Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Jun. 01, 2012  7:10 AM)Janstarblast Wrote: Well, just to see if it affects its performance or not, I put it in the MagneStadium (with Magnets around the center).
And as Dracomageat suggested earlier, the effect was negligible. Smile

It's not an attack type and it's not all that magnetic so the only real effect would be a minor decrease in stamina, likely counterbalanced by the fact that magnets seem to make the core of the E series tips run smoother for whatever reason.
It is unlikely to have a major effect on how KOable the bey is since the magnets will pull it outwards when it starts leaving the center and back in after it passes them, more or less cancelling out. It may, however, make it slightly easier to KO with opposing spin beys since the movement of the tip is reduced and that normally weakens the effect of glancing blows from oposite spin attackers. If it's not actually sitting on a magnet though, I doubt that'd be even the least bit noticeable.

(Jun. 01, 2012  7:10 AM)Janstarblast Wrote: Also speaking of the WD which comes with a Hasbro Gravity Destroyer- Mine doesn't seem to have those six reinforcements inside it, as yours seems to have Draco.
Instead, my Basalt Horogium's WD has had six protrusions within the tip, which I believe, are the reinforcements you are talking about. Smile

Curious, I was led to believe that was the case for all Hasbro starter Destroyers.
If u live in the hartford Ct area plz PM me i will try to host a tourny i knoe 3 ppl that will b coming for sure
This is not the right place for such posts, start a topic in the WBO general part of the events section.
(Jun. 01, 2012  11:38 AM)Dracomageat Wrote:
(Jun. 01, 2012  7:10 AM)Janstarblast Wrote: Also speaking of the WD which comes with a Hasbro Gravity Destroyer- Mine doesn't seem to have those six reinforcements inside it, as yours seems to have Draco.
Instead, my Basalt Horogium's WD has had six protrusions within the tip, which I believe, are the reinforcements you are talking about. Smile

Curious, I was led to believe that was the case for all Hasbro starter Destroyers.

Neither my Basalt nor either of my Gravity Destoyers have any additional plastic. The same goes for all my other WDs. Very odd... Mold differences? I know that they are all real, since they have the proper logos and such on the packaging, which wasn't disturbed.
(Jun. 01, 2012  2:56 PM)dude_31415 Wrote:

Neither my Basalt nor either of my Gravity Destoyers have any additional plastic. The same goes for all my other WDs. Very odd... Mold differences? I know that they are all real, since they have the proper logos and such on the packaging, which wasn't disturbed.
My Hasbro Basalt does not have these little bits in the tip. But from the two Flame Byxis I own, the starter does not have the spoke-things, yet the Star Breaker pack I own does.
My brother has a Gravity "Destroyer" from the Gravity vs. Inferno Byxis CH120RS, which has the spokes.
Also, just to randomly bring this up, that CH120 that came from the Inferno Byxis is nice and tight like the track should be, unlike my Dark "Gasher" CH120, which is very loose.
(Jun. 01, 2012  7:10 AM)Janstarblast Wrote: Well, just to see if it affects its performance or not, I put it in the MagneStadium (with Magnets around the center).
And as Dracomageat suggested earlier, the effect was negligible. Smile

It's not an attack type and it's not all that magnetic so the only real effect would be a minor decrease in stamina, likely counterbalanced by the fact that magnets seem to make the core of the E series tips run smoother for whatever reason.
It is unlikely to have a major effect on how KOable the bey is since the magnets will pull it outwards when it starts leaving the center and back in after it passes them, more or less cancelling out. It may, however, make it slightly easier to KO with opposing spin beys since the movement of the tip is reduced and that normally weakens the effect of glancing blows from oposite spin attackers. If it's not actually sitting on a magnet though, I doubt that'd be even the least bit noticeable.
Whoops! I actually meant that the magnets were at the center. Those six slots surrounding that single slot at the center... That's what I meant. Tongue_out
Probably didn't say it clearly in my previous post, but yeah!
The magnets do not affect it much!
Dracomageat Wrote:

Ah yes, those Mold Differences seem to be from a later attribution of the Wave 13(?) (I am bad at remembering the Wave numbers or whatever) stock...

As the person above me has reported having those spokes in his Flame Byxis WD, seems like almost all Hasbro beys that come with WD might have those Mold Variations.

Or maybe, there's a huge possibility that we misunderstood you, and are actually looking at something else, and not what you are trying to show us...
Yeah, I thought you meant the ones round the central slot. there's still an outward pull until the bey passes them and an inward pull after.
i wonder why Hasbro is making all of the 4D beys a piece of junk when they release them. any ideas, theories, suggestions would be liked and understood.
(Jun. 01, 2012  6:38 PM)jtharmon12 Wrote: i wonder why Hasbro is making all of the 4D beys a piece of junk when they release them. any ideas, theories, suggestions would be liked and understood.

I wonder why so many people are assuming they'll be junk without any testing, when in fact some could be improved, and why these same people don't realise what they're saying has been discussed, and some information on the reasons given, multiple times in the past.

Generally, I think the answer to both of my questions is "a mixture of ignorance and laziness."
Given the nature of the individuals often making those posts, I doubt they would be able to really grasp/comprehend whatever the realities are.

Yes, you could probably tell them, and on some level they would understand, but it is like telling a toddler that the store only has Raspberry candies instead of Strawberry - the child will continue their hissy fit regardless of the impossibility of getting what they want, slurring their words, making a scene, kicking the cashier, and screaming at everyone who doesn't outright walk away.
Kicking the cashier? Jeez, you've known some pretty bad toddlers.
I'm pretty sure since now that they're all 1 piece, MW's will be much harder to break (such as Big Bang, I've heard it has some breakage problems, and Blitz, ect) and hell, since they're more solid, they might be able to deliver a harder hit than their successors.
All in theory however.
(Jun. 01, 2012  6:47 PM)Hazel Wrote: "...but it is like telling a toddler that the store only has Raspberry candies instead of Strawberry - the child will continue their hissy fit regardless of the impossibility of getting what they want, slurring their words, making a scene, kicking the cashier, and screaming at everyone who doesn't outright walk away."

Ugh. I've seen kids at Wal-Mart try to grab three of the same one kind of Beyblade at once in sheer defiance of their parents. To this day I still need to keep a shield close by when visiting that section.
Hey, I got my EWD to stick on the magnet! It's one of those U shaped ones btw. However, the force was so weak I could shake it and it would fall.

I've mentioned those Hasbro WD's before, and it's very strange, actually. My bro has a Basalt(his second of 2) and I don't believe it has those spokes. My Flame Byxis's WD didn't have the spokes, but when I was in a Target I looked at another in a box that had the spokes. My worn-to-oblivion WD from GD(Inferno Byxis 2Pak) does have them as well. So whats going on here??
@Apply Without: luckily, shields are everpresent in toys sections.

cetus: As has been said, Hasbro did a remolding between two releases of one wave (or so it would appear) in which they decided to strengthen (in terms of durability, not gameplay) tips that didn't really need it (though, judging by mine's breakage, WB actually did).
(Jun. 01, 2012  6:40 PM)th!nk Wrote:
(Jun. 01, 2012  6:38 PM)jtharmon12 Wrote: i wonder why Hasbro is making all of the 4D beys a piece of junk when they release them. any ideas, theories, suggestions would be liked and understood.

I wonder why so many people are assuming they'll be junk without any testing, when in fact some could be improved, and why these same people don't realise what they're saying has been discussed, and some information on the reasons given, multiple times in the past.

Generally, I think the answer to both of my questions is "a mixture of ignorance and laziness."
As you said a few weeks ago, Beat looks fairly promising. PC Frame on Attack Mode turned into metal and fused to the wheel=A boost in weight to improve Attack potential.
But yeah, I'm at least gonna buy Metal Fury Lynx for 3 reasons:
1. Extra weight on MW for boost in Attack (hopefully).
2. Another AD145.
3. It's a Lynx.

I might end up buying Screw Fox, Screw Lyra, and Forbidden Eonis too so I don't have to get them from random boosters.

I really hope that Metal Fury knock-offs are good, with added weight, and it just being Hasbro, making it good would make Hasbro look better and add some more choices to what you can use in a battle: TT or Hasbro versions of something, like Destroy/Destructor or Big Bang/Cosmic. I hope that Cosmic is better than Big Bang, desprately.
They're not knockoffs, stop making up disassociations. Hasbro makes quality products like a lot of other legitimate toy companies. They have faults but see through to fix them. Stadiums are a sharp exception in this case, but still. Be careful with how you use words.

You know what, it doesn't help not having a lick of understanding despite what elite members and committee explained all over the place.
How do i tattoo a facebolt? I know it seems silly but if you can answer i be obliged
Use the Ask A Question Get An Answer thread.
(Jun. 02, 2012  6:42 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote: Use the Ask A Question Get An Answer thread.

I thought this was IT! >< AUGH feel like a moron. Anyway I never dealt with kids in the toy aisle where i live its pretty empty sometimes a kid will go in but other than that....nothing
(Jun. 02, 2012  2:01 AM)Apply Without Wrote: They're not knockoffs, stop making up disassociations. Hasbro makes quality products like a lot of other legitimate toy companies. They have faults but see through to fix them. Stadiums are a sharp exception in this case, but still. Be careful with how you use words.

You know what, it doesn't help not having a lick of understanding despite what elite members and committee explained all over the place.

I counldn't think of anything else to call them but knock-offs, because a knock-off is something that is taken from another person/company and remade into something better/worse, even if the knock-offs has it waaaaay better than the originals and it's company had better publicity and resources to other parts of the world, it is, indeed, a knock-off.

I do understand, very clearly about what the Committe and Advanced/Elite Members are explaining. That is why I didn't go Has-derp on this forum, like I did before I understood.

I may have a hard time understanding, and I may make lots of mistakes, I mean LOTS, and get warned and taken-in-the-corner-for-a-little-talked by Committe members and Elite Members, but that doesn't mean you people here should look down on people on here with some sharp pain in your gut and be dissatisfied by my posts or actions or whatever.

I'm getting back on topic:
At my house Beybalding is boring... noone to blade with. My beys are should be dusty by now.....
"Knock-offs" are very similar versions of a product made by a different company. Knock-offs are made because of legal loopholes, when the company doesn't need permission to make something that is almost the same as the original product.
Hasbro has a license to sell "official" Beyblades, therefore they are not knockoffs. For now, I'd just call them "different versions" of 4D Beyblades.
I'd call them Metal Fury or just "Fury Beyblades" since everything "4D" about 4D has been removed from them.
IMO they are not 4D in any way, though whether I am in favour of that or not remains to be seen.

In terms of changes, I'm looking forward to one piece Omega but severely disapointed by the lack of an Aries II wheel for Vari and, while the removal of 4D bottoms means more parts for customisation (yay!), they're not actually bothing to give us anything new (boo!).
At my Walmart the whole Beyblade section had no actual beyblades.There were only XTS,Tornado battlers and the IR spin control. Most of the section was replaced by Battle Strikers.