Beyblade Random Thoughts

(May. 24, 2020  12:34 AM)Kenzotuber KZ Wrote: I am not talking about the wbo tournaments, but I think that something that would skyrocket beyblade into an absolute masterpiece, is PRIZE MONEY! And I don’t mean 2k$, I mean maybe around 500k$ for first place, 250k for second place in major championships etc... tournaments for all ages that would offer huge prize money and coverage each year would be AMAZING in my opinion! What do you guys think? Let me know in the replies!
For such a big proposal, you have such a small plan.

The WBO PayPal is down due to the fact that the WBO grew rapidly, so the funds were being submitted rapidly, and PayPal wanted to do a security check, and it’s still not up and running again. Plus, larger games like Super Smash Bros. hasn’t even come close to 500K, and they have sponsors! We’re fan/volunteer run with our PayPal down. Plus, there’s a pandemic so tournaments won’t be happening until July, and possibly further on.
(May. 24, 2020  1:03 AM)Kenzotuber KZ Wrote: CheetoBlader, I said, non WBO tournaments
Okay then, who’s paying for those? When will it be? Which stadium will be used? What’s the player cap? What will the entry fee? Where will it be? Who would run it?

If you can’t answer those questions, then it can’t happen.
I'm only saying that it would be sick! Hasbro or Takara could host those because they make so much money!
(May. 24, 2020  1:10 AM)Kenzotuber KZ Wrote: I'm only saying that it would be sick! Hasbro or Takara could host those because they make so much money!
No, they wouldn’t. 750K for prize money would require a LOT of players with a pretty high entry fee. I’ve seen some of your videos, and it seems like you don’t know too much about what you’re talking about.
Being a former esport player on 2 different professional teams on 2 different games through my life,  you need the sponsors and in order to get sponsors you need viewability.  Nowadays video games of all sorts can host tons of qualifiers online to establish a fan base with twitch. Then when views go up is when red bull, coke, Intel, Nintendo... etc swoop in.

Beyblades are currently just a hobby and a passion.  I doubt between wbba and wbo fanboys, we could get 1 million views on a broadcasted tournament.  Sure, I agree, if there was a structured playoff system with a "championship" it might gain a little more interest. Its all about how its marketed.  

The other thing is who would sponsor players, teams and events.  Its not electronic based which cuts out a ton of money.  So you are down to literally TT and hasbro . TT sponsors their own thing in Japan and Hasbro would probably only be interested in promoting their product..... so only hasbro format tournaments.  Now in other countries like Philippines, they have a local importer of toys that sponsors mall tournaments. And if you YouTube some of the videos for ban ke mall, there is 32 participants and MAYBE 50 occasional walk by watchers.  

The last thing is the reality of who plays beyblades. Heavy traveling would be restricted to adults with a passion.  Parents arent going to drag their kids around on road tournaments when they could do something like travel baseball which could yield a future.  If wbo were to make any move to increase the fanbase... I'd start with actually hiring a camera guy and producing a legit twitch stream of a tournament.  And then have regular broadcasting's of regional tournaments.  

After that,  need to market the forum.  If you type in beyblade tournaments on Google, WBO website doesn't even come up on first page. And then once people do find their way here.... people need to be a little more welcoming,  because honestly,  some people signing up might be kids.

Just my two cents.  500k prize? Absolutely absurd to think it would ever get close to that.  Buuuuuuuutttt,  could probably do a bit more than what it is.

Edited: One other "random thought", zankye... that kid would be key with his sub count to get the masses watching twitch or meeting at other events. So yea, he'd have to be apart of any growth. He also has distributor sponsors. Having him around to carry the message, sign autographs on beys and meeting fans would be clutch.

I have seen a lot of "CBTs" floating around what are they exactly?
(May. 24, 2020  6:51 PM)Flame-Byxis Wrote: I have seen a lot of "CBTs" floating around what are they exactly?

Custom BEYBLADE Tournaments. You enter a combo (or number if it’s a random one) and then if it’s valid, it’s entered into the tournament and you hope to win.
(May. 24, 2020  6:51 PM)Flame-Byxis Wrote: I have seen a lot of "CBTs" floating around what are they exactly?

CBT is an abbreviation for "Custom Beyblade Tournament". Basically what they are is an online tournament in which you submit a combo with the parts the user hosting it has, and the host does a tournament with those parts.
EDIT: Darn it, CheetoBlader beats me to it again. Two explanations are better than one I guess.
(May. 24, 2020  6:53 PM)#Fafnir Wrote:

CBT is an abbreviation for "Custom Beyblade Tournament". Basically what they are is an online tournament in which you submit a combo with the parts the user hosting it has, and the host does a tournament with those parts.
EDIT: Darn it, CheetoBlader beats me to it again. Two explanations are better than one I guess.
Haha me post fast. Lol
Are there any rules that need to be followed/ stadiums required to host one?
(May. 24, 2020  6:57 PM)Flame-Byxis Wrote: Are there any rules that need to be followed/ stadiums required to host one?
Nope. But they should be run with common sense.
(May. 24, 2020  6:57 PM)Flame-Byxis Wrote: Are there any rules that need to be followed/ stadiums required to host one?

There is one rule that I should point out.
You are only allowed one CBT thread for all of your CBT's.
Okay, Thanks #Fafnir and CheetoBlader for the information! I think I will host my own CBT.
When people call it bleybley or bleyblafe
(May. 25, 2020  12:17 AM)JavariTheChamp Wrote: When people call it bleybley or bleyblafe
They have probably never seen the actual spelling or they are not particularly interested in it and because of that they assume the pronunciation based on how vaguely they here the name of the game since “beyblade is not an actual word” it’s the same thing with Pokémon and Pokéman. This was me before I got into beyblade too.
I swear now whenever a bey gets knocked into the air it will always come back with no loss or even a counter attack in the anime
(May. 25, 2020  2:34 AM)Nitrogenic Wrote: I swear now whenever a bey gets knocked into the air it will always come back with no loss or even a counter attack in the anime

All the gotta do is call out for their bitbeast, and bam they recover.
Is it just me or does Mirage Fafnir look like an EXTREMELY cartoony badass version of Drain Fafnir?
[Image: s-l640.jpg]
[Image: 10651779.jpg]
(May. 26, 2020  3:34 AM)BeybladeManiac0 Wrote: Is it just me or does Mirage Fafnir look like an EXTREMELY cartoony badass version of Drain Fafnir?
[Image: s-l640.jpg]
[Image: 10651779.jpg]

your not alone I see alot of people say it look like wizard to which I can see but when I first saw it I was like this looks like drain fafnir who went to the beyblade uograde gym to beef up lol.
Does anyone know any good UNDERTALE-themed Burst combos? If possible, please put up images.
Haha funny skeleton
(May. 26, 2020  6:20 AM)BeybladeManiac0 Wrote: Does anyone know any good UNDERTALE-themed Burst combos? If possible, please put up images.

Moved to Beyblade Random Thoughts. Don't use the customizations forums for asking for combos... or memes.
(May. 26, 2020  1:31 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:
(May. 26, 2020  6:20 AM)BeybladeManiac0 Wrote: Does anyone know any good UNDERTALE-themed Burst combos? If possible, please put up images.

Moved to Beyblade Random Thoughts. Don't use the customizations forums for asking for combos... or memes.

Sorry. I didn't know. Also I was being serious, memes aside.
Is there anyway to stop people from buying fake blades, because whenever I try to warn about the risk and lead poising, they are always like. “It’s fine” and “I don’t care”. And they usually say this because they can’t afford the real deal and don’t want to buy the hasbro, which I understand why they would want to. I mean I get it, they might not be able to spend the money on blades, especially about what’s happening in the world, but still, I see them wanting to buy the flame super king blades. I saw a pic on Instagram with a flame curse satan, and people wanted to know where to buy it🤦🏾‍♂️