i cant help but express my love for my childhood obsessions, i know yall can relate if you trully loved seeing those brooklyn and kai matches.
(Feb. 26, 2020  9:58 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Feb. 26, 2020  7:34 PM)YishYash Wrote: Keep and Bite have alot of differences in the rubber. Bite has pretty hard rubber compared to Keep.

I've also found βite can be a bit more aggressive in some circumstances. I know I've seen βite circle around after a hit and burst the opponent like some sort of counterattack, or attack for a moment as it lands. Keep can do the same, sure, but it doesn't hit quite as hard due to the free spinning nature of the rubber.

They may be similar, but they do have enough differences to make them unique.

So it basically has a working version of Loop's intended gimmick. Interesting. Ill check this out.
(Feb. 27, 2020  3:52 AM)YishYash Wrote: So it basically has a working version of Loop's intended gimmick. Interesting. Ill check this out.

Moreso it just gets lucky counter hits imo.
Those tiny eye stickers that you get with beys like Dragoon and L Drago are the worst. Incredibly hard to put on and since they're so small they barely have any sticking power. Stickers that go across a convex curve should be banned too. You don't need to be a genius to figure out that it will lift over time.
(Feb. 27, 2020  6:09 AM)silly_snake Wrote: Those tiny eye stickers that you get with beys like Dragoon and L Drago are the worst. Incredibly hard to put on and since they're so small they barely have any sticking power. Stickers that go across a convex curve should be banned too. You don't need to be a genius to figure out that it will lift over time.

Well... they can’t really help the convex sticker part, cuz beyblade is... well... circular...

If anything, they need to use I higher strength adhesive for their stickers. That’ll fix most of their problems
(Feb. 27, 2020  6:09 AM)silly_snake Wrote: Those tiny eye stickers that you get with beys like Dragoon and L Drago are the worst. Incredibly hard to put on and since they're so small they barely have any sticking power. Stickers that go across a convex curve should be banned too. You don't need to be a genius to figure out that it will lift over time.

Tiny stickers are not my issue at all, and otherwise most stickers are fine too. My issue is with stickers that are downright hellish to put on, such as the eyes of Bloody Longinus that have to wrap around and do a 180 and just generally is hard to line up right, and after doing this once decided never to put those stickers on again for the recolors. I also recall some of the stickers on the interior edge of Air Knight to be way too tricky to access with my fingers, and eventually just stuck it on the edge of a knife so I could slide the sticker back in there and then press it down with the flat of the blade. Same thing sorta happened on Lightning L-Drago with its plated stickers on the side.

Of course the worst stickers I dealt with was from my prize Shelter Regulus, where the sticker sheet was cut twice in two slightly different places and therefore none of the stickers were the right size or shape for the bey. Wound up not putting any on it because of the miscut sticker sheet, though fortunately Shelter Regulus looks mostly fine without them.

Really though, tiny stickers require a bit of precision but can be done with a little skill and practice, though having a way to reposition them is helpful as well. Minor bends aren't going to cause serious issues either. It's only really hard to access areas and large bends that really cause problems, or the rare occasion where a sticker is too close to a contact point and keeps getting hit.
I both love and hate the amount of hand-eye coordination with tweezers needed to put stickers on exactly where they need to be. Whether it’s on the layer or the driver (on my own stuff), if it’s off center, it bothers me. Imperial Dragon’s and Zwei Longinus’ annoying stickers are fresh in my mind. I also hate how stickers on the edges like the wings on Cho-Z Valkyrie will inevitably or Twin Nemesis will break apart over time.
(Feb. 27, 2020  7:28 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: Tiny stickers are not my issue at all, and otherwise most stickers are fine too. My issue is with stickers that are downright hellish to put on, such as the eyes of Bloody Longinus that have to wrap around and do a 180 and just generally is hard to line up right, and after doing this once decided never to put those stickers on again for the recolors. I also recall some of the stickers on the interior edge of Air Knight to be way too tricky to access with my fingers, and eventually just stuck it on the edge of a knife so I could slide the sticker back in there and then press it down with the flat of the blade. Same thing sorta happened on Lightning L-Drago with its plated stickers on the side.

Of course the worst stickers I dealt with was from my prize Shelter Regulus, where the sticker sheet was cut twice in two slightly different places and therefore none of the stickers were the right size or shape for the bey. Wound up not putting any on it because of the miscut sticker sheet, though fortunately Shelter Regulus looks mostly fine without them.

Really though, tiny stickers require a bit of precision but can be done with a little skill and practice, though having a way to reposition them is helpful as well. Minor bends aren't going to cause serious issues either. It's only really hard to access areas and large bends that really cause problems, or the rare occasion where a sticker is too close to a contact point and keeps getting hit.

I just gave up with Bloody Longinus's stickers, those are simply ridiculous. At least the bey looks okay without those. It's nice how most Burst beys don't need eye stickers since it's usually painted on, or a separate piece of coloured plastic.
(Feb. 27, 2020  7:58 AM)silly_snake Wrote:
(Feb. 27, 2020  7:28 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: Tiny stickers are not my issue at all, and otherwise most stickers are fine too. My issue is with stickers that are downright hellish to put on, such as the eyes of Bloody Longinus that have to wrap around and do a 180 and just generally is hard to line up right, and after doing this once decided never to put those stickers on again for the recolors. I also recall some of the stickers on the interior edge of Air Knight to be way too tricky to access with my fingers, and eventually just stuck it on the edge of a knife so I could slide the sticker back in there and then press it down with the flat of the blade. Same thing sorta happened on Lightning L-Drago with its plated stickers on the side.

I just gave up with Bloody Longinus's stickers, those are simply ridiculous. At least the bey looks okay without those. It's nice how most Burst beys don't need eye stickers since it's usually painted on, or a separate piece of coloured plastic.

As much as I dog on Hasbro, at least their beys don't need stickers!
(Feb. 27, 2020  3:20 PM)Elreed Wrote:
(Feb. 27, 2020  7:58 AM)silly_snake Wrote: I just gave up with Bloody Longinus's stickers, those are simply ridiculous. At least the bey looks okay without those. It's nice how most Burst beys don't need eye stickers since it's usually painted on, or a separate piece of coloured plastic.

As much as I dog on Hasbro, at least their beys don't need stickers!

😭😭 ya I agree
Quick question,
Can anyone post a link of the Goku weight discussion thread?
I want to learn some information regarding it
(Feb. 27, 2020  7:36 AM)BreakerDS Wrote: I both love and hate the amount of hand-eye coordination with tweezers needed to put stickers on exactly where they need to be.  Whether it’s on the layer or the driver (on my own stuff), if it’s off center, it bothers me.  Imperial Dragon’s and Zwei Longinus’ annoying stickers are fresh in my mind.  I also hate how stickers on the edges like the wings on Cho-Z Valkyrie will inevitably or Twin Nemesis will break apart over time.

Zwei Longinus’s stickers were fine, but Archer Hercules was a NIGHTMARE. We have coated the stickers with clear nail polish, yet they still peel off.

(Feb. 28, 2020  1:53 PM)ReekoBlader Wrote: Quick question,
Can anyone post a link of the Goku weight discussion thread?
I want to learn some information regarding it

https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Takara-...light=Goku
Hmmph... I was expecting it to contain more information regarding its performance compared to other weights.. it doesn’t really talk about much... just like, 2 or 3 combo tests...

Has there been a draft for Goku yet?
whats with beyblade and using "whip" so much in special moves....
(Feb. 28, 2020  11:32 PM)snoc Wrote: whats with beyblade and using "whip" so much in special moves....

Imperial Nae Nae

Maybe that's why TT likes using whip...
(Feb. 29, 2020  6:45 PM)peek Wrote:
(Feb. 28, 2020  11:32 PM)snoc Wrote: whats with beyblade and using "whip" so much in special moves....

Imperial Nae Nae

Maybe that's why TT likes using whip...

The English dub is using whip in place of slash for special move names.
So I just got Imperial Dragon 15 minutes ago. And I turned on the Ignition driver for a couple of battles and it just stop working so do I have to put new batteries or what.
Hey I need some help...

Is there any good defense drivers or forge discs you guys can recommend?
(Mar. 01, 2020  4:00 AM)Sabbath_ Wrote: Hey I need some help...

Hi! Welcome to WBO!

You should ask this in the Build Me A Combo thread. Or Beyblade Random thoughts. This doesn't need its own thread in Burst Customizations. I will be moving this for you.
(Mar. 01, 2020  4:00 AM)Sabbath_ Wrote: Hey I need some help...

Sadly Defense in Burst sorta doesn't exist in a pure form anymore. Usually it's hybridized into Stamina or used as some sort of counter part. For instance, Keep/Keep' could be used on Orb Egis as a counter to a Perfect Phoenix combo, but it's still a mostly Stamina-based build aside from the use of Keep/Keep'.

In general though, the heavier the disk is the more KO defense you have, but the easier it is to burst you without something to aid you. Of course heavier layers reduce that risk drastically too as do ' drivers, so these heavy weights are pretty manageable nowadays.
Can you repeat layer weights in a deck? Or does the "no using the same part in another combo" rule come into play?