Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Jul. 05, 2012  4:39 AM)Clonetos Wrote: Random thought: Am I the only one who ever gave a carp about susanoo since the bey itself is so poory underrated...

Not really. Susanoo/Susanow (wasn't entirely sure which one is correct) is one of my favorite clear wheels asethetically. I'm not confident as to why it was glossed over, since the lunar eclipse version was released outside of the DS game. The game is not all that entertaining, which was always my excuse for why it fell into obscurity.

I've heard that Bakushin was doing pretty well in the Hasbro metagame at one point, though.
Adding on to that combo I was working on, I found D125 to work better than CH120. S130 doesn't seem to be that consistent, though.
The Bolt Blast stadium by Hasbro isn't that bad. Actually, it's probably my favorite stadium by Hasbro.

I bought it today at an off-the-map-Walmart I ran in to on my way to my cabin. It wasn't a bad price, so I thought why not. Most people would probably think that like other Hasbro stadiums, the gimmick of the swirls just wrecks the battle, but they actually make it quite exciting to watch. Attack types go crazy, and defense types do some hard hits.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend this stadium for competitive situations, as beys that would normally lose sometime get a lucky smash (which, by the way, is awesome), but it is a lot of fun if you're just sitting around with friends.
If we do find a way to incorporate the Zero-G stadium, then I can only imagine how much technique would be needed for younger kids to be able to launch decently in the stadium without self KO from the swaying...

I actually still haven't gotten used to launching in it, so imagine how hard it'll be for them...
(Jul. 06, 2012  3:32 AM)Tech Wrote: If we do find a way to incorporate the Zero-G stadium, then I can only imagine how much technique would be needed for younger kids to be able to launch decently in the stadium without self KO from the swaying...

I actually still haven't gotten used to launching in it, so imagine how hard it'll be for them...

There are plenty of 'fun' ways to launch. The biggest issue is not to hit the stadium while launching, in my opinion. This, and making sure that the stadium is stabilised before another round or battle is done, will probably be regulated in the upcoming Zero-G format.

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Project-...Techniques
I guess so, yes. But it might take a while for the younger kids to get used to actually using those launch techniques.
So people post in my topic damn it, hah.
At least you're talking about a generation most people care about. Plastics Parts Discussion has basically become another th!nkblargh, haha.

For what it's worth, it is a very interesting topic though.
Burn is a very nice-looking MW. Other than the underside, it's really smooth all over.
(Jul. 05, 2012  12:53 AM)Crab Commando Wrote: I was playing around with my newer Bey parts this morning, trying to make a destabilizer/anti-230 combo, which I used against 230DS Stamina combos (is DS a good substitute for D on 230? My D's really worn). I used Phantom (Stamina) Cancer 230DS through most of the experimenting.

I noticed how Scythe can kinda overhang Tracks, keeping Scythe fairly low. I also decided to start off using low Tracks, as I still was figuring how I should have the combo contact the Stamina combo I tested it against. For a choice of tip, I used JB because of it's aggression, ability to tilt, and mediocre stamina. I started using Kronos as a Clear Wheel, but changed it to Quetzalcoatl when I learned the combo should hit the underside of the Metal Wheel of the opposing combo, and since Quetz has a good shape for "Clear Wheel-Attacking" and is projected from the flat Scythe, I figured it would work better.

As I remember, this is what combos I tried (Again, all against Phantom Cancer 230DS).
Scythe (Free-Spin) Kronos 90JB: Mostly failed. Cancer's 230 absorbed most of the blows because of the choice of height for Scythe.
Scythe (Free-Spin) Kronos 105JB: A slight improvement, but still couldn't hit the underside of Phantom.
Scythe (Free-Spin) Kronos CH120(120 mode)JB: A tad high (We need a 110/115!), but JB can do some slight tilting, so this problem is mostly solved by that. Mostly grinded near the lower part of Phantom, and didn't always hit the underside until both Beys started tilting, IIRC. This one worked pretty well.
Scythe (Free-Spin) Quetzalcoatl CH120JB: Like the one above, mostly. The Quetzalcoatl Clear Wheel was really helpful, though for "attacking" the underside of Phantom.

Now, for some quick notes:
I used JB instead of MB for tilting because I also needed the aggression to get up to Phantom faster.
I put Scythe on "Free-Spin Mode" to absorb any slight blows made by Phantom, and because of the fear of getting slight recoil from Scythe's PC Frame on the mode where the Frame stays put.

Alright then, that's pretty much all I have to say about the combo at the moment, haha. Crab out!

(Jul. 05, 2012  3:23 PM)Crab Commando Wrote: Adding on to that combo I was working on, I found D125 to work better than CH120. S130 doesn't seem to be that consistent, though.

These are absolutely wonderful posts, and yet everyone is overlooking them! This kind of stuff should be encouraged!

DS isn't a very good replacement for D on 230, actually. While the shape is right, it doesn't pick itself up very well, which is what D is supposed to do in the first place. Personally, I typically use DS more like a S tip that has some actual balance (which is to say that I use it to abuse its ability to tilt but not completely fail like the S series), but not on tall tracks.

Onto the combo/tests themselves: I like what you're trying to do, and I especially like your use of Quetz for clear wheel attacking. One thing that you mentioned is that CH120JB was too tall and 105JB was too short (and repeated my exact complaint that there is no 110 or 115, hah!). I know you wanted JB for its traits, but it is kind of short. I did some quick measurements of it and other tips to try to find a solution:

Heights of Parts:
JB: 8.7 mm (Equivalent of 87 height)
MB: 10.9 mm (Equivalent of 109 height)

Heights of Combos with JB:
105JB: 192
CH120JB: 207

So, we need to find stuff in between 192 and 207. Here's what I came up with:
85MB: 194
90MB: 199

100MB is taller than CH120JB, actually. So, you might try those two track/tip combos. It won't move exactly the same as JB, but as much as I hate to say it (because I always want to encourage JB testing), you might need the height of MB for this to work, and it's the only thing that will get you these heights due to 110/115 not existing.

As for the clear wheel, you might also try Crown if you have it. I personally prefer it for clear wheel attacking, but it's hard to get and not so much better than Quetz that I'm only curious if you already have it (if you don't, don't worry about getting it at all, lol).
Hey Ingulit, have you tried the MF-H LDD/LDG BD145 XF tests yet... weak launching really works on this combo.

Even if it is BD145 XF (which is like the worst possible Beyblade Set-Up)
(Jul. 06, 2012  8:27 PM)Mu Wrote: Hey Ingulit, have you tried the MF-H LDD/LDG BD145 XF tests yet... weak launching really works on this combo.

Even if it is BD145 XF (which is like the worst possible Beyblade Set-Up)

Yeah, actually, and weak launching really did work! I also tried BD145GCF, and the results were pretty similar and surprisingly good! I'll post more once I can get some official testing done (my Beylauncher is in the mail, should arrive tomorrow or Monday).
Ingulit: Which did better for spin equalizing, BD145 XF or BD145 GCF ?
(Jul. 06, 2012  8:41 PM)Mu Wrote: Ingulit: Which did better for spin equalizing, BD145 XF or BD145 GCF ?

They were roughly equal, but because I didn't have my Beylauncher I couldn't conduct really official testing (good god the other launchers are horrible). I liked GCF a lot because of the extra weight, though I'm not sure if that weight is really well distributed or not.
But in your opinion, which lasted slightly longer...(even if it was a second) ? I know that they are roughly equal, but which is slightly better ?
I would expect GCF to be harder to KO due to the circle scraping when the bey takes a heavy hit. If they are equal in terms of spin stealing then I would favour GCF for that reason.
I would agree with you on that point, Draco, if it wasn't normal mode BD145 we were talking about. If any scraping occurs, it's on the part of BD145's spokes rather than GCF's gear.

Mu, again, I wasn't able to do official tests since I don't have a beylauncher, so I can't honestly say for sure which was better. My informal testing really did prove them to be basically exactly equal as far as number of rotations is concerned.
I would have thought tip scraping would occur first but I have no real knowledge of GCF's workings so you know best.
MF-H LDD/LDG BD145 XF works better when compared to MF-H LDD/LDG BD145 GCF, because it doesn't scrape as much... BD145's spokes plus GCF's gears really causes a great amount of stamina loss (which defeats the overall purpose of the combo.)
(Jul. 06, 2012  8:18 PM)Ingulit Wrote:
Giant Quote (Click to View)
These are really great observations, Ingulit! Thank you! Smile
I'll try out 90MB tonight and see how it works (I lack an 85). As for Crown, I just have Quetz. So I'll try out Scythe Quetz 90MB against some 230 Stamina combos. My D, as I said earlier though, is worn, so the performance of it will be kinda weird, but I'll see how Quetz holds up to it, anyway.
I like using Gravity Perseus WD145RS. It get's 20/20 against Phantom Cancer AD145WD. Joyful_3
(Jul. 06, 2012  11:47 PM)Mu Wrote: MF-H LDD/LDG BD145 XF works better when compared to MF-H LDD/LDG BD145 GCF, because it doesn't scrape as much... BD145's spokes plus GCF's gears really causes a great amount of stamina loss (which defeats the overall purpose of the combo.)

I don't know what you guys are doing to make BD145XF not scrape, but every time I've used it, even in that exact combo, the beyblade has rolled out of the stadium on its side, basically.

My random thought: I'm working hard on the stuff I wanted done before plastics remembrance day. It's not so much a matter of coming up with what to write, but a matter of trying to get it all down into relevant documents before I forget/find another random chain of thought that needs to be written down/get bored, try to push on, and end up needing to take a break for a day.
Between that and how daunting some parts of the task are (especially my ever growing "things I have to test to make sure I'm correct" list as well as the whole "writing about every part in plastics ever" thing), it's actually physically tiring at times. Maybe I should've got the full 7-9 hours sleep instead of getting up after 6 hours (albeit still at mid-day), haha. Or maybe I should've checked out when Plastics Remembrance Day was when I set myself that deadline and therefore started work much earlier with less on my plate. Oh well.
Update on experimenting:
Scythe (Free Spin) Quetz 90MB(slightly worn) vs. Phantom Cancer 230D(D has some wear)

Note: I'm using a D with some wear instead of DS in the Phantom combo now. The new Scythe combo works really well at Clear Wheel attacking. Main flaw of the combo is that it actually starts hitting Phantom's Track when tilting a lot. My perception could have been off figuring on some of the JB combos figuring out where they need to hit, so I'll check out 100MB to see if it will work as well?

Observations: As mentioned before, this combo works really well at CW Attacking. It tends to grind the underside of Phantom and the upper part of the Track and makes Phantom wobble after some grinding. Unfortunately, the wobbling from Phantom lets it be able to murder Quetz often in battle. Quetz CAN still win, but not all the time against Phantom, unfortunately. Several battles have also been extremely close calls

I'll try using Quetz against some 230 Defense combos later and see how that goes.
>do Bakushin testing for article
>write results down on notebook
>too hard to type on mobile without errors
>planning to bring to starbucks today and type it all up
>forget notebook at home
:I
What I do remember though is that it does better than Earth at Stamina, and against lighter defense customs (such as MF Earth Bull GB145WB) it showed some signs of upper attack, but not every time it hit. Earth would go flying up and out of the stadium. The stamina testing was something like this-

BB-10
Beylauncher L/R (No Handle)
1st 10 rounds Bakushin launched first
2nd 10 rounds Earth launched first
WD's switched every round

Bakushin Bull AD145WD vs. Earth Bull AD145WD (Both WD's mint)
And Bakushin got like 65 or 70% most of them OS, one or two were KO, can't remember exactly.
Didn't test for Defense, as it obviously has more recoil than Earth, and I'd take less stamina over defense in a defense combo. Earth will and has done better in my overall experience with general defense combos. I also tested it against RS, and it was destroyed. Vulcan is a better choice for attack, definitely. Bakushin got around 5-10% while Vulcan got at least a 25%. Bakushin would've been a competitive part pre-Maximum Series, but alas, it's too late now. Sad that no one ever really used it. Unhappy I really like it too.

I'd post this up in the article, but yeah, don't have exact testing on it with me.
(Jul. 07, 2012  6:53 AM)th!nk Wrote:
(Jul. 06, 2012  11:47 PM)Mu Wrote: MF-H LDD/LDG BD145 XF works better when compared to MF-H LDD/LDG BD145 GCF, because it doesn't scrape as much... BD145's spokes plus GCF's gears really causes a great amount of stamina loss (which defeats the overall purpose of the combo.)

I don't know what you guys are doing to make BD145XF not scrape, but every time I've used it, even in that exact combo, the beyblade has rolled out of the stadium on its side, basically.

Th!nk, though BD145 XF does scrape a lot, when the combo MF-H LDD/LDG BD145 XF is weak launched, BD145 XF holds an upright position similar to MF-H LDD/LDG BD145 RDF and can successfully spin equalize and outspin its opponent...