Beyblade Random Thoughts

You tell me but I don't know what a stock beyblade is or what the sentence means!
A stock beyblade is referring to a beyblade straight from the package that is uncustomized.
(Mar. 31, 2014  10:19 PM)Ray Sagittario Wrote: You tell me but I don't know what a stock beyblade is or what the sentence means!

An uncustomized beyblade.
Happy April Fool's Day everyone! BBG's video is definitely one of the better pranks I've seen so far. To be honest, I'm a little disappointed that the Barbie Beywarriors aren't real.
https://www.facebook.com/OMGBBG/posts/635214959891962:0
LOLOLOLOLOLLOOLOLOLOLOLLLLOLOLLLOLLOLL i <3 BBG vids XD

I hope PVP makes some new vids for April Fools day too.
It's nearly April 2nd here and I slept in til like 3pm today so I missed out on most of the fun - I also forgot about April Fools until I woke up so I didn't end up doing anything this year, even online (I played around with a couple of ideas related to this site but in the end I didn't come up with anything worth the hassle). Still, I get to watch a lot of the rest of the world do stuff throughout the day so that's nice I guess.

Anyway, and on an actually-topic-relevant-note, didn't Hasbro actually have something along the lines of a girl's toy that used ripcords relatively early in MFB? I vaguely remember us discussing the idea of using the ripcords if they fit but it ended up going nowhere.
Just saw the Limited v2.0 thread. The new ban list is quite foolish, if you catch my drift.

Actually, after doing some special testing, I love this new format! Thank you so much committee!
Why are you taking about April fools day on here this isn't three right forum for that this ones for discussing beyblade!
(Apr. 01, 2014  6:57 PM)Ray Sagittario Wrote: Why are you taking about April fools day on here this isn't three right forum for that this ones for discussing beyblade!

The only April's Fools mentioned are Beyblade-related, so yes, they belong here ...
(Apr. 01, 2014  6:57 PM)Ray Sagittario Wrote: Why are you taking about April fools day on here this isn't three right forum for that this ones for discussing beyblade!

Dude chill... The video was a beyblade related video and if you look at the OP of the normal random thoughts, you can't discuss that there.
I know I realized that right after I sent the comment.
(Apr. 03, 2014  2:08 PM)th!nk Wrote: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsb...ml?image=2

10/10 research effort by the telegraph.

Please tell me their joking.

Anyways, more fakes seem to be popping up on amazon. Look at this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00D3CNZMC...L500_SS115 , the red and blue CWed blade's faces look pretty cool. Tis a bear. Orso still looks cooler though (LIMITED 2.0 REFERENCE!!!) ;3
(Apr. 03, 2014  2:08 PM)th!nk Wrote: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsb...ml?image=2

10/10 research effort by the telegraph.

yep Driger was always my fav of the draciels.

10/10 would not pass up.
Note how on the next page, they have MFB listed as Hasbro Beyblade 2003

THE FAIL HAS BEEN DOUBLED
Puppy bit beast ftw.

Gotta say, I hate that color on a driger (we all know its metal draciel)
What gets me is that given I've never seen that image before (and as it's one of the worst fakes I've seen I would think I would remember it if I had) I don't know how it could have happened that this was the picture they found for Beyblade. It boggles the mind.

And yeah 2003 was a great year for Metal Fight Beyblade's Hybrid Wheel System. Though I do have to say I didn't notice any other toy on that list manage to win two years in a row - plastics were kind of a big deal. Of course that only makes their inability to get a correct picture all the more ridiculous.
I have no idea if this has been answered before (lazy to search bar), and I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this: but would banning Duo, Dragooon, and Girago next would help balance the meta or change the meta in general?
(Apr. 04, 2014  8:56 PM)Vixxterity Wrote: I have no idea if this has been answered before (lazy to search bar), and I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this: but would banning Duo, Dragooon, and Girago next would help balance the meta or change the meta in general?

Girago isn't really a problem, though.
(Apr. 04, 2014  8:56 PM)Vixxterity Wrote: I have no idea if this has been answered before (lazy to search bar), and I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this: but would banning Duo, Dragooon, and Girago next would help balance the meta or change the meta in general?
Banning Duo and Dragooon would significantly change the typical meta, but I don't think it would necessarily balance it. Banning those two wheels would be a little unnecessary. As for Girago, I don't believe anyone has ever expressed a concern about it overpowering the game :p
It certainly would change the meta - but not for the better. Dragooon is overused, sure, but not so much that it's game-breaking. By booting Dragooon, you basically wreck any possible left-spin element in the game, which will not do good things for Stamina, which, IMO, has always been on somewhat shaky ground sue to the fact that EVERYTHING Syncrom is kinda aggro. Booting Duo makes this worse - you are forced to go with either recoily Phantom or Genbull, and Genbull is only really effective on F230, further constricting the meta.

EDIT: The larger problem is, with Duo, Dragooon, and Girago out of the way, there's very little that could beat Genbull Genbull E230MB except for maybe Balro Attack, which, due to the semi-defensive nature of the combo, would be a little risky. Then you would see combos used only because they beat Genbull E230, like OTHER Genbull 230 combos, and then you have a Winning Combos listing with all Genbull.
(Apr. 04, 2014  9:13 PM)Cake Wrote: It certainly would change the meta - but not for the better. Dragooon is overused, sure, but not so much that it's game-breaking. By booting Dragooon, you basically wreck any possible left-spin element in the game, which will not do good things for Stamina, which, IMO, has always been on somewhat shaky ground sue to the fact that EVERYTHING Syncrom is kinda aggro. Booting Duo makes this worse - you are forced to go with either recoily Phantom or Genbull, and Genbull is only really effective on F230, further constricting the meta.

EDIT: The larger problem is, with Duo, Dragooon, and Girago out of the way, there's very little that could beat Genbull Genbull E230MB except for maybe Balro Attack, which, due to the semi-defensive nature of the combo, would be a little risky. Then you would see combos used only because they beat Genbull E230, like OTHER Genbull 230 combos, and then you have a Winning Combos listing with all Genbull.

Ah I see, but wouldn't you go for the next spin-equalizer option to beat E230 MB, like Meteo, Gravity, or L-Drago Destructor?

EDIT: And yea, I can see your point of the lack of a reliable defense and stamina options. Pinching_eyes_2
Not enough mass - E230 would destabilize the lighter combos once they ran low on stamina, and if you are a spin stealer that is lighter than your opponent, you need to make more contact in order to win, which E230 would make difficult, since it would tend to slide out of the way. Adding the fact that LDD/LDG is somewhat imbalacned/wobbly anyways, and you would have some serious problems.

Also, the older leftys aren't a great tournament pick because of Synchrome Attack completely trashing them.
(Apr. 04, 2014  11:02 PM)Cake Wrote: Not enough mass - E230 would destabilize the lighter combos once they ran low on stamina, and if you are a spin stealer that is lighter than your opponent, you need to make more contact in order to win, which E230 would make difficult, since it would tend to slide out of the way. Adding the fact that LDD/LDG is somewhat imbalacned/wobbly anyways, and you would have some serious problems.

Also, the older leftys aren't a great tournament pick because of Synchrome Attack completely trashing them.

Yea but isn't Meteo already making contact with the E230 disk anyways? Plus MB does not have good precision to last the extra rotations towards the end of the equalizing. Since I only have one Genbull, I did some informal testing of MLD CH120 WD vs. Reviser Genbull E230 MB on the BB-10 and Meteo was taking it down no problem.

But you're right on one thing, the older leftys would get KO'd easy by any Synchrom attacker.

Anyways I do see the point of keeping Duo and Dragooon (and Girago Tongue_out my bad). I asked this random "what if" question, because I do miss the days where Attacks was the crux of the meta (pre-Maximum series and banning of Pre-HWS Libra).
The analogy I'm seeing here is that Duo is the Earth wheel that the meta still needs, and that's why it's staying. Dragooon is just opening other options.

(inb4 ppl tell me, just go limited. lol)
Guess what?

Today is my beyblade 2 year anniversary! 2 years from today I got my first beyblade Smile