Beyblade Random Thoughts

(May. 12, 2017  1:19 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(May. 12, 2017  1:17 AM)Kai-V Wrote: I would unfortunately ban whoever would ban you hah.

It's just that, I feel like nearly spamming the Latest Posts section with wiki drafts might be annoying to some people.

As much as I hate to be 'that guy', I would prefer if you would wait a while longer before writing some of the drafts, to be honest. A lot of the parts you've been writing drafts for lately are either very new (Tornado Wyvern, Loop, and Flugel, for example) or lack information about their performance from testing/tournaments/even informal observations (Unlock Unicorn and Quarter, for example), or both. And it seems that what's filling in the spaces for this missing information is speculation about performance that may or may not actually be correct (the thing about K2 and A2 bursting more when they're at an angle for example, as far as I know no one's ever observed that).

Don't get me wrong, I totally appreciate your enthusiasm and how much work you've put into writing drafts recently, and the real problem here isn't the drafts, it's just the general state of the community with regards to testing since the beginnings of Burst, as well as the inconsistencies a bunch of different people have had with the various Attack Layers that makes any sort of testing that does happen tough to standardize. It's just that I would refrain from posting drafts about parts the community as a whole knows little about. That's why in turn, you hardly ever get feedback on the drafts - since no one really knows about the part in detail, and there are no other posts confirming or denying the content of the draft, they can't comment on the information because they don't know whether it's correct or not.

Semi-related issue (Click to View)
Now that I've got more time on my hands, I'll be able to to weigh in on some of the parts I know about, but I'm still only one person, and my experiences with a certain part don't represent everyone else's.
The thing about K2 bursting more when off kilter, it's something that's actually been observed in a test.

About a year ago I asked Blader Zyeyo to test K2.K.W and K2.K.U (tested against V.H.X) as I wanted to see how well those drivers would work for defense. K2.K.U performed well, however, K2.K.W lost every round by Burst even though the lower friction of Weight should have increased Burst resistance.

He noted that using Weight made the combo very easy to knock off balance and that it would Burst in battle when like that.

But everything else I pretty much agree with. Half the time I make these drafts is to see if they would motivate people to test like scientific peer review. ("Hmm, I wonder about that, let me test it myself")

Tornado Wyvern was made to document ongoing tests right now (I even said that before the actual draft). Loop was based on all the videos I could find (BBG purposefully launching at an angle for a best case scenario for the gimmick, how solo spin tests showed how Loop effects LAD as well as what I've been told on the old Q&A thread).

U2 was based off of Beyblade Galaxy's videos with U2.K.Y, parts that bolster Burst resistance, even against Layers with mediocre attack (N2 and H2) it still Burst quite often.

Flugel and Quarter were complete shots in the dark though, mostly based off of the few videos there are and (for Flugel) what we know about DF145.
On the contrary, I think writing drafts 'early' (not that early at all, since these releases are a month old at least and should really have seen tests posted above them already) means that they will naturally be stopped by revisors before getting approved, and should hopefully force people who own those parts to realise that it is about time they should have posted some sort of official observations by now.

There is an overall longer delay in caring about community knowledge at all in the last year or so. Nobody really provides test results anymore, even though you do not always have to conduct twenty battles for a given duo if the results are super clear. And even observations are not posted anymore either, unless provoked.
Is the Meteo Frame just a black Star Frame?
(May. 12, 2017  1:03 PM)SUGOI-KONICHEWA Wrote: Is the Meteo Frame just a black Star Frame?

Hm you should probably have posted that question directly in the Alta Kronos topic, but it definitely looks like it.
(May. 12, 2017  1:06 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(May. 12, 2017  1:03 PM)SUGOI-KONICHEWA Wrote: Is the Meteo Frame just a black Star Frame?

Hm you should probably have posted that question directly in the Alta Kronos topic, but it definitely looks like it.

It won't let me post in the topic for some reason
Hm? What error message do you get?
(May. 12, 2017  12:35 PM)Kai-V Wrote: On the contrary, I think writing drafts 'early' (not that early at all, since these releases are a month old at least and should really have seen tests posted above them already) means that they will naturally be stopped by revisors before getting approved, and should hopefully force people who own those parts to realise that it is about time they should have posted some sort of official observations by now.

There is an overall longer delay in caring about community knowledge at all in the last year or so. Nobody really provides test results anymore, even though you do not always have to conduct twenty battles for a given duo if the results are super clear. And even observations are not posted anymore either, unless provoked.

Agreed with this. Furthermore, I think some information on an article is better than the article not existing at all, so I honestly have no objections to articles being written about any release, including ones that are unreleased and we don't know competitively about yet (e.g Killer Deathscyther, Legend Spriggan).
Getting articles up quickly is great, since there's plenty of information that doesn't rely on performance data that can be put into the article, but I don't think any information on part performance should be approved without testing and some level of consensus. Beywiki's researched and reviewed articles were what made it so much better than Beyblade Wikia's often inaccurate information for learning how parts actually behave - the merger was supposed to combine Wikia's more extensive info with Beywiki's review process for part info to combine the best of the two sites. If an article is ready to go in all regards except for inadequate testing, just don't put anything at all for parts with unknown performance rather than guessing or making assumptions. Simply remove the performance / combo suggestion sections empty or make a note of how they haven't been tested yet instead of spreading potentially incorrect info. When people look at an "official" source like the wiki and see something there, it tends to perpetuate itself regardless of whether it's true or not; we need to be careful not to mislead people by making rushed assumptions about parts before we get a chance to verify those claims.
(May. 12, 2017  7:22 PM)Cake Wrote: Getting articles up quickly is great, since there's plenty of information that doesn't rely on performance data that can be put into the article, but I don't think any information on part performance should be approved without testing and some level of consensus. Beywiki's researched and reviewed articles were what made it so much better than Beyblade Wikia's often inaccurate information for learning how parts actually behave - the merger was supposed to combine Wikia's more extensive info with Beywiki's review process for part info to combine the best of the two sites. If an article is ready to go in all regards except for inadequate testing, just don't put anything at all for parts with unknown performance rather than guessing or making assumptions. Simply remove the performance / combo suggestion sections empty or make a note of how they haven't been tested yet instead of spreading potentially incorrect info. When people look at an "official" source like the wiki and see something there, it tends to perpetuate itself regardless of whether it's true or not; we need to be careful not to mislead people by making rushed assumptions about parts before we get a chance to verify those claims.

The approval process is no different: if information about a part's performance seems very unfounded, then of course we will ask for the draft to be changed. But hopefully the 'testing' side of the community, those who own the parts and could help the community know how they perform, feel pressured by these drafts. They are those who can also revise drafts, not just ~Mana~ and I.
Why is the Spriggan named Spryzen in US? A Spriggan to my knowledge is a plant/nature based elemental, while the Spryzen depicts a firey Demon thing. What creature is it actually supposed to be representing?
(May. 12, 2017  7:37 PM)LetItDrip Wrote: Why is the Spriggan named Spryzen in US? A Spriggan to my knowledge is a plant/nature based elemental, while the Spryzen depicts a firey Demon thing. What creature is it actually supposed to be representing?

It is obviously supposed to represent the Spriggan, as that is what the original name is and what TAKARA-TOMY based their design on.
I feel like a big part of the lack of testing with Burst might be because of what Hasbro did. Before you could just wait and you'll be able to get the parts for testing (most of the time) from local stores. But now that's not the case and since the articles as Takara Tomy based, importing Beyblades is much more of a hassle.
(May. 12, 2017  7:42 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: I feel like a big part of the lack of testing with Burst might be because of what Hasbro did. Before you could just wait and you'll be able to get the parts for testing (most of the time) from local stores. But now that's not the case and since the articles as Takara Tomy based, importing Beyblades is much more of a hassle.

I highly doubt it. In the MFB era there was never a problem of getting testing relatively soon after the beyblade was released by takara.
(May. 12, 2017  1:33 PM)~Mana~ Wrote:
(May. 12, 2017  12:35 PM)Kai-V Wrote: On the contrary, I think writing drafts 'early' (not that early at all, since these releases are a month old at least and should really have seen tests posted above them already) means that they will naturally be stopped by revisors before getting approved, and should hopefully force people who own those parts to realise that it is about time they should have posted some sort of official observations by now.

Agreed with this. Furthermore, I think some information on an article is better than the article not existing at all, so I honestly have no objections to articles being written about any release, including ones that are unreleased and we don't know competitively about yet (e.g Killer Deathscyther, Legend Spriggan).

I agree with ~Mana~. I think we should atleast have a article covering basic information till we discovered other things about it. Like how to obtain it, little bitbon how it perform and colours and stuff. I remember when TT anounced Beyblade Burst, I was really excited, but I didn't knew what gimmick of it is and what's new. I tried googling for long and didn't find anything about it at all. I came to know 'exact' gimmick of burst from a YT video after 3 weeks. I think we should atleast keep 1 article to cover all basic info and work on it later to avoid it happening again.

Tbh thing we do wrong is, once a aricle gets' approved, we forget it. We should rather keep working on old, aprroved drafts and improve article as we discover more

Edit:- Also. I think we shouldn't make note on performance​ sololy based on testing. There are chances it may be due to human mistake/error, stadium condition, dust in air (well, if you battle in Mumbai tournament, you will notice it's very hard to get flower pattern, sometimes tips do get dirtyfast, and rubber tips sometimes OS plastic), or it can me little, or completely made up (no offence, not pointing at anyone). We should also look there performance at tournament and take option based on what majority and trusted members are saying it to be
(May. 12, 2017  7:54 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote:
(May. 12, 2017  1:33 PM)~Mana~ Wrote: Agreed with this. Furthermore, I think some information on an article is better than the article not existing at all, so I honestly have no objections to articles being written about any release, including ones that are unreleased and we don't know competitively about yet (e.g Killer Deathscyther, Legend Spriggan).

I agree with ~Mana~. I think we should atleast have a article covering basic information till we discovered other things about it. Like how to obtain it, little bitbon how it perform and colours and stuff. I remember when TT anounced Beyblade Burst, I was really excited, but I didn't knew what gimmick of it is and what's new. I tried googling for long and didn't find anything about it at all. I came to know 'exact' gimmick of burst from a YT video after 3 weeks. I think we should atleast keep 1 article to cover all basic info and work on it later to avoid it happening again.

Tbh thing we do wrong is, once a aricle gets' approved, we forget it. We should rather keep working on old, aprroved drafts and improve article as we discover more

Is there a process for updating articles? Like if something gets outclassed when something new is released or gets banned?
(May. 12, 2017  7:47 PM)Ultra Wrote:
(May. 12, 2017  7:42 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: I feel like a big part of the lack of testing with Burst might be because of what Hasbro did. Before you could just wait and you'll be able to get the parts for testing (most of the time) from local stores. But now that's not the case and since the articles as Takara Tomy based, importing Beyblades is much more of a hassle.

I highly doubt it. In the MFB era there was never a problem of getting testing relatively soon after the beyblade was released by takara.

And importing is actually much less of a hassle now. I also doubt that people are buying more Hasbro than they are TAKARA-TOMY. 

Even then, Hasbro's parts are completely different on many levels, therefore even that testing is required.
(May. 12, 2017  7:55 PM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(May. 12, 2017  7:54 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: I agree with ~Mana~. I think we should atleast have a article covering basic information till we discovered other things about it. Like how to obtain it, little bitbon how it perform and colours and stuff. I remember when TT anounced Beyblade Burst, I was really excited, but I didn't knew what gimmick of it is and what's new. I tried googling for long and didn't find anything about it at all. I came to know 'exact' gimmick of burst from a YT video after 3 weeks. I think we should atleast keep 1 article to cover all basic info and work on it later to avoid it happening again.

Is there a process for updating articles? Like if something gets outclassed when something new is released or gets banned?

I was referring to discussing about new information in draft thread itself, which mostly going to be in Approved Drafts sub-fourm. We haven't did that before, but I think it can help to improve aricles quality, quite a bit.

BTW can't we just treat Hasbro parts, as new parts? Rather then testing them as testing same part again?
(May. 12, 2017  7:38 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(May. 12, 2017  7:37 PM)LetItDrip Wrote: Why is the Spriggan named Spryzen in US? A Spriggan to my knowledge is a plant/nature based elemental, while the Spryzen depicts a firey Demon thing. What creature is it actually supposed to be representing?

It is obviously supposed to represent the Spriggan, as that is what the original name is and what TAKARA-TOMY based their design on.

I thought its avatar was based on the Oni, and just called Spriggan for the Versus pun?
(May. 12, 2017  8:05 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: BTW can't we just treat Hasbro parts, as new parts? Rather then testing them as testing same part again?

Of course, but it is important for the wiki description to have a comparison between both versions.
What is the best
Attack combo
Defense combo
Stamina combo
Balance combo
(May. 13, 2017  5:40 PM)Zakflame110 Wrote: What is the best
Attack combo
Defense combo
Stamina combo
Balance combo

There is no best combo, It depends on the situation.
Some notables are:
Attack: Xcalibur/Valkyrie Force/Heavy Xtreme/Accel/Zephyr
(Hasbro) - Xcalius/Valtryek/Roktavor Force/Heavy Variable/Xtreme/Zephyr

Defense: Kaizer Kerbeus/Wyvern/Neptune Heavy/Spread/Gravity/Down/Knuckle Yeilding/Accel/Defense/Revolve
(Hasbro) - Kerbeus/Ygdreion Knuckle/Heavy/Gravity/Down/Knuckle Revolve/Defense/Zephyr

Stamina: Dark Deathsyther (same discs as above) Revolve/Orbit
Hasbro is same, except Roktavor R2 can be added?
(May. 13, 2017  6:04 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote: There is no best combo, It depends on the situation.
Some notables are:

Defense: Kaizer Kerbeus/Wyvern/Neptune Heavy/Spread/Gravity/Down/Knuckle Yeilding/Accel/Defense/Revolve
(Hasbro) - Kerbeus/Ygdreion Knuckle/Heavy/Gravity/Down/Knuckle Revolve/Defense/Zephyr

You spelled the Hasbro name of Yggdrasil wrong, it is spelt Yegdrion.
(May. 13, 2017  7:07 PM)BeyCrafter Wrote:
(May. 13, 2017  6:04 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote: There is no best combo, It depends on the situation.
Some notables are:

You spelled the Hasbro name of Yggdrasil wrong, it is spelt Yegdrion.

Whoops. Hasbro names always puzzle me. BTW, is it Nepstrius or Nepistrius?