Beyblade Random Thoughts

Well that's a pretty important thing to mention, if you're weak launching. Weak launching, hell, now I understand why it isn't turning into a Beywheel and rolling out. We thought you were doing a standard launch.
@Raigeko: I only standard launch BD145 XF on parts that I hate and want to get rid of (i.e. Poison)

Poison Gil BD145 XF... the whole entire Beyblade had split into uneven halfs...xD

(Jul. 07, 2012  3:55 PM)Mu Wrote: @Raigeko: I only standard launch BD145 XF on parts that I hate and want to get rid of (i.e. Poison)

Poison Gil BD145 XF... the whole entire Beyblade had split into uneven halfs...xD
I read that and i frowned a bit I mean dude you'd use that combo JUST to get rid of parts? hey your beys not mine but me I think you should keep your beys crappy or not

Yeah but two of the spokes from BD145 broke off already, Gil had a pretty big crack, and one of the blades of posion had broke off. XF was worn.
I just always keep my broken parts separate, lol. I've broken like an HF, ES, H145 (who hasn't?) and like 2 T125's.
Well, I just like breaking my already broken parts down even more...
(Jul. 07, 2012  4:30 PM)Mu Wrote: Yeah but two of the spokes from BD145 broke off already, Gil had a pretty big crack, and one of the blades of posion had broke off. XF was worn.
i feel sheepish...I assumed you were talking about parts that weren't broken up and still of use...
No, any parts I like breaking down are parts that have already been broken (i.e. a 14 "bladed" Poison.)

Clonetos: Hey, don't feel sheepish.
(Jul. 07, 2012  4:35 PM)Raigeko13 Wrote: I've broken ... H145 (who hasn't?)...

I hasn't. Serious

Anyways, MF Meteo L-Drago SW145/ED145/TR145LF is an unmerciful killer in the BBG-04. Usually if it doesn't knock out the opposing Defense or Stamina combo it faces, Meteo severely destabilizes it and barely wins by out-spin.
LF?
wat
I haven't tried that yet. Confused I might need to do that!
I find it very disrespectful when new bladers who've never officially battled INSIST that they're "The Best Blader In The World!" For a while I didn't give it too much thought but since's we've had 7 tournaments this year in Michigan and have a firm foundation with our rankings. It's the Masamune syndrome, first its cute but then it gets real annoying especially when they constantly state it and are unwilling to either travel to or host a tournament. Then a new kid, who battles with Galaxy Pegasus and Twisted Tempo at their school, insist that they're better than all of us. I've found it more and more completely obnoxious. That's like me saying I'm the best Marathon runner in the world, because I've never run one. If you've never officially competed you're nothing more than a newb that's it. That's my rant I'm out lol.
Tripple Roller seems cool here on the grounds that its wheels making contact with the stadium should have very little effect on the stamina of the bey while still increasing its ability to control the stadium's swaying in a similar way to if the bey was really scraping.
A couple observations: The Flat portion of CF is actually the exact same size as the HF portion of HF/S, not WF. Also, ED145 and SW145 will scrape in the BBG-04 on shorter Bottoms such as SD and XF (ED145 not as badly, though), so I'd really like to try TR145 in there...
(Jul. 07, 2012  6:04 PM)Coach Wrote:
Kid complaints (Click to View)

Kids will be kids, best to let them brag and then beat them at their own game. They'll go crying and running home faster than you can say "Takara Tomy".

Seriously though, who cares.
(Jul. 07, 2012  7:50 PM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote: A couple observations: The Flat portion of CF is actually the exact same size as the HF portion of HF/S, not WF.

The "HF" on HF/S is actually a WF, I think. I have one and it moves as fast as my WF.
That's a lot of F on F action you've got going on there.
(Jul. 08, 2012  4:00 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: That's a lot of F on F action you've got going on there.

....Tired....

I can't hardly tell a difference on the three, I can't see up close very well, though.
I FINALLY GOT MY NEW BEYLAUNCHER...

AND IT BROKE WITHIN THREE LAUNCHES D:

Thankfully I've taken apart the other two I've owned, so I know what's inside a Beylauncher and how they work. I was able to find the offending piece (a gear on the main gear train was very, very loose) and replaced it with one from one of my older Beylaunchers, and now it's good as new (er, mint condition? It's still new, heh)! I didn't modify the launcher at all, I just replaced a piece with an identical piece from another launcher, which as far as I know is legal (though, please, if this makes my launcher illegal I'd love to know).

Anyway, I've started testing again, and I'm going back to my Zero-G parts for inspiration. I do want to emphasize that I only test in BB-10s, not Zero-G stadiums, so even though I'm using Zero-G parts, I'm not testing in a swaying stadium.

Now that I have both, I think I can safely say I like GCF better than CF. GCF has much more stability since its tip is so much wider; CF has a habit of falling over really quickly and scraping. I'm sure I'll find use for CF; I think tall tracks might be a good place to look, as WF (which is roughly the same width as CF's tip; I know HF/S is more accurate, but still) has, historically, been shown to work well with taller Beyblades. We'll see!

Now that I've been testing them a lot, so far the best use for CF and GCF are, in my opinion, best used on weak-launched left-spin spin equalizers (again, in BB-10s). Both tips offer incredible life-after-death to Beyblades who otherwise just straight-up stop spinning when they fall over, and both have difficulty handling full-power launches without scraping. I especially like GCF for this, as even though its life-after-death is marginally (read: very, very slightly) worse than CF's due to the gear shape, its XF-size tip helps a bey it's on stay upright for considerably longer than CF.

I tried some weak launch tests on left spin beys using BD145CF and BD145GCF to see how well they worked. CF, well, didn't; it falls over and causes BD145 to scrape much, much sooner than GCF. I was having some actual success with GCF, actually; of the left-spin beys I tested, I think my favorite was MF-H Gravity Perseus (Stamina Ver.) BD145GCF. It's really, really heavy for a Gravity custom, and it was consistently defeating anything I threw at it other than Death Pegasus II AD145WD. The extra weight and the Stamina Version of Perseus really helped Gravity keep its recoil under control, which kept it in the arena much longer than other spin-equalizing Gravity customs I've tried. As an aside, I don't know what it is about that Death custom, but so far I haven't made a single spin equalizer that can OS it.

I'm now looking at E230 and its now-legal boost mode, and I think I've actually come across a custom using E230 that actually has some amazing stamina (like, it's beating top-tier stamina customs). I'm going to keep testing this particular idea for awhile before I post about it, as I want to make absolutely sure I'm doing these tests correctly before I toss this idea out there. If it ends up being a bust, I'll post that too, but for now I want to chip away at it for awhile.

In the meantime that I've not had a Beylauncher, I've been working on several articles that I'm getting peer-reviewed before I release them to make sure they are fully correct. Keep an eye out for those!

EDIT: Also, I'm updating my blog again now that I can actually do testing for those of you awesome people who follow me that might have been wondering what's been going on. I promise I'm back, hah!
I just saw this quote on FB that said:

"OBSESSED is a word the lazy use to describe the DEDICATED."

That is definitely how I feel. My friends are always like "Oh, your so obsessed with Beyblade," or "Haha, is there a tournament this weekend?" I really don't care, but I'm always like "Are you really going to judge me for having a hobby I'm dedicated to?"

They never respond. Smile
Ingulit: Don't worry, that's totally legal, haha :3

It's nice to have you back Smile
Damn dude, after 3 launches?! Gasp World Record there I think, haha! I've discovered the weakness to E230's Boost Mode, it was quite obvious when I thought about it! It's MF MLD 85XF. I tried some other attack wheels (Vari, LDD, need to try Flash with an RF on it) but they just weren't cutting it! I originally came up with it while thinking something along the lines of "Hmm, how can I KO three circular disks elevated off of the ground- wait a second. (Cue 85) IT WORKS!" don't go for it at where they would expect you to, but where they'd never see it coming. GCF is quite good for spin stealing. Take a look at the size of it and XF; they're identical, which is great when you look at the famous MF MLD CH120XF. I prefer GCF over XF now most of the time for spin stealing. Seriously wanting to buy LDD so I can see if it works on 85XF/RF too. Would you try that out if you can? I also want Final Survive to see if it's competitive in Zero-G. Both GCF and CF do offer some type of LAD, just not sure how to put it into words. All I've observed is that it slows them down when they begin to scrape, which CAN give you the opportunity to possibly steal more spin, but that late in the battle, I just don't think it will cut it, once you're down, you're down. But I can see how it can offer LAD in a way.
Raigeko, that seems quite intersting. I think that anything between 85-100 scrapes a bit easily though (when attacking)... so a better replacement would probably be anything in the 105 range. The only problem is, if the Bey gets too high, it E230's boost mode will "absorb" and withstand all of its attacks.

I personally was thinking a gold old destabilizer might just do the trick... something that has enough attack and stamina to make the opposing bey scrape... and then outspin it.

Ingulit: Try to see if a weak launched MF-H LDD/LDG BD145 XF can consistently defeat Death Pegasus II AD145 WD. XF does slightly more stamina than both CF and GCF.
(Jul. 10, 2012  4:48 PM)Mu Wrote: I think that anything between 85-100 scrapes a bit easily though (when attacking)... so a better replacement would probably be anything in the 105 range. The only problem is, if the Bey gets too high, it E230's boost mode will "absorb" and withstand all of its attacks.

Maybe that's why Rai picked 85 for it. It seems to work. I'm gonna be trying to buy 85 soon, so I can test his claim soon enough...