Beyblade Random Thoughts

If anything, it'd be another year long hiatus until the next *insert metal* system is made.
(Oct. 19, 2011  12:43 AM)Codeine Extorts Wrote: If anything, it'd be another year long hiatus until the next *insert metal* system is made.

Hm, the previous hiatus was at least two-years long.
I wasn't here even when Pre-HWS was the "in" system. What was HMS like? Was there much dedication or anything to it like there has been with HWS?
(Oct. 19, 2011  12:53 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Oct. 19, 2011  12:43 AM)Codeine Extorts Wrote: If anything, it'd be another year long hiatus until the next *insert metal* system is made.

Hm, the previous hiatus was at least two-years long.

Thank you. Well.... I sure hope the hiatus, if there is one, only a year and not two. The Beyblade series are a true contender in the battle toy department.
However long it is and however soon it is, I really hope you will keep your word, because that is really cool, hah. Of course we would suffer a certain 'depression' of activity, but it would also bring us less newbies, so I am confident we can have an awesome time even then.
I have no intention of going anywhere any time soon, series end or otherwise - I still have more than a hundred Beys to collect, and I'm not really keeping up with current releases(in a purchase sense) anyway.

Moreover, the competitive portion of this metagame will likely continue to have new discoveries made within it for a long time. As time stretches on, people start trying more unorthodox things, often finding new uses for things previously thought silly.

Anyone who doesn't get my point, go check out Bistool. Maybe some day, Dark Wolf will be the new Bistool.

And then I'll run for King of Everywhere and win by landslide vote, ushering in an era of free pasta with every Oldsmobile.
Beyblades and Transformers are really the only toys I like, TBH.
I'm not going down, I'm standing my gro- I mean, I'm not going away anytime soon! My Beyspirit has been reignited for over a year now after it fell dormant for 4! Plus, I have the HMS and 4D series to collect, so I can sell all my beys and keep only Maximum series, random RB beys, all 4D x2 (one for use, other for collection) with extra of rubber parts and all HMS.
You know, I wonder how the face contest turned out, since it's been a month since the contest ended. How do you think you guys did, if you entered? I thought mine was pretty good, but I don't have the artistic skills, despite hand drawing. Plus, I don't have a quality set of colored pencils, so I used Paintbrush (Mac Paint) to color the bit protector, customize weight disk and attack ring. There were so many good entries too! How about you all?
Too many good entries even that the committee have troube time to select the best..XD
haha..Fogot's one looks very nice indeed..
(Oct. 19, 2011  1:05 AM)Kai-V Wrote: However long it is and however soon it is, I really hope you will keep your word, because that is really cool, hah. Of course we would suffer a certain 'depression' of activity, but it would also bring us less newbies, so I am confident we can have an awesome time even then.

Just remember that the US is significantly behind in the airing of episodes, so even if MFB were to end in Japan by year's end we (in the US at least) might still be able to enjoy increased membership for another year or more depending on how long the series takes to completely air here in the US. Of course they would by the necessity of self selection be uber noobs... so much for that wish! Smile

I also agree with Hazel's take on the metagame. With new beys coming out so frequently, it has taken a great deal of testing effort just to keep up with the more or less obvious new advances based on new parts - and most bladers haven't even done that. I too am convinced that there are many layers (if you will forgive the pun) of strategic use that have been widely missed just based on the pace of change.

On a much less serious note...
Perhaps with that extra time people will be able to perfect the otherwise unattainable super secret special launch techniques necessary to achieve the mythical 100% win rate for meteo XF vs basalt bd145...? Wink
Last time, Takara waited for the dubbed anime (around that time, at least) before announcing that Beyblade production was suspended. Hasbro still did not have time to release some HMS, but when Takara makes the decision to suspend Beyblade production, it is worldwide, not just in Japan, so they were probably considerate and waited for the popularity in Western countries to end as well.

Still, in terms of releases there would be nothing that new to discuss if TAKARA-TOMY were to end Metal Fight Beyblade and just wait for Hasbro to do so as well.
Fair enough. Perhaps at that point we give Akirasdaddy a huge bonus by allowing his "street fighter" mods to be used. LOL

In any event, I agree with your earlier sentiment that there will still be plenty to do. And if I have anything to say about it (in my neck of the woods anyway) there will still be plenty of tournaments as long as people still have blader spirit!
what with all the tourney in melbourne and sydney theirs one like veryday while the rest if the country dont get squat it just seem unfair for all the brisbane and south austrlia bladers
(Oct. 19, 2011  9:55 AM)njrk97 Wrote: what with all the tourney in melbourne and sydney theirs one like veryday while the rest if the country dont get squat it just seem unfair for all the brisbane and south austrlia bladers

Melbourne and Sydney have tournaments because people can be bothered to organize them. If you want a tournament, make it happen yourself.
Haha! Well, even I do not plan to go away early on!
Reasons-
I have to buy more beys.
I haven't attended a single tourney yet.
I love this site and all the members around here.
Hasbro is yet to release the beys.
The anime hasn't been dubbed yet.
Blah blah blah blah.....
Smile
(Oct. 19, 2011  5:41 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Last time, Takara waited for the dubbed anime (around that time, at least) before announcing that Beyblade production was suspended. Hasbro still did not have time to release some HMS, but when Takara makes the decision to suspend Beyblade production, it is worldwide, not just in Japan, so they were probably considerate and waited for the popularity in Western countries to end as well.

Still, in terms of releases there would be nothing that new to discuss if TAKARA-TOMY were to end Metal Fight Beyblade and just wait for Hasbro to do so as well.

I do have to wonder what effect Hasbro's Looney Tune Release Methods would have on this. If TT only waits until they theoretically produce the final wave, then the whole section of Hasbro Bladers would be shafted for another full year at least.
may be they are going to release a new sag. I saw this on TT blog. A draft of a new sag, yes? (judging on the eye)
https://my.takaratomy-business-service.c...0-1557.jpg
(Oct. 19, 2011  3:44 PM)Tyler Le Wrote: may be they are going to release a new sag. I saw this on TT blog. A draft of a new sag, yes? (judging on the eye)
https://my.takaratomy-business-service.c...0-1557.jpg

I am quite sure that was just one of the sketches that led to the Prototype Nemesis design.
I was just thinking someone should do a comparison of Bearing Core /Bearing Core 2 and BGrin's solo spin times. It wouldn't help the metagame in any way but it still would be good to see which part is better.
(Oct. 19, 2011  10:04 PM)sum 472 Wrote: I was just thinking someone should do a comparison of Bearing Core /Bearing Core 2 and BGrin's solo spin times. It wouldn't help the metagame in any way but it still would be good to see which part is better.

There are some varying factors that would make the comparison invalid though, like the probably high difference of weight between the series, how that weight is distributed along the Wheel or Attack Ring to provide Flywheel Effect, etc.
You can't really compare those parts accurate being as they are from different generations. You'd have to have identical parts to compare just the Bearing tips.
(Oct. 19, 2011  9:55 AM)njrk97 Wrote: what with all the tourney in melbourne and sydney theirs one like veryday while the rest if the country dont get squat it just seem unfair for all the brisbane and south austrlia bladers

I see you haven't bothered to host a tournament, so why are you so offended that no one else has? The reason they haven't is likely similar to the reason you haven't.

Want tourneys? Do it yourself.
(Oct. 19, 2011  10:22 PM)th!nk Wrote:

I see you haven't bothered to host a tournament, so why are you so offended that no one else has? The reason they haven't is likely similar to the reason you haven't.

Want tourneys? Do it yourself.

i dont have enough money to import a good stadium alos im nowhere near hte brisbane city it like a hour drive for me aswell
I've grown very tired with Beyblade, as evident by my lack of posts. I had fun while it lasted, but nostalgia only got me so far. There is no competitive scene in Texas, and I can't get one started. It makes me sad to leave and pursue other, more active hobbies, because Beyblade was such a part of my childhood but it seems I'm going to have to.

I'm debating selling my stuff, so I guess I'll start a topic in the morning. :\