Beyblade Random Thoughts

Tbh battles that only last three seconds are way more boring than 5 minute stamina battles. At least with those there's a feeling of tension... super short battles just feel like they end prematurely, which is just annoying.
(Sep. 07, 2017  12:30 AM)TrainiacJ Wrote: Tbh battles that only last three seconds are way more boring than 5 minute stamina battles. At least with those there's a feeling of tension... super short battles just feel like they end prematurely, which is just annoying.

I think long battles are normally really boring when the outcome is obvious from the start or if it results in many draws, such as opposite spin stamina matches. Although I don't find right vs right stamina battles that boring, I can normally watch them just fine.
Both are frustrating in their own way, to be honest. Quick Double Burst Finishes aren't fun when they happen way too often, but stamina battles that take forever are no fun. You kinda just sit there and watch as you know the outcome most of the time. I just thin Burst Finishes have more excitement to them. I'd rather see a 100 DBFs that are quick than even 50 drawn out stamina battles.
I understand the aversion to Stamina battles to some degree if we're talking about match-ups where the outcome is obvious, but in their own way I think many Stamina battles are very interesting.

It's interesting to see how the balance/life after death proficiency of two combos and their parts can come into play during an opposite spin match-up, for example.

In same spin Stamina battles, it's interesting to see not only because of Burst Finishes that can more commonly happen, but for the match of strength it creates in tandem with the match between the balance of the two combos that have been crafted by each player; both go hand in hand. One of my most memorable battles was with @[1234beyblade] earlier this year where we both were using Deathscyther Revolve combos;  you might expect that there was a lot of Double Burst Finishes, but there was actually none because of how perfectly balanced our combos were. It was a sight to behold for people who appreciate that kind of thing in Burst. It reminded me of battles I witnessed in Japan where WARI-BEY members put such care into the crafting of their combos like DHD to make sure they were balanced well, which made them burst less often than they do when the parts are slapped together without any thought and are inevitably off balance.
(Aug. 21, 2017  11:19 PM)BeyCrafter Wrote:
(Aug. 21, 2017  11:01 PM)ClubAmador2012 Wrote: I'm just waiting for Hasbro to release MFB Beyblades again Unhappy

Yeah, not gonna happen.

Unhappy
edit: nvm found the appropriate thread
[quote pid='1392292' dateline='1504727588']
made Beyblade Burst great again.
[/quote]

lS is like Trump, Trump said this a while back: "we will make America great again!" here's what lS says: "i will make Beyblade Burst great again!" EDIT: dangit ruined the quote...
Two things regarding Hasbro.

1. More driver recolors. There are a lot of combos that are good but the colors do not look good together. For example, R.G.V is strong but it would look better with an orange or black variable. Or U.S.R would look better with a white revolve. Or X.H.X would look better with a red extreme.

2. Rubber drivers and Hasbro stadiums. I have noticed that Hasbro stadiums leave a residue on the the driver and on rubber drivers decreases grip. But in some cases that works to improve you chance of winning. For example, the combo Rovator Gravity Variable ( awakened) when clean it grips too much and flower patterns are too tight and never hit. But the residue decreases the grip to allow for a better flower pattern.
I have just thought that in every beyblade generation there is a last serie that can be considered a sort of anticipation of the next generation. For example HMS are very similar to Metal Fight Beyblade while Zero-G chromium wheels are very identical to Burst Layers. Probably last Burst serie will be a revelation for the next future generation?
Something has always been on my mind about Atomic, now that I have one, I think it's the best time to ask. Why does Atomic have the rod that stops the ball going inside the same colour as the free spinning ring? Is it an aesthetic choice? Does the rod that stops the ball do anything special? Wouldn't it be easier to have the ball stopper just be the same colour as the driver itself? It's not a big deal but I wanted to know if there's anything special about the solid coloured ball stopper.
(Sep. 11, 2017  8:54 PM)Jinbee Wrote: Something has always been on my mind about Atomic, now that I have one, I think it's the best time to ask. Why does Atomic have the rod that stops the ball going inside the same colour as the free spinning ring? Is it an aesthetic choice? Does the rod that stops the ball do anything special? Wouldn't it be easier to have the ball stopper just be the same colour as the driver itself? It's not a big deal but I wanted to know if there's anything special about the solid coloured ball stopper.

You're thinking into it too much lol. It's probably just an aesthetic choice Tongue_out
(Sep. 11, 2017  9:21 PM)DaJetsnake Wrote:
(Sep. 11, 2017  8:54 PM)Jinbee Wrote: Something has always been on my mind about Atomic, now that I have one, I think it's the best time to ask. Why does Atomic have the rod that stops the ball going inside the same colour as the free spinning ring? Is it an aesthetic choice? Does the rod that stops the ball do anything special? Wouldn't it be easier to have the ball stopper just be the same colour as the driver itself? It's not a big deal but I wanted to know if there's anything special about the solid coloured ball stopper.

You're thinking into it too much lol. It's probably just an aesthetic choice Tongue_out

There goes my hope of it being free spinning.
I've been staring at a blank draft labelled Maximum Garuda for the past three days now. How do you guys deal with writer's block?
(Sep. 12, 2017  11:39 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: I've been staring at a blank draft labelled Maximum Garuda for the past three days now. How do you guys deal with writer's block?

Write something else. Something short and simple. Or just write that thing bad, delete it, and start over.
I actually meant i missed the actual toyline of the Metal Saga. I never got into it because i was only in my late pre-double digit years(i was also a bit of a potato), and i never really recognized it. I just learned of it when i got my first Burst bey, and now i wish i could have gotten into the sweet 5-layer system. It gives you more of an advantage over the other player, more or less height, heavier or lighter wheels, ect.
(Sep. 13, 2017  9:30 PM)PixelCrunchBey Wrote: I actually meant i missed the actual toyline of the Metal Saga. I never got into it because i was only in my late pre-double digit years(i was also a bit of a potato), and i never really recognized it. I just learned of it when i got my first Burst bey, and now i wish i could have gotten into the sweet 5-layer system. It gives you more of an advantage over the other player, more or less height, heavier or lighter wheels, ect.

There are still some MFB you can get right now, and the WBO has a bit of MFB action.
I don't know if anyone already posted this before (if so,i can delete this) but here we have a silhouette of Nightmare Longinus.
[Image: 21728508_1353511634765729_89537897213179...e=5A465852]
(Sep. 14, 2017  12:49 AM)Grey Bey Wrote: I don't know if anyone already posted this before (if so,i can delete this) but here we have a silhouette of Nightmare Longinus.

If that is nL, it's pretty weird that it's two sided
people may complain it's very circular,but I count like...about 14 contact points,and considering Twin Nemesis's attack was very good,I am very hyped for nL (Regulus too,but mostly,nL)
Eh... the shape seems a tad bit too rounded for my tastes, yeah there are a few contact points but I certainly preferred the more aggressive looking L2 so far, not this... kind of Sparkling Attacker shape.
tt really needs to stop with circular attack layers nL looks cool but tN was just dissapointing i do like the modes tho
Wait, so is tN's attack good or bad? You guys seemed to have mixed opinions? I just want to know
(Sep. 14, 2017  3:11 AM)DaJetsnake Wrote: Wait, so is tN's attack good or bad? You guys seemed to have mixed opinions? I just want to know

We won't know for sure until someone does actual testing.
(Sep. 14, 2017  12:49 AM)Grey Bey Wrote: I don't know if anyone already posted this before (if so,i can delete this) but here we have a silhouette of Nightmare Longinus.

So the Dragon Bey is Nightmare Longinus, of course :-)