Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Jul. 25, 2014  2:16 AM)Leone19 Wrote:
(Jul. 25, 2014  2:02 AM)Tʀɪ Wrote: I don't either. Honestly going into high school last year I figured I'd be ridiculed for my hobbies like pokemon and beyblade but litte did I know everyone was more accepting than I imagined, especially compared to Junior High where everyone was a carp lol. Now that my friend has the mentality of "i dont give a care" I am hoping he actually begins competitively.

Same. In Middle School, I wouldn't dare mention Beyblade, but now in High School, everyone is pretty cool with it. My teachers know about it, more of my friends have gotten into it, and a few people who I know but aren't too friendly with even asked me about it/what's good or not to buy.

What really helped was going to AN, after people at school heard about that, they flipped. After showing them some of the videos I was in of it, they really got it into perspective that it wasn't just a kid's game.

See, for me it's the exact opposite. I was actually the second best person in the Beyblade club in my middle school, but now that I'm in high school I don't mention it to anyone.

If anyone somehow found out that I had gone traveled 4 hours just for a Beyblade tournament, they would make fun of me for wasting my money on tops or for traveling out of state to play with said tops. Then again, I am in someone's tournament video on Youtube, so if any of them found it, I'd be the biggest joke at my school.
(Jul. 25, 2014  2:35 AM)Wombat Wrote:
(Jul. 25, 2014  2:16 AM)Leone19 Wrote:
(Jul. 25, 2014  2:02 AM)Tʀɪ Wrote: I don't either. Honestly going into high school last year I figured I'd be ridiculed for my hobbies like pokemon and beyblade but litte did I know everyone was more accepting than I imagined, especially compared to Junior High where everyone was a carp lol. Now that my friend has the mentality of "i dont give a care" I am hoping he actually begins competitively.

Same. In Middle School, I wouldn't dare mention Beyblade, but now in High School, everyone is pretty cool with it. My teachers know about it, more of my friends have gotten into it, and a few people who I know but aren't too friendly with even asked me about it/what's good or not to buy.

What really helped was going to AN, after people at school heard about that, they flipped. After showing them some of the videos I was in of it, they really got it into perspective that it wasn't just a kid's game.

See, for me it's the exact opposite. I was actually the second best person in the Beyblade club in my middle school, but now that I'm in high school I don't mention it to anyone.

If anyone somehow found out that I had gone traveled 4 hours just for a Beyblade tournament, they would make fun of me for wasting my money on tops or for traveling out of state to play with said tops. Then again, I am in someone's tournament video on Youtube, so if any of them found it, I'd be the biggest joke at my school.

It's your interest and only you're entitled to it.
If you play with tops, that's great.
Because I'm sure none of the jocks will play football or any other sport competitively. They're wasting their time. Don't let those little craps get to you.
Got it bud? Smile
At my university no one makes fun of me, many know i play the game ..
They can't even dare to say that i'm wasting my money, they waste it on drugs or on some other illegal stuff hah !
Neo you are fairly active. Anyway....
I concur, ones hobbies and interests are for their own amusement. If anyone actually gives you lip for liking a specific hobby, then they are probably shallow and not worth the effort anyway.
Yeah, what Wombat said.
Also, being a female adds a whole different aspect to it. For guys, it was cool to play Beyblade before people started outgrowing it; for girls, it was never cool and is even less so the older you get because no 18 year old female is going to openly admit that they would rather save up to go shopping for spinning tops than clothes.
I have the exact same problem as Wombat. It gets really frustrating at times though.

Like the secret of me playing Beyblade is completely hidden, and so I'm a complete different person when it doesn't come to Beyblade (Many Toronto bladers know this).
Why can't we all just go to one school and then we'll all be happy Unhappy
World Beyblade Organization University. Then no one would hide anything! The locks would be beyblades and the water fountains would spray out blader spirit.
Can I be the President of the Obsessive Compulsive Buyers Club? :3

Anywho; kinda off topic.

But we can dream.
Hmm, maybe there can be a section where a mod can upload lessons, and people can learn Beyblade! Rather a bunch of confusing terms and posts, there can be somone to explain everything!

Probably not the best place to post this ...
I'm the same as Wombat and The Surpreme One. I could never ever tell anyone I still play Beyblade. The reason: They are 6 year olds who play Beyblade in my area and I'm nearly double there age. So other teenagers see me as a kid and I'd get bullied.

The Surpreme One: My sister sorta has the same problem. I think that's why she quit.
See, I just don't care. If you don't like me how I am, so be it. I've told 3 people to suck it up and deal or "gtfo" if they don't like it (prior to this, they told me I was a synonym for dumb for playing Beyblade) and they were dumbfounded. "WHAT?! THIS GUY WHO PLAYS BEYBLADE AND ABOUT 50,000 NERDY AND NOT NERDY THINGS JUST STEPPED UP TO ME?!"

Like, I'm not frail or easily belittled. So my friends are okay with it, a lot of my school is okay with it, and I'm okay with it.
I've been working on a way to figure out smash, and here's what I really want to show- Click to see---> (Click to View)
EDIT: I forgot to mention where I got the image from. It's included now.
(Jul. 26, 2014  4:14 AM)ƒ¡$h Wrote:
I've been working on a way to figure out smash, and here's what I really want to show- Click to see---> (Click to View)

The edges of Garuda, namely the ridged ones seem like they'd produce smash as well.
(Jul. 25, 2014  3:03 AM)Neo Wrote: It's your interest and only you're entitled to it.
If you play with tops, that's great.
Because I'm sure none of the jocks will play football or any other sport competitively. They're wasting their time. Don't let those little craps get to you.
Got it bud? Smile

The thing is, I am one of the jocks, haha. I'm (American) football captain this year, and maybe for lacrosse too. That's why it would be so much worse for me if they found out.

(Jul. 26, 2014  4:14 AM)ƒ¡$h Wrote:

Could you like flip the image on top of itself and estimate the smash Garudas Garudas might have? It might cover up the contact points, so that's why I'm asking. It also looks a bit like Bregirados, which had pretty good smash on its own but wasn't to great Synchromed with itself.
I'm the captain of the basketball team, so it's a million times worse if they found out I played Beyblade. Can't even imagine the responses I would get :p

Begirados ^2 was not that bad, I believe Yuko had a Bey that utilized them synchromesh and it wasn't bad! Thanks for the image fi$h!
(Jul. 26, 2014  5:10 AM)LMAO Wrote: I'm the captain of the basketball team, so it's a million times worse if they found out I played Beyblade. Can't even imagine the responses I would get :p

Begirados ^2 was not that bad, I believe Yuko had a Bey that utilized them synchromesh and it wasn't bad! Thanks for the image fi$h!

You play Basketball? OMG I'll give you a Trypio and call you Eddy.
(Jul. 26, 2014  5:07 AM)Wombat Wrote: Could you like flip the image on top of itself and estimate the smash Garudas Garudas might have? It might cover up the contact points, so that's why I'm asking. It also looks a bit like Bregirados, which had pretty good smash on its own but wasn't to great Synchromed with itself.

Since we know that when a wheel is flipped, it becomes mirrored, making Garudas^2 a circle.
What I mean is when the lumps (?) are shifted xº (I think anti-clockwise? Let's assume it is for this matter) from the hole (or pin) when x is not a multiple of 90, the attack points don't line up perfectly in synchrom unless the other wheel has lumps shifted xº clockwise.
Or to put it in simpler words: The two wheels in the synchrom must be mirror images from a top view (if you want a perfect fit, okay? Smile)
Originally, Girago would've been the perfect wheel, but TT must have realised the OPness so they rounded it.

Begirados^2 Well I guess it just didn't line up perfectly within ±1%. Tongue_out

And about the whole "beyblade is for babies!!!!!" thing that all bullies scream:

I say NO, most definitely not. Beyblade has proven by many scientific studies (not really lol) to require fine motor skills, such as hand stability and muscle contraction speed. Therefore, Beyblade is a highly skill-involved sport that I doubt many could do.

EDIT: What Kujikato said about flipping and rotating and all of that fun stuff. That's right
TBH, I'd classify Beyblades into the more intelligence based games, the likes of TCGs and Chess.

Launching is about the only physical aspect. Everything else is mental, lol (combos, counters, launch styles, patterns, tactics, etc.).

I was on the bench for my Basketball team, came off it for scoring and defense, along with heading the second unit (freshman + age problems, lol). I also start occasionally for the football team as a defender.

Beyblades =/= A nerd's game
Beyblades = An awesome game

EDIT: Oh, and on the Synchrom thing, you have to mirror flip it, then rotate 180 IIRC.
Idk, it's a lot easier to be good at beyblade than to be good at Yugioh or Pokemon. I think that's why there is more of a younger audience for Beyblade, it just requires the pulling of a cord, at the end of the day.

Then we have this site and everything you thought you knew is out the window. Dark Befowl 230S or something isn't the amazing supreme combo you thought it was.
I used to think the best Bey was Dark Aries ED145S Pinching_eyes_2
Ah, Metal Fusion days..
(Jul. 26, 2014  10:34 AM)Neo Wrote: I used to think the best Bey was Dark Aries ED145S Pinching_eyes_2
Ah, Metal Fusion days..

For me it was rock leone .. 4 years back
I remember ruining my Lightning a LDrago.
I played with it outside.
The thing's tip is like an Oval shaped Hole Quake.
Lightning has a ton of Dents and marks, scratches. LDrago's heads are bashed the hell in.
It's insane.
Also, my Rock Leone has a "Jog Giga Flat" modified (via road) Wide Ball tip.
My Flame STGO (First MFB) is covered in braces wax... Pinching_eyes_2
(Jul. 26, 2014  11:56 AM)Neo Wrote: I remember ruining my Lightning a LDrago.
I played with it outside.
The thing's tip is like an Oval shaped Hole Quake.
Lightning has a ton of Dents and marks, scratches. LDrago's heads are bashed the hell in.
It's insane.
Also, my Rock Leone has a "Jog Giga Flat" modified (via road) Wide Ball tip.
My Flame STGO (First MFB) is covered in braces wax... Pinching_eyes_2

My LLD is too haha.