Beyblade Random Thoughts

Yeah, i dunno if the ar byu itself is good in stamina since its small and circle, or even legal. Mines takara pretty much 99% is.
why not talk about HMS, they are the best before MFB.
Because the metagame is limited to about 4 different combo's and while it's your opinion they are the most interesting beys, a lot of people disagree. I find plastics more interesting, for example. Plus, most users don't know anything about hms.

Sparkling attacker was tested back in the day and sucked.
(Nov. 05, 2011  12:34 PM)lovely Wrote: why not talk about HMS, they are the best before MFB.

We are not a television for you to freely change the topic of discussion on. If you have something interesting to say about HMS, then that might prompt a discussion, but simply whining about no one talking about it isn't going to do anything.

Sparkling Attacker was a neat idea. Terrible execution, though... probably one of the worst gimmick Beyblades.
Missing BEYBLADE METAL MASTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What do you mean by that?
(Nov. 05, 2011  12:49 PM)Poseidon Wrote: Is it legal to use it without the sub AR ?

Nope, I don't think so. Smile

'Poseido Wrote:Any AR that has some smash attaack hurts when you pick it up Uncertain

Yes, I agree to that. Eee
But, simply all HMS beys which had TOO much of metal hurt... It hurts to pick up Gaia Dragoon MS at times... Well, personally speaking, I am an HMS-lover. But, as th!nk said, most people don't know about it. Sadly, I belong to that population...
For me, my Gaia Dragoon MS was my soul... But when I came here, BOOM! Gaia Dragoon SUCKS!

Sometimes, it feels good if you do not have knowledge of certain things....
You are happy with EVERYTHING you have. Its because, its the best thing for you. But, as you learn that what you have is probably a trash-can, then you kinda lose interest in it... You want MORE! MORE! MORE! Thanks to the ever-changing meta-game, you can NEVER have a best bey. Grin
I miss the times when I just picked up any Random box and was happy to own it. Grin
Even if what I bought was a yucky Bump King.... Tongue_out
(Nov. 05, 2011  12:49 PM)Poseidon Wrote: Is it legal to use it [Sparkling Attacker] without the sub AR ?

Da Rules (4.0) Wrote:Attack Rings with Sub-Attack Rings (Plastic)
‣ You may not use an Attack Ring that has a slot for a Sub-AR without using a Sub-AR.
‣ You may use the Sub-AR from one AR with a different AR

So nope. If it's a conventional SAR slot you could sub something else in, but yeah.

... I can't find my Takara Trypio AR. Last time I had it it was on Trygle's SG (no base). You'd think it'd be hard to lose...

Also, noticed some rather interesting things in the rules and on the wiki for plastics, rules that have huge, weird loopholes and things that are about as legit as making your own AR, but are considered "legal" or at least mentioned in the wiki. Makes me think we need a plastics rulebook to sort through all the different things that could come into consideration, given the huge number of gimmicks and parts (the main reason it's my favourite generation is the huge variety).
Well, a rule book for plastics would not be quite different, IMO. There is hardly any difference of rules I can see, except for the Sub-AR thingy, and being able to use Left Spin ARs in Right Spin. Smile
Yes, we already have that in the extended rulebook, however there are things in the wiki like Draciel F's base with more than one pair of ball bearings, other than the one in the shaft. Adding any more is just throwing them in the gap in the weight disk, and by that logic I could do that with many bases for stupid weight.

Also, Wolborg 2's Shaft doesn't fit into burning kerberous' base without being forced through unnaturally. It has to deform its edges to fit, even if they return to the normal shape afterwards, there's no way it was intended. Plus, it's near impossible to remove it from the base without removing the tip of the shaft, even accidentally, which is illegal.

Then there's the Roller Defenser AR mod, which allows right SG beys to be spun in left spin, and is mentioned on the wiki, though the rules would classify this as illegal.

Other things: The tips of Dranzer S, Trypio, and numerous other beys are parts of the SG, thus it would be legal to use something like trypio's base with a normal sg (though I can't remember if that holds together right, and it would be horrid performance wise). The wiki states that dranzer S can only use its own SG, which is of course, not true by the rules (nor really neccessary, it's stamina mode is very average anyway). It would allow use of HMC in Dranzer S's base, useless as it is to do so (it heavily compromises it's raison d'être, that amazing life after death)

There are other examples that I think would be best clarified, if only for newcomers to the game, and to avoid arguments if someone shows up to a tourney with that funky roller defenser mod.

It's a shame so many people have left or simply don't remember where these rules came from... :\
[Image: worship.gif] ALL BOW BEFORE THE SUPER KNOWLEDGEABLE TH!NK!

You're brilliance is dazzling! Just how do you know SO MUCH!
Pah, I know what I know from reading, and spending ludicrous amounts of money on childrens spinning tops.

Oh, also finally figured out what the super-round, heavy weight disks I had from fake beys are copies of. The Bearing Gyros Weight Disk, which isn't legal for WBO play.

And for good reason too, those things basically make anything unstoppable unless they use one themselves ahah. They basically make the bey the plastics equivalent of a balanced basalt or whatever. They also wreck the hell out of launchers and such.

Also, the black bearing gyros bey <3 had a picture of here: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Some-Beywiki-Articles
Has Knight Driger as a bitchip, a black bearing gyros AR and the hilariously overpowered weight disk. It's basically the bey I wish I had as a child, ahah. Then I would have shown them... I would have been a GOD in the schoolyard...
I wonder if my uriel 2 base will last a tourney 0.o. I'm not using it until the tourney tho lol XD.
The WD looks alot like wide surivior to be honest; obviously ain't though.
Nah, it's super thick. I can find one of my fakes and take a better picture to show you, if you want?
The edges are almost a centimetre thick (well, width wise, not height), and perfectly round (not even the two bumps that wide survivor has), and it's heavier than 10 Heavy. It's also at least as wide as wide survivor, if not even wider.

As for uriel 2's base, you could make it through if you're lucky but I'd definitely bring a backup and not use it if you can't risk losing a battle due to the base exploding everywhere. Though, with some luck it could explode in your opponents face and blind them so if you face them in the finals they won't be able to see...

That said, if you can control it, you'll almost certainly win the battles you use it in if it's in the right combo, that thing hits like a tyrannosaurus in a psychotic rage.
Oh the one that i seem to have millions of, that one, the other were the fittings are really fragile (fake one) ?I think the fake came in other colors ?
I really need a Takara Wolborg XD
The Hasbro one is SOO easy to outspin, and another problem is that my Tiger Defenser AR is incredibly loose with the left SG casings, which makes the AR slip easily and crash-out every so often.
I actually need a lot of stuff to be successful in plastics Tongue_out
I'm gonna go make a new wishlist LOL
They came with a bunch of fake beys sold under various names, various designs, and various brands.
Some fakes had them painted and used a more fragile design, yes (I have black and white painted ones, the white one coming with small pieces of flint to spark), though the unpainted ones I have from some really terrible fakes (the designs were spot on, but they were just an AR, Base, and weight disk, and the AR screwed into the base on a single weak screw) are very sturdy, unlike the fakes themselves.
There may have been some more solid painted ones, who really knows with the huge variety of fakes.

I also still have a fake weight disk that looks like that except the sections that sit on the base are more like those of an 8 or 10-heavy (i.e. completely solid, other than two circular holes, as opposed to thin metal with large gaps like a 10-wide). The bey it came with was hilariously badly faked (and utterly terrible), but that weight disk was invincible, ahah.

@Coasters R Us, yeah, hasbro wolborg sucked. As for the loose AR's, with left SG's, normally the extra tabs that prevent the use of first-gen AR's help hold them in better. That said, I have one SG that I shaved those tabs off (hey, I was a kid, I make sure to not use it competitively), and it is very loose.

Heh, if only blu-tack was a legal part in small amounts, it'd make plastics a lot less expensive when parts inevitably become loose. As a kid, I used to have a pack of it just for beyblades, ahah. Saved my behind so many times, too.

Honestly, for plastics I personally think we should go easier on beys coming apart in battle, as for starters no one would really exploit that to their advantage anyway, and due to the age of the thing, it's not uncommon for something to be loose or a base clip to give way after many years of strain. I'd pester the committee about it if I wasn't sure it would be an exercise in futility to do so.

On tge subject of Plastics, I just got cheated out of a Zeus. Unhappy
brb, i r off to complain
Yeah lol, think it's that one.
HMS look really nice for collection lol.

(Nov. 05, 2011  4:41 PM)Coasters "R" Us Wrote: I really need a Takara Wolborg XD
The Hasbro one is SOO easy to outspin, and another problem is that my Tiger Defenser AR is incredibly loose with the left SG casings, which makes the AR slip easily and crash-out every so often.
I actually need a lot of stuff to be successful in plastics Tongue_out
I'm gonna go make a new wishlist LOL

Yeah i have that problem, i think that what it is, is that they made the SG slightly larger (hasbro)
The problem is well known: The shaft aint straight and the tips angle is all wrong.
(Nov. 05, 2011  4:51 PM)th!nk Wrote: The problem is well known: The shaft aint straight and the tips angle is all wrong.
I was talking about a problem with the left spin casings from my Dragoon F, not Hasbro's Wolborg SG Tongue_out
Im talking about plastics in general, some parts are loose when you use takara with hasbro, also isn't iot cause the tips plastic is softer.
Nope, Hasbro's bearing stinger tip was harder, if that's what you're thinking of? Wolborg 2's ruber tip may have differed in consistency between the two as well iirc.
The wolborg thing is on it's wiki article anyway, FWIW. It's more aggro due to being less pointed at the tip, and the shaft is mentioned somewhere as having straightness issues etc (probably a bigger issue than the tip).

@CRU: preeeeeetty sure you said "hasbro wolborg is so easy to outspin". The main part of this will be the fact it's hasbro, tbh.

I assume you're using wide defense/wide survivor in that combo, right? (Otherwise it's basically useless anyway).